yagran
Jun 14, 2008, 07:03 PM
Im gonna be there! I can't wait!!!

Mac-Addict
Jun 14, 2008, 08:31 PM
Depends if i can get the day off school and if i can raise the cash :P

minga
Jun 15, 2008, 03:52 AM
If there is a massive hype surrounding the launch and queues build up, the odds of getting it at bluewater are good, as 2 O2 shops, 2 Carphonewarehouses and if they change their minds 1 apple store. ill be there with bells on.....

harryjarman
Jun 15, 2008, 11:38 AM
ill be there about 6ish becuase of work experience. unless i can get away early.

yagran
Jun 15, 2008, 06:07 PM
ill be there about 6ish becuase of work experience. unless i can get away early.

if its anything like the last launch it wont sell till about then anyway.

anyone going for the pay as you go phone? < sounds like its gunna cost an arm + a leg

harryjarman
Jun 16, 2008, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know if the iphone 3g is on display there yet or when it will be on display?

yagran
Jun 16, 2008, 11:33 AM
Does anyone know if the iphone 3g is on display there yet or when it will be on display?

definately not yet, will go on display on the 11th of july (probably at 6PM).

harryjarman
Jun 16, 2008, 01:45 PM
definately not yet, will go on display on the 11th of july (probably at 6PM).

lol ok, why 6pm? oh and will they be on sale from apple store?

ashpole
Jun 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
anyone going for the pay as you go phone? < sounds like its gunna cost an arm + a leg

I am, it suits my usage. I'll be Milton Keynes though.

kid rock
Jun 17, 2008, 07:07 AM
i will be going but it all depends on how you have to upgrade as i have an 8GB iphone (i was at bluewater for the day one launch) so if o2 are going to send out my free upgrade in the post then no i wont, but if they send me a voucher or somthing like that to redeem in store then yes i will be!

Si:D

yagran
Jun 18, 2008, 07:06 PM
lol ok, why 6pm? oh and will they be on sale from apple store?

just because thats what it was at the first gen launch.

Im thinking bluewater is the place to be on launch day, 2 o2 shops carphonewarehouse and apple shop. awesome.

minga
Jul 9, 2008, 04:26 AM
went into apple store yesterday, they don't know what time they will be opening but will def be selling to new subscribers! heres hoping the apple stores are the guys carrying the white one.....

ashpole
Jul 9, 2008, 04:28 AM
went into apple store yesterday, they don't know what time they will be opening but will def be selling to new subscribers! heres hoping the apple stores are the guys carrying the white one.....

I assume on contract only?

dazj
Jul 9, 2008, 09:31 AM
Gonna try and get there - not looking good with all these "only a few dozen per store" stories though :(

Anyone know if the Apple store will be able to sell upgrades?

minga
Jul 9, 2008, 09:44 AM
Few dozen per store i expect will be for O2 and CPW, as apple will want to sell as many as possible and cut out the middle man taking profit..... My prediction will be the apple stores will have a lot better stock! As stated somewhere else, APPLE Stores will only be dealing with NEW customers only. If your upgrading the spotty fellows in O2 or CPW will be doing it. The women in the apple store yesterday seemed to have a plan of the store in her hands and her sole job seemed to be answering questions on whats going on with the iphone as people walked in the door. The floor plan seemed to denote the desks being lined up differently to allow for mass activations of iphones. Hoping they have some white ones, just to be different from all the 'standard' black phones!

AllyP
Jul 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
Has anyone confirmed the Bluewater Apple store will be selling the iPhones? I've called them 3 times today and they told me to call back later. Called at 6pm and they said they would be open at 10am as normal tomorrow?

I said "so will you be selling the iPhone?" and the guy on the phone replied "don't think so, we've not had any confirmation".

Even though O2 have confirmed on their website you can buy new contracts from an Apple store, Apple themselves have been really cagey? No idea why :confused:

dazj
Jul 10, 2008, 10:48 PM
5am at the downstairs o2 store and there's 4 of us. Two guys have been here since 1130 last night and the other turned up 10 minutes before me. Not sad at all

minga
Jul 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
I'm just about to head up from rochester. how did you get into bluewater at this time in the morning??? i was thinking about camping out in front of the apple store; i want a white one!

johny5
Jul 11, 2008, 12:01 AM
5am at the downstairs o2 store and there's 4 of us. Two guys have been here since 1130 last night and the other turned up 10 minutes before me. Not sad at all

Lol, we will look for you all on sky news :)

minga
Jul 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
Out side the apple store, there is def action inside. First in the queue and loads of apple bods are turning up for work! its all behind a black curtain

minga
Jul 11, 2008, 05:19 AM
First in queue, first on the computer to sign up, over 3 hours later and still waiting. But usual great hospitality in the apple store. My white iPhone is infront of me but cos of o2 I can't use it

Spanky Deluxe
Jul 11, 2008, 06:00 AM
First in queue, first on the computer to sign up, over 3 hours later and still waiting. But usual great hospitality in the apple store. My white iPhone is infront of me but cos of o2 I can't use it

Ah so Apple *did* keep all the white iPhones for themselves. I was in a similar situation, first in the store, first on a computer, took 2 hours to authorise. Luckily after an hour they said I could head off and they'd call me when it went through so I wasn't stuck there for too long.

Macbooky
Jul 12, 2008, 04:47 PM
Hi,

Does anybody know if the Apple Store in Bluewater has any stock left of the 16gb 3g iPhone? I queued outside O2 in Maidenhead Friday morning and they sold out long before they got to me :-( (I must have been 40th in the queue!)
I want a white one and will go to Bluewater but they arent answering their phones so I cant check if they've sold out or not! Can anyone give me any info? Thanks.

JimNoble
Jul 13, 2008, 04:30 AM
I phoned the Brent Cross store last night - they've sold out of 16Gb Black, but have 16Gb white and 8Gb Black left.

They don't open until noon, so it may be worth a last minute dash there for when the shopping centre opens at 11:30am...

HTH,

Jim

AllyP
Jul 13, 2008, 06:53 AM
bluewater had only 16gb in White left at 11am yesterday not sure about now though