PDA

View Full Version : Garden State Plaza, NJ

alansmallen
Jun 14, 2008, 08:51 PM
Anyone going to the Apple Store at the Garden State Plaza?

md1626
Jun 14, 2008, 11:39 PM

shvartsies
Jun 15, 2008, 12:46 AM
I'm gonna be the 14 year old with the grin on his face because hes so proud of himself for slaving in a smelly pizza place kitchen for a month to buy that iphone.

Somewhere in october my phone got stolen, and I've been waiting for this bad boy ever since, and now its almost here.

:):)

Too bad I'm headed off to camp the next day.
:mad::mad::mad:

jmike
Jun 15, 2008, 05:47 PM
I'm gonna try to be there early but i've asked many times and the people at apple said they either don't know when it is or one lady actually said she knows but shes not allowed to tell anybody yet...

is anyone going there the night before and camping out?

alansmallen
Jun 16, 2008, 05:22 AM
you could camp out but when the mall closes you g2g. you can be back when it opens. so there is no point.

jmike
Jun 16, 2008, 08:54 AM
not true i've camped out a lot for sneakers over night...but im not gonna do that haha...rumor is that it comes out @ 6 pm? what time r u guys getting there?

alansmallen
Jun 16, 2008, 10:53 AM
if it opens at 6, i'll probably be there at 12 ish.

Churc22
Jun 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
I talked to an employee there and they said what will "most likely" happen is that they will let people line up in the mall overnight outside of the store...that was just a guess of his, though...but if it is, in fact, going on sale at 6PM, I do not see much need for lining up over night...either way, i will be on line a few hours before it goes on sale.

cherry su
Jun 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
maybe; if i'm going then i'll be there an hour before it opens - i'll be the one with a first generation unlocked iPhone :)

last year i waited for the iPhone launch (also at GSP) - it was pretty fun

CoMpX
Jun 18, 2008, 06:00 AM
Im definitely going to an Apple Store July 11th, and it will most likely be this one.

Does anyone know if you have to be 18 in order to sign the AT&T contract? I need to know whether to bring my dad or not.

eclipse525
Jun 18, 2008, 04:59 PM
Why in <insert deity of choice> would you line up overnight or even hours before hand just to get an iPhone. Other than the social aspect which is questionable, I don't know why you just wouldn't wait and go a couple of days later when all is calm and then continue about your day. It's like that stupid Applejacks commercials, "so... why DO you like Applejacks? <response> Cause we just do" Ugh!

alansmallen
Jun 18, 2008, 05:53 PM
Why in <insert deity of choice> would you line up overnight or even hours before hand just to get an iPhone. Other than the social aspect which is questionable, I don't know why you just wouldn't wait and go a couple of days later when all is calm and then continue about your day. It's like that stupid Applejacks commercials, "so... why DO you like Applejacks? <response> Cause we just do" Ugh!

Out of all the meetup threads you could've bashed, you chose good 'ol Garden State Plaza. We care about our Apple....

eclipse525
Jun 19, 2008, 06:31 AM
Out of all the meetup threads you could've bashed, you chose good 'ol Garden State Plaza. We care about our Apple....

It wasn't a bash. It was more of an observation that baffles me. Just can't understand the need to be the "FIRST" to have an object. It's rather silly if you think about it. Also, I too love good ol' Garden State Plaza.

alansmallen
Jun 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
its not about being the first to get it. Its about spending time with people who love the same things you do and experiencing something together.

eclipse525
Jun 19, 2008, 08:34 AM
its not about being the first to get it. Its about spending time with people who love the same things you do and experiencing something together.

Ahhhhh, it's about the "experience", not the product or event. I knew it was about the "experience" but for some reason, no one can explain such simply concept of "the experience." A lesson in life. It's funny how people get so mad when you challenge them. ;-) In any case, I won't be lining up day one to get an iPhone but probably a few days afterwards. I can only imagine what sort of problems are going to crop up with so many activations in one day. Don't want to ruin the "experience" with technical difficulties. LOL! Enjoy!

Churc22
Jun 19, 2008, 10:01 AM

If you want an experience, line up outside the Best Buy there on Black Friday overnight in 0 degree weather...I did it last year and it was actually a good time...but yea, assuming it is coming out at 6:30 PM, I will be at Chilis for lunch and then getting on line.

alansmallen
Jun 19, 2008, 01:32 PM
If you want an experience, line up outside the Best Buy there on Black Friday overnight in 0 degree weather...I did it last year and it was actually a good time...but yea, assuming it is coming out at 6:30 PM, I will be at Chilis for lunch and then getting on line.

doesn't sound like fun. i'll probably make a chillis run or a food court one.

alansmallen
Jun 28, 2008, 09:57 AM
Just found out that I'll be going away until the 25th. So no iPhone launch for me.

shvartsies
Jul 3, 2008, 06:53 PM
Thanks to AT&T deciding to try to screw me over into paying $500 dollars, my hard-earned money is going to Nokia instead, probably just like the majority of the other loyal AT&T customers who stuck by their side when they sucked the big one.

Frozonecold
Jul 3, 2008, 08:13 PM
Does anyone want to go to the Tice's Corner Apple store instead? It is larger and less crowded. Besides, the GSP's parking and traffic is awful. Just like the Palisades.

Penguinwrangler
Jul 8, 2008, 07:31 AM
So now that the launch is at 8am, what time are people getting to the Plaza, and how crowded do we think it's going to be?

jmike
Jul 8, 2008, 11:06 PM
idk mall security said you can go in the mall and go to the front of atnt or apple when u get there...i wnt to go early though

levitynyc
Jul 8, 2008, 11:39 PM
i may go.

Penguinwrangler
Jul 9, 2008, 12:01 AM
I'm thinking I'll scope it out at 5am. Worst case scenario I chill out in a mall for a few hours. Worse things have happened.

jmike
Jul 9, 2008, 12:07 AM
are people going to at&t or apple...i want a free shirt haha...

Macs&Mazdas
Jul 9, 2008, 09:43 AM
You get a free t-shirt if you go to an apple store?

Penguinwrangler
Jul 9, 2008, 01:18 PM
You get a free t-shirt if you go to an apple store?

I have no idea, but I'm getting there early anyway. Has anyone contacted the mall to see if they're going to allow us in to wait in line?

Edit: Nevermind, I just received this e-mail from Westfield:

Hi Ryan,

We will begin letting people in the mall at 7:00a.m. on Friday morning
through Entrance #5, located between Bank of America and Banana
Republic. Security will be present to direct customer to the two stores
and keep the crowd orderly. Please contact me with any other questions.
Thank you for shopping at Westfield Garden State Plaza!

Kimberly Baldy / Regional Assistant Marketing Director
Westfield Garden State Plaza
One Garden State Plaza / Paramus, NJ 07652
T 201.843.2121 / F 201.843.1716 / kbaldy@westfield.com

Penguinwrangler
Jul 10, 2008, 08:20 PM
So is anyone else coming out to the GSP tonight, if so, when?

SilentCrs
Jul 10, 2008, 10:57 PM
So is anyone else coming out to the GSP tonight, if so, when?

There's no need.

In any case, if it was like last time around, you'll be able to head in Saturday morning (yes, wait one day) and pick up one right off the shelf. I was able to get in and out for the original launch in 5 minutes by waiting until the next day, and they had boxes upon boxes of iPhones stacked up.

stylez23
Jul 11, 2008, 06:16 AM
there's about 150 people or so here now

SilentCrs
Jul 11, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yeah, F that. If they do what they did last time, the Apple site will have a page on what stores have stock. Check tomorrow and if it's available, take a drive over. I bet you it'll take less than a half hour.

CoMpX
Jul 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
What's the line like there right now? Anyone know?

vmagg88
Jul 12, 2008, 12:19 AM
i just checked the apple website and it is confirmed that there is stock on both the black and white 16 GB iPhone. so i guess i made the right decision to wait it out a day, and hey, its going to pay off

SilentCrs
Jul 22, 2008, 12:49 PM
i just checked the apple website and it is confirmed that there is stock on both the black and white 16 GB iPhone. so i guess i made the right decision to wait it out a day, and hey, its going to pay off

Pretty much. I was able to purchase mine at 8:30 AM July 12. Was in and out of the store in 5 minutes. No line.

Too bad I left it in the washing machine, though. :( Back to the original iPhone for awhile until my new one comes in.