PDA

View Full Version : Columbus, OH - Easton Town Center

Npalettas
Jun 14, 2008, 08:43 PM
It's that time of year again.

SteveBachochin
Jun 14, 2008, 09:05 PM
I am very pleased with the updates. The 3G network follows me all the up to Marysville. I am planning on going to the AT&T Store on Sawmill. Less traffic there, better parking, and much shorter distance. Last year they provided beverages, were fast, organized, and courteous.

adamlg9876
Jun 14, 2008, 10:36 PM
When does the line start!?

Npalettas
Jun 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
Depends on the release time of course. Chances are steve is going to have them close down, before reopening around 6 again this year, but your guess is really as good as mine at this point. The in-store activation is sure to make things a bit interesting...

iphonematt
Jun 15, 2008, 11:09 AM
I'll be at Easton on July 11! I will be at the Apple Store at about 1PM. I get off work at noon- dang! I will be there as fast as i can.

Npalettas
Jun 16, 2008, 12:06 AM
That'll be plenty of time, I'm sure. I'd be surprised if we didn't see an evening launch again.

bmwguy80
Jun 16, 2008, 06:09 AM
I'm trying to decide if I want to go to the Apple Store this time or just hit the AT&T store again. I wonder if there will be a line all the way back through that corridor next to the Apple Store again.

barcode252
Jun 16, 2008, 09:58 AM
I was there last time at about 10am and i'll be there about the same this time. Last time apple provided smartwater all day and some of the restaurants delivered food so it really wasnt bad.

I think the highlight for me was when people would ask "what are you in line for?" We had some very creative answers going.

Xavier
Jun 16, 2008, 01:54 PM
I'll be there!

This is exciting!

iphonematt
Jun 16, 2008, 05:51 PM
It was crazy on June 29 last year! It was crazy for Leopard too and it may even be crazier with iPhone being only $199. I remember people asking about the lines. When we said iPhone, they knew what we were talking about, but at the Leopard launch, people were lost when we said Leopard, the next version of the Mac operating system.. people were confused. AE should just close their store on July 11..lol.. nobody will be able to get to it!

ajones92
Jun 19, 2008, 11:21 PM
It was crazy on June 29 last year! It was crazy for Leopard too and it may even be crazier with iPhone being only $199. I remember people asking about the lines. When we said iPhone, they knew what we were talking about, but at the Leopard launch, people were lost when we said Leopard, the next version of the Mac operating system.. people were confused. AE should just close their store on July 11..lol.. nobody will be able to get to it!

yes, but you also have to take into account that the rate plans are more expensive, so in the long run, the phone isnt any cheaper..idk...do you think getting there at 9am would secure me a phone? (that is, if the phone launches at 6pm)

Xavier
Jun 20, 2008, 08:38 AM
yes, but you also have to take into account that the rate plans are more expensive, so in the long run, the phone isnt any cheaper..idk...do you think getting there at 9am would secure me a phone? (that is, if the phone launches at 6pm)

I would hope. Because I dont want to spend my whole day there and not get the phone :(

barcode252
Jun 20, 2008, 09:10 AM
I think it was 12:30 before the line really started picking up last time. I got there at 10 and there were under 30 people there. They havent said much about how many iphones they are going to release but i expect they have more this time around. After the last launch they still had them in stock the next morning and the line was a few hundred people long.

Wingnut330
Jun 23, 2008, 12:35 PM
Hey all!

I'm new to this Apple thing and have never stood in line for anything like this before. Maybe I should take the day off! I was planning to go to the ATT store on Polaris Parkway, but maybe the Apple Store would be more fun.

Do you guys bring chairs? Does Easton security give you any trouble?

barcode252
Jun 23, 2008, 12:50 PM
Hey all!

I'm new to this Apple thing and have never stood in line for anything like this before. Maybe I should take the day off! I was planning to go to the ATT store on Polaris Parkway, but maybe the Apple Store would be more fun.

Do you guys bring chairs? Does Easton security give you any trouble?

I always like the line better. Apple kept us nicely hydrated bringing us smartwater all day, Pf changs delivered food to the line. We were allowed to setup chairs and they had part of the street fenced so we werent sitting on the sidewalk. Security only made sure we didnt block the other mall customers. There were a few news people there doing stories so you might end up on tv if they do it again. The biggest downside was the weather was a bit warm but easton security made sure that umbrellas were available. Its a large group of mac fans sitting around how bad can it be.....

iphonematt
Jun 23, 2008, 03:28 PM
I will be getting to the Apple Store at about 1. Should I bring a chair? I never have before but i got tired of standing last time.

barcode252
Jun 24, 2008, 09:58 AM
I will be getting to the Apple Store at about 1. Should I bring a chair? I never have before but i got tired of standing last time.

A chair will be alot more comfortable than sitting on the ground for a few hours. The only annoying thing is where to put it when the line starts moving.

RRK
Jun 27, 2008, 08:53 AM
So, since I am in Hilliard, I am in between the AT&T store at Tuttle and the one at Georgesville. Are there big differences between the AT&T stores? Was there anyone in my situation last year?

drewsof07
Jun 27, 2008, 08:59 AM
I'm headed to Portsmouth, seems like it should be less busy for the iPhone :cool:

ajones92
Jun 27, 2008, 12:39 PM
So, since I am in Hilliard, I am in between the AT&T store at Tuttle and the one at Georgesville. Are there big differences between the AT&T stores? Was there anyone in my situation last year?

Yea, Im in Hilliard Too....I think im gonna hit the Tuttle store....The only difference between them is the Georgesville store is much bigger...which means that they could probably activate more phones faster, but i think the Tuttle store should have less line.

RamblinScotzman
Jul 1, 2008, 10:44 AM
Well, now that we know AT&T stores will be selling starting at 8:00 a.m., what do we think the Apple Stores will do?

I don't want to camp out, but I worry that if I just get there at 8:00 a.m. I could be standing there for quite some time.

Any thoughts?

Scott
:apple: Dyin' without my iPhone...

kgarchar
Jul 1, 2008, 10:28 PM
Yea, Im in Hilliard Too....I think im gonna hit the Tuttle store....The only difference between them is the Georgesville store is much bigger...which means that they could probably activate more phones faster, but i think the Tuttle store should have less line.

go to apple, it's seriously 1000x more fun. just ask anyone who waited in 2007.

ajones92
Jul 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
go to apple, it's seriously 1000x more fun. just ask anyone who waited in 2007.

Yea, i wish i could, but im only 16, so i gotta wait up for my dad and he wont go to easton, so im stuck with tuttle

.....o and kgarcher, i go to davidson and that darby prank is still awsome

cyberspastic
Jul 2, 2008, 01:15 PM
I have never stood in line for anything in my life. But I am seriously thinking about spending the night at the Apple Store Thursday night. Am I crazy or are other people going to do the same?

kgarchar
Jul 2, 2008, 03:37 PM
i guess i'll never live that down

Wingnut330
Jul 2, 2008, 04:01 PM
i guess i'll never live that down

It was awesome. Very Funny stuff.

mhop2
Jul 3, 2008, 09:52 AM
I will be at the Tuttle Mall store. My ATT source there says they aren't being told how many they are getting. All they are saying is that they will be getting a "very generous amount".

anyway I will be around to the Apple store by easton, and the two Easton ATT stores handing out free shirts. So if you see some guy throwing shirts into the crowd yell at me that you saw me on macrumors and i'll give you one first. take a picture of someone with this shirt on and upload it to flickr, then post the link on www.buymeaniphone.com there's gonna be a couple contests for those of you who do this.

Besides what else do you have to do while you site. I'm gonna be bored like you are so you might as well participate!

ajones92
Jul 3, 2008, 04:52 PM
I will be at the Tuttle Mall store. My ATT source there says they aren't being told how many they are getting. All they are saying is that they will be getting a "very generous amount".

sweet, I guess I'll see u there.. What time u getting to tuttle? I'll prolly get there around 7:30...I'll b the 16 year old with red hair :cool:

mhop2
Jul 3, 2008, 07:31 PM
i hope you mean 7:30pm on July 10th. Cuz if you plan on getting there a half hr early u will be s.o.l.

ajones92
Jul 3, 2008, 11:04 PM
Not being able to drive makes so I am s.o.l. most of the time. As far as ATT has told me, the stock will be a non-issue, I will be deep in the line for sure, so I will prolly have to wait in line for a long time but I doubt they will sell out.

dave491
Jul 4, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'll be in line at the AT&T store at Easton in hopes that it'll be largely ignored since the Apple Store is only two blocks away. Anyone planning on waiting in line over there?

mtfield
Jul 4, 2008, 02:02 PM
I had planned on going to this small little at&t store in the middle of no where to pick it up, but lo and behold I magically received an apple gift card.. so it looks like easton here i come! haha hopefully they will open their doors at 8 as well... going to be an early morning that day...:rolleyes:

mtfield
Jul 5, 2008, 08:47 PM
I'm trying to talk my gf into coming with me that morning for some early morning company. The problem is she is taking a summer class at capitol uni. and has an exam that morning at 9. I want to leave plenty of room to get her there (say leave easton at 830? as it's a 15min drive) guessing that apple is going to open with at&t 8am on the 11th, what time do you think I would have to get to easton to get in line to make sure that i'm out of apple by 830? Thanks for any guesses.. I know that it is all speculative, but i've never been to an apple launch so i have no idea what to expect.. also i'm currently an at&t customer so i wont have to wait for the background check or anything so it should go smoothly i'd assume/ hope:o

dave491
Jul 5, 2008, 09:47 PM
I'm trying to talk my gf into coming with me that morning for some early morning company. The problem is she is taking a summer class at capitol uni. and has an exam that morning at 9. I want to leave plenty of room to get her there (say leave easton at 830? as it's a 15min drive) guessing that apple is going to open with at&t 8am on the 11th, what time do you think I would have to get to easton to get in line to make sure that i'm out of apple by 830? Thanks for any guesses.. I know that it is all speculative, but i've never been to an apple launch so i have no idea what to expect.. also i'm currently an at&t customer so i wont have to wait for the background check or anything so it should go smoothly i'd assume/ hope:o

An AT&T store would probably be your best bet for getting in and out quickly -- though admittedly not nearly as much fun as far as line-waiting is concerned -- since there'll be less people waiting and likely a higher customer-to-salesperson ratio. I've been in contact with one of AT&T's sales associates (at the Easton store) and it sounds like they're going to have a fairly efficient system for getting people in and out.

But, yeah, definitely not as much fun. :-(

mhop2
Jul 5, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yea Apple has yet to officially announce what time they are opening up but AT&T is opening at 8am so most likely Apple will open at the same time. If you plan on going to an Apple store (especially Easton's) then you will need to be one of the first 5-10 people in line to be out by 8:30. If you wanna get out quick then go to a ATT store no one knows about

mtfield
Jul 5, 2008, 11:01 PM
An AT&T store would probably be your best bet for getting in and out quickly -- though admittedly not nearly as much fun as far as line-waiting is concerned -- since there'll be less people waiting and likely a higher customer-to-salesperson ratio. I've been in contact with one of AT&T's sales associates (at the Easton store) and it sounds like they're going to have a fairly efficient system for getting people in and out.

But, yeah, definitely not as much fun. :-(
Yea the problem besides it not being as much fun is the fact that I have a apple gift card i plan on using to buy the phone (i've been assured i can use it to buy the phone by numerous apple employees)... so at&t isn't really an option... should i just give up the hope of getting her there and just go by myself?

mhop2
Jul 5, 2008, 11:16 PM
Yea either you will have to go by yourself or the both of you will have to go sometime early thursday evening in order to get in and out early on fri

dave491
Jul 6, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yea either you will have to go by yourself or the both of you will have to go sometime early thursday evening in order to get in and out early on fri

Early Thursday evening?! Ack! Will I have to do the same at the Easton AT&T Store?

mhop2
Jul 6, 2008, 02:27 AM
I'm saying you would have to go that early if you want to be one of the first 10-15 in line. you probably wouldn't have to do the same for AT&T stores.

barcode252
Jul 8, 2008, 07:53 AM
So now that 8am seems official when is everybody going to head to the apple store? I've been debating about 3am and ive got 2 people with me.

iBeth
Jul 8, 2008, 02:12 PM
So now that 8am seems official when is everybody going to head to the apple store? I've been debating about 3am and ive got 2 people with me.

I'm debating, too -- I had planned on being there around 4 am but now I am thinking I should camp out...although sitting on concrete for 8 hours or more does not sound fun...

iphonematt
Jul 8, 2008, 04:29 PM
So what time is everybody arriving? I will be there about 6am.

mhop2
Jul 8, 2008, 04:58 PM
3am for me

cwosigns
Jul 8, 2008, 05:46 PM
I'll be in line at the AT&T store at Easton in hopes that it'll be largely ignored since the Apple Store is only two blocks away. Anyone planning on waiting in line over there?

I'm going to head to that store that morning around 6:30 or 7 AM. I'm thinking the line won't be too bad, and in the unlikely event they run out, I can just run over to Easton.

rizzy
Jul 8, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm going to head to that store that morning around 6:30 or 7 AM. I'm thinking the line won't be too bad, and in the unlikely event they run out, I can just run over to Easton.

Where is the AT&T store at Easton? If I remember correctly is it in a little plaza of a couple stores? A Radio Shack right there?

ajones92
Jul 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
4am for me at tuttle :cool:

Npalettas
Jul 9, 2008, 12:54 AM
I called off all of my obligations and the red bull four pack is already picked out. The excitement has already gotten to my head.

Zorn
Jul 9, 2008, 03:17 AM
I'll be heading to the Easton Apple store around 2AM I think.

dave491
Jul 9, 2008, 06:05 AM
Where is the AT&T store at Easton? If I remember correctly is it in a little plaza of a couple stores? A Radio Shack right there?

It's right next to the Starbucks that's in the small plaza that's kinda across from that steakhouse -- I think it's called Logan's or something like that. I don't remember if there's a Radio Shack near it or not. It's not in the actual Easton Town Center, but in one of the small plazas behind Trader Joe's and that hotel. If that makes any sense. :-/

I'm still trying to decide when to show up to wait in line at the AT&T Store. I'm considering 5am, but I don't want to be the only one in line -- that would be really suckily boring. :-P

dave491
Jul 9, 2008, 06:07 AM

I'm going to head over around 5am. Hopefully I won't be the only one in line. If I get word that people are heading over earlier, I'll likely follow suit.

Wingnut330
Jul 9, 2008, 07:55 AM
I'm gonna try 7AM at an ATT store. If they run out then I will head to the Apple Store at Easton. If I have to go to the Apple Store, I will likely go later in the day. I don't think they will sell out - they didn't last year.

barcode252
Jul 9, 2008, 08:04 AM
Has anyone checked with the apple store or easton security? Last year security didnt want people there until 8am but they didnt give anybody who showed up early any trouble from what i remember.

Also if anyone stops by to check the line please post on here the number of people already waiting. I'm hoping to be in the first 30 again since they are expecting a 15 minute activation.

Mantichora
Jul 9, 2008, 01:48 PM
Easton Security most likely will not let anyone stat a line before 3 or 4 in the morning, I may be wrong though.

So who is going to Easton?

How much to "secure" me a place in line with you? Breakfast, movie tickets, Gas Card? LOL

As last year, they will have more than enough phones to go around so no worries there.

Let me know, as kgarchar can tell you, I am very generous. :D

:apple:

RamblinScotzman
Jul 9, 2008, 03:08 PM
So honestly, if I get to Easton around 7:00 a.m. am I going to be screwed? I have never waited in line for something before (I won my first iPhone) so I have no idea what to expect.

Little help for the waiting in line newbie... :D

Wingnut330
Jul 9, 2008, 03:44 PM
So honestly, if I get to Easton around 7:00 a.m. am I going to be screwed? I have never waited in line for something before (I won my first iPhone) so I have no idea what to expect.

Little help for the waiting in line newbie... :D

I'm wondering the same thing. I'd like to get iPhones for my wife and I on Friday, but carting around an 11mo old isn't the easiest thing to do early in the morning! :)

Mantichora
Jul 9, 2008, 04:12 PM
I think there are going to be more phones than they will sell on day one.

Last year they had plenty. I went back on Saturday the 30th and there was no line, no waiting. Walked right in and bought another for my wife. LOL :apple:

OSU-Apple-Fan
Jul 9, 2008, 08:00 PM
So... I have some pretty solid info on the launch...

Looks like Apple is the place to be. AT&T may be more risk. In general, because of the International Launch, supply will be much more constrained. And the price drop will increase demand.

Apple wants to make sure customers aren't disappointed at their stores, so larger quantities expected there (Apple Store). 1 Apple Store in Columbus = tons of phones. Several AT&T stores = diluted quantities.

Long lines are expected. Easton doesn't mind a line... just no tents/sleeping bags, etc. I called them. See you at Midnight (Thursday night). It will be fun. Looks like good weather.

cyberspastic
Jul 9, 2008, 08:14 PM
I spoke to a guy at the apple store today and he said easton security would not let people stand in line the night before. he seemed to be very sure of this. I'm going to try apple first, but I may end up at the the at&t store . . .

OSU-Apple-Fan
Jul 9, 2008, 08:19 PM
Unless it was a manager you spoke with at Apple, he likely had no idea what he was talking about. I know that only 1-2 managers at Apple ever actually communicate with Easton security. I would still suggest getting there VERY early. Or not. Better for me..... ;)

cyberspastic
Jul 9, 2008, 08:31 PM
I will probably get there around seven or eight.

dave491
Jul 10, 2008, 06:01 AM
So who all is planning on showing up at the AT&T store to wait in line and when?

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 07:03 AM
I've been thinking about it and I plan to be at the at&t store at easton before they close at 8 pm. I may stop by apple first though to see what's going on.

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 08:17 AM
Is anyone interested in partnering up with me at the AT&T store? I am planning on being there at 7:30 but I can be flexible. if so let me know here and we can try to connect up and make a plan.

dave491
Jul 10, 2008, 08:44 AM
Is anyone interested in partnering up with me at the AT&T store? I am planning on being there at 7:30 but I can be flexible. if so let me know here and we can try to connect up and make a plan.

Is that 7:30pm? Like, tonight? Because that would be really early. I'd be game, but I can't show up before 10pm.

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 08:54 AM
yes, 7:30. Tonight.

Mantichora
Jul 10, 2008, 09:10 AM
So what's the price for holding a space for me inline at Apple Easton for Friday morning? I can be there about 6:30 to 7:00 AM.

Breakfast, movie tickets, first born daughter, just kidding on the daughter.

Let me know. :apple:

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 09:26 AM
I just called easton. they are going to let people line up overnight, no problems there.

dave491
Jul 10, 2008, 10:24 AM
yes, 7:30. Tonight.

cyberspastic: I sent you a PM with my cell#, but I'm going to see if I can cancel what I have happening tonight and get there earlier.

barcode252
Jul 10, 2008, 10:30 AM
I moved my time up i should be showing up by 1am now. So does anybody have any good entertainment ideas?

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 AM
since easton is letting people line up at apple, I think I may go there instead of the Easton AT&T. I still plan on getting there in the late evening.

mhop2
Jul 10, 2008, 12:14 PM
has anyone drove by an apple or att store yet today? if so post which store and how many people were there so we can help each other out. I'm going to tuttle mall att around 3 or 4am. since its a mall store it shouldn't be too many people there

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 03:28 PM
geez. I talked to someone else at Easton who told me no one will be allowed to line up until 6 a.m. -- so one person told me it was ok, the other said not til 6 in the morning. I am returning to my original plan of going to at&t at easton, as of 4:30 there was no one in line.

dave491
Jul 10, 2008, 04:49 PM
geez. I talked to someone else at Easton who told me no one will be allowed to line up until 6 a.m. -- so one person told me it was ok, the other said not til 6 in the morning. I am returning to my original plan of going to at&t at easton, as of 4:30 there was no one in line.

Crazy -- I drove by it at the same time. My son and I'll be there with you. :-) I'm hoping to get there around 8pm.

cyberspastic
Jul 10, 2008, 04:53 PM
Good - I'll have some company! Maybe we could spot each other for bathroom breaks ...

Also a friend of mine stopped by Apple -- they confirmed no lining up until 6 a.m. -- I don't know how they'll stop people though.

Dfndr90
Jul 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
Just downloaded it and restored the iphone. Will anyone else in line be upgraded?

Dfndr90
Jul 10, 2008, 05:11 PM
Just downloaded it and restored the iphone. Will anyone else in line be upgraded?

iphonematt
Jul 10, 2008, 07:34 PM
I have the 2.0 software on my iPhone. I will hopefully be there around 5:30 am. See yall there!

inkdracula
Jul 10, 2008, 08:50 PM
Anyone reporting live?

SteveBachochin
Jul 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
Only Scott & I are here at the Sawmill AT&T. Store manager stopped by...said about the same number as last year.

Npalettas
Jul 10, 2008, 09:42 PM
Updates welcome. I'm going live here soon!

barcode252
Jul 10, 2008, 10:41 PM
Anyone stop by Easton yet?

SteveBachochin
Jul 10, 2008, 11:23 PM
Tim Hortons next door

mhop2
Jul 10, 2008, 11:51 PM
Post your locations when you are on site at your "camp grounds." at around 3am I'm driving by a few stores based on what I see here to pass out FREE T SHIRTS...

I'm looking to go to Easton's Apple store, Tuttle Mall AT&T store, and wherever else you report from.

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 12:08 AM
I'm first over here at Easton, but having security issues... They say we can't line up until 6am. I'll keep you posted.

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 12:37 AM
No go at Easton. I just got my second warning... 6am it is.

SteveBachochin
Jul 11, 2008, 12:40 AM
Post your locations when you are on site at your "camp grounds." at around 3am I'm driving by a few stores based on what I see here to pass out FREE T SHIRTS...

I'm looking to go to Easton's Apple store, Tuttle Mall AT&T store, and wherever else you report from.
Campers at the 7497 Sawmill Road AT&t store

mhop2
Jul 11, 2008, 01:00 AM
No go at Easton. I just got my second warning... 6am it is.

damn that sux....sleep in ur car til 6? if you are there post where you are and i'll swing by in a few and give u a shirt for braving the elements lol

mhop2
Jul 11, 2008, 01:01 AM
Campers at the 7497 Sawmill Road AT&t store

ok i might stop by there in a few on my way to tuttle. how many of you are there?

SteveBachochin
Jul 11, 2008, 01:12 AM
ok i might stop by there in a few on my way to tuttle. how many of you are there?

I suggest Easton people join us. No security problems. No one knows we are here. Just 2 min. North of 270 ... Across of Maxs and Ermas

alpinestash
Jul 11, 2008, 01:21 AM
Anyone down in Athens AT&T Store?

Headed there at 7am. :D

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 01:38 AM
Thanks for the support. I'm scouting other locations to pass the time. Its a bit of a buzz kill to have the number one spot yanked out from under you.

mhop2
Jul 11, 2008, 01:40 AM
ill stop by sawmill between 3:30-4a

inkdracula
Jul 11, 2008, 02:17 AM
Easton Apple store is having a **** fit. Although the Easton AT&T store is rather quiet, but they are allowing us to form here. We are bored, and want some shirts!

EDIT:

I have heard that cars are circling the Easton Apple store as a sort of "virtual line"...

inkdracula
Jul 11, 2008, 02:36 AM
10TV News is here. I'm not sure who they're affiliated with... CBS?

Everyone let out a huge groan because we don't want to be immortalized on film.

RamblinScotzman
Jul 11, 2008, 03:15 AM
Just got up and getting ready to head out to Easton Apple Store, any updates? Hoping to be there a little before 6 a,m,

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 03:22 AM
I just got asked to leave the apple store again. Where are all the Easton campers hiding out?

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 03:31 AM
I've seen ten to fifteen different people waiting out here with me at the apple store, but we keep getting scattered. Any macrumor readers out here with decent in sight?

EDIT: we got sent to the northwest career center parking lot...

inkdracula
Jul 11, 2008, 03:38 AM
AT&T in Easton at Morse Crossing still only has about 15 people. Although we do have someone who "claims that her brother is the VP of AT&T, and AT&T will only be selling 20 iPhones a day." I can't believe this simply is a lie because of the YouTube video that they had a lot of iPhones wheeling in. But what do we know.

ajones92
Jul 11, 2008, 04:33 AM
there are currently 9 people here at the tuttle att store...got here about 4:30am and am 6th in line

iphonematt
Jul 11, 2008, 04:59 AM
There is more than 75 people are currently in line at the Apple Store at Easton.

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 05:02 AM
First in line at the apple store for the fifth time tonight. Wave if you're out here in front. Always up for a bit of conversation.

mhop2
Jul 11, 2008, 05:19 AM
It's about 6:15a and I'm at tuttle. There's between 20-30 people here so far. I'm 3rd in line.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY PEOPLE AT THE SAWMILL LOCATION!! enjoy the shirts. come to the site.

I tried to pass some out at the easton apple store but no one was lined up because they kicked you all out. hahahaha better luck next time.

iphonematt
Jul 11, 2008, 05:27 AM
Look for a 15 year old in a white shirt with a MBP in front of the iPhone display! In a bright green lawn chair, my name is Matt (obviously).

SteveBachochin
Jul 11, 2008, 05:35 AM
It's about 6:15a and I'm at tuttle. There's between 20-30 people here so far. I'm 3rd in line.

SHOUT OUT TO ALL MY PEOPLE AT THE SAWMILL LOCATION!! enjoy the shirts. come to the site.

I tried to pass some out at the easton apple store but no one was lined up because they kicked you all out. hahahaha better luck next time.
30 people here.
Yahoo ... Been here since 10pm. First in line...ever!
TY for t-shirt!
Where on your web site do we attach our pictures?

cwosigns
Jul 11, 2008, 05:40 AM
I'm #55 in line or so at Apple. Red St. Louis Cardinals hat, black tee shirt.

iphonematt
Jul 11, 2008, 06:24 AM
Picture from line.

carrjar
Jul 11, 2008, 07:47 AM
Please post if you have successfully activated your iPhone. How did it go? How long did it take? What was your scenario (i.e. switcher, upgrader, etc.) Congrats to the new iPhone owners!

cyberspastic
Jul 11, 2008, 08:04 AM
my iphone was activated at the store but I can't get connected once I plug my phone in and am in itunes. I get a network timeout. I'm thinking this is due to all the people out there trying to do the exact same thing... has anyone been able to get in and sync their phone?

RRK
Jul 11, 2008, 08:13 AM
So are the AT&T stores selling out like others are saying. I was planning on going to the Tuttle store after work.

cyberspastic
Jul 11, 2008, 08:23 AM
the att store at easton only had 40 phones, 20 8 gb, 10 16 gb white and 10 16 gb black. there were far more than 40 people in line.

Npalettas
Jul 11, 2008, 08:37 AM
If you have any abnormalities with your current AT&T plan you have to go to an AT&T store. I don't even know what the deal was with my plan, but nonetheless, being first in line at apple didn't get me a phone. On top, all the AT&T store are either sold out or have incredibly long lines and will be sold out. Looks like im stuck waiting till the AT&T stores get restocked... I wish the rest of you better luck. I sincerely do.

To those of you I met, thanks for the experience and the conversation. The pleasure was entirely mine.

Mantichora
Jul 11, 2008, 08:38 AM
WOW!!!

I was the first activated 3G at Apple/Easton!!!

All went well, less than 10 minutes to get set up and go!

I am syncing with my 17" MBP as I type this.

Now what to do with my old one which was the 3rd sold and activated last year?

mhop2
Jul 11, 2008, 09:36 AM
30 people here.
Yahoo ... Been here since 10pm. First in line...ever!
TY for t-shirt!
Where on your web site do we attach our pictures?

No problem. I enjoyed the convo. its good to know that you all were waiting for me the whole night. lol. anyway read this article and follow the directions here in regards to your pics: http://www.buymeaniphone.com/?p=500

So are the AT&T stores selling out like others are saying. I was planning on going to the Tuttle store after work.

Pretty much all AT&T stores were sold out. I was at Tuttle, they had 40, there were about 65 in line. its gonna be a no go for you until tomorrow at the earliest

slipkidcmh
Jul 11, 2008, 11:14 AM
The campus AT&T store sold out before 11 am. the last person to get one had waited in line for at least 90 minutes. They are taking orders and give a worst case scenario of 7 to 10 days.

kclendaniel
Jul 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
The Grove City and Georgesville AT&T stores were sold out before 11am. Claiming less than 50 phones received. They also are taking orders and quoting 7-10 days. I think I am going to wait until Monday, screw ordering.

RRK
Jul 11, 2008, 12:19 PM
Pretty much all AT&T stores were sold out. I was at Tuttle, they had 40, there were about 65 in line. its gonna be a no go for you until tomorrow at the earliest

I can still go to the Apple store right?

Wingnut330
Jul 11, 2008, 01:00 PM
WOW!!!

I was the first activated 3G at Apple/Easton!!!

All went well, less than 10 minutes to get set up and go!

I am syncing with my 17" MBP as I type this.

Now what to do with my old one which was the 3rd sold and activated last year?

Were you the 'Part the waters!" guy???

mhop2
Jul 11, 2008, 04:39 PM
I can still go to the Apple store right?

yeup

Mantichora
Jul 11, 2008, 07:51 PM
Were you the 'Part the waters!" guy???

Yes, lol, and people did part for the passing. It was a great experience, quick activation, sale all of it.

Came home did the sync and all is well...even did the restore on the old iPhone and now I have to decide what to do with it.

Wingnut330
Jul 11, 2008, 08:54 PM
Yes, lol, and people did part for the passing. It was a great experience, quick activation, sale all of it.

Came home did the sync and all is well...even did the restore on the old iPhone and now I have to decide what to do with it.

That's funny - we all got a kick out of that.

It sounds like you had a MUCH better experience than we had. We got in line at 6:30. We were the ones with the little guy in a stroller and we were exactly 100th in line. We got into the store at 9:30 - so far so good.

The bad news is we didn't leave the store until NOON! And - let me assure you I was prepared. I had followed the iReady check list to a tee including going in to an AT&T store for credit pre-approval - all in order to speed things up.

We got into the store and were assigned our Apple person. We had our phones and were ready to go just as the system took a massive crap. It was 11:30 when they finally came back online and they were able to process our request. Then we were out of there at noon.

All in all we had a blast. Everyone was very nice and had the system not gone down we would have been out of there around 10.

Finally got it activated here at home around 5 and now we're good to go!

rstone3
Jul 12, 2008, 11:53 AM
I just returned from the Easton Apple store - as of just before noon the line was estimated at 1 and 1/2 hours long - the rain coming in may tamp that down a bit. I decided to wait until tomorrow or mid-week and did for the heck of it stop by at the AT&T Sawmill store just in case they had any in stock. Per the AT&T greeter there is no iPhone availability at any Columbus store for at least 7 days, though they will be happy to take your money and have you wait for the phone. Hope this helps someone.

-Bob

ddrouse
Jul 12, 2008, 03:03 PM
I was lucky enough to be around the 50th or so person to get my new shiny 16GB Black iPhone 3G yesterday at the Apple Store in Easton. Unfortunately, Thursday night, I was one of the unlucky people to end up with BRICKED 2G iPhone from the 2.0 early release. I was scheduled at the Genius Bar today, Saturday, at 12:30 pm. Upon arriving around 12:20 pm, there were approximately 75 to 100 people waiting in line for their new iPhone 3G. As I was leaving the store at 12:50, the rain had stopped, and there was still a line, and the Traffic Control Concierge at the door was announcing, "Sorry, we are currently sold out of 16 Black!"

Wingnut330
Jul 12, 2008, 07:04 PM
I was lucky enough to be around the 50th or so person to get my new shiny 16GB Black iPhone 3G yesterday at the Apple Store in Easton. Unfortunately, Thursday night, I was one of the unlucky people to end up with BRICKED 2G iPhone from the 2.0 early release. I was scheduled at the Genius Bar today, Saturday, at 12:30 pm. Upon arriving around 12:20 pm, there were approximately 75 to 100 people waiting in line for their new iPhone 3G. As I was leaving the store at 12:50, the rain had stopped, and there was still a line, and the Traffic Control Concierge at the door was announcing, "Sorry, we are currently sold out of 16 Black!"

Funny - 2 of my friends purchased the LAST black 16GB iPhones last night around 5PM.

Today another friend of mine went to the Apple Store and they were told while in line that they were out of 16GB. At that point a few people stepped of line. Then a few minutes later the Apple folks came out and said they just received another shipment in and had 16GB black phones back in stock.

rstone3
Jul 12, 2008, 09:29 PM
Funny - 2 of my friends purchased the LAST black 16GB iPhones last night around 5PM.

Today another friend of mine went to the Apple Store and they were told while in line that they were out of 16GB. At that point a few people stepped of line. Then a few minutes later the Apple folks came out and said they just received another shipment in and had 16GB black phones back in stock.

Great info. The Apple site 9 pm update indicates they are out of everything for tomorrow (I assume no shipments come in on Sundays but I may be [hope I am] wrong on that). I was looking for a 16 Black and hope to get one this week before going on a vacation to California (where the Apple stores seem to be flush with them, so I guess I may make a stop while there).

BTW Wingnut - hope you are enjoying your Canon XSI as much as I am enjoying mine!

-Bob

Mantichora
Jul 13, 2008, 03:08 PM
That's funny - we all got a kick out of that.

It sounds like you had a MUCH better experience than we had. We got in line at 6:30. We were the ones with the little guy in a stroller and we were exactly 100th in line. We got into the store at 9:30 - so far so good.

The bad news is we didn't leave the store until NOON! And - let me assure you I was prepared. I had followed the iReady check list to a tee including going in to an AT&T store for credit pre-approval - all in order to speed things up.

We got into the store and were assigned our Apple person. We had our phones and were ready to go just as the system took a massive crap. It was 11:30 when they finally came back online and they were able to process our request. Then we were out of there at noon.

All in all we had a blast. Everyone was very nice and had the system not gone down we would have been out of there around 10.

Finally got it activated here at home around 5 and now we're good to go!

Sorry for your issues, I hope all is well now.

I have been really putting mine through its paces this weekend and it is great.

(I think my wife is jealous and wants me to get her one also.)

BTW, sold my original iPhone on eBay to a guy in Hawaii! He was happy and so was I.

Wingnut330
Jul 13, 2008, 03:41 PM
BTW Wingnut - hope you are enjoying your Canon XSI as much as I am enjoying mine!

-Bob

Hey Bob - I am LOVING my XSi. I am new to photography and this is my first dSLR - actually my first nice camera of any kind. I am amazed at the pictures it takes. I have a couple of pretty nice lenses and that helps a lot. The glass seems to make a big difference. The nice thing about better glass is that it appears more forgiving to me. It's faster and gives you more lighting options which helps me a lot. How about you?

PS - I hope you land an iPhone!

Sorry for your issues, I hope all is well now.

I have been really putting mine through its paces this weekend and it is great.

(I think my wife is jealous and wants me to get her one also.)

BTW, sold my original iPhone on eBay to a guy in Hawaii! He was happy and so was I.

I'm loving the new iPhone also. It's my first iPhone and it's amazing. Now MobileMe that's another story...