PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta, GA

Pages : [1] 2 3

Detlev_73
Jun 14, 2008, 07:26 PM
I'm off from work on the 11-Jul-08 for doctors' appointments and the launch of the iPhone. Closest store to me is Northpoint Mall in Alpharetta, GA

lukenorris
Jun 14, 2008, 09:00 PM
Thought you could only buy the phone activated. So you can only buy it at ATT stores?

Detlev_73
Jun 14, 2008, 09:10 PM
Actually, I've been thinking about this for about a day. You can buy the 3G iPhone at the Apple Store; the prices are $199 and $299 for 8GB and 16GB respectively. If you take the phone to be activated to the AT&T store, they couldn't really say, "Oh, so you owe us an extra $300 for this iPhone because your 2G iPhone contract is only 1 year old, sorry!", because you already bought it at the Apple store. How could they legally do that? :eek:

I honestly feel that Apple and AT&T is analyzing the reaction and the questions that are asked between the announcement and the release to see what all they can get away with, in conspiracy theory.

Thought you could only buy the phone activated. So you can only buy it at ATT stores?

twoodcc
Jun 14, 2008, 10:12 PM
the closest apple store to me is Buford (mall of ga)

but i might go to an att store instead

MHenigan50
Jun 15, 2008, 07:00 AM
Well we are ready for the launch, I am upgrading from the first iPhone (which I sold for $350) and my partner is talking of getting one hopefully as well.

We did the first launch at the AT&T store in Atlantic Station and it was a nice small crowd and we were only 11 and 12 back when we got there at 12:45pm. It was fun, but we really missed the atmosphere that you get at an Apple Store. We have done several other launches at Lenox and it is a total blast.

So we are trying to decide where we are going, the other thing going for the Apple Store at Lenox is that it IS indoors so the heat won't be doing us in, so we may just go there seeing this launch is in the middle of the Summer...hmmm HOT and sticky over cool and comfortable, crowds vs low key....tough choices :)

Mike

ChrisAtlanta
Jun 15, 2008, 10:16 AM
So we are trying to decide where we are going, the other thing going for the Apple Store at Lenox is that it IS indoors so the heat won't be doing us in, so we may just go there seeing this launch is in the middle of the Summer...hmmm HOT and sticky over cool and comfortable, crowds vs low key....tough choices :)

I'm taking the 11th off as well... for the first iPhone, I waited at the AT&T store across Lenox Road from the mall. There was a good crowd, and it was fun, but it was HOT AS HELL and I ended up with a sunburn. I'm considering the Lenox Apple store this time, since it'll be air conditioned :)

I'm trying to get a group of friends together to go wherever. I forgot about the Atlantic Station AT&T store, that's pretty close to home for me .

I'm up for either one, wherever there's going to be a fun crowd :)

ugadawg94
Jun 15, 2008, 04:50 PM
I live about 25 miles for Mall or Georgia so, I think I'm going to take my chances at one of the ATT stores down the road. I think if they are out or super crowded I'll hit the next one down the block. Hopefully I can find one without too much of a line.

doctapeppa
Jun 15, 2008, 06:15 PM
Do we know if this is going to be a midnight release or if they will start to sell them at store opening time, or what?

ugadawg94
Jun 15, 2008, 10:12 PM
Do we know if this is going to be a midnight release or if they will start to sell them at store opening time, or what?

Didn't they do a 6pm EST release last year?

maverickem09
Jun 15, 2008, 10:34 PM
So what time do you think someone should get to an Apple store versus an AT&T store? And, honestly, I just want to ensure that I get an iPhone. Did they run out at any of the stores (AT&T or Apple) last launch?

And commenting on the whole activating the iPhone activation theories, I think that they'll have an AT&T representative at the store to activate it and such. At least that would be the smart thing to do for the launch.

reguy3
Jun 16, 2008, 04:38 AM
I was in NJ for the last launch and while it was fun, I got there at 1AM and I was still 10th in line. I live about 5 blocks from Atlantic Station, so even though the atmosphere may not be as cool, I think it would just be easier and I'd get to be up at the front. If there's a 10AM launch, I'll be there from 8PM the night before, but if it's a 6PM launch, I may just wait until midnight to go. On that note though, are there any restrooms available for people to use overnight?

Any thoughts on not wanting to deal with the crowds of an Apple Store? And how were people last time about hold places for people while they go to get food or use the restroom? In NJ, I was really surprised when some people got very annoyed when my friend who was in line with me left to use the restroom and came back. They tried getting the mall security involved, who basically told them that everyone has the right to pee, haha.

ugadawg94
Jun 16, 2008, 06:45 AM
Do you think that some of the more Rural ATT stores are getting the iPhone. Because my game plan is to hit the ATT stores (I have like 20 in a 15 miles radius). So I figure is some Poduck ATT store and try my luck.

jwc5009
Jun 16, 2008, 07:06 AM
I live in the kennesaw/acworth area and the att store over on north cobb pkwy in acworth was not crowed at all. maybe about twenty-five people tops. after about 30 mins or so you could just walk in and get one. There are quite a few att stores in the area.

maverickem09
Jun 16, 2008, 11:55 AM
None of the AT&T authrozed retail stores will have iPhones. Actually, I don't even think that they have the old ones either, but only the AT&T stores (the ones that AT&T actually start up) will have the iPhone.

Anyways, you can go on Apple's website and search through the iPhone3G links and click on the one that says "Where can I by an iPhone?" and follow it from there.

ugadawg94
Jun 16, 2008, 10:35 PM
Talked to my local ATT Store. They couldn't or wouldn't say much, other than they got in 30 iPhones last year. He did say that about 3 days before they would find out more info about times and how many they are getting in.

Jeff42037
Jun 16, 2008, 11:33 PM
Yea Im Going to the Apple Store at the Mall of Georgia...

maverickem09
Jun 16, 2008, 11:37 PM
I just found out that I might not be able to buy a subsidized iPhone. Make sure you guys check out the literature on the sidebar of the main page (it's under iPhone activation or a similar title I believe). I have to check and see how much my plan is currently... If I'm not gonna be able to get one until like next year I'll be pissed... But I'm probably going to go to the Apple store in the MOG as well.

doctapeppa
Jun 16, 2008, 11:45 PM
I just found out that I might not be able to buy a subsidized iPhone. Make sure you guys check out the literature on the sidebar of the main page (it's under iPhone activation or a similar title I believe). I have to check and see how much my plan is currently... If I'm not gonna be able to get one until like next year I'll be pissed... But I'm probably going to go to the Apple store in the MOG as well.

Can you explain to us why you might not be able to buy one? Thanks

maverickem09
Jun 16, 2008, 11:57 PM
Well I would be able to buy an iPhone, but it wouldn't be $199, It'd probably be around $400. It comes down to whether or not my AT&T plan is under or over $99, and if i've had it for long enough... I know that I upgraded at the end of last summer, so I'll have to wait at least a month or two :(. Just look up that activation article that's on this site and it'll tell you pretty much everything that I know about it.

ChrisAtlanta
Jun 17, 2008, 07:33 AM
Talked to my local ATT Store. They couldn't or wouldn't say much, other than they got in 30 iPhones last year. He did say that about 3 days before they would find out more info about times and how many they are getting in.

I read somewhere that AT&T corporate store allocation would be based upon their average sales volumes... so the busier, higher-profile stores will most likely be getting a lot more iPhones than smaller, suburban stores.

ChrisAtlanta
Jun 17, 2008, 07:34 AM
Well I would be able to buy an iPhone, but it wouldn't be $199, It'd probably be around $400. It comes down to whether or not my AT&T plan is under or over $99, and if i've had it for long enough... I know that I upgraded at the end of last summer, so I'll have to wait at least a month or two :(. Just look up that activation article that's on this site and it'll tell you pretty much everything that I know about it.

Add a bunch of services this month, then turn them all back off after you get the iPhone :)

phr34k
Jun 17, 2008, 08:10 AM

Think maybe you should just hang tight til closer to the release date before you start to worry about it. I really dont think At&t is going to screw its current users like that. My friend @ the at&t store @ MoG says that theyre probably going to allow anyone who wants the thing to get one. I was also told that they will actually have the phones in house 3 days before launch.

ugadawg94
Jun 18, 2008, 11:44 AM
Which version are you going after. I'm thinking 16GB Black one, but need to see how the white one looks, my wife may end up with that one.

maverickem09
Jun 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
Think maybe you should just hang tight til closer to the release date before you start to worry about it. I really dont think At&t is going to screw its current users like that. My friend @ the at&t store @ MoG says that theyre probably going to allow anyone who wants the thing to get one. I was also told that they will actually have the phones in house 3 days before launch.

That's definitely good news, and it makes since for them not to be douche bags about it :D. I talked to a customer service person on the phone and they said that I could more than likely get a 'secured upgrade' to the new iPhone when it launches, so I think that is settled, hopefully. And if all goes well maybe we'll get to see a preview of the new iPhones too. :)

maverickem09
Jun 18, 2008, 12:22 PM
Which version are you going after. I'm thinking 16GB Black one, but need to see how the white one looks, my wife may end up with that one.

I'm thinking the white one will look kind of, well, female, as the white versions of most phones turn out to be, which is perfect for the wife. I'm thinking the black 8G will be my choice (I'm not really gonna put much music on it).

ugadawg94
Jun 18, 2008, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking the white one will look kind of, well, female, as the white versions of most phones turn out to be, which is perfect for the wife. I'm thinking the black 8G will be my choice (I'm not really gonna put much music on it).

I'm going 16GB only because I know there will be some Apps that I would want that get chunky. I figure I would have about 4gb music, 8 in videos/movies/tv shows at any given time and then the rest for apps.

I wonder how much of the 16GB we actually get (14.5gb??)

NewtypeCJ
Jun 18, 2008, 05:14 PM
I'm gonna be at the Lenox Apple Store. Kickin' it 2007 style with my OG iPhone 8GB. Dunno if I'm going to bother going early though. Maybe an hour or two. Hm.

helloadam
Jun 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
Well me and my father are going to the AT&T store on Old Milton if anyone else is going there. I think my dad is gonna get the black 16gb and i'm leaning towards the white one, it looks clean to me.

maverickem09
Jun 20, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'd say around 14 is a fair guess. 15G at the absolute most and perhaps 13G if Apple rushes (I'm not sure why they would rush...) and doesn't fit everything in as efficiently as they could. How much does the iPhone now have after the OS is installed? Or the 8G and 16G iPod Touch?

TheFam
Jun 22, 2008, 07:20 PM
I have two choices, either the Apple Store at Perimeter Mall, or the Apple Store at Lenox Mall.....And i'm leaning towards either the 8gb black one, but if funds allow, I really want the 16gb white one. It'll be different (cause most people are getting the black one), and I need the extra space for my movies and apps.

maverickem09
Jun 22, 2008, 07:50 PM
I've got two choices as well.. AT&T store in Gainesville or the Apple Store in the Mall of Georgia. Probably going to go to the AT&T store. And hopefully the 8G will hold enough for my needs.

MacPM8
Jun 22, 2008, 10:56 PM
I have two choices, either the Apple Store at Perimeter Mall, or the Apple Store at Lenox Mall.....And i'm leaning towards either the 8gb black one, but if funds allow, I really want the 16gb white one. It'll be different (cause most people are getting the black one), and I need the extra space for my movies and apps.

Which mall is better? Im currently visiting Atlanta and am trying to find stuff to do here. Thanks !

wheatie
Jun 24, 2008, 12:04 PM
Which mall is better? Im currently visiting Atlanta and am trying to find stuff to do here. Thanks !

The Lenox Mall is more upscale with a larger Apple Store and fancier shops, designers, etc but, the Perimeter Mall has a better food court and is a larger mall overall. Both are good though.

Atlanta is a great town with a lot to do, so hopefully you won't spend so much time in the mall. Check out the new Aquarium and the Zoo both are great tourist attractions.

On Apple iPhone front, I really want the iPhone 3G I waited on the first iPhone and will now be selling my 16 GB iPod Touch. I'll be going with the black 16GB iPhone 3G for sure. I don't know where I'll get it though. Maybe Perimeter or Lenox Mall areas or maybe an AT&T store. A lot depends on what the activation process will be. I'm a bit concerned about this. I don't want to wait forever in line and don't want some hurried AT&T rep who knows nothing handling and unboxing my new iPhone in a hurry.

I hope they'll have a process where you can go online or to a store prior to the July 11th launch and sign up for a contract for the iPhone and then you'll just be able to walk in buy it and leave without them opening the iPhone as they'll verify you have a valid contract.

I have no problem signing on with AT&T I just don't want to deal with a huge line with in store activation, activation snafus, and careless unboxing in the store.

Apple, I hope you come through and make the best of this new process. If it looks like it will be chaos I may wait and not go on release day. Although it will be hard to fight this urge and the fear it will sell out in Atlanta area on Friday.

Anyone have any thoughts or inside information on the activation process and the prospect of a sellout on Friday?

maverickem09
Jun 30, 2008, 07:54 PM
I went and talked to the local AT&T reps and all they could give me were facts based on the last launch. Basically what we all already know: last time they closed the store down about an hour early, then launched the iPhone at 6:00, they didn't sell out of the old ones, and they don't really have much information about the activation stuff, and probably won't have any info until the day before or even the day-of. Kinda sucks.

ugadawg94
Jul 1, 2008, 02:26 PM
Now that they have released the opening time and pricing, its time to find a place to camp out. At least it will be cool in the AM.

TheFam
Jul 2, 2008, 01:37 PM
I was considering going to the Apple Stores at either Perimeter or Lenox mall, but now I believe i'm just going to chill at one of the many AT&T stores closer to my home. Lenox and Perimeter Mall are both about 35 minutes away from me, and since the launch is Friday at 8am, I would have to fight the NOTORIOUS Atlanta morning commuter traffic coming to and leaving the mall.

So i'm more than likely gonna just go to the AT&T store at Stonecrest Mall, since I can get there by using regular streets, therefore avoiding the traffic.

phr34k
Jul 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
Gonna hit the At&t store @ the MoG....when i go depends on when my buddy is working..LOL

doctapeppa
Jul 2, 2008, 11:50 PM
I was thinking of going to the ATT store in Morrow, GA close to the Southlake mall. It's a nice area with very little traffic and there probably won't be a line of people waiting there. However, I enjoy the whole "wait in line for release" thing. I think I would rather go somewhere where there are other people planning on camping out. Meeting other people with similar interests is fun. Is anyone else planning camping out for a while somewhere trying to be the first in line?

Edit: Heh, I just ran across this video of the release day for Iphone at Lenox Mall. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_bJK5GwrXM

jaw3net
Jul 3, 2008, 08:50 AM
I was thinking about going to the Lenox Mall Apple store, but I know it will be insane there and I don't really care about being around a bunch of enthusiasts. I just want to be able to buy the phone and any additional accessories I may want and get the hell outta there so I can start playing with the phone ASAP.

I'll likely end up at a local at&t store. I doubt that I'll go directly at 8a, but I may lose out on getting the phone I want (16gb black) if I go later, so waking up early may be my only option. Hopefully it will rain in the A.M. I'd rather stand in the rain than stand in the hot sun.

Last year I had someone stand in line for me at an at&t store. They were 2nd in line and the buying process was seamless. Sadly, I don't think that will be the case this time around. If only Apple would allow folks to activate their phone via iTunes.

maverickem09
Jul 4, 2008, 12:28 AM
Is anyone else planning camping out for a while somewhere trying to be the first in line?

Edit: Heh, I just ran across this video of the release day for Iphone at Lenox Mall. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_bJK5GwrXM

I would, but since I'm using my dad's upgrade I have to make it convenient for him. So, AT&T store on Jesse Jewel Parkway in G-ville is my destination.
Anyone else going to be there?

That video what pretty awesome. How many people would you say were in that line? 100? 150?

jaw3net
Jul 4, 2008, 07:58 PM
How many people would you say were in that line? 100? 150?

I actually stopped by the mall for lunch that day around 2 and there had to be at least 300 people waiting on line. I wonder if it will be the same for the iPhone 3G. The good thing is that it's being released at 8a. Let's just hope they don't run out at like 10a.

maverickem09
Jul 6, 2008, 04:53 PM
Seriously. I'm just hoping the store I'm going to gets shipped more than like 10 phones. Seeing as it's not necessarily the most prominent store I don't know how many they'll have in stock... :confused:

But I'm definitely happy they decided to release at 8 in the morning rahter than in the evening.

MHenigan50
Jul 7, 2008, 11:44 AM
Well 4 days to go and there is still news being released from various rumor sources...so time will tell what is true or not :)

I think we will be going over to Lenox for the Launch...seeing the Mall doesn't open until 7am, we will get there shortly before 7 and make the mad dash to the Apple Store and take our place in the line.

I believe that I am getting the 16gig Black model while my partner is getting the white one, this way we do NOT have the same issues we had when we both had the same colored Razor's LOL!

maverickem09
Jul 7, 2008, 10:39 PM
I think we will be going over to Lenox for the Launch...seeing the Mall doesn't open until 7am, we will get there shortly before 7 and make the mad dash to the Apple Store and take our place in the line.

I would see if you could get there earlier than that... Go to youtube.com and search for the 'documentary' that one guy did when he went to the first iPhone launch... Basically they showed up a little before 7 and there were already a ton of people in line (granted they did end up getting iPhones...) Anyways just look up iPhone launch Lenox Mall and it should come up.

doctapeppa
Jul 8, 2008, 01:28 AM
Does anyone know if the Lenox Mall is going to have a special area for people to wait at? I would imagine people are going to try and arrive much, much before 8am. (I have a friend that's going at 8 pm the night before and I just may join him); the mall though, is closed at night and doesn't usually open their doors until 0700. Will there be a line outside of the mall or will they have the mall open for people to wait inside. What will it take to be first in line, or at least one of the first few?

Last year at 7 am there was already a line and launch was not until 6 pm. Does that mean there will already be a line starting from the night before? Has anyone spoken with the apple store about launch day?

MHenigan50
Jul 8, 2008, 05:22 PM
Does anyone know if the Lenox Mall is going to have a special area for people to wait at? I would imagine people are going to try and arrive much, much before 8am. (I have a friend that's going at 8 pm the night before and I just may join him); the mall though, is closed at night and doesn't usually open their doors until 0700. Will there be a line outside of the mall or will they have the mall open for people to wait inside. What will it take to be first in line, or at least one of the first few?

Last year at 7 am there was already a line and launch was not until 6 pm. Does that mean there will already be a line starting from the night before? Has anyone spoken with the apple store about launch day?

I just called the Apple Store and they told me the usual, the mall opens at 7am, with the store opening at 8am. She said there is no special waiting area.

I imagine that people will camp out at the 2 closest entrances to the mall and make a mad dash once the doors open at 7. That being said, I recall being there for the Lenox Apple Store opening and we got there like at 615am and we walked into the food court and up to the store and sat there and waited, we were the 2nd and 3rd people in that line :)

I figure we plan to arrive no later then 630am and stack out a spot in whatever line there is at the outside door and wait with everyone else.

:cool: :apple: :cool:

jbellanca
Jul 9, 2008, 12:31 AM
Well we are ready for the launch, I am upgrading from the first iPhone (which I sold for $350) and my partner is talking of getting one hopefully as well.

We did the first launch at the AT&T store in Atlantic Station and it was a nice small crowd and we were only 11 and 12 back when we got there at 12:45pm. It was fun, but we really missed the atmosphere that you get at an Apple Store. We have done several other launches at Lenox and it is a total blast.

Mike

Last year I got mine at the Lenox store. Stood in line for about 2 hours for the experience, and had a fun time of it. My partner got one later on (my hand-me-down when the 16GB came out) - but we're going to upgrade both hopefully on Friday... but he has to work, so I'm thinking I'll stand in line and do mine and hopefully get his done since I'm an authorized user on his. If not, I'll bring his ID and credit card I guess and go stand in line a second time.

swordsman24
Jul 9, 2008, 01:03 PM
I'll be heading to the Apple store at North Point in Alpharetta, GA. Based on the updates yesterday looks like the Apple Stores will be able to handle non-iPhone ATT customers which is the only reason I would have gone to the local AT&T store. I'll be getting there around 6:30 and hoping the wait won't be much longer than a couple of hours. Bringing my MacBook Pro and Nintendo DS for line entertainment.

I sat in line for almost 12 hours in 2005 for the Xbox 360 launch at the BestBuy in Alpharetta so I'm hoping this will be just as much fun. I've been waiting for the 3g since last summer so my day is finally almost here.

Tinfoil
Jul 9, 2008, 01:56 PM
I may go to Northpoint mall, but more than likely i will be going to the At&t store on state bridge road. I'll most likely go Thursday night around 9 or 10 to start a line, if one has not been alreaddy created.

3G iPhone :apple: ..WOOT WOOT! :eek:

only 1 day approx 15 hours to go..

helloadam
Jul 9, 2008, 02:29 PM
I jsut got off the phone with the AT&T store on states bridge (My store of choice) and they will have 20 8GB Black, and ten of each color of the 16GB. I'm getting there around 12ish so i'll prob see you there Tinfoil! I'm gonna bring my video camera and record it for my blog/youtube/ya'lls viewing pleasure. Anyone else going to the States Bridge store?

fmiddleton
Jul 9, 2008, 11:51 PM
I'll be heading to the Apple store at North Point in Alpharetta, GA.

Me three. However, I don't believe in 6:30am unless you've seen every other hour after midnight, and I'm not camping out at the Mall: folks might think I'm waiting to get into the American Girl store, which would definitely not be cool.

swordsman24
Jul 10, 2008, 05:47 AM
Anyone hearing anything about stock at Apple Stores? We've seen some information from some of the AT&T stores. In particular do we have any insight into the North Point Mall Apple Store stock. Calls have not told me a whole lot yet. If AT&T have their phones in stock then I would think Apple Stores do as well, but no one is talking. :)

helloadam
Jul 10, 2008, 10:07 AM
I called The Northpoint Apple Store but they said they didn't know anything.

fmiddleton
Jul 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
I called The Northpoint Apple Store but they said they didn't know anything.

That is possible, or at least, they're pretty convincing liars. I went to get a MB Air earlier this year, and was told that they wouldn't know how many they would get - even at 9:30am on the Saturday they got them in.

FrenchKheldar
Jul 10, 2008, 11:24 AM
Has anybody walked by the Lenox store today and know if there was already a line? Thanks...

jaw3net
Jul 10, 2008, 01:32 PM
Has anybody walked by the Lenox store today and know if there was already a line? Thanks...

I doubt if there is a line outside the store (as no one will be allowed in the mall when it closes tonight), but there may be a queue outside the mall itself.

Tinfoil
Jul 10, 2008, 02:16 PM
any word on the line status at the AT&T store on state bridge rd?
Ill prob be there around ten or 11 tonight..:p

hypnospastic
Jul 10, 2008, 02:25 PM
I can't decide what to do....Apple Store @ Lenox or ATT store....I am getting up early and plan to be out of my house by 6AM and I am right down the street from both.

HELP!:eek:

hueyproductions
Jul 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
I enjoyed the experience of waiting in line with other Apple enthusiasts last year, but will be at the ATT store on Cobb Pkwy near my job tomorrow. I'm hoping that will be a low-volume store to purchase - I don't want to take the day off to get my phone this time.

Tinfoil
Jul 10, 2008, 09:11 PM
head-in over to at&t store right abt now.. Hope to see people soon :D

reguy3
Jul 10, 2008, 09:59 PM
I'm waiting outside the AT&T store outside of Atlantic Station, and I'm the only one here right now. Is anyone going to join me?

jpi4a
Jul 10, 2008, 10:30 PM
I'm waiting outside the AT&T store outside of Atlantic Station, and I'm the only one here right now. Is anyone going to join me?

The ATT website doesn't list the Atlantic Station store as having iPhones. Are you sure they're going to have them? If they do then I'll come there. Otherwise I'm heading to lenox apple store.

jpi4a
Jul 10, 2008, 10:45 PM
Is there anyone in line at the Lenox apple store yet? I'm thinking about heading there or to ATT in the morning.

twerkolator
Jul 10, 2008, 10:47 PM
The ATT website doesn't list the Atlantic Station store as having iPhones. Are you sure they're going to have them? If they do then I'll come there. Otherwise I'm heading to lenox apple store.

it's listed as the store on Atlantic Street..

reguy3
Jul 10, 2008, 11:19 PM
I talked with an employee at the Atlanic Station AT&T store asbtgey were leaving, and they said they would have them. I'll be in the front of the line in the blue chair.

lukenorris
Jul 10, 2008, 11:53 PM
I "pre purchased" mine today at the ATT store. Got my check receipt for scanning. I am not going to camp out or go first thing in the morning.. Traffic is nuts and I am not a early riser. What difference does a few hours make? If they are sold out... they I'll come back in a few days... I waited one year to get this one, what more is a few hours or days.

Drove by Lenox on the way home tonight from the ladies... Saw tons of cars out there in the parking deck. Not really sure if they were there for that or left over from the fireworks on the 4th.

opticalserenity
Jul 11, 2008, 12:20 AM
I started a thread for the Perimeter store:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=516465

Jeff42037
Jul 11, 2008, 12:26 AM
Im going to the AT&t Store off Pleasant Hill in Duluth...

doctapeppa
Jul 11, 2008, 12:44 AM
I just got back home from the Lenox Square Mall. The security that was in the parking lot suv told me the mall is closed and we can't even wait in the parking lot. He said to go back at 5am that they open the doors then.

TheFam
Jul 11, 2008, 01:55 AM
I'm going to be at the ATT store across the street from Stonecrest Mall

FrenchKheldar
Jul 11, 2008, 06:04 AM
Just came in Lenox, there are about 100 persons in line, hopefully my buddy will get one !

Stratus Fear
Jul 11, 2008, 06:06 AM
Just came in Lenox, there are about 100 persons in line, hopefully my buddy will get one !

Only 100? Probably fine then :)

I was one of the first people at Perimeter Mall this morning, and they didn't open the entrance a bunch of us were waiting at. As a result, I'm sitting around #80 at the Apple Store now. Sigh. I know I'll still get a phone, but now I have to wait longer :rolleyes:

FrenchKheldar
Jul 11, 2008, 06:18 AM
Here are a couple of pictures from the front of the Lenox Apple Store.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3037/2658485050_ac44513a1a.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3254/2658485072_33850ee13c.jpg

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 08:15 AM
Here are a couple of pictures from the front of the Lenox Apple Store.

Thanks for the pics. It seems relatively calm compared to last year. Any updates on how the process went? Did you score?

nfreader
Jul 11, 2008, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the pics. It seems relatively calm compared to last year.

I wonder if it'll be like that later on... I can't get off work until later at this rate.

WWWMAC
Jul 11, 2008, 08:59 AM
after my workout, I drove over to the Pleasant Hill location, pretty long line about 845AM, asked a guy how long to move thru the line, he said they were having tech issues so slow in getting devices reg. Drove over to Perimeter location as it is closer to my house in Dunwoody, but long line there also.

When will the line go down? Lunch?

I wish I had a web cam aimed at the Peachtree Dun location or my friend in the Arbys bldg could see the store front :confused:

Mattlanta
Jul 11, 2008, 09:03 AM
Any word on the lines at North Point Mall? thinking about hitting it up around 5pm.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 11, 2008, 09:09 AM
after my workout, I drove over to the Pleasant Hill location, pretty long line about 845AM, asked a guy how long to move thru the line, he said they were having tech issues so slow in getting devices reg. Drove over to Perimeter location as it is closer to my house in Dunwoody, but long line there also.

When will the line go down? Lunch?

I wish I had a web cam aimed at the Peachtree Dun location or my friend in the Arbys bldg could see the store front :confused:

Ditto for the Lenox store. I'm thinking of heading over there around 1. I drove by my local AT&T store in Fayetteville, GA and the line was about 80 people long. Rather than sacrifice 2 hours of work, I decided that I could make do and wait until later today, haha.

WWWMAC
Jul 11, 2008, 09:13 AM
Ditto for the Lenox store. I'm thinking of heading over there around 1. I drove by my local AT&T store in Fayetteville, GA and the line was about 80 people long. Rather than sacrifice 2 hours of work, I decided that I could make do and wait until later today, haha.

Yeah, I think I will try after lunch, glad I work out of my home office. Not sure how people get away with "Why arent you in the office yet?" "well, sir I am waiting in line for an iphone" :D

lukenorris
Jul 11, 2008, 09:18 AM
heading to Att Perimeter right now.... details maybe later today when I am actually surfing the iphone...

WWWMAC
Jul 11, 2008, 09:24 AM
heading to Att Perimeter right now.... details maybe later today when I am actually surfing the iphone...

please report what you find! Or, save me a spot and I will be right over!

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 09:28 AM
Any word on the lines at North Point Mall? thinking about hitting it up around 5pm.

I dropped in at ~8:45 this morning, the line was gigantic. It started behind starbucks (can't remember - is it the Sharper Image store on the same side as Apple? it started there)...then snaked back across the Atrium, past the AT&T kiosk, and into the spoke (don't remember what's on the corner there). I would guesstimate that there were 250-300 people.

I also went down to the AT&T store on Holcomb Bridge (near the Home Depot/Aqua Blue) - line there too. Heard that they had 60 phones this morning, would get 30 more tomorrow morning. Probably 80 in line when I got there - an AT&T rep had come out and said that they would be allowed into the store to do a direct fulfillment order (pay today, phone comes in a couple or three days)

Hope that helps.

Mattlanta
Jul 11, 2008, 09:37 AM
I dropped in at ~8:45 this morning, the line was gigantic. It started behind starbucks (can't remember - is it the Sharper Image store on the same side as Apple? it started there)...then snaked back across the Atrium, past the AT&T kiosk, and into the spoke (don't remember what's on the corner there). I would guesstimate that there were 250-300 people.

I also went down to the AT&T store on Holcomb Bridge (near the Home Depot/Aqua Blue) - line there too. Heard that they had 60 phones this morning, would get 30 more tomorrow morning. Probably 80 in line when I got there - an AT&T rep had come out and said that they would be allowed into the store to do a direct fulfillment order (pay today, phone comes in a couple or three days)

Hope that helps.

I drove by The AT&T Store near that Home Depot around 7:45 on the way to work and there was a line.
Thats a huge line for the Apple store. Theres 6 or 7 stores between the Apple store and Sharper Image. I guess we'll see what happens at 5. Or maybe I'll hit it up late, like 8:30.. Not sure.

FrenchKheldar
Jul 11, 2008, 09:51 AM
Still in line after 4 hours and being about #100 originally. Lines moving very slowly, Apple employees reporting a lot of activation problems for existing AT&T customers. Should gert in in the next half-hour, but I'm willing to sell my spot if somebody is interested :) I just tagged along my friend, not sure I'll get one for myself...

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 10:01 AM
Still in line after 4 hours and being about #100 originally. Lines moving very slowly, Apple employees reporting a lot of activation problems for existing AT&T customers. Should gert in in the next half-hour, but I'm willing to sell my spot if somebody is interested :) I just tagged along my friend, not sure I'll get one for myself...

Which location are u at?

EDIT: Nevermind. I see you're at Lenox.

jbellanca
Jul 11, 2008, 10:20 AM
In line right now at Lenox, and the lines huge. Apparently at&t southeast servers were down all morning but are slowly coming back. Hence only moving 9 people over the last 45-50 minutes. They have been giving phones to people to activate at hone too.

jbellanca
Jul 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
Of course as I say that the line hasn't moved even one person in about 15 minutes now. And apparently at&t's southeast servers are down again.

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 10:36 AM
Of course as I say that the line hasn't moved even one person in about 15 minutes now. And apparently at&t's southeast servers are down again.

I can see that...I just got to the store (on one of the demo MBA's) and the line hasnt moved at all. There;s no way in hell I'm goingt to wait in this line. The at&t store across the street has a much smaller line, but apparently they sold out earlier this morning. I may just wait until Sunday or Monday.

jbellanca
Jul 11, 2008, 10:59 AM
I finally got in the store and I'm in the inside line now. its moving but very very slowly. Two more people have gone in since my last post. I guess the Apple employees are just hitting "activate" on the phones over and over hoping that it will take. Some people ate getting lucky, some its taking forever for. Just seems like AT&T's getting crushed.

FrenchKheldar
Jul 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
jbellanca, I was probably pretty close to you... But we had to leave with my friend half an hour ago, 5 hours for nothing, thanks AT&T and your brilliant activation plan !:mad:

hueyproductions
Jul 11, 2008, 11:18 AM
They ran out of 16GB black at about 10:30.

The representative who had been coming out and giving us updates came out at 11 and said that they would probably run out of 16GB white about 10 people ahead of me. About this time, my bosses secretary called and told me that I better get my butt into the office as the boss was looking for an assignment they apparently gave me this morning. Still, I stuck it out, and got the 2nd to last 16GB white iPhone (the one I originally wanted). Phew. I would not have gotten the black 8GB, would have waited and ordered it. Very relieved to see my 5 hours of waiting did not go for nothing. Sorry for the folks behind me - waited from ~7AM until noon to put their name on a list.

WWWMAC
Jul 11, 2008, 11:21 AM
I went back to the Perimeter one got there about 1145AM, guy told me line would be about 30-45 mins, but they would probably be out when I got my turn, he said I could sign up and get the device in 7-10 days. I inquired that I could probably just sign up on line or on the phone and not have to wait in the sun for 45 mins for nothing....not so.

I will just try tomorrow or Monday. If I got it today there would probably be an issue activating it and I would not have anything for a while, who knows.

Brilliant plan AT&T and way to treat a 10+ year customer :(

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 11:23 AM
this is bananas. Folks who were in line at 6:30 are just now purchasing. You would have thought that AT&T would be prepared for this. I know servers go down every now and then but this is AT&T we're talking about not sprint.

jbellanca
Jul 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
this is bananas. Folks who were in line at 6:30 are just now purchasing. You would have thought that AT&T would be prepared for this. I know servers go down every now and then but this is AT&T we're talking about not sprint.

Yeah I got in line at Lenox at 6:30 and am now two people away from purchasing and have been in the inside line for a while now.

korotw
Jul 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
I might have jumped the gun when I left the Hiram, Ga location just because some guy said they were sold out. He also said we could sign up on-line for an iphone.. WRONG...

So, my question is this. Has anyone gone to any stores in Cobb that have said they are getting more phones.

I really only want the 8g version. Are those sold out as well??

***need to go to ATT store, I have a corporate account***

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 11:36 AM
hey folks: update from NPt mall. There are 2 cattle pens, 1 in front of Sephora/Lucky Brand jeans, other in front of Sharper image. Each pen has about 60-80 folks, and there's a small line in-store, I would guesstimate 30ish in there. Rumor has it there are still plenty of phones, as others have mentioned, activation seems to be the bottleneck.

UPDATE: "plenty of ALL models"

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 12:08 PM
Yeah I got in line at Lenox at 6:30 and am now two people away from purchasing and have been in the inside line for a while now.

Did you get it?

Stratus Fear
Jul 11, 2008, 12:15 PM
I went to Perimeter just before 6am this morning. Finally got to start the process around 10:30, I was originally somewhere between 65-80 in line. Getting the account and porting my T-Mobile number went smoothly, but I don't have an activated phone :mad:

When I left there were still at least a couple hundred people in line. With the activation issues today, those are going to be some unhappy people.

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 12:22 PM
AT&T Cumming/Bethelview sold out this morning. They had 40 units total (20 8Gb, 10 16Gb white, 10 16Gb black). Giving those in line (yip, they're still making people line up) two choices: pay now and they send you an iPhone within 5-7 business days, or you can come back next week when they'll have more in stock.

North Point Mall has well over 150 people in the 'bullpen' lines. The :apple: guy at the front handing out water says that they are having occasional problems with activation and that's the main holdup, but they are getting through the crowd and have plenty stock of all models. They are expecting it to get busier again 5pm onwards.

Kaeonadai
Jul 11, 2008, 12:31 PM
I went to Perimeter just before 6am this morning. Finally got to start the process around 10:30, I was originally somewhere between 65-80 in line. Getting the account and porting my T-Mobile number went smoothly, but I don't have an activated phone :mad:

When I left there were still at least a couple hundred people in line. With the activation issues today, those are going to be some unhappy people.

I think I was very close to you. I'm the 16 year old blond-haired kid.

Perimeter was a ****** experience. I got arrived at 5 AM, then had security send me away. I came back at 6:00, and went to the front door of the mall, as instructed. The mall was supposed to open at 6:30. It didn't. Instead, the mall security opened up the back entrance without telling us. I ended up being about 70th-80th in the line, even though I was one of the first to arrive.

I waited about 5 hours, the last hour spent being #4 outside of the store. We got inside and found out there were activation problems. I spent another hour waiting in the store. I finally got an Apple employee, and she checked the account, and it said I'm ineligible for an upgrade. After spending an hour on the phone with ATT, I got out with an unactivated 16gb white iPhone. It's still not activated.

I left the store at noon. 7 hours spent to get an unactivated iPhone. I feel bad for the guy in front of me. He found out he needed his dad (account holder) to be present in order to get the phone. He wasted about 5.5 hours for nothing. He was really excited, too.

gadams999
Jul 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
AT&T Cumming/Bethelview sold out this morning. They had 40 units total (20 8Gb, 10 16Gb white, 10 16Gb black). Giving those in line (yip, they're still making people line up) two choices: pay now and they send you an iPhone within 5-7 business days, or you can come back next week when they'll have more in stock.

Yup, I got to the Bethelview store round 6:30 and was #50-60 in line. Suffice it to say I left when the 40 unit announcement was made. My wife went to North Point, and looks like I'll be spending 2-4 hours in line. I guess I'll wait until 2:30 or so, hope to hit the lull (however minor it might be) and get out before 11:00pm.

I just hope they have enough black 16GB units so I can get one.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 12:56 PM
Yup, I got to the Bethelview store round 6:30 and was #50-60 in line. Suffice it to say I left when the 40 unit announcement was made. My wife went to North Point, and looks like I'll be spending 2-4 hours in line. I guess I'll wait until 2:30 or so, hope to hit the lull (however minor it might be) and get out before 11:00pm.

I just hope they have enough black 16GB units so I can get one.

Where in line are you? I'm just about to move to the first pen.

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 01:03 PM

I'm curious - how long has it taken you to get to that point from when you first joined the line?

mpitts
Jul 11, 2008, 01:05 PM

Does it seem like the lines are moving faster now? I am thinking about heading down there right now.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm curious - how long has it taken you to get to that point from when you first joined the line?

it took 90 minutes for the first pen, I'm at the back of #2. Someone just counted 92 folks in front me, and the security guy is saying "2 hours" from here. I think things might be moving just a little quicker, but it's not like things are flyin'.

WWWMAC
Jul 11, 2008, 01:16 PM
Props to all of you that are waiting in crazy lines. I am just thinking I will wait until next week to try here in Atlanta or maybe in Corpus Christi, TX on Tuesday when I am there.

I cant wait, I am a blackberry user and have been waiting for their 3G to come out for so long. But with the advent of MOBILEME, I am stoked as my co does not have exchange server for Outlook. Very thrilled I will be able to sync my Macbook, iphone and work XP laptop all together. But excitement will have to wait a few days.

cdawg92
Jul 11, 2008, 01:20 PM
Is is the kiosk inside? Any idea what the inventory is?

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 01:26 PM
Is is the kiosk inside? Any idea what the inventory is?

see earlier posts...the apple store is inside

Mattlanta
Jul 11, 2008, 01:28 PM
I think I'm going to head over there now and ditch worth early. I'm out in Norcross, so I should get to North Point by 3ish. Hopefully they won't keep me in a pen too long :eek:

cdawg92
Jul 11, 2008, 01:31 PM
I've got a business discount so I can only upgrade at an AT&T store. Anyone know of one that still has stock?

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 01:33 PM
I think I'm going to head over there now and ditch worth early. I'm out in Norcross, so I should get to North Point by 3ish. Hopefully they won't keep me in a pen too long :eek:

Second pen is now only half full

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 01:38 PM
I've got a business discount so I can only upgrade at an AT&T store. Anyone know of one that still has stock?

None up north Atlanta here. I would recommend hitting AT&T stores tomorrow morning, as the ones I've been to are expected 20-50 units to be delivered tonight for sale tomorrow.

Careful though... if you put your name on a list for 'direct fulfillment' with an AT&T store, that means you're going to get one sent to your house next week sometime, and does not qualify you for the fresh stock in store when it arrives.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 11, 2008, 01:41 PM
Second pen is now only half full

Sounds like they have everyone rounded up like sheep or cattle. I'm sure it's an amazing sight to see. I think I'll be going there next week. :)

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
I walked into Lenox about 10 mins ago and turned right back around.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...and at an AT&T store...

Is the consensus that AT&T is the source of the activation problems?

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 01:52 PM
The line is still pretty long at Lenox. Seems the folks that got here at 8 are just getting to finally buy. If the activation process was like last year this would've been a smoother day.

cdawg92
Jul 11, 2008, 01:56 PM
Really was hoping to get one today, but oh well. Good luck in line.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 02:03 PM
The line is still pretty long at Lenox. Seems the folks that got here at 8 are just getting to finally buy. If the activation process was like last year this would've been a smoother day.

Big difference to last year though: no contract requirements last year, no eligibility requirements last year.

johndawg1973
Jul 11, 2008, 02:16 PM
I walked into Lenox about 10 mins ago and turned right back around.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day...and at an AT&T store...

Is the consensus that AT&T is the source of the activation problems?

I walked into N. Point at lunch, saw the pens and took off. I can spend my time doing somthing a lot more productive than sitting in those pens.

I can wait...

Stratus Fear
Jul 11, 2008, 02:33 PM
I think I was very close to you. I'm the 16 year old blond-haired kid.

Perimeter was a ****** experience. I got arrived at 5 AM, then had security send me away. I came back at 6:00, and went to the front door of the mall, as instructed. The mall was supposed to open at 6:30. It didn't. Instead, the mall security opened up the back entrance without telling us. I ended up being about 70th-80th in the line, even though I was one of the first to arrive.

I waited about 5 hours, the last hour spent being #4 outside of the store. We got inside and found out there were activation problems. I spent another hour waiting in the store. I finally got an Apple employee, and she checked the account, and it said I'm ineligible for an upgrade. After spending an hour on the phone with ATT, I got out with an unactivated 16gb white iPhone. It's still not activated.

I left the store at noon. 7 hours spent to get an unactivated iPhone. I feel bad for the guy in front of me. He found out he needed his dad (account holder) to be present in order to get the phone. He wasted about 5.5 hours for nothing. He was really excited, too.

Yeah, I was the guy with the black backpack and MacBook Air ;) They gave me the option pretty quickly to just take the phone home, which I quickly and thankfully took. Sorry to hear you had to stand around for a while. Mine finally activated about an hour ago. Worst part for me was that my number ported to AT&T really quickly, so I didn't have a phone to use for a while. When I got home, I ended up having to use Skype to call someone... Sigh.

My friend with the glasses took longer than me because they had a problem processing his credit check. Apparently it wouldn't return any information. Sigh. At least we all have our phones now.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 02:38 PM
been a tough afternoon on the north point front. Many casualties.

Seriously, pen 2 is drained, and I'm close to the final turn in pen 1 - reckon another hour to the store. Herder announced they still have plenty of stock, and will be "open 'til 11pm" which I think is a good sign for those planning on coming after work. Bring supplies, chairs, and beer. The wait for you guys is likely considerably less than for me.

ugadawg94
Jul 11, 2008, 02:39 PM
Got to the ATT store about 6:30 and was number 4. Store only got 20 total phones (5-16gb white, 5-16gb black, 10 - 8GB black). Took over an hour and I was one of the first 4 inside the store. Mine was just a simple family plan upgrade.

They had massive computer/connection issues.

Over ATT folks were nice, but they said they had zero training on this. Which showed as they went through the process.

Also of note, they said even if they got more phones in today, they were not allowed to sell them until tomorrow (saturday).

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 11, 2008, 02:43 PM
I walked into N. Point at lunch, saw the pens and took off. I can spend my time doing somthing a lot more productive than sitting in those pens.

I can wait...

For real...do these people not have jobs or something? Wow.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 02:51 PM
north point: LINES CLOSED.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 11, 2008, 02:53 PM

What...they're not accepting anymore people to buy iPhones today?

Mattlanta
Got up to NPM around 3:15 ish. THey just emptied the 2nd pen and moved us to the 1st pen. The wait seemed way too long, plus my stomach was grumbly(not from hunger) so i just deicided to wait till tommorow. ;)

nerd
No iphone for me. I optimistically thought I'd just go by the Northlake AT&T store around 10 after the crowds died down. When I got there it looked like about 30 people were lined up outside the store so I went home and took a nap. I went back around 2:30 and it was a ghost town and they were completely sold out. So, feeling adventurous, I went to the Perimeter Apple store and it was insane. There were, approximately, a crapload of people. Maybe 150+ people at 3PM. There was also a creepy Chick-Fil-A cow walking around. I left immediately.

Mattlanta
Jul 11, 2008, 02:55 PM
AT&T Stores will be operating under normal hours tommorow right? This whole 8am thing was just for today?

Ninja Guidan
Jul 11, 2008, 03:03 PM
No iphone for me. I optimistically thought I'd just go by the Northlake AT&T store around 10 after the crowds died down. When I got there it looked like about 30 people were lined up outside the store so I went home and took a nap. I went back around 2:30 and it was a ghost town and they were completely sold out. So, feeling adventurous, I went to the Perimeter Apple store and it was insane. There were, approximately, a crapload of people. Maybe 150+ people at 3PM. There was also a creepy Chick-Fil-A cow walking around. I left immediately.

The creepy chick-Fil-A cow...classic.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 03:04 PM

closed due to expected time to reach store, NOT inventory shortage. Saying they have plenty of all models for everyone in line.

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 03:06 PM

WTF?? I was just about to haul ass over there to beat the 5pm 'rush' for after-workers lining up.

Closed for the day, or closed for a break? Can you find out if they're out of stock?

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 03:09 PM
closed due to expected time to reach store, NOT inventory shortage. Saying they have plenty of all models for everyone in line.

So they estimate six hours of wait time? Wow. What an incredible waste of valuable Friday night drinking time!!

I think I'm going to take a rain check until tomorrow a.m. outside my Bethelview store for their next run of stock.

fmiddleton - thanks a ton for the commentary from North Point today. I definitely owe ya a beer....

cdawg92
Jul 11, 2008, 03:16 PM
Are they going back to 9:00 am opening?

I was there this morning to find out they only got 40 phones. Argghh.

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 03:23 PM
Are they going back to 9:00 am opening?

I was there this morning to find out they only got 40 phones. Argghh.

Just checked with them... 9am tomorrow. They haven't got stock yet but are expecting some. They don't know how many until they arrive.

Legends20036
Jul 11, 2008, 03:25 PM
Got to the AT&T store by the Galleria on Cobb Parkway and was about 100th in line. I ended up with one of the last white 16gb iPhones (they had already sold out of black). When I was leaving they were cutting off the line because they did not have enough iPhones for everyone though they said they are getting a shipment tomorrow and more on Monday, though I am betting a lot of those are already spoken for by people who went ahead and prepaid after they ran out today.

Now I just have to get off work so I can go home and try to activate the phone....

poblack
Jul 11, 2008, 03:30 PM
Man, what a day.

got up at and left the house at 7 am. and went to Southlake AT&T store on Mount Zion Rd. I first went to the wrong one, and they were closed. Then I looked it up again and there was a store down the street. Went there at 7:45, and there was like 75 - 120 people in line already. So I said what the hell, and got in line and waited. Long story short, I was the last person to get the 8 GB!

They had a lot of iphones. 16 GB sold out first (they had maybe 50 of these). Then I got the last 8 GB (they probably had 100 of these). I'm sure while I was checking out, the white 16GB sold out.

I left the store about 10:30, so I waited in line about 3 hrs. total.

Phone is activated and working well

Mattlanta
Jul 11, 2008, 03:31 PM
I guess I will be hitting up the AT&T Store on Roswell Road around 7:30-8AM and hope for the best! Maybe I should convince my wife to stand in line, since it is MY birthday gift.. hmm..

cdawg92
Jul 11, 2008, 03:34 PM
Surprised they hadn't got their shipment yet, store near work on Collins Hill already had theirs but couldn't sell them.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 03:41 PM
WTF?? I was just about to haul ass over there to beat the 5pm 'rush' for after-workers lining up.

Closed for the day, or closed for a break? Can you find out if they're out of stock?

hard to tell. The line has accelerated significantly - "activation are going much smoother". They want to be sure that all of us sad losers in line get their phones, timewise, not quantity wise. You might want to drop in at 9pm, or just come in the morning. Inventory doesn't seem to be a problem.

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 03:46 PM
So they estimate six hours of wait time? Wow. What an incredible waste of valuable Friday night drinking time!!

Think you meant "Friday afternoon AND evening" :)

No prob on the updates, it's not like I've got anything else to do!

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 04:04 PM
Think you meant "Friday afternoon AND evening" :)

No prob on the updates, it's not like I've got anything else to do!

Beer ain't just for breakfast anymore... ;)

yaroldb
Jul 11, 2008, 04:09 PM
hard to tell. The line has accelerated significantly - "activation are going much smoother". They want to be sure that all of us sad losers in line get their phones, timewise, not quantity wise. You might want to drop in at 9pm, or just come in the morning. Inventory doesn't seem to be a problem.

Fmiddlton... How is that line moving? I've got a friend that is getting out of work around North Point and wants to stop by...

moz5835
Jul 11, 2008, 04:11 PM
Okay - I have the lowdown for AT&T stores tomorrow for those of you, like me, who are dedicating your Friday evening to beer and TV.

AT&T stores (or, specifically, those in North Atlanta) will be restocked tonight with exactly the same amount of stock that they had for launch day. In other words, my local store is Bethelview Rd, Cumming, and they had 40 units (20x8Gb, 10x16Gb Bk, 10x16Gb Wh) today.... same again tomorrow.

Except that the stores will open at 9am, not 8am. And the staff are expecting similar queues as they had today, fearing those who had work to go to today will be out for a phone tomorrow. And, of course, those who tried and couldn't get one today.

Also - if Saturday morning doesn't work for you - know that AT&T stores are expecting stock daily throughout next week.

If you have a lot of time to wait, there's always the Apple stores who are stock to the roof with iPhones.

*** thanks to the staff at AT&T Cumming for the info - much appreciated ***

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
Fmiddlton... How is that line moving? I've got a friend that is getting out of work around North Point and wants to stop by...

it's moving pretty well now, but they still aren't letting people join the line...maybe in another couple of hours. BTW, I am actually in the store.

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 04:25 PM
still in line at Lenox. Sitting in front of teavana where they are offering HOT samples. WTF? Apple employees say that there are plenty in stock. I'd be a bit livid if I don't get one after waiting in line this long.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 11, 2008, 05:34 PM
What's it like now at Northpoint?

fmiddleton
Jul 11, 2008, 05:47 PM
What's it like now at Northpoint?

Okay, my last post on the topic. They've re-opened the line at North Point - tons of inventory still in the store. My best guess is that it's 75 minutes at this point, so I would expect them to stop the line completely around 9/9:30 depending on how things are going.

Got my phone, got to activate it now. Wish me luck! Roger and out.

stylishgeek
Jul 11, 2008, 06:33 PM
Lenox -
Got in line around 3:30pm, now I'm nearing the bend near Abercrombie & Fitch. Apple Store employees have estimated another 5 hours, but they will stay until everyone in line gets a phone.

stylishgeek
Jul 11, 2008, 06:35 PM
Lenox -
BTW I've got the MacBook Pro w/ Starry Night on the back - if you're bored say hello :)

mpitts
Jul 11, 2008, 07:00 PM
I am in line now. It's not too bad. Probably an hour wait and it seems like the line is moving at an acceptable pace. plus they are giving away free Smart Water.. Bonus!

mpitts
Jul 11, 2008, 07:05 PM
check that. i am in line to get in line. they may not even get to me before 11. i was just told that by an Apple employee.

it doesnt look that bad and it seems like we are moving a little bit. im confident that i will get one tonight.

NewtypeCJ
Jul 11, 2008, 07:14 PM
I got in line at Lenox at 7:30 am. I walked out with my phone at 6 pm. W-T-F. :'( I should've waited.

jaw3net
Jul 11, 2008, 07:15 PM
smart water? We got publix spring water here at Lenox. I'm now near abercrombie and the heavy scent of their cheap cologne that's flowing from inside the store as well as the sound of the disco classics that they're playing is nauseating.

I'm wearing a blue tshirt with HAWAII on the front. Say hello and bring me some food. ;)

jbellanca
Jul 11, 2008, 10:34 PM
Did you get it?

Sort of, thanks for asking. I got one for my partner who's an account I'm am authorized user on. However, I still did not get mine after being there until 6 PM. Yes, 6PM. Apple's point of sale system couldn't sell me one since it said that AT&T has my account as a business account. So they called AT&T, who confirmed that it was NOT a business account and I should be able to purchase. But for some reason that AT&T couldn't figure out, their system wouldn't update properly. Even now when I call AT&T, I get forwarded to the Small Business customer service line. They still claim that my account is person and not business though and they totally can't explain why it's happening. So the Apple guys helped me out for HOURS today on the phone with AT&T and with AT&T reps to no avail. AT&T has given several conflicting stories, one person saying there's some mysterious form I need to fill out, and they'll call me back in 24-48 hrs with info on this "form" (yeah, right), and others claiming that I just need to way 24-48 hours for their systems to "update." Even cought them lying in one case. In other works, they're totally clueless and have no idea what's wrong. And the Apple guys said a whole ton of people are having this happen to them, maybe as high as 50-75% of problems are this issue. The Apple guys were nice enough to put a phone aside for me until AT&T can fix this issue. It's looking like if AT&T can't fix it, I'm just going to cancel my account and get hit with the fee to cancel my contract, and start a brand new account. AT&T just can't seem to figure out HOW to let Apple sell me a phone. can you tell I'm frustrated. 12 hours and still no phone. The Apple store people were AWESOME even though I ended up not getting a phone yet. AT&T, not so much.

lukenorris
Jul 11, 2008, 11:51 PM
I went back to the Perimeter one got there about 1145AM, guy told me line would be about 30-45 mins, but they would probably be out when I got my turn, he said I could sign up and get the device in 7-10 days. I inquired that I could probably just sign up on line or on the phone and not have to wait in the sun for 45 mins for nothing....not so.

I will just try tomorrow or Monday. If I got it today there would probably be an issue activating it and I would not have anything for a while, who knows.

Brilliant plan AT&T and way to treat a 10+ year customer :(

Are you the guy with the umbrella and hat? I waited in line... Didn't get one... Got a white one shipped to the store. Always had black or silver phones. never had white!

lukenorris
Jul 12, 2008, 12:16 AM
ATT acted today like they were the government and rationing food for a huge disaster that had just happened.... Soo sad!

jaw3net
Jul 12, 2008, 02:14 AM
long story short: waited in line for approximately 11 hours (until 1a...what the hell was I thinking?), was literally next to buy, but then at&t decided to go home and shut their activation servers down for the night. was given a ticket that would allow me to return to the store (lenox mall location) tomorrow without waiting in line (again) to purchase the iphone 3g.

as disappointed as i am for having waited in line for several hours on end, i can only imagine what the 50 or so folks waiting in line after me felt like.

despite the issues of the day, the apple store employees were very kind and more than willing to answer any and all questions. hats off to them.

it was an extremely long day that produced very little results. i'm beyond exhausted. hopefully tomorrow/later today will be a fairly easy process, as promised.

stylishgeek...great meeting & chatting with you. perhaps i'll see you at the store saturday.

good night and good luck.

MHenigan50
Jul 12, 2008, 09:04 AM
Hey all,

Well after getting to the Lenox Mall store in Atlanta at 630 am, it was fun talking with the tons of other mac and iPhone fans, but as the hours wore on and on, it was a looooong wait. <I was the big guy who passed out AMUG business cards, btw>

The store opened a few minutes early, and we waited to take our place in the store... 2 hrs and 40 mins later we were able to walk into the store...I was only Number 81 in line I might add! So from 6:30 am until 10:40 am to get into the store.

So after being at the IN-Store que, an hour goes by and we finally get our very own sales person :)

Another 70 minutes rolls by, my partner got his phone all set and then we tried to set mine, and set it, set it, and set it...no dice, itunes kept crashing, after 5 attempts at getting my iPhone activated, I said, let me take it home, I'll be home in my own domain and we will take it from there.

So after 6 and half hours we had the phones, 1 activated and 1 NOT!

After stopping for lunch on the way home, I messed around and then went to set my phone up with iTunes...no nothing...error message again. I sat the phone down, then realized I could use it, just it was was not connecting to iTunes. I gave it a few hours and then later it went through all the paces just fine and it was working fine with iTunes.

I heard from a friend this morning who was at the Perimeter store last night. She got in line about 4pm and didn't get her phone until about 12 midnight, didn't get home until 1 am.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 12, 2008, 11:34 AM
I'm 0 for 2 today wrt to AT&T stores (Fayetteville/Griffin). I got the same story from both: "we can order one for you and it will be here in 5-7 days, but we don't know if we're getting any shipments in today."

I live too far from any Apple store *unless* I'm guaranteed to get one.

Is anyone else having luck today?

Mattlanta
Jul 12, 2008, 12:47 PM
I'm 0 for 2 today wrt to AT&T stores (Fayetteville/Griffin). I got the same story from both: "we can order one for you and it will be here in 5-7 days, but we don't know if we're getting any shipments in today."

I live too far from any Apple store *unless* I'm guaranteed to get one.

Is anyone else having luck today?

I went to North Point Mall today because I had a ton of issues yesterday. They gave me a front of the line pass and was able to go in and get out quick. I would say that there was a 2 hour wait for the iPhone around 12:00PM. They were out of the 16GB black iPhones, and running low on the 16GB whites. Plenty of stock of the 8GB.

MHenigan50
Jul 12, 2008, 06:23 PM
I went by Lenox Mall store this afternoon to attend the iPhone seminar. Thre was STILL a huge line of a few hundred people and I spoke to several folks and the wait in line was running about 4 hours or so.

The store still had plenty of phones I was told. As for the store, it was cordoned off like Ft Knox today. The only way into the store at all, was if you were in the line (no matter what you wanted to buy there, or if you have an appointment for 1 to 1 or the seminar we attended)

They still had folks walking to the front of the store trying to see why they could not walk into the store and just do a quick iPhone buy and NOT wait in the line. It was kinda not fair to customers there for other stuff, but it was a lot more orderly inside, even If I still think it was wrong to bunch ALL the customers into the same line. I saw several folks walk away and say something about going to another please to buy what they needed.

Mike:D

moz5835
Jul 12, 2008, 08:20 PM
The line was stopped this evening just before 7pm for a 9pm close. Store opens at midday tomorrow and the store is expecting yet more lines, however not as long as there have been the past two days.

They only have stock of the white 16Gb devices now. More expected Tuesday (at the earliest).

An aside - AT&T store in Cumming now doesn't know when they will now be getting in more stock. They are only taking 'store fulfillment' orders with a 5-7 business day lead time.

jaw3net
Jul 12, 2008, 08:57 PM
so i went to the lenox mall location around 3 p.m. with my claim ticket in hand (since this happened last night: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=5791951#post5791951) and was ushered into the store without having to wait in line (which was a bit shorter than yesterday). it literally took 5 minutes to purchase and activate my phone. the apple employee that activated my phone said that they had plenty of phones in stock so i'm sure everyone that was in line was able to purchase.

seems the lenox location is the only location that has every model in stock, so if you're looking to score one on Sunday, head that way. get there early though.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 13, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm attempting to get one today at Lenox. I'll report back when I get there!

medicwhite
Jul 13, 2008, 10:18 AM
Stopped by the AT&T store yesterday and they had sold out the 20 iPhones they had for Saturday within one hour. I was told they do not have any for Sunday and they were not expecting a shipment.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 13, 2008, 10:47 AM
I'm attempting to get one today at Lenox. I'll report back when I get there!

I've made it to the Puma store! They opened at 10 even though the website said 11. I started at the mall entrance at about 10:20.

...and I swore I wouldn't wait in line!

maverickem09
Jul 13, 2008, 11:17 AM
I woke up at 4:30 and was second in line at the AT&T store in Gainesville and was out within an hour.. I guess I just got lucky and got it before the servers had problems. :)

moz5835
Jul 13, 2008, 11:31 AM
Around 70 in line, split between fast track and normal queue. Approx 3-4 hours wait from end of line. And this is day 3... Unreal!

moz5835
Jul 13, 2008, 12:46 PM
North Point has stopped people lining up. They've enough 16Gb white units to cover those in line, and no more.
Until through the week... that's it for North Point.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 13, 2008, 03:23 PM
After back-and-forthing with both the AT&T store across Lenox Road and the one in the mall, I finally left without one. I have a claim ticket for one, so I'll be back tomorrow.

The entire activation process is fatally flawed...the Apple stores should have AT&T representatives there for account problems!

It was funny talking with the AT&T guys because they hate this process as an employee just as much as I hate it as a customer.

Alas, a 16GB in black has my name on it.

While they wouldn't say an exact amount, they said they had plenty in every version to accommodate the demand.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 14, 2008, 07:44 PM
It's Day 2, and I still don't have an iPhone.

After a problem setting up my AT&T account yesterday, I received a claim ticket attached to the iPhone they tried to activate, and once I got the problem with AT&T resolved, I could come back and complete the process.

After work today, I went back to the Lenox store with my claim ticket. Without a queue, I had to wait for someone, anyone, to become available. After an employee pulled my phone from the back, he attempted to scan the barcodes and continue the process. The only problem was, he was unable to do anything with the phone. Since an activation had been attempted, even though it wasn't completed, the phone was no good. There was nothing he could do.

This exact same thing happened to me yesterday and they just grabbed a new phone to start the process over. Today, they were sold out. I called AppleCare to see if they could do anything since the day before AT&T reps said the phones didn't have to be returned if the process failed but could be restarted with a call to AT&T. I even went to the AT&T store in the mall to tell them how terrible my experience has been and that I appreciated their efforts to smooth things over the day before. There was nothing they could do. Apple won't let you walk out of the store with an un-activated phone.

6 hours, 100+ miles, 2 days, and no iPhone. And no one to complain to. They sent me off with a "we still have the claim ticket, so check the store tomorrow to see if we have any."

I guess I should make sure they have at least two.

ivank
Jul 14, 2008, 08:41 PM
was there a line at lenox today? If so, how many people were there in the afternoon?

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 14, 2008, 08:56 PM
was there a line at lenox today? If so, how many people were there in the afternoon?

There was a line of about 30 around 6.

macdaddy121
Jul 15, 2008, 08:58 AM
A buddy of mine was at Lenox this morning and he said there are about 100 people there now. He got there around 6:30 and was one of the first 10 people.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 15, 2008, 09:06 AM
A buddy of mine was at Lenox this morning and he said there are about 100 people there now. He got there around 6:30 and was one of the first 10 people.

Wow. When will things get back to normal...so I can just walk in the Northpoint store at lunch and get mine and my wifes and be on my merry way? :)

mac jones
Jul 15, 2008, 09:18 AM
Wow. When will things get back to normal...so I can just walk in the Northpoint store at lunch and get mine and my wifes and be on my merry way? :)

By the end of the week only if there's a steady stream of stock.

If there's a shortage it will create more hype and the lines could drag on.

But I've a suspicion that there will be stock as this isn't a new launch, just an update really, and they probably anticipated various contingencies.

But i've been wrong before......:)

Best thing to do is relax and wait. You will be happier in the long run.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
I called this morning after checking their website and seeing that they would have the 16gb in black in stock.

I understandably waited on hold for 35 mins and the associate told me that my claim ticket was no good. The sales associate yesterday said to keep the claim ticket so that I can use it for a new shipment of phones and that my information would be kept. Today, they told me there was nothing they could do because the claim ticket is only good until the end of the business day. I have to wait in line, just like everybody else, even though I spent 4 hours in line on Sunday. And this is from the manager.

I wish I knew who I could sent a letter to. This is the most ridiculous, exhaustive, infuriating purchase process I have ever been a part of. And I would never expect it from a company like Apple, so dedicated to the user experience. It's disgusting.

mac jones
Jul 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
I called this morning after checking their website and seeing that they would have the 16gb in black in stock.

I understandably waited on hold for 35 mins and the associate told me that my claim ticket was no good. The sales associate yesterday said to keep the claim ticket so that I can use it for a new shipment of phones and that my information would be kept. Today, they told me there was nothing they could do because the claim ticket is only good until the end of the business day. I have to wait in line, just like everybody else, even though I spent 4 hours in line on Sunday. And this is from the manager.

I wish I knew who I could sent a letter to. This is the most ridiculous, exhaustive, infuriating purchase process I have ever been a part of. And I would never expect it from a company like Apple, so dedicated to the user experience. It's disgusting.

tough break

Ninja Guidan
Jul 15, 2008, 09:59 AM

What time did you get there on Sunday? I went to the Starbucks at Lenox at 10 and didn't expect the line to be long that early for a Sunday.

Dysfnctnl85
Jul 15, 2008, 12:05 PM
What time did you get there on Sunday? I went to the Starbucks at Lenox at 10 and didn't expect the line to be long that early for a Sunday.

I got there at about 10:15.

It's more than a tough break!

ziggo
Jul 15, 2008, 02:25 PM
As of yesterday, Apple Store in Perimeter was ALL sold out after THREE straight days of nonstop lines...

moz5835
Jul 15, 2008, 08:13 PM
Looks like I'll see all y'all over at Lenox Mall in the morning. They're the only place left in the state with stock.
Who did they have to sleep with to get all those iPhones in stock??? Six days on and they're still supplying all model types.
And who do I have to sleep with to get one???

mac jones
Jul 15, 2008, 09:00 PM
Looks like I'll see all y'all over at Lenox Mall in the morning. They're the only place left in the state with stock.
Who did they have to sleep with to get all those iPhones in stock??? Six days on and they're still supplying all model types.
And who do I have to sleep with to get one???

I think the entire region

Which makes me think that the line could get pretty ugly.

MHenigan50
Jul 15, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well, it is not surprising that Lenox STILL has the phones. Why? It is the busiest Apple :apple: Store in the Southeast.

They consistently have the top sales and top foot traffic of any store. I know that they have been trying to give Atlanta and Lenox an actual Flagship store of its very own for a long time, its is just finding the location to build one :)

So...get the line started early tomorrow, I think it's going to a rocky day! :cool:

moz5835
Jul 16, 2008, 12:05 PM
North Point Apple just got a batch of 16Gb White iPhone's at 12pm. The queue is around an hour from the end of the pretty short line.
Finally, I am in line for an iPhone!!!

Siciliano611
Jul 16, 2008, 12:31 PM
Any word on Lenox? Trying to call now but of course the wait to even get someone on the line is absurd....

Jewan
Jul 16, 2008, 01:40 PM
I'm headed over to lenox later, ill update then.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 16, 2008, 01:47 PM
North Point Apple just got a batch of 16Gb White iPhone's at 12pm. The queue is around an hour from the end of the pretty short line.
Finally, I am in line for an iPhone!!!

Hey...let us know how long it took and if they say anything about tomorrow. Also, are they still doing one phone per person in line? I need two...one for me and one for the old lady, the old ball and chain, the significant other...you get my drift :)

moz5835
Jul 16, 2008, 02:13 PM
Hey...let us know how long it took and if they say anything about tomorrow. Also, are they still doing one phone per person in line? I need two...one for me and one for the old lady, the old ball and chain, the significant other...you get my drift :)

It took an hour from joining the line to walking out the door. The actual buying process was six minutes long! Seems they have it down to a fine art now.

They were counting people in the line (was at most 40 people) to make sure they had stock. They wouldn't tell me how many however hinted that they could easily accommodate everyone in the queue and probably the same again (figuring 100 units then?).

If you wanted more than one phone, you just had to tell the :apple: flunky who's managing the queue so she can account for it in their available stock. There were quite a lot of folk buying two.

Only white 16Gb's today. They have no idea when new stock will arrive again... the usual story: check online at 9pm (I checked last night and it said they had none today!).

Hope that helps. Now I'm going to drive in circles watching the blue dot on Google Maps...

/should get myself a life

update: yellow tint on screen??? It's so bad it's practically green. Awful. Wish the first iPhone had 3G in it.

Jewan
Jul 16, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm sitting outside the Lenox store in line, there are about 20 to 25 peple in front of me, im thinking about an hour or two in line (just predicting).

utilizer
Jul 17, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty set on getting one at the Mall of GA this evening. If I can't get one today, then I'll be in line in the morning. :D

Ninja Guidan
Jul 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
I was just at Northpoint for lunch about an hour ago. They have 8GBs and black 16GBs with an hour to an hour and a half wait. I want an 8GB and a 16GB white so I decided to leave (didn't want to have to wait twice). Chances are I may have to end up doing that anyway :). Oh well.

Legends20036
Jul 17, 2008, 12:47 PM
Any more updates on the line/stock at Lenox today? I got a white 16GB at an at&t store last Friday but my girlfriend wants me to go with her tonight so she can get a 8gb. Just trying to keep an eye on the line situation since we won't get there till nearly 8 tonight.

gjg554
Jul 17, 2008, 04:02 PM
If I got there at 6 tonight, any idea how long is would take to get one or if they still would have them in stock (based upon the line around 6 the last few days)?

Legends20036
Jul 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
Lenox is out of all iphone's as well as screen covers :(

jturn00
Jul 17, 2008, 07:04 PM
I think everyone is Atlanta is pretty fortunate that the lines aren't as long as they are in NY. I read stories about people waiting 3-4 hours and today it was over 90.

utilizer
Jul 17, 2008, 07:36 PM
OH well,
it was worth a shot anyways. I got there at the Mall of GA store at about 6:30 pm and there were four white units left. I was fourth in-line, BUT the second person before me ordered two and I was the odd man out. :(

I'll try the AT&T store at Northlake in the morning but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Legends20036
Jul 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
So got to Lenox about 7 and was told they were out of phones. Had to wait around a while cause my gf was getting her mac book looked at. So an hour later I see someone walk in, ask for a phone, and get a white 16gb phone. I ask the apple guy and he said they found 3 white phones in a drawer so I ask for one and he says ok. When people see he had 2 phones still in hand they formed a mob around him which was rather funny as people were demanding to see the 2 customers who were going to get them. Then after all this when we are about done checking out my gf decides she doesn't want a 16gb phone so we leave without one....Online apple shows Lenox will have white phones tomorrow but as of 8:45 there was no more and the manager said no shipment tomorrow.

gjg554
Jul 18, 2008, 02:41 PM
sold out at 3pm today

medicwhite
Jul 18, 2008, 08:05 PM
So, I was jus watching the commercial for iPhone. Now I understand, they have to bring in each phone in a secure box that takes about 30 secs to open each. Now I know why it takes so long and they can only get 10-20 per day at each store.

y rome
Jul 19, 2008, 02:41 PM
Got to Lenox at 8 AM and they were sold out of iPhones by 9:45 AM. They told everyone in line they were out of stock but we hung around until 11:30 AM with hopes that they would get another iPhone shipment. We left after the manager told us their first shipment of the day contained no iPhones.

This is 8 days after the iPhone was released. I wish I had just waited in line on release day. This is ridiculous.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 19, 2008, 05:08 PM
Got to Lenox at 8 AM and they were sold out of iPhones by 9:45 AM. They told everyone in line they were out of stock but we hung around until 11:30 AM with hopes that they would get another iPhone shipment. We left after the manager told us their first shipment of the day contained no iPhones.

This is 8 days after the iPhone was released. I wish I had just waited in line on release day. This is ridiculous.

Northpoint and Mall of GA had 8GBs only. Northpoint until at least 10:30am, Mall of GA until at least 2:00pm. Those were the times I stopped by. Barely a line at each also.

vnr111
Jul 21, 2008, 11:48 AM
Does anyone know if any at&t stores in the atlanta area have the iphone in stock?

y rome
Jul 22, 2008, 07:44 AM
Got to the Apple Store at Lenox by 7:20 AM and was told by the Apple employees that the line was probably somewhere around 4.5 hours from the point I entered the line. I gave up and went to work.

I ordered direct fulfillment last Thursday from my AT&T store but there are over 200 people ahead of me according to the iPhone status checker (http://iphone.secretsofawebguru.com/).

When will these lines finally die down? It's been 11 ****** days for crying out loud.

Legends20036
Jul 22, 2008, 11:28 AM
Any update on the line/stock at Lenox?

gradzero
Jul 22, 2008, 11:34 AM
The line is not too long at the Perimeter store and they have all models, but they where going down the line asking people how many phones they were getting. So I suspect that they don't have lots.

Legends20036
Jul 22, 2008, 02:06 PM
Hmm

gjg554
Jul 22, 2008, 08:48 PM
have people been able to get one at either of these stores simply as an authorized user on a family plan?

vnr111
Jul 23, 2008, 11:33 PM
have people been able to get one at either of these stores simply as an authorized user on a family plan?

I finally got 2 x 16gb white ones at perimeter mall today. (They didnt have any others in stock) It was for a family plan where I was an authorized user (not the account holder), but they didnt ask me anything about it. They just asked for last four digits of the account holders social security # (who is my dad), and voila, I was able to check out with two of them.

I walked up to perimeter at around 6pm, and there were only 4 people in line, but they only had white 16gb in stock. It took about an hour and half just to get through 4 people, but I was finally able to get them, even though my start to checkout lasted about 6 minutes.

I was one of the initial few that waited 7 hours at Lenox on July 12th, was told by ATT that I'm okay to buy it at the apple store, walked in, had the phones, and then was told cause I have a corporate discount, I wasn't eligible to purchase at the apple store, and was immediately escorted out.

So I decided to wait, and wait, till the AT&T stores had them in stock, but of course they never did. So long story short, I called AT&T today, canceled my FAN corporate discount, went the Apple store one hour later, and was able to check out with the phones. As soon as I got back, I reapplyed for the discount, and it says it will be applied in 1-2 monthly cycles. Eh, the trouble but I have 3G freedom.

Good luck all.

macdaddy121
Jul 26, 2008, 08:37 PM
Anybody happen to see or hear anything about Lenox Square or Perimeter locations today? Was there a line which iPhones did they have in stock (white, black, 8, 16?).

Are they opening early tomorrow? Any help is appreciated!!

Legends20036
Jul 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
Lenox cut off the line at 11am this morning though my friend that works there said they did have all 3 models in to start the day. The Apple website says all Apple stores in the area will have all 3 models Sunday but who knows.

wronski
Jul 27, 2008, 12:27 AM
I'm going in there tomorrow to pick up a repair; hopefully they have them.

Legends20036
Jul 27, 2008, 06:09 PM
Lenox is now giving out tickets each morning to the people in line that correspond to a particular phone in their stock room and you can return any time that day before 6pm to claim the phone. Talked to the manager and he said they are just trying to cut down on the line that is out in the mall but each morning they will give out tickets for each phone they have in stock.

macdaddy121
Jul 27, 2008, 07:21 PM
Lenox is now giving out tickets each morning to the people in line that correspond to a particular phone in their stock room and you can return any time that day before 6pm to claim the phone. Talked to the manager and he said they are just trying to cut down on the line that is out in the mall but each morning they will give out tickets for each phone they have in stock.

I was in line this morning at Lenox. Got there an hour early and there were about 100+ people in line and quickly growing by the minute. They said they were going to split the line into non-AT&T customers and current AT&T customers. They said they would give out tickets and you would have to come back before 4 PM but they might have changed that to 6PM. I don't see how it will cut down on the line. People are still going to have to wait to get the phone.

Anyway, after waiting about 20 minutes I realized I had to be the primary account holder and not the authorized user. I tried calling AT&T to see if they would make it a co-owned account (me and my wife instead of just her) but they are closed today. I found out about 2 hours later from a friend that all you have to do is have the last 4 of the social. His wife is their primary and he was able to get his with just her last 4 of her social.

Oh well, I will try again next weekend with my wife.

Legends20036
Jul 27, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hmm, they didn't mention the 2 lines but the manager said you have to be back by 6. I know people who have used the last 4 digits of the account holders social and my friend who works at Lenox said they aren't supposed to let people do that but some employees do it and some won't.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 30, 2008, 07:34 AM
First in line for the iPhone at 454am this morning at Perimeter Mall. Goto the mall entrance between Macy's and Maggiano's Little Italy.

Dude...are you serious? 4:45am? Were you the first one there?

wronski
Jul 30, 2008, 12:29 PM
4:45? I got to Lenox at 10:00 on Monday and got mine in no time.

macdaddy121
Jul 30, 2008, 12:45 PM
I got to Lenox at 7:15 yesterday and was 23rd in line. I was able to leave around 9:50 and it looks like their were only about 25 people left in line. It might be a good idea to get there around 10:30 or so after the early line has purchased and left.

wronski
Jul 30, 2008, 02:20 PM
They do hand out vouchers though so the line might be slightly deceiving. Getting there around 9 or 10 will pretty much guarantee you a phone. They've been out (of vouchers) by 12 almost everyday.

Ninja Guidan
Jul 30, 2008, 03:02 PM
They do hand out vouchers though so the line might be slightly deceiving. Getting there around 9 or 10 will pretty much guarantee you a phone. They've been out (of vouchers) by 12 almost everyday.

Yeah...the new system has been throwing off my plans. I got mine last week at lunchtime. I need to get one for my wife and with the new system, they have no vouchers when lunch rolls around. Looks like I'll have to wait until Saturday morning.

Chukystar
Aug 30, 2008, 06:50 PM
hi,

could you please tell me where i can ind two iphone without contract o back with them in belgium next week?:apple::apple:

Macman756
Jun 8, 2009, 08:28 PM
Anybody gonna wait out at Lenox Mall store on June 19th? Me and a few friends were thinking about, how does the upgrade work now? Any need to wait out a few hours early?

swordsman24
Jun 14, 2009, 10:11 AM
Did my pre-order the other night at the Mac store at North Point. (I was already there picking up something for a friend so I just did it in the store.) Thinking about going early Friday morning so I can do the launch day experience again. Here is hoping that the OS 3 launch on Wednesday helps smooth out the process in the store on Friday. (Especially after last year.)

I'm going to pick up at the store so I can hopefully get some advise on issues with switching out the Sims (since I'll be getting the new phone and my wife wants my old one). I'm hoping I won't loose any apps or anything, but we'll see on Friday I guess.

Good luck everyone, and here is to a smoother launch in 2009.

hueyproductions
Jun 18, 2009, 11:16 AM
I'll probably go to Cobb Pkwy ATT tomorrow morning like I did last year. Wondering what time I should get there - I got there about 30-45 minutes before they opened last time and was the 2nd to last person to get a phone... don't want to cut it that close this time, but not sure if there will be the same crowd. Better safe than sorry, I guess...

hueyproductions
Jun 18, 2009, 12:56 PM
FYI - just went to ATT Cobb Pkwy and spoke with the manager about protocol for tomorrow AM. He says from 7-9AM they'll be dealing with only people who have pre-ordered, whose phones came in a separate shipment from the phones they got for the launch. He said he expects a line around the block like last year. If they get done with the pre-orders before 9, they'll start taking people first-come, first-serve who didn't place pre-orders. Even if they're not done with pre-orders, however, they'll start taking non-pre-orders at 9. I'm thinking about showing up between 5 and 6 for a spot.

phonewentwest
Jun 18, 2009, 09:17 PM
anyone know if there are people at lenox yet? and does anyone know how bad it was last year on launch day?

Macman756
Jun 18, 2009, 09:49 PM
anyone know if there are people at lenox yet? and does anyone know how bad it was last year on launch day?

Nobody yet, though that was at 8PM. I'm going tomorrow morning. I just reserved one, we'll see.

phonewentwest
Jun 18, 2009, 09:54 PM
i may try like mid morning...maybe the lines will have worked themselves through by then... if not i'll just go buy a razr! lol

opticalserenity
Jun 18, 2009, 11:55 PM
Anyone going to Perimeter? If so, let's all wear something green (follow #iranelection on twitter to see why) so we can all see the macrumors crowd.

FYI, I'm @iparham on twitter.

lnc8582
Jun 19, 2009, 01:35 AM
Was thinking Perimeter too. It was fairly late into the evening when we bought our 1st gen on launch day and there was plenty of stock. Think they'll be that busy? Probably couldn't get there until 6:30PM or so.

opticalserenity
Jun 19, 2009, 01:51 AM
Was thinking Perimeter too. It was fairly late into the evening when we bought our 1st gen on launch day and there was plenty of stock. Think they'll be that busy? Probably couldn't get there until 6:30PM or so.

Last year, it was super busy....we got there at 0800 and were in line till about 1400...

lnc8582
Jun 19, 2009, 02:10 AM
Well, I dunno then. It was super busy for 1st gen but we went to CPK for dinner then came back to a fairly normal store. I was thinking it might not be too bad because I wouldn't think most current 3G owners would jump on this release. I'll add ur Twitter and perhaps get an idea. What time were you thinking of heading over there?

opticalserenity
Jun 19, 2009, 05:17 AM
At perimeter mall and there are probably about 30 in line now at 0616.

Legends20036
Jun 19, 2009, 06:03 AM
I'll probably go to Cobb Pkwy ATT tomorrow morning like I did last year. Wondering what time I should get there - I got there about 30-45 minutes before they opened last time and was the 2nd to last person to get a phone... don't want to cut it that close this time, but not sure if there will be the same crowd. Better safe than sorry, I guess...

Anyone know how this line is going? I was there last year as well, got in line around 6am and got one of the last 16gb 3G phones (only had white left) but am not in such a hurry this year.

Legends20036
Jun 19, 2009, 06:41 AM
Anyone know how this line is going? I was there last year as well, got in line around 6am and got one of the last 16gb 3G phones (only had white left) but am not in such a hurry this year.

Well to answer my own question, the line is nothing compared to last year. It doesn't even go past the end of the store so I would say 20-30 people. Then there is the pre-order line that is about 15 people right now and they are servicing them only at the moment. I am not actually waiting in line but my office looks right at the store so if anyone needs line updates let me know!

phonewentwest
Jun 19, 2009, 06:54 AM
anyone have recent info from lenox mall apple store?

Anteros23
Jun 19, 2009, 09:12 AM
Well to answer my own question, the line is nothing compared to last year. It doesn't even go past the end of the store so I would say 20-30 people. Then there is the pre-order line that is about 15 people right now and they are servicing them only at the moment. I am not actually waiting in line but my office looks right at the store so if anyone needs line updates let me know!

How is the non-preorder line at Cumberland looking now?

NewtypeCJ
Jun 19, 2009, 11:39 AM
anyone have recent info from lenox mall apple store?

Would like to know as well. Thinking about going over there after work. :)

Legends20036
Jun 19, 2009, 02:29 PM
Would like to know as well. Thinking about going over there after work. :)

Sorry for just now responding! Around 10 I couldn't take looking at the store anymore so I went over and bought one and have been in meetings since. When I left around 11 there was 4 people in line (I only had to wait for about 20 minutes for the 5 people in front of me) and they were still saying an average wait of 15-20 minutes. As for stock, they had just done a count when I left and they were nearly out of white 16s and 32s but had "plenty" of black in both sizes left. Someone asked if they thought they would sell out today and she said at their current pace of selling they thought they would run out by the end of the day but it would be close.

Hope this helps a little and that I don't say this and have them already be out right now! I am looking at the store and still see a few people outside so I assume they aren't out yet.

Macman756
Jun 15, 2010, 08:44 AM
Reviving this, anyone reserved for Lenox Mall? I went there last year, worked really well. Any fellow MR gonna be there?

reguy3
Jun 15, 2010, 11:12 PM
Reviving this, anyone reserved for Lenox Mall? I went there last year, worked really well. Any fellow MR gonna be there?

Yep! After trying all day, I finally got it to work this evening, right before they sold out. :D

Dysfnctnl85
Jun 16, 2010, 08:47 AM
I've got one reserved at Lenox. I don't plan on taking off work early to go and get it unless I hear reports that the lines are ridiculous!

villager990
Jun 16, 2010, 10:46 PM
I've got one reserved at Lenox, I was planning on going early in the morning. Anyone know what time they open?

boshii
Jun 16, 2010, 10:52 PM
I reserved at Lenox as a backup.

My main reservation is at BestBuy in Hiram. I'm #10 and #11 so I may not need to make the drive to Lenox :)

Kev052683
Jun 17, 2010, 10:33 AM
I'll be at the Perimeter store on the 24th. Anyone have any ideas on if the mall is open for you to get to the store, or do you just wait outside until they open the store?

vailfiregirl
Jun 17, 2010, 02:16 PM
I'll be at Lenox on the 24th. I plan on getting there at or before 7am. Hopefully the line won't be as bad as it was two years ago and I can make it to work.

The Apple store is opening at 7. The mall doesn't open until 10 technically, but I think they open for mall walkers before that.

jameskk
Jun 17, 2010, 02:46 PM
I am planning to camp out at the mall of Georgia next Wed night. I live in SC and didn't pre order. I don't want to chance not getting one and I learned when the 3G went on sale that the larger Apple stores get plenty of stock.

Does anyone know if they will be letting folks camp out inside the mall of GA?

Julien
Jun 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
I have mine reserved at Perimeter Mall and my email says open at 7AM. Just looked on the Perimeter Mall site and it says the mall doesn't open until 10AM. How does this work since there is no outside entrance to the Apple store?:confused:

fmiddleton
Jun 20, 2010, 12:04 PM
Along the same lines (ha!) as previous posts from last year - if you've done a pre-order, do you have to wait in the long line, or is there a separate one for the pre-orders? How does that protocol work? I've only ever done the long arduous line in the past.

myishap
Jun 20, 2010, 09:57 PM
What entrance do we go to for Perimeter or Lenox?

Adisah
Jun 20, 2010, 10:43 PM
What entrance do we go to for Perimeter or Lenox?

http://www.perimetermall.com/directory

http://www.simon.com/mall/tenantdetail.aspx?id=207&tid=17991&let=g
"click center map" on the right.

Plan it out on the map I guess.