mrat93
Jun 14, 2008, 07:01 PM
I might be there.

j.seubert
Jun 15, 2008, 06:11 PM
ill be there

rtmadden
Jun 18, 2008, 07:23 AM
I'm gonna try and swing by @ 7pm when I get off of work. I'll be mighty disappointed if I can't pick one up then.

mrat93
Jul 1, 2008, 09:48 PM
Okay so what do we do now with this 8 A.M. launch? Do we have to wait outside until the mall opens? Will they allow that? I remember last year, somebody got there around 5 A.M.

mrat93
Jul 2, 2008, 02:00 PM
In case anybody is interested, I wrote an email to the mall.

I asked:

My question is regarding the launch of iPhone 3G on the morning of July 11,
2008. Last year, lines began early in the morning for the 6 P.M. launch.
This time, the new product will be available as soon as the mall opens. As
you may know, last year's launch attracted hundreds of people to get in the
line that was snaking around the outside of the mall. How will you handle
this year's launch? Will you allow people inside the mall before the mall's
opening? Or must everybody wait outside until 10 P.M. when the mall opens?
Thank you.

They responded:

Dear Mr. ******,

In response to the following message/inquiry submitted to the Suggestion
Box on our website. At this time we do not have specific information
regarding the event, however, we are in discussions with Apple regarding
said event. Please check back with us at a later date to followup.

Have a nice day!

The Mall Short Hills
1200 Morris Turnpike, Ste. A-001
Short Hills, NJ 07078
T 973-376-7359 ext.5, F 973-376-2976
http://www.shopshorthills.com

yooosara
Jul 6, 2008, 09:29 AM
i'll be there. quite possibly very early.

Jimmie Geddes
Jul 7, 2008, 10:24 PM
Count me in @ Short Hills Apple Store. Last year I got to the store around noon, the iPhone didn't go on sale until 6 p.m.

I don't know if I "really" need to start waiting on line @ 3 or 4 a.m.

Was wondering what time most people are going to start lining up. If mrat93 could keep us updated we all would GREATLY appreciate it. I was wondering how they were going to handle it, with the mall being closed at the time. I was also wondering if we'd be able to park in the mall parking lot if we got there pretty early?

Looking forward to waiting on line with my fellow iPhone fan boys :D

abooch1
Jul 8, 2008, 02:14 AM
ill be there..they should have plenty last year i went the day after the phone went on sale in the morning and before the mall opened you could go in the mall and on the side of the store..they should have rope and everything

Jimmie Geddes
Jul 8, 2008, 01:16 PM
I just got a response from the Security Director of The Mall at Short Hills:

"The mall entry "C" near the Qdoba restaurant will be opened at 8AM, Friday, July 11th for the Apple event. Customers arriving early will be allowed to gather on the sidewalk (Port O'John available) near the entry. The parking deck will be open."

voxnj
Jul 8, 2008, 07:43 PM
I just got a response from the Security Director of The Mall at Short Hills:

"The mall entry "C" near the Qdoba restaurant will be opened at 8AM, Friday, July 11th for the Apple event. Customers arriving early will be allowed to gather on the sidewalk (Port O'John available) near the entry. The parking deck will be open."

At last, a simple, useful piece of information. Thanks

Jimmie Geddes
Jul 8, 2008, 07:55 PM
At last, a simple, useful piece of information. Thanks

No problem, I wanted to get us NJ iPhone fanboys accurate information :D

I'm not trying to blow up anyone's spot, but what time are people planning to start lining up? I was thinking about getting to the mall between 6 a.m. - 7 a.m.

I was there for the 1st launch, and got there around noon (totally wasn't necessary 6 hours in advance). iPhones were still in stock Saturday. Friday can't come soon enough :)

ChefMan1
Jul 10, 2008, 08:27 PM
ill be there...cant wait!

mrat93
Jul 10, 2008, 09:00 PM
So.. Is anybody outside now?

ChefMan1
Jul 10, 2008, 09:22 PM
i hope not...too early...earliest maybe 3 or 4...this isnt as big as the original launch

Jimmie Geddes
Jul 10, 2008, 11:08 PM
I'm thinking about getting there for 5 or between 5:30, and 6 a.m.

yooosara
Jul 11, 2008, 12:06 AM
if my boyfriend still wanted one for his birthday i would have been waiting outside of Qdoba at 6pm coz i'm nuts like that. fortunately for me he said he didn't want it anymore. we'll probably pop in the store sometime around 4pm to see if any are left and im sure there will be. security promised amble quantities.

rtmadden
Jul 11, 2008, 10:05 AM
Anyone care to comment on their experience? Anyone get turned away?

JPIndustrie
Jul 11, 2008, 06:07 PM
Anyone care to comment on their experience? Anyone get turned away?

Yeah anyone? I'm in Bernardsville, and I know I'm going to end up waiting at least 2 hrs for the JesusPhone. I want to know if the 2 hrs are better spent here or at Bridgewater.

mrat93
Jul 11, 2008, 09:56 PM
I'm about 20 people back. I was told about 30 minutes ago that they're running low on black 16gb. If they run out, I'll get it some other day.

SeanM
Jul 11, 2008, 10:10 PM
Took very long because of the activation servers being down... but that's happening all over the country right now.

I was in line around 8 and there must have been 200 or 300 people ahead of me, line was so large that it wrapped around three times inside and then there was another line outside the mall. Took several hours, but it was made more manageable thanks to Apple handing us waters and Starbucks giving samples of their lemonade, and also Qdoba was asking people in line if they wanted food (you had to pay for it though) and they would deliver food to people in line. Was helpful since we were waiting in line during lunch.

I finally got in the store around 1:45 or 2:00PM I'd say. Actually purchasing the phone was a pretty quick procedure - they use those little handheld checkout machines to gather your information and swipe your credit card etc. The thing holding everything up was the activation process through iTunes, it kept timing out due.

The Apple store employee girl said they had plenty of stock, so if you really want a pain-free purchase experience I would wait until the weekend is over and get one on monday. There's probably still a bunch of people from yesterday who left the line and will be coming back over the weekend.