PDA

View Full Version : Sacramento, CA

El Carbonite
Jun 14, 2008, 07:07 PM
Anyone going to the Arden Fair Apple Store or an AT&T Store in Sacramento? How about Roseville?

pfish
Jun 14, 2008, 08:53 PM
Depending on the details of the launch (store opening, 6pm...yada yada), I might go to Arden Fair. Otherwise I might just hit an AT&T store in town. I like going to the Apple store just buy from them, but with gas prices....not worth the drive across the causeway.

lostfan916
Jun 14, 2008, 09:05 PM
I'll be at Arden. Probably going to be getting there around 5:45, I hope there isn't a long line... :)

ETA: There's an Apple store in Roseville? Is it in the Galleria? I didn't know about that, not that I would go because it is way farther for me, but didn't know.

dragonslayer458
Jun 14, 2008, 09:46 PM
There isn't an apple store in the galleria but there is an at&t store that will be selling them. I'm planning on going to the at&t store. I don't think there will be too many people here waiting in line. but we shall see.

lostfan916
Jun 14, 2008, 11:20 PM
Oh, okay, I didn't think there was.

There's an AT&T by Arden (might even be in the shopping center, I couldn't tell by the map) so if for some reason it's a no go at Arden I've got it as my backup.

TalkAboutApple
Jun 15, 2008, 01:00 AM
Normally I would love to do this, was in the Arden line last year. But I think I will get mine at AT&T since I have lots of questions regarding the service transition that have to be right.

007bond4321
Jun 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
I'm planning on either the AT&T store inside the galleria or the one nearer to REI, depending on the line. Both are listed as having the 2G phone. (out of stock I'd assume)

dragonslayer458
Jun 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm planning on either the AT&T store inside the galleria or the one nearer to REI, depending on the line. Both are listed as having the 2G phone. (out of stock I'd assume)

the at&t store inside the galleria won't be selling the iphone only the att store across the street next to chipotle will be

007bond4321
Jun 15, 2008, 06:34 PM
the at&t store inside the galleria won't be selling the iphone only the att store across the street next to chipotle will be

thanks for the heads up - I just saw two Roseville stores and assumed. Duh, one's on Douglass...

HymerSchmidt
Jun 15, 2008, 10:21 PM
Stockton, anyone? Probably not.

Anyways, how do you figure out which stores are carrying?

enklined
Jun 16, 2008, 10:17 AM
I'll most likely be hitting up Apple at Arden Fair.

Last year, I waited in line from about 5:15pm at the AT&T in Natomas, on Truxel Road (by McD's). Got to the front of the line - next one in - and they come out and say "All out of 8GBs" - BLEH! So I run down to the Apple store, NO LINE! I was in and out in 5 minutes with my 8GB.

I might scope out the AT&T store on Truxel first tho, as its right by my house. If there's any sort of line, I'll be at the Apple store.

grantrobarts
Jun 16, 2008, 10:30 AM
I'll be at Arden Fair at whatever time it is supposed to be released.

swinneyn
Jun 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
Last year I went to the at&t store at downtown plaza. The line was long but fast, I did, however, showup at 11am, 4th in line. That's probably gonna be my plan for this year.

dragonslayer458
Jun 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
Last year I went to the at&t store at downtown plaza. The line was long but fast, I did, however, showup at 11am, 4th in line. That's probably gonna be my plan for this year.

hopefully this year it will be fast considering all the rumors about manditory in store activations...

jcostaman
Jun 16, 2008, 03:40 PM

The AT&T store in the mall has NEVER carried the 2G iPhone. I have tried many times. I think that since the store is so small they must not have it.:confused:

LtCarter47
Jun 17, 2008, 12:17 AM
Last year I camped out for 26 hours at the AT&T store by the Galleria. It was an epic night. Sadly however, I think I'll just be going to Arden after work on Friday this time.

Would've been great to bust out the plasma again though!

LtCarter47
Jun 17, 2008, 12:19 AM
The AT&T store in the mall has NEVER carried the 2G iPhone. I have tried many times. I think that since the store is so small they must not have it.:confused:

The reason is that it's a Parrot AT&T store. Kind of a franchise chain. No Parrot store has the iPhone, and will not be selling the 3G. My friend works for Parrot, and he was actually in line with me at the "real" AT&T store across the street to get one for his store, to be used as a demo unit or something.

Smin
Jun 17, 2008, 08:16 AM
Going to scope out the Natomas Store also since it's near my house. If it's busy/crowded, i'll prob hit up Arden.

dragonslayer458
Jun 18, 2008, 12:06 AM
Does anyone think that roseville's at&t store next to the galleria will be busy? if so, what time should i get there? this'll be my first iphone so i need all the tips i can get so i dont get shafted on release day...

bradl
Jun 18, 2008, 12:18 AM
Does anyone think that roseville's at&t store next to the galleria will be busy? if so, what time should i get there? this'll be my first iphone so i need all the tips i can get so i dont get shafted on release day...

Not sure, but you do have a choice..

There's the one on Roseville Pkwy next to the Galleria, as well as the one on Douglas Blvd. So you have your choice.

As for Natomas, I'd think that one would be packed, because of how close it is to that bloody Natomas Marketplace and the school. To be honest, I'd make a good trip out of it and make the drive to Davis instead. That one should be less crowded.

BL.

El Carbonite
Jun 18, 2008, 11:55 AM
I know someone that got into the Natomas line around 4pm and they were like 10th in line, not so bad. It might not be like that this year though.

LtCarter47
Jun 18, 2008, 12:00 PM
I've got the feeling it won't be as bad as it was last year, and it wasn't really even that bad (especially at Apple stores from everything I've read). I plan to show up at the Arden Apple store around 4-4:30pm.

angemon89
Jun 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
I will be there when the Mall opens. I'm gonna be there with 2 other people so it should be fun. (I really want to be first).:cool:

dragonslayer458
Jun 26, 2008, 05:42 PM
what are the odds that they will be "releasing" them at 6pm again? I'm hoping for them to do it when the stores open that morning. (I have to work that evening)

macnerd77
Jun 27, 2008, 06:59 PM
Last year I camped out for 26 hours at the AT&T store by the Galleria. It was an epic night. Sadly however, I think I'll just be going to Arden after work on Friday this time.

Would've been great to bust out the plasma again though!

I totally remember reading about you last year while i was in line at the apple store arden. that was an awesome setup you had.

macnerd77
Jun 27, 2008, 07:01 PM
I will be there when the Mall opens. I'm gonna be there with 2 other people so it should be fun. (I really want to be first).:cool:

Last year i got to the arden fair apple store at about 9pm and there was already 7 people in line. I am planning on getting in line about midnight.

macnerd77
Jun 27, 2008, 07:03 PM
what are the odds that they will be "releasing" them at 6pm again? I'm hoping for them to do it when the stores open that morning. (I have to work that evening)

Well if they launch at 6pm you will just have to call in sick :D

Garrett
Jun 29, 2008, 02:08 PM
I am going with all my buddies at work :)

Getting there at like 10AM regardless when it launches though. :D

stockcerts
Jul 2, 2008, 11:45 PM
I live in Folsom, about 1 mile from the AT&T store on East Bidwell. Not sure yet if I'm going there, or the 30 minute drive to the mall (on a work day). If there's a big line at the AT&T store I may decide to try after work, or the following day.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 6, 2008, 03:18 AM
I've got the feeling it won't be as bad as it was last year, and it wasn't really even that bad (especially at Apple stores from everything I've read). I plan to show up at the Arden Apple store around 4-4:30pm.

LtCarter!!! You camping out again? Why are you going to arden and not ATT? let me know what's going on.

jojoskinner2000
Jul 6, 2008, 04:13 PM
I'll be at Arden. Probably going to be getting there around 5:45, I hope there isn't a long line... :)

ETA: There's an Apple store in Roseville? Is it in the Galleria? I didn't know about that, not that I would go because it is way farther for me, but didn't know.

They are adding on to the Galleria and there was a sign saying an Apple Store will be coming added on.

swinneyn
Jul 7, 2008, 12:15 AM
Last year i got to the arden fair apple store at about 9pm and there was already 7 people in line. I am planning on getting in line about midnight.

9PM the night before?? That would mean you stayed the night in the mall. Or did you get there 3 hours late in which case it would be weird that there's still a line.

macnerd77
Jul 7, 2008, 12:58 AM
9PM the night before?? That would mean you stayed the night in the mall. Or did you get there 3 hours late in which case it would be weird that there's still a line.
yes I did sleep in the mall. Security was there checking in on us. They even let us charge our laptops from the malls power outlet

:apple: :apple:

macnerd77
Jul 7, 2008, 01:02 AM
Since we now know that the iPhone will be sold at 8am. What time are ya'll planning to get in line? I am thinking 8pm the night before
:apple:

AppleIntelRock
Jul 7, 2008, 01:36 AM
Since we now know that the iPhone will be sold at 8am. What time are ya'll planning to get in line? I am thinking 8pm the night before

I honestly don't think that'll be necessary, unless you really want to spend the night in front of the store... there was an AMPLE supply at introduction (nobody NEEDED to camp out) and there is defiantly going to be an ample supply available this time... I honestly don't anticipate much camping out, then again, I could be wrong. I'm planning on getting there at around 6 or 7 am

swinneyn
Jul 7, 2008, 02:30 AM

I don't care about ample supply... I still want to camp out (technically in, I guess) 8PM or 9PM the night before is my plan.

swinneyn
Jul 7, 2008, 02:39 AM
yes I did sleep in the mall. Security was there checking in on us. They even let us charge our laptops from the malls power outlet

:apple: :apple:

Did you get free WiFi?

AppleIntelRock
Jul 7, 2008, 03:42 AM
I don't care about ample supply... I still want to camp out (technically in, I guess) 8PM or 9PM the night before is my plan.

... it hasn't been confirmed when apple is even going to sell iPhone via their own retail stores

swinneyn
Jul 7, 2008, 03:49 AM
... it hasn't been confirmed when apple is even going to sell iPhone via their own retail stores

I highly doubt it will be different than AT&T, it will be just like last year only 8AM rather than 6PM. Apple Retail stores don't want to be hours behind the local AT&T stores...

macnerd77
Jul 7, 2008, 06:55 AM
Did you get free WiFi?

Yes apples free wifi was available all night. Some of us got free tshirts from fastmac that said "I got iPhone" It was fun. Such an experience. I was thinking about going to the apple store in SF this time. But i am not sure if there will be anything different to make the drive worth it.

swinneyn
Jul 7, 2008, 09:29 PM

Well, It's been confirmed... 8:00AM across all apple retail stores, that settles it I'll be at Arden Fair 8:30 Thursday! :D

stockcerts
Jul 7, 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm going to hang with the AT&T store in Folsom on Friday morning!

stockcerts
Jul 8, 2008, 11:07 AM
I may change my mind and go to the Apple Store after all. I am considering getting there about 6:30, will the mall be open at that time? I know the Apple store opens at 8:00. Thanks!!

AppleIntelRock
Jul 8, 2008, 02:47 PM
Well, It's been confirmed... 8:00AM across all apple retail stores, that settles it I'll be at Arden Fair 8:30 Thursday! :D

AM or PM? How insane would LtCarter's plasma be in front of the apple store?!:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::apple::apple::apple:

swinneyn
Jul 8, 2008, 03:03 PM
AM or PM? How insane would LtCarter's plasma be in front of the apple store?!:eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::apple::apple::apple:

Mega Insane!! Movie night in front of the apple store... or game night in front of the apple store... The possibilities are endless!!

Oh, and I meant 8PM Thursday...:D

AppleIntelRock
Jul 8, 2008, 03:05 PM
Just keeping tabs, I made the paper last year... and am looking to be first in line this year.

stockcerts
Jul 8, 2008, 03:13 PM
I have no desire to take your spot in line. I wonder how ugly the line will be at 6:30am on Friday? Any thoughts, and will they allow you in the mall that early?

swinneyn
Jul 8, 2008, 08:08 PM
Just keeping tabs, I made the paper last year... and am looking to be first in line this year.

I have no desire to take your spot in line. I wonder how ugly the line will be at 6:30am on Friday? Any thoughts, and will they allow you in the mall that early?

Yeah, my goal is not to be first... 3rd maybe... I hear there might be low supply of White 16 giggers.

LtCarter47
Jul 8, 2008, 11:37 PM
LtCarter!!! You camping out again? Why are you going to arden and not ATT? let me know what's going on.

Very doubtful that I'll be camping this year. I recently got a new job, so I don't want to be taking time off so soon. It's in Rancho Cordova, so I was thinking I'd stop by the Apple Store after work. I want a white 16GB, so I'll probably be keeping tabs on the Internet while I'm at work to see if they're running out at all and where. If necessary I'll just wait for the next shipment.

If I didn't have the job situation I would be all over camping again with the plasma, that was a lot of fun, except for the sunburn!

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 01:15 AM
Very doubtful that I'll be camping this year. I recently got a new job, so I don't want to be taking time off so soon. It's in Rancho Cordova, so I was thinking I'd stop by the Apple Store after work. I want a white 16GB, so I'll probably be keeping tabs on the Internet while I'm at work to see if they're running out at all and where. If necessary I'll just wait for the next shipment.

If I didn't have the job situation I would be all over camping again with the plasma, that was a lot of fun, except for the sunburn!
the suburn... and the police came and made an arrest.

are you still doing server migration?

i too want a white iPhone, I figure i'll get there at like 10 or 11.

swinneyn
Jul 9, 2008, 02:12 AM

AM or PM? :confused: I don't want to be in a one man line at Arden Fair Mall, I'd rather be 2nd in line with someone to talk to, than 1st in line by myself. :D

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 02:15 AM
AM or PM? :confused:

change of plans. going to be in the bay area.... will got to valley fair

LtCarter47
Jul 9, 2008, 10:14 AM
AM or PM? :confused: I don't want to be in a one man line at Arden Fair Mall, I'd rather be 2nd in line with someone to talk to, than 1st in line by myself. :D

Haha, yeah, that can be a little weird huh? I did that for the Playstation 2. Sat in front of Sears for 4 hours before anyone else showed up. And I don't think I owned an iPod at that point yet... Makes me wonder how I got through that!

But hey, if you can start the line inside, you'll have lots of people to talk to, over Apple's wifi! ;)

Heh, yeah, that was one of my friends that thought it would be a good idea to be out and drinking while he was on probation.

No more server stuff for me(it was fun though), I left Hewlett Packard. I'm doing electrical engineering design work nowadays.

swinneyn
Jul 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
Arden Fair Security has placed me in a one man line in front of Starbucks, they're handing out tickets around 9PM... It's mad hot outside. Apple took pictures of me for a "promotion by corporate" as I am first in line right now. :p But I am very lonely! :(

EricNau
Jul 10, 2008, 08:37 PM
I've been thinking about you all planning on waiting overnight, hoping you don't have to wait outside. With this smoke and heat I'd imagine its pretty much unbearable.

dragonslayer458
Jul 10, 2008, 08:40 PM
Arden Fair Security has placed me in a one man line in front of Starbucks, they're handing out tickets around 9PM... It's mad hot outside. Apple took pictures of me for a "promotion by corporate" as I am first in line right now. :p But I am very lonely! :(

I've been thinking about you all planning on waiting overnight, hoping you don't have to wait outside. With this smoke and heat I'd imagine its pretty much unbearable.

geez you're really a trooper sitting out in this heat and smoke. it must be helpful being outside starbucks. have you been asked yet what you're waiting for?

Badger1029
Jul 10, 2008, 08:55 PM
I was planning on hitting up Arden later in the evening. If they are passing out tickets at 9 then maybe I will get out there sooner. What are the tickets for anyways? You are a trooper for standing the smoke and heat for sure. Hopefully they let you hang inside, they did that last year apparently but the launch was at 6 anyways.

RexTraverse
Jul 10, 2008, 09:14 PM
Yeah wondering the same thing about the tickets. I don't want any people having to sit outside in the heat and the smoke all night, but it seems kinda cheap if anyone can just show up at 9pm, pick up a ticket, and then come back tomorrow morning.

Planning to show up at 6am and wait it out, but I'm gonna be pissed if some giant crowd of people show up at 7:55 with tickets.

Badger1029
Jul 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
Maybe passing out tickets as people show up so they don't have to camp out. Which sort of kills the experience for me.

swinneyn
Jul 10, 2008, 09:40 PM

It is unbearable.

geez you're really a trooper sitting out in this heat and smoke. it must be helpful being outside starbucks. have you been asked yet what you're waiting for?

Security put up a sign that says "Apple i-Phone Line Starts HERE"

I was planning on hitting up Arden later in the evening. If they are passing out tickets at 9 then maybe I will get out there sooner. What are the tickets for anyways? You are a trooper for standing the smoke and heat for sure. Hopefully they let you hang inside, they did that last year apparently but the launch was at 6 anyways.

Tickets at 9...

Maybe passing out tickets as people show up so they don't have to camp out. Which sort of kills the experience for me.

According to Apple, It's still first come, first served. So the experience remains.

Badger1029
Jul 10, 2008, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the info, looks like I will be heading over there at 9.

swinneyn
Jul 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
The tickets, however, do not permit you to leave the line. The tickets are for keeping tabs on who's who in line, and the amount of people to let in the mall at a time.

This is what the Security guards are telling me, but I'll double check soon. There is now one other person in line. So hurry over for 3rd place! ;)

RexTraverse
Jul 10, 2008, 09:54 PM
The tickets, however, do not permit you to leave the line. The tickets are for keeping tabs on who's who in line, and the amount of people to let in the mall at a time.

This is what the Security guards are telling me, but I'll double check soon. There is now one other person in line. So hurry over for 3rd place! ;)

That sounds fair. 6am it is!

AppleIntelRock
Jul 10, 2008, 10:11 PM
man, i'm missing the whole thing. there aren't any apple stores where i had to go out of town, so i'll be camping in front of an att corporate...

i much prefer apple

angemon89
Jul 10, 2008, 10:36 PM
I'll probably show up tomorrow morning like at 5am. No way I'm gonna spend the night outside Arden! See you there swinn. :p

Badger1029
Jul 10, 2008, 10:51 PM
You have been a great help Swinn and I will be joining you in a few.

swinneyn
Jul 10, 2008, 11:18 PM
UPDATE

Line Count: 10

The tickets are for, and I've confirmed this with the Guards, keeping the mobs out of the store, making sure people who are inline get in first. So you need to show up for a good spot and you HAVE TO STAY FOR LONG RUN.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 10, 2008, 11:25 PM
with last year as a basis, i don't think you need to camp out. arden went over 2 full business days w/o running out. that being said, im camping out here. its a way to show my iDevotion :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool::apple::apple::apple:

angemon89
Jul 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
UPDATE

Line Count: 10

The tickets are for, and I've confirmed this with the Guards, keeping the mobs out of the store, making sure people who are inline get in first. So you need to show up for a good spot and you HAVE TO STAY FOR LONG RUN.
10, 20, 30... no big deal to me. As long as I'm not number 200 or something!
I'll be showing up EARLY tomorrow morning because there's no way I'd camp out overnight, even for an iPhone.

harodude
Jul 11, 2008, 12:29 AM
Its either the laguna blvd for me or arden fair!!!

I would drive up to arden, but ive got horrrible asthma and i dont think i would survive through the night without an ambulance.hahahaha

Anyways, looking forward to arriving early to the ATT store on laguna
Anyone else?

PunkRockPete
Jul 11, 2008, 03:03 AM
Alright guys, more company coming your way. I'm gonna grab a quick nap, and see you all in line around 6am at the Apple store. looking forward to it.

@ AppleIntelRocks: Hey man, this is Pete. I'm LtCarter's buddy. You may remember me as the guy who almost got arrested. The other guy did, but the let me go! :D Too bad we won't see you at Arden, maybe iPhone3? haha.

Rybold
Jul 11, 2008, 03:27 AM
Check availability here:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

El Carbonite
Jul 11, 2008, 09:47 AM
I've just gotten a report that there are over 100 people in the line at the Roseville AT&T store across from the Galleria!

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 10:25 AM
You have been a great help Swinn and I will be joining you in a few.

Hey BadgerBadger, that you?

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 10:56 AM
I've just gotten a report that there are over 100 people in the line at the Roseville AT&T store across from the Galleria!

well damn, glad i'm waiting a couple days then... are they sold out?

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 12:04 PM
well damn, glad i'm waiting a couple days then... are they sold out?

Ditto on that question.
Saw ~50 people at Douglas and ~100 near Galleria around 7:45 am. What do local lines look like/where are they sold out?

Will be checking both those locations at lunch...

stockcerts
Jul 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
I spent the night at the AT&T store in Folsom. I got there about 10:00PM last night, and there was only about five people in front of me. This morning when I woke up (on the sidewalk) there must have been about 200. I was out of the store by about 8:20 with my new 16gig white IPhone!!

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
I spent the night at the AT&T store in Folsom. I got there about 10:00PM last night, and there was only about five people in front of me. This morning when I woke up (on the sidewalk) there must have been about 200. I was out of the store by about 8:20 with my new 16gig white IPhone!!

Early bird luck, eh? Congrats

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 12:31 PM

how does the screen look? there have been reports that it has a yellow tint to it.

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
Apple Store line status?
thanks in advance

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
anyone know if the roseville at&t store is still busy?

lostfan916
Jul 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
Apple Store line status?
thanks in advance
My friend texted me this morning and she said the line wrapped around the second floor :eek:

bradl
Jul 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
My friend texted me this morning and she said the line wrapped around the second floor :eek:

I don't doubt it! It's what happens when it's the only :apple: store in the city! Thats why if I were home, I'd opt for one of the ATT stores. How are the lines at any of those? Folsom? Natomas? Citrus Heights? Davis?

BL.

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 01:55 PM
galleria AT&T SOLD OUT. I'll be headed to Arden at 5pm. They better have some left!

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 02:03 PM
galleria AT&T SOLD OUT. I'll be headed to Arden at 5pm. They better have some left!

well damn...

stockcerts
Jul 11, 2008, 02:10 PM
I haven't noticed a yellow tint. So far there are no problems to report. I'm a new IPhone user, but it seems very straightforward.

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 02:18 PM
I haven't noticed a yellow tint. So far there are no problems to report. I'm a new IPhone user, but it seems very straightforward.

i'll be a first time owner of an iphone also so the yellow screen issue won't be an issue to me.. although now i'll have to wait untill the next shipment at the galleria at&t and if they don't give me my upgrade early it'll be another two months...

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 02:42 PM
ya, galleria ATT claims that ATT is out everywhere. They didn't even have a 3G dock for me to buy :(
It was slightly comical to see the 4 display phones wedged into the old docks. It worked, but I'm sure it was bending the dock and scratching the phone. You really had to jam it in there to make it start charging!
BTW: black looks really sharp. Too bad there weren't any white ones on display, but I think its gonna have to be black for me. I'm headed to Apple at 5pm

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 03:47 PM
how about the apple store? are they expecting a shortage?

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
how about the apple store? are they expecting a shortage?

That's what I want to know. My friend that was there this morning in line said the employees would not tell him how many units they had, only that they did not expect to sell out today. I'm hoping that means there will be a white one there for me at 4. I'm meeting my parents there so I can buy my mom her late mothers day gift :o, and hopefully mine as well!

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 04:48 PM
That's what I want to know. My friend that was there this morning in line said the employees would not tell him how many units they had, only that they did not expect to sell out today. I'm hoping that means there will be a white one there for me at 4. I'm meeting my parents there so I can buy my mom her late mothers day gift :o, and hopefully mine as well!

*crossing fingers for 5pm*

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 04:54 PM

thats good, i may end up having to go there. once this whole yellow screen issue is figured out. (i'm sure its just a setting that apple put on it to make certain images and videos look better) i dont have the original iphone to compare it with so it doesnt bother me that much. but i'll still wait.

GreenJuice
Jul 11, 2008, 05:08 PM
If you go to the Arden Fair Apple store plan on standing in line for a long time. I called a few minutes ago and was told that they are still helping some people that have been in line since 8am. Then, right after I'd called the Apple store, a friend called me and told me that when they went down to the store at 11am there were 300 people in line. Those two things together tell me that they're not getting through the line very fast.

I had been planning on going down there after work as well, but now I'm leaning towards just waiting until later on this weekend. :(

If the lines clear up later on tonight, let us know!

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 05:12 PM
If you go to the Arden Fair Apple store plan on standing in line for a long time. I called a few minutes ago and was told that they are still helping some people that have been in line since 8am. Then, right after I'd called the Apple store, a friend called me and told me that when they went down to the store at 11am there were 300 people in line. Those two things together tell me that they're not getting through the line very fast.

I had been planning on going down there after work as well, but now I'm leaning towards just waiting until later on this weekend. :(

If the lines clear up later on tonight, let us know!

Crap, Well, I'll find out at 4, and I'll let you know!

SafariX
Jul 11, 2008, 06:10 PM
Any updates on the line or availability at the Apple Store at Arden Fair?

enklined
Jul 11, 2008, 06:15 PM
I called about 30-45 mins ago, and was told "We have plently of phones but the line is about 4-5 hours long."

UNBELIEVABLE! Original iDay, I went to ATT in Natomas, they sold out at about 7:30 or so (i was the NEXT PERSON IN LINE!) so I shot to Apple at Arden, walked right in and out with 2 new phones in as many minutes. This new activation process must just blow ass!

Not sure what I'm going to do. Was thinking about shooting over there after work (5:30ish), but now I'm thinking about going home and rolling a fatty and chillin. Today has been an insane friday at work, and I'm exhausted. Might just have to grab one tomorrow or Sunday.

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 06:20 PM
I called about 30-45 mins ago, and was told "We have plently of phones but the line is about 4-5 hours long."

UNBELIEVABLE! Original iDay, I went to ATT in Natomas, they sold out at about 7:30 or so (i was the NEXT PERSON IN LINE!) so I shot to Apple at Arden, walked right in and out with 2 new phones in as many minutes. This new activation process must just blow ass!

Not sure what I'm going to do. Was thinking about shooting over there after work (5:30ish), but now I'm thinking about going home and rolling a fatty and chillin. Today has been an insane friday at work, and I'm exhausted. Might just have to grab one tomorrow or Sunday.

Yeah, I just got here, line goes down to macys. I went ahead and got in line, depending on how well it moves in the next hour I may or may not stay.

GreenJuice
Jul 11, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hey Lt can you post again before 5:30pm? I want to know if the line is moving at a decent pace or not. I'm still trying to decide whether or not to go down after work.

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 06:47 PM
Will do, so far we've moved about 15-20 feet. The apple employee at the end of the line nearby agrees that it's probably a 4 hour wait or so, but is very confident there is plenty of stock and claims the line is indeed moving. I'm still kind of on the fence as to wether I want to wait or not. If my friend (who got his this morning here) is willing to come wait with me after he gets off work, and will bring me a chair and maybe my MacBook, then I probably will.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 11, 2008, 06:55 PM
I got to AT&T around midnight and I was the first in line, about 160 people came and they had 70 ifones. Apples itms activation servers went offline this morning and that created some MAJOR delays. We were allowed to simply buy and leave like last time and the phone wasn't even opened In the store.
Good luck lt, keep us posted!!!

Posted via mobile safari on my 16gb:Black ;)

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 07:11 PM
just an update, I've moved about 2 full store lengths so far total, approaching hot topic...

AppleIntelRock
Jul 11, 2008, 07:12 PM
just an update, I've moved about 2 full store lengths so far total, approaching hot topic...

moving ftw!!!!!!

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
Right as I posted that we moved an entire 1.5 stores up. I am no directly in front of hot topic.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 11, 2008, 07:25 PM
Right as I posted that we moved an entire 1.5 stores up. I am no directly in front of hot topic.
somebody is posting via iphone :p
1.5 stores ftw!

GreenJuice
Jul 11, 2008, 07:27 PM
Thanks for the updates, I actually pulled up a map of the mall. Based on how much you've moved so far, anyone who gets in line now will probably be there until closing. So I think I'm just going to try my luck tomorrow or Sunday.

Good luck!

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
ok, update at 530 as requested, still in front of hot topic, but I wouldn't be syprised if we moved again soon.

Last one for a while, gotta save my battery.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 11, 2008, 07:30 PM
ltcarter, if you haven't experienced 2.0/app store yet, then it'll be worth your wait... if you have, it might be slightly depressing. personally, i sold my phone for 560, and made over 200 by upgrading to the 16gb-while doubling my space at the same time. i'm pretty pleased with that. at least the activation problems are over.

enklined
Jul 11, 2008, 07:43 PM
LtCarter, how far does the line go behind you? Is it still all the way to Macy's?

I'll probably be heading there in the next 20 mins or so.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 11, 2008, 07:44 PM
LtCarter, how far does the line go behind you? Is it still all the way to Macy's?

you may consider waiting until tomorrow.

007bond4321
Jul 11, 2008, 08:05 PM

Ya it is. I'm gonna come back on the morning :(

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 08:09 PM
Line looks like it's still at macys, right were I got in. I'm in front of the vans store now.

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 09:43 PM
now in front of teavana. About to traverse the "Great JCPenny Divide"

EricNau
Jul 11, 2008, 09:45 PM
What happens to the line when the mall closes?

LtCarter47
Jul 11, 2008, 09:48 PM
Everyone in line at the time of closing will be taken care of, we've been told by apple staff.

dragonslayer458
Jul 11, 2008, 10:51 PM
ugh....one of my co-workers boyfriend just came back from arden and had the new phone he waited in line hours for... and i got to play with it. i'm an iphone virgin and i LOVED it. i almost wanted to take it from him....almost... *sigh* i hate that i'll have to wait another two months for my upgrade... anyone know anyone at cingular that can help with getting my upgrade bumped up two months? pleeeease

007bond4321
Jul 12, 2008, 12:59 AM
Everyone in line at the time of closing will be taken care of, we've been told by apple staff.

so, what ended up happening?

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 01:24 AM
Well, I had a much longer post that explained all this in detail, but I got logged out stupidly.

Anyway, here's the deal. Store ended up closing at 11PM, and it turned out they couldn't process anyone past that point.

I got in at 10ish, but there was some stupid old-ass discount stuck on my account and they had to call AT&T, but guess what, AT&T was closed. Awesome.

Anyway they're holding my phone and here's the ticket they gave me to bring back tomorrow.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/iphone3g.png

enklined
Jul 12, 2008, 02:27 AM
LtCarter, I was about 20 people back from the front when they sent everyone home.

I noticed that at about 10:30, the cheering that had gone on all night every minute or so when someone left the store with their newly purchased iPhone had ceased. No one was leaving with an iPhone, let alone leaving the store at all. Employees then came out around 10:45 and told us they were having problems. At 11pm, they called it a night, telling us that "AT&T's activation service has shutdown for the night, there's nothing we can do. Here's a pass to let you skip the line tomorrow and get your iPhone" (see LtCarter's post above for a pic).

Anyway, my girlfriend and I were there from 6pm to 11pm, and ended up going home empty handed....we're a little bummed out.

Oh, LtCarter, the thing with the discount - I had a discount on my plan too, but at about 6:30-7pm, when we were still way back by Hot Topic, an employee told us that if anyone had a discount on their phone, they would have to call right now and cancel it because the Apple Store was unable to process business accounts. So, I called right then and cancelled my discount.

Ah. anyway. What a night. Well, I'll be at the Apple store somewhere around 9am (when they open)...

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 10:02 AM
LtCarter, I was about 20 people back from the front when they sent everyone home.

I noticed that at about 10:30, the cheering that had gone on all night every minute or so when someone left the store with their newly purchased iPhone had ceased. No one was leaving with an iPhone, let alone leaving the store at all. Employees then came out around 10:45 and told us they were having problems. At 11pm, they called it a night, telling us that "AT&T's activation service has shutdown for the night, there's nothing we can do. Here's a pass to let you skip the line tomorrow and get your iPhone" (see LtCarter's post above for a pic).

Anyway, my girlfriend and I were there from 6pm to 11pm, and ended up going home empty handed....we're a little bummed out.

Oh, LtCarter, the thing with the discount - I had a discount on my plan too, but at about 6:30-7pm, when we were still way back by Hot Topic, an employee told us that if anyone had a discount on their phone, they would have to call right now and cancel it because the Apple Store was unable to process business accounts. So, I called right then and cancelled my discount.

Ah. anyway. What a night. Well, I'll be at the Apple store somewhere around 9am (when they open)...

I sure wish they would have told me that when I was still back in line at 6:30. Although I doubt I would have called because as far as I knew, I haven't had that discount for over a year, so I blame AT&T. So when I got home, I called my friend to tell him about it. He's actually an AT&T manager for the Grass Valley store, and he was at arden in the morning and got his. He told me that AT&T's after hours # can do everything their normal support # does, contrary to what the Apple store manager said....

Oh well. Yesterday is done and gone. Maybe I'll see you at arden this morning. I'm about to get ready for the day and head out there. I think I'll wear a Sharks shirt, so if you see me, say hi.

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 11:03 AM
Well, I'm here again. There is a small line of around 15 people with tickets like mine, and a line for people without tickts. That one looks like it goes to about macys again.

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 12:05 PM
Been in the store for about an hour, AT&T messed something up with that old discount, we're on call #5 or 6 now.

cabz
Jul 12, 2008, 12:06 PM
I'm thinking about heading over there sometime today and wondering if the line still stretches back to Macy's, or further (and how it seems to be moving).

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 12:12 PM
I'm thinking about heading over there sometime today and wondering if the line still stretches back to Macy's, or further (and how it seems to be moving).

I'll let you know as soon as I leave

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 12:23 PM
The saga continues....

Apparently the computer thinks I'm not eligible for the discounted price. Doesn't make sense since I've had an original iPhone since launch over a year ago.

She's working on the problem. Both of us are being very patient and working through this....

dragonslayer458
Jul 12, 2008, 12:43 PM
The saga continues....

Apparently the computer thinks I'm not eligible for the discounted price. Doesn't make sense since I've had an original iPhone since launch over a year ago.

She's working on the problem. Both of us are being very patient and working through this....

any chance that there can be an error on their system that shows my account AVAILABLE for a discount? *crosses fingers*

cabz
Jul 12, 2008, 12:51 PM
The saga continues....

Ouch... waiting in line for hours is bad enough, but having to come back the next day and wait some more can't be any fun. I'm really hoping ATT doesn't have any issues with my account.

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 01:04 PM
Ok, I'm finally out! I'll post a longer message detailing ad much as I can remember when I get home.

As far as the line goes, it was still very close to macys, but given the speed of activation (provided AT&T doesn't f up your account), I would guess maybe 2-3 hours wait time.

Good luck!

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 01:06 PM
oh, and wow! Macrumors loads so much faster on this thing!:D

cabz
Jul 12, 2008, 01:22 PM
Ok, I'm finally out! I'll post a longer message detailing ad much as I can remember when I get home.

As far as the line goes, it was still very close to macys, but given the speed of activation (provided AT&T doesn't f up your account), I would guess maybe 2-3 hours wait time.

Good luck!

Thanks for providing an update - and I hope your new phone was worth the 2 day ordeal.

RodneyB
Jul 12, 2008, 01:42 PM

Good luck!

Hey ltcarter47, I just registered for macrumors today to say thank you for your updates about getting the iphone at Arden Mall today and yesterday.

I was searching all over google for some "real time" reports, and I was happy to find this thread.

I went there in the morning and at 5pm-ish yesterday and the lines were crazy, so I turned around and walked out. I must have been crazy to think I'd be able to get there and see a small line.

Maybe I'll brave the line later today :)

cabz
Jul 12, 2008, 02:17 PM
I went there in the morning and at 5pm-ish yesterday and the lines were crazy, so I turned around and walked out. I must have been crazy to think I'd be able to get there and see a small line.

Maybe I'll brave the line later today :)

Yeah - I went yesterday as well, saw the 4-5 hour line that wasn't really moving, and decided to try to go back tonight (or even tomorrow if they've still got stock).

I worked for Apple for a few years, including stints at a couple stores, and I've never seen anything like this. I'm sure it's partly demand, but it's obvious that the line is moving as slow as it is because of the in-store activation. Perhaps they'll think up a better plan in time for version 3.

jeff19713
Jul 12, 2008, 02:20 PM
Any update on where the line is at Arden? I was there earlier and it was around Hot Topic..anyone know how long the wait is?

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 02:21 PM
I'm home, the 3G is currently syncing with iTunes, and all is well. Finally.

Now for the rundown of why it took 2 hours from start to finish after walking into the store.

As I mentioned last night, I used to have an HP discount through AT&T. That discount was cancelled when I bought the original iPhone on the launch day, no biggie. Apparently though, that discount, or some fragment of it, remained on my account, even though it was not effecting the dollar amount of my bills and didn't show up at all on my bills. That was the trouble last night, and due to the AT&T support lines being closed, I had to come back this morning.

So I go in today about 3 minutes after the store opens (I was in the short line with my "golden ticket"). Rebecca is the Apple employee that will be helping me. She gets all the info needed as normal, and attempts to activate my 3G phone. Error-discounted account not eligible.

She calls AT&T to fix the problem. Whoever she talks to says, no problem, and activated my new phone. Great, moving on. Rebecca attempts to complete the transaction again. Error-discounted account not eligible. Wtf.

She calls again, and this time they say they will remove the discount which apparently is still on there. She tries again. Error-discounted account not eligible.

3rd call's a charm right? They tell her I need to call AT&T or go to a store and have them remove the discount. I call 611 right there and get someone to remove the discount. She tries to complete the transaction. Error-discounted account not eligible. Awesome.

Rebecca calls AT&T to see what the heck happened. The persona she talks to says the first rep should not have activated the phone until the discount was gone, and now something is screwed up. We will need to deactivate the phone, get a new one, and start over.

So we get a new phone and she goes through 2 or 3 calls to various AT&T reps to get the other one deactivated and the new one activated. Cool, now we're good, right? Wrong.

She rings me up, and the price is the unsubsidized price. Obviously this is wrong since I'm a current iPhone user, and have been for the last year I say. She agrees, and goes to confer with the manager. She calls AT&T, talks to someone who then gives her another number to call. She calls that one, waits on hold and is disconnected. Calls back, waits, waits, waits. Finally talks to someone about my "eligibility status" and finds out that AT&T can't do anything about that even though I should be eligible.

She goes to talk to the manager again. When she returns, Rebecca tells me that since AT&T can't do anything, she's going to get a 200 dollar gift card rung up, and then use that on my purchase to offset the higher price to what it should be, and then Apple will get reimbursed by AT&T for the card later.

Finally I get run up at the correct price and my phone activation is completed within seconds on iTunes. We thanked each other for being so patient, and I was on my way.

I had nothing better to do other than post the updates and take pictures on my phone, so here's some shots from inside while I was standing around. Julianne(Who helped me last night) and Rebecca are at the bottom.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/3G/IMG_0383.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/3G/IMG_0384.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/3G/IMG_0386.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/3G/IMG_0392.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/3G/Julianne.jpg
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/3G/Rebecca.jpg

EricNau
Jul 12, 2008, 02:28 PM
Doesn't look anymore crowded than usual. :D

dragonslayer458
Jul 12, 2008, 02:32 PM
Doesn't look anymore crowded than usual. :D

thats what i thought

El Carbonite
Jul 12, 2008, 02:38 PM
I unfortunately signed up for AT&T's direct fulfillment, which means even though there might be iPhones available at the Arden Fair Apple Store - I can't back out of this. I hope they have one for me sometime this week. :(

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 02:39 PM
thats what i thought

Well, yeah, but they only let in as many people as there are employees so it's a 1:1 ratio.

El Carbonite
Jul 12, 2008, 02:41 PM
I wonder how many people are in line today at Arden Fair? It's a weekend so it's probably even worse.

dragonslayer458
Jul 12, 2008, 02:46 PM
Well, yeah, but they only let in as many people as there are employees so it's a 1:1 ratio.

well thats good. unfortunately i STILL have to wait two months for it. (yes i'm bitter about it.):(

007bond4321
Jul 12, 2008, 04:05 PM
Ditto with some of you guys. Any line status updates are greatly appreciated! Will be trying again tonight at Arden...

stockcerts
Jul 12, 2008, 05:25 PM
I bought mine at the AT&T Store in Folsom. I spent the night with a few hundred others. I didn't intend to do that, but I was talked into it. I actually had a lot of fun and I was about the 10th one in the store. Here is a link to a few of my pictures from that night.

http://gallery.me.com/mark_schwartz#100177

RodneyB
Jul 12, 2008, 05:42 PM
Ok, I'm off to Arden Fair mall to brave the lines. I don't have an iphone, so I can't update from the line :)

But I'll post when I get back.

GreenJuice
Jul 12, 2008, 05:57 PM
I got in line at about 8:30am this morning (Saturday) right at the back edge of the empty for lease space. I didn't get out of the Apple store with iphone in hand until 2pm. The line was definitely longer when I left, so I'd guess that from the back of the line you have at least a 5 hour wait, but realistically probably closer to 6+ hours.

RodneyB
Jul 12, 2008, 07:30 PM
Ok, I'm off to Arden Fair mall to brave the lines. I don't have an iphone, so I can't update from the line :)

But I'll post when I get back.

Well, I showed up about 4:30pm to happily get in the back of the line and I was *denied* by the security guard.

I guess Apple figured they wouldn't be able to serve all the customers that were in line and get them activated in time if they kept letting customers line up.

So I guess I'll try back again tomorrow morning (Sunday)

AppleIntelRock
Jul 12, 2008, 08:36 PM
Wow, reading the last couple of pages of the thread, I'm one of the lucky ones. I got to the ATT store in Capitola,CA (I was out of town) at 5AM and was out by 8:15AM. They didn't make us do the in-store activation so we were able to simply walk out with the phone (like last year) and do it at home. The Sacramento Apple store is too small for the area. It's always HUGLEY crowded as it's the only one within 1.5hrs of the entire Sacramento area. Hopefully the store opening at the Galleria@Roseville will be larger- as I'm sure they can see there is a huge market for them in the area. You guys have far more patience then I do. You STOOD in a non-moving line for 4-5 hours, all I had to do was lay on my air mattress outside the store. Looks like camping out for iPhone 3G was not only necessary (at att stores) but was also the best way to go- time wise.

LtCarter: hopefully if there is a launch next year, you'll be able to get time off and we could set up the plasma again :eek::cool: It really sucks you had to wait SO long to get your phone, was it worth it?

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 08:38 PM
Well, I showed up about 4:30pm to happily get in the back of the line and I was *denied* by the security guard.

I guess Apple figured they wouldn't be able to serve all the customers that were in line and get them activated in time if they kept letting customers line up.

So I guess I'll try back again tomorrow morning (Sunday)

Wow, thats crazy, 2 days in a row! I wonder if it'll be the same tomorrow and into next week?

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 08:47 PM
Wow, reading the last couple of pages of the thread, I'm one of the lucky ones. I got to the ATT store in Capitola,CA (I was out of town) at 5AM and was out by 8:15AM. They didn't make us do the in-store activation so we were able to simply walk out with the phone (like last year) and do it at home. The Sacramento Apple store is too small for the area. It's always HUGLEY crowded as it's the only one within 1.5hrs of the entire Sacramento area. Hopefully the store opening at the Galleria@Roseville will be larger- as I'm sure they can see there is a huge market for them in the area. You guys have far more patience then I do. You STOOD in a non-moving line for 4-5 hours, all I had to do was lay on my air mattress outside the store. Looks like camping out for iPhone 3G was not only necessary (at att stores) but was also the best way to go- time wise.

LtCarter: hopefully if there is a launch next year, you'll be able to get time off and we could set up the plasma again :eek::cool: It really sucks you had to wait SO long to get your phone, was it worth it?

It was totally worth it. I'm loving the crap out of this thing, it just feels so good and the speaker is SOOOOOOO much louder. Also today I noticed a major improvement in the camera (or at least the way the camera is handled software-wise.) I took a picture while I was in my car, and instead of the horrific 100% blur I expected, it was crystal clear, although it was quite warped. You could at least see what I was taking a picture of. I think that's a great way to do it, because even if it's distorted, at least you can still make out objects.

Next launch I'm definitely down to camp again. I missed that, even though this time wasn't all bad since I was surrounded by some pretty cool people, and the two employees that helped me out were just lovely :p

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 08:51 PM
Also today I noticed a major improvement in the camera (or at least the way the camera is handled software-wise.) I took a picture while I was in my car, and instead of the horrific 100% blur I expected, it was crystal clear, although it was quite warped. You could at least see what I was taking a picture of. I think that's a great way to do it, because even if it's distorted, at least you can still make out objects.

Here's a couple examples of what I found, the first picture is of my dashboard the way it should look. The next two are of the same thing, but I was panning the camera across it to see how it would turn out.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/warp/Warp1.JPG
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/warp/Warp2.JPG
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/12286/warp/Warp3.JPG

LtCarter47
Jul 12, 2008, 08:55 PM
I bought mine at the AT&T Store in Folsom. I spent the night with a few hundred others. I didn't intend to do that, but I was talked into it. I actually had a lot of fun and I was about the 10th one in the store. Here is a link to a few of my pictures from that night.

http://gallery.me.com/mark_schwartz#100177

Nice pics, I always forget to take my good camera with me.

007bond4321
Jul 12, 2008, 10:37 PM
Thanks for all the posts! I should've checked back here. I just called apple while on my way to sneak in before closing. I assumed there would be no line :( 4:30 eh? Demand just won't let up. Aren't the activations going better, or is there still just too much overhead besides the activation?
Will try tomorrow. AGAIN. Congrats to those who have it. I'm jealous :)

RodneyB
Jul 12, 2008, 11:10 PM
Well, according to the apple site the arden store will be stocked on Sunday, so I'll be there tomorrow morning to waste a Sunday away :)

Included the screenshot here because I hated when I woke up in the morning to check the status and they removed the status page so you couldn't see if it was available. Hopefully it helps some else.

Anybody know if the store is opening at 9am on Sunday?

GreenJuice
Jul 13, 2008, 03:48 AM
For those who are planning on going down on Sunday, I highly recommend getting there an hour before they open. That is, if you don't want to end up spending the rest of your entire weekend standing in line.

In the end, I'm really, really happy with my iphone. If I was a more patient person, I would have waited a week or two and avoided the line altogether, but alas I'm not. Standing in line wasn't as torturous as it could have been because my home a/c was broken anyway and isn't getting fixed until tomorrow, both california pizza kitchen and papa john's gave out free pizza, and some lady ahead of me in line was kind enough to give me a starbucks ice tea. :)

007bond4321
Jul 13, 2008, 06:34 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

don't know if they are opening before 10, but I'm gonna head over around 8:30am. Has the line been starting outside starbucks in the morning?

007bond4321
Jul 13, 2008, 10:16 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

in line now inside by apple. 20-30 people so far. More updates: twitter.com/007bond4321

007bond4321
Jul 13, 2008, 11:04 AM

people seem to be getting in. Apple opened early!

LtCarter47
Jul 13, 2008, 01:16 PM

people seem to be getting in. Apple opened early!

Well, based on your last twitter, it looks like you got in an now no more updates, so I'm assuming you're in the middle of activation! Let us know how it went!

007bond4321
Jul 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A345 Safari/525.20)

on my new iPhone 3g! Bought the last two black 8 gigs!!! More details coming...

lostfan916
Jul 13, 2008, 02:49 PM
Posting from an iPhone at Arden unfortunately it's not mine. The wait isn't that long it doesn't even to past PAC sun. I just don't one how much stock the have left. God this thing feels so sexy.

ETA: They're telling me limited supply of the White one.

RodneyB
Jul 13, 2008, 03:02 PM
Just got back home from Arden.

I got there at 8am and a security guard gave me number 42 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Answer_to_Life,_the_Universe,_and_Everything) (I figured that was a good sign) and I got in line. I guess they open the mall up early anyway for mallwalkers.

I was probably pretty close to you 007bond4321. What number were you?

They opened a little early (couple minutes before 9) and started letting people in.

By I think 9:30 they were all out of 16 GB Black iphones and the orange shirt people came down the line telling people they were out and that they were running low on 8GB black.

By 10:30 I was at the front of the line and I had my 16 gb white iphone and was walking out making my first call by 11:15am.

The activation process went pretty smoothly and my number ported from verizon by the time I walked out of the store. I was so excited to get mine, I forgot to stay in the store and shop for the accessories I wanted to buy :)

I took some video of the wait, and once I merge it together I'll post it on vimeo :)

cabz
Jul 13, 2008, 03:17 PM
Here's to hoping that they get another shipment Monday morning - if anyone gets an update to that extent, let us know!

007bond4321
Jul 13, 2008, 03:24 PM
Were you the guy with the small camcorder? Cool. I was the second person in line after the employee that was telling people they weren't guaranteed a phone. I'm guessing I was #50. (I had a black polo and tan shorts on)
Fortunately, I FINALLY got in, and picked up the LAST TWO black 8gb iPhones. The girl behind me, who worked at a contracted iPhone support center, wanted a white one, so I didn't feel too guilty :)
I ran into some trouble 'cause I stupidly signed up for a corporate discount through work to see if I could get anything, and I couldn't, but it still caused me trouble! Mike (the awesome employee that was helping me) was really nice and called ATT twice and finally got it resolved after about 20 minutes on the phone.
I walked out around 11:40 with my two phones! :cool:

RodneyB
Jul 13, 2008, 03:32 PM
Were you the guy with the small camcorder? Cool. I was the second person in line after the employee that was telling people they weren't guaranteed a phone.

Yeah, I had a small camcorder, long hair, tan pants and a gray shirt.

After they said the 16 gb black were running out, I got a bit worried, even though I was pretty close. The 2 guys in front of me wanted 8GB blacks, so that made me feel a bit better.

007bond4321
Jul 13, 2008, 03:52 PM
Yeah, I had a small camcorder, long hair, tan pants and a gray shirt.

After they said the 16 gb black were running out, I got a bit worried, even though I was pretty close. The 2 guys in front of me wanted 8GB blacks, so that made me feel a bit better.

Very cool. Glad I finally got the one I wanted. Can't wait 'till next year!

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 11:14 AM
Here's to hoping that they get another shipment Monday morning - if anyone gets an update to that extent, let us know!

FYI: according to apple's stock checker, Arden will only have 8gb blacks in stock today.

cabz
Jul 14, 2008, 11:44 AM
FYI: according to apple's stock checker, Arden will only have 8gb blacks in stock today.

Hmmm... when I looked last night, I swear it showed that all were unavailable. I guess I'll give them a call here in a second and see what's up.

ryohumar
Jul 14, 2008, 11:46 AM
Hey guys, to those that came to the launch at Arden, I wanted to get the contact info for both guys that ordered pizza, one was Chris, can't remember the other guy's name. Are you guys on here? I was the second in line.

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 11:47 AM
Hmmm... when I looked last night, I swear it showed that all were unavailable. I guess I'll give them a call here in a second and see what's up.

My memory isn't that great, but I swear ;) I checked this morning before they took it down. Good luck!

Brandon Abell
Jul 14, 2008, 12:11 PM

Please let us know what you find out. . . I saw them as being out of stock last night too, but the girl monitoring the line at Arden Fair yesterday morning suggested they'd get a shipment of indeterminate quantity today.

cabz
Jul 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Their phone has been busy since 10am - anyone else have an update?

cabz
Jul 14, 2008, 01:32 PM
The Apple Store's phone is still busy - if any of you happens to head over to check it out, please let us know if they have iPhones in-stock and how the line is looking.

bradl
Jul 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
The Apple Store's phone is still busy - if any of you happens to head over to check it out, please let us know if they have iPhones in-stock and how the line is looking.

I'm back in town (Oklahoma City couldn't pull up my account; different market), so I'll head over there in about 45 minutes and see what they have.

BL.

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm back in town (Oklahoma City couldn't pull up my account; different market), so I'll head over there in about 45 minutes and see what they have.

BL.

sweet. any update on availability of the new 3G dock would also be greatly appreciated.

cabz
Jul 14, 2008, 03:28 PM
Given that the Arden Apple Store's phone has been busy since 10am, I'm beginning to think that they just took it off the hook.

starbot007
Jul 14, 2008, 03:29 PM
For anyone who went to the Arden Apple Store today, how were the lines? And was anyone able to find out about their shipments? The lady who answered my call said that they might receive a shipment today and that I should just keep checking the availability on their site (which says none available).

cabz
Jul 14, 2008, 03:38 PM
For anyone who went to the Arden Apple Store today, how were the lines? And was anyone able to find out about their shipments? The lady who answered my call said that they might receive a shipment today and that I should just keep checking the availability on their site (which says none available).

They were a little more helpful when I finally got through on the phone. Line is past JC Penny right now, according to the guy who took my call, and he wasn't confident that they had enough iPhones for everyone currently in line. As far as future shipments, he said they don't expect them every day, but are hoping to get iPhone shipments at least every other day.

After reading a bunch about all of the '30 minute waits' and '26 person lines' in other cities lucky enough to have more than one Apple store I'm really hoping they get their **** together here in Sacramento and open another store or two.

starbot007
Jul 14, 2008, 03:50 PM
Well, I guess the line has *kind of* improved. After all, on the first day it hit Macy's, then started doubling back on the other side.

So does Apple open at 10am? Or when do people start going to Arden and getting in line?

bradl
Jul 14, 2008, 04:09 PM
Well, I guess the line has *kind of* improved. After all, on the first day it hit Macy's, then started doubling back on the other side.

So does Apple open at 10am? Or when do people start going to Arden and getting in line?

I just came back from there. They actually have 2 lines. One is for the new people wanting to look at/buy the phone, the other for people coming back for activation/appointments/etc. The new people line was about 125 deep (this at 1pm), and the rep there couldn't say how many they had in stock (since he was outside, my bet was on he didn't know since he couldn't check). They were around 15 or so customers in the store, and they were gauging at about an hour in and out. They were letting those in line in a 'one in, one out' fashion. So you're looking at at least 5 - 6 hours in line if you're committed to staying in line. Otherwise, take your chances early in the morning, or calling the ATT stores to see when they are getting their shipments in, and how many of which.

BL.

Brandon Abell
Jul 14, 2008, 04:09 PM
Anybody know if the AT&T stores are still out around here?

bradl
Jul 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
Anybody know if the AT&T stores are still out around here?

Fair Oaks & Howe are out. Haven't tried Citrus Heights or Folsom. Natomas is out. Last I heard, Roseville (Galleria) was out. Not sure about on Douglas.

May want to give Davis a call.

BL.

starbot007
Jul 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
Fair Oaks & Howe are out. Haven't tried Citrus Heights or Folsom. Natomas is out. Last I heard, Roseville (Galleria) was out. Not sure about on Douglas.

BL.

Skip Davis until next week. The lady there said that they won't be receiving more phones until the direct fulfillment ones are finished (7-10 days).

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 04:19 PM

BL.

What I heard at Douglas yesterday is that Tuesday seems to be the *possible* shipment date for some new phones. I think that's the case for many ATT stores. Do we need another Apple store at the Galleria or WHAT?!?!?!

angemon89
Jul 14, 2008, 04:21 PM
Do we need another Apple store at the Galleria or WHAT?!?!?! Yeah, that would be nice. Sacramento is a pretty big metropolitan area, I think we deserve 2 Apple stores!

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 04:27 PM
Yeah, that would be nice. Sacramento is a pretty big metropolitan area, I think we deserve 2 Apple stores!

From http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/chronology.html:
"Galleria at Roseville - Roseville (N. Caliif.) - A Westfield-operated mall northeast of Sacramento with 187 stores. The company is adding about 487,000 s.f. to the existing 1.1 million s.f., including three parking garages, a multi-screen cinema and from 80 to 100 new retailers. In late May the developer handed out a list of the first five tenants, and Apple was listed among them. Expansion opens in Fall 2008."

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LtCarter47
Jul 14, 2008, 04:29 PM
From http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/chronology.html:
"Galleria at Roseville - Roseville (N. Caliif.) - A Westfield-operated mall northeast of Sacramento with 187 stores. The company is adding about 487,000 s.f. to the existing 1.1 million s.f., including three parking garages, a multi-screen cinema and from 80 to 100 new retailers. In late May the developer handed out a list of the first five tenants, and Apple was listed among them. Expansion opens in Fall 2008."

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Beat me to it ;)

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 04:32 PM
Beat me to it ;)

hehe.

O Google how I love thee...

starbot007
Jul 14, 2008, 04:43 PM
Another Apple store would definitely be nice, especially since the Arden one is rather small.

Btw, when people go to Arden in the morning, what time do the doors open so you don't have to wait outside? I want to try the Apple store sometime this week, since as bradl mentioned, morning is probably the way to go...

007bond4321
Jul 14, 2008, 04:49 PM
Another Apple store would definitely be nice, especially since the Arden one is rather small.

Btw, when people go to Arden in the morning, what time do the doors open so you don't have to wait outside? I want to try the Apple store sometime this week, since as bradl mentioned, morning is probably the way to go...

When I got mine on Sunday, I was hearing that people got inside the mall at 8, but I wasn't there 'till 8:20 so I don't know for sure. Apple started selling phones an hour ahead of time at 9ish. I'd get there at LEAST an hour and a half before apple opens, regardless.

cabz
Jul 15, 2008, 12:57 PM
When I got mine on Sunday, I was hearing that people got inside the mall at 8, but I wasn't there 'till 8:20 so I don't know for sure. Apple started selling phones an hour ahead of time at 9ish. I'd get there at LEAST an hour and a half before apple opens, regardless.

Unfortunately, that now means you're waiting in line just to take a gamble that they get a shipment in before they open. I guess I'll be waiting a few days until this settles down.

bradl
Jul 15, 2008, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately, that now means you're waiting in line just to take a gamble that they get a shipment in before they open. I guess I'll be waiting a few days until this settles down.

This is what I am doing. There's too much demand for it right now, and with lines being down past AeroPostale this morning, I'd rather wait, or find some far off ATT store and handle everything there (which I'm doing anyway).

BL.

cabz
Jul 15, 2008, 04:21 PM
This is what I am doing. There's too much demand for it right now, and with lines being down past AeroPostale this morning, I'd rather wait, or find some far off ATT store and handle everything there (which I'm doing anyway).

BL.

If you come up with any information about how often and/or when the ATT stores are getting shipments let us know. I drove by one of the stores in the area a bit before 9am this morning and they had a sign up stating something to the effect of 'no iPhones available'.

foolio
Jul 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
If you come up with any information about how often and/or when the ATT stores are getting shipments let us know. I drove by one of the stores in the area a bit before 9am this morning and they had a sign up stating something to the effect of 'no iPhones available'.

I stopped by the mall during lunch today (1:30) - the line was down to JC Penny. I called the store and the guy said they had 8 gigs and 16 gig white in stock but could not/did not want to confirm whether they had enough for the people in line.

This Morning, I actually stopped by before work at 8 AM. There was only 3 people in line - but that was because there was a big sign out that said "NO IPHONE 3G IN STOCK". I'm curious when they receive shipments and what happens to the people in line when the store opens and there are no iphones? do you those people just stay in line waiting and hoping that the store receives a shipment?

Incidentally, that online stock checker program is pretty useless. Checked last night: no stock - which is true, AM = no stock. But it doens't account for shipment during the day and during the day, the stock checker doesn't work.

I think I might test out the line tomorrow at 8 am and see what they tell me when the store opens. Don't have to work until the afternoon tomorrow. Just my luck though, the shipment probably won't come in until 1 pm or no shipment tomorrow!

lostfan916
Jul 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
Incidentally, that online stock checker program is pretty useless. Checked last night: no stock - which is true, AM = no stock. But it doens't account for shipment during the day and during the day, the stock checker doesn't work.

I think I might test out the line tomorrow at 8 am and see what they tell me when the store opens. Don't have to work until the afternoon tomorrow. Just my luck though, the shipment probably won't come in until 1 pm or no shipment tomorrow!
If you just change your time in Sys Prefs to some hours after 9 then the site will load with the availability. When I checked earlier (and now) it said that it had the 8GB and the White. The only problem is I don't know when the last update was so it's possible they could have more/sold out by now.

foolio
Jul 16, 2008, 12:10 PM
Update: Went this morning at 8 AM - only 6 people in line. Apple worker comes out and tells everyone limited supply of 16 gig black but should have enough 8gig and 16white for everyone. They opened 1 hour early at 9 AM (nice of them!) - Everything went very smoothly. Purchased and activated by 9:25 AM. I was very happy with the experience. Very painless!

BTW - the availability website at 8 AM said Arden was completely out of stock which was obviously not true.

When I left, there were about 20 people in line.

dragonslayer458
Jul 16, 2008, 01:07 PM
Update: Went this morning at 8 AM - only 6 people in line. Apple worker comes out and tells everyone limited supply of 16 gig black but should have enough 8gig and 16white for everyone. They opened 1 hour early at 9 AM (nice of them!) - Everything went very smoothly. Purchased and activated by 9:25 AM. I was very happy with the experience. Very painless!

BTW - the availability website at 8 AM said Arden was completely out of stock which was obviously not true.

When I left, there were about 20 people in line.

thanks, good to know. i've finally gotten at&t to talk to me about giving me my upgrade early. so here's to hoping....

dragonslayer458
Jul 16, 2008, 01:54 PM
just got off the phone with a customer service person at cingular. I was trying to get my upgrade early (because I thought I could get the subsidized pricing $199/299) The woman on the phone told me that because I was a current customer I could only get the $399/499 pricing, (which i had already saved for the original iphone). In any case they moved my upgrade by two months. So now i'm feeling kinda shafted because i had thought i was gonna be able to get the cheaper price.. oh well, apple store here i come!

...and now that i look at the iphone section on at&t it says : "If you are upgrade eligible and your account is in good standing, you will pay $199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white)." So what gives?

bradl
Jul 16, 2008, 04:46 PM
just got off the phone with a customer service person at cingular. I was trying to get my upgrade early (because I thought I could get the subsidized pricing $199/299) The woman on the phone told me that because I was a current customer I could only get the $399/499 pricing, (which i had already saved for the original iphone). In any case they moved my upgrade by two months. So now i'm feeling kinda shafted because i had thought i was gonna be able to get the cheaper price.. oh well, apple store here i come!

...and now that i look at the iphone section on at&t it says : "If you are upgrade eligible and your account is in good standing, you will pay $199 for 8GB (black) and $299 for 16GB (black or white)." So what gives?

Answer a question with a question.

Are you upgrade eligible? Does it say in your device features in your online account that your device is eligible for upgrade? If it doesn't, you're not upgrade eligible. Also, according to what you mentioned previously, they moved your upgrade month up by two months. That makes me believe that you are not upgrade eligible.

BL.

dragonslayer458
Jul 16, 2008, 04:56 PM
Answer a question with a question.

Are you upgrade eligible? Does it say in your device features in your online account that your device is eligible for upgrade? If it doesn't, you're not upgrade eligible. Also, according to what you mentioned previously, they moved your upgrade month up by two months. That makes me believe that you are not upgrade eligible.

BL.

i just checked. it seems as though they were just leading me on... it doesnt say that i'm eligible, it still says not untill 9/9/08 although they did say they put a note on my account that i could get it. maybe i'll go into the apple store and just say that i'm eligable and let them sort it out. :)

cabz
Jul 16, 2008, 06:41 PM
Anyone brave the lines this afternoon and have a report on whether or not the apple store has phones and how long the line is currently?

dragonslayer458
Jul 17, 2008, 03:53 PM
how is the store gonna look on tuesday next week? any lines expected?

cabz
Jul 17, 2008, 04:24 PM
how is the store gonna look on tuesday next week? any lines expected?

Probably. It sounds like the best bet is, assuming they have them in-stock, to show up early a about 8-8:30 and just wait for them to open. Right now, they've got the 8gb and 16gb black in-stock, but I have no idea what the line is like.

dragonslayer458
Jul 17, 2008, 04:27 PM
Probably. It sounds like the best bet is, assuming they have them in-stock, to show up early a about 8-8:30 and just wait for them to open. Right now, they've got the 8gb and 16gb black in-stock, but I have no idea what the line is like.

...and the one i want is the white one. so i'm kinda stuck. i'm gonna wait untill next week sometime. i noticed the store changed its stock online overnight. last night they were sold out, and this morning they have the black models... so it looks like things can change overnight

bradl
Jul 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
...and the one i want is the white one. so i'm kinda stuck. i'm gonna wait untill next week sometime. i noticed the store changed its stock online overnight. last night they were sold out, and this morning they have the black models... so it looks like things can change overnight

I'm thinking of getting the white one as well. But we may be in better luck. At least over at ATT, they can't keep the black ones in their warehouses at all. that's the one that is on 21 - 24 days back order now. The white ones they can still get in about 4 - 7 days.

I'd assume the same thing at the Apple store. Everyone's going for the black iPhones that they aren't even looking at the white one. So chances are they'd have more of the White phone in stock than either of the black phones...

BL.

stockcerts
Jul 17, 2008, 10:28 PM
I got the white one at the Folsom AT&T store, and I'm glad I did!

dragonslayer458
Jul 17, 2008, 11:04 PM
I got the white one at the Folsom AT&T store, and I'm glad I did!

since when did at&t stores get more in? maybe i'm missing something...

stockcerts
Jul 17, 2008, 11:51 PM
I got it the first day.

cabz
Jul 18, 2008, 12:39 AM
I got it the first day.

To each their own... I'm glad I didn't camp out for a phone.

jeff19713
Jul 18, 2008, 01:03 AM
Just an FYI for people who are wondering about the line lately at Arden....I showed up today just before 6pm and was surprised to only see about 20 people in line, about an hour wait for me..and walk out with a 16 Black..

stockcerts
Jul 18, 2008, 06:38 AM
I'm glad I did put out the effort on the first day, especially since I've seen how difficult it is to now get an IPhone. I hope Apple is able to stock up so everyone who wants one, doesn't have to wait much longer.

dragonslayer458
Jul 22, 2008, 12:38 AM
How is everyones 3g reception going? more towards the roseville area.. I just ordered my iphone at the at&t next to the galleria and i'm wondering how its going for everyone

starbot007
Jul 22, 2008, 08:03 PM
Mine's decent, but terrible to none at home. I don't think I've seen my phone with full bars in 3G since I got it though...

Sacramento and Carmichael areas.

heathertr0n
Jul 25, 2008, 03:15 PM
I was the 3rd person in the store with those tickets on Saturday the 12th, and ever since I got my phone it was unbelievably buggy and I couldn't get calls anywhere. AT&T and Apple Care told me it was probably the internal antenna :/ so I went back to the Apple store last Monday, and there was STILL a line of about 40 people. Luckily I got a replacement phone.

Has anyone else noticed a little bump in the plastic on the backs of the phones? Both phones I had, have one.

dragonslayer458
Jul 25, 2008, 04:06 PM
I just checked my iPhone, (while posting this) I don't have the 'bump' as described.

swinneyn
Jun 18, 2009, 02:28 PM
Anyone planning on lining up at Arden this year?

jwandro
Jun 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'll be there hopefully around 6:00 or 6:30am. I wonder if Arden Fair doors will be open that early so we can line up in front of the Apple store?

macnerd77
Jun 18, 2009, 06:25 PM
will be at the arden store later on. been at all the launches so far and i will be there for this one.

SacKingJD
Jun 18, 2009, 07:51 PM
There isn't an apple store in the galleria but there is an at&t store that will be selling them. I'm planning on going to the at&t store. I don't think there will be too many people here waiting in line. but we shall see.

I was just at the store in Roseville today! They have a ton of iPhone 3G S. I asked them how many they had and they said, "We are Apple"!

PharmD
Jun 18, 2009, 08:01 PM
I'll be at the Best Buy across the street from the Galleria. I have an appointment.

ryohumar
Jun 18, 2009, 09:29 PM
I'll be there again this year, was second in line last year, but it appears Arden isn't allowing people to line up until 9PM this time around.

Wolo
Jun 18, 2009, 09:32 PM
I'll be at Arden for the launch.

I just hope its not going to take getting there at 9pm. Yikes.

Wolo
Jun 19, 2009, 12:15 AM
Anyone getting in line yet?

jwandro
Jun 19, 2009, 07:12 AM
Heading out in about 10 minutes. Will be at Arden fair at about 6:15am.

jwandro
Jun 19, 2009, 01:18 PM
Got to the store at about 615am. Two lines maybe 50 people in each. They started letting people through the door at 6:15am Got my 2 Iphones (One for me and one for my wife) activated and out the door by 7:30am.

They are beautiful!

Wolo
Jun 19, 2009, 02:11 PM
That was a painless experience. Less than 2 hours from getting in line to getting home.

Nice job to everyone involved.

TehBest
Jun 20, 2009, 07:00 PM
Hey all, I swung by apple store arden fair today to check out the 3GS, here is what lines were looking like as of 3:00 today!

angemon89
Jun 21, 2009, 12:27 PM
Lol, I was in line right behind the guy wearing the smoking t-shirt, until I realized that the line was for people wanting to buy the iPhone. I just wanted to test it out so I asked the orange shirt, and I was let in. :D

TehBest
Jun 21, 2009, 02:05 PM
haha thats crazy that youd be in line when i took these pics. I just swung by to say hi to ppl there. I used to work in that store.

CarlyLyon
Jul 2, 2009, 10:06 PM
arden fair wasnt too bad have the 3gs now its AWESOME