PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis, MO

gillilandboy
Jun 14, 2008, 09:08 PM
I will be there! This is going to my first camp out for a product. I will going to an Apple store. I don't know if we should go to West County or The Galleria.

E-Mail me or post here.

gillilandboy@gmail.com

chrisjonny
Jun 14, 2008, 09:10 PM
Email me if your gona go to the at&t in wentzvile (whopperisland@yahho.com)

gillilandboy
Jun 14, 2008, 09:28 PM

Sorry wentzvile is a little far for me. I live in Webster Groves and am about 10 minutes away from The Galleria or West County.

Alphadorian
Jun 15, 2008, 05:11 PM
I wouldn't mind going to the Apple Store in West County mall... the store is bigger. How early are you all planning on getting in line?

gillilandboy
Jun 15, 2008, 05:14 PM
If it goes on sale at 6. I was thinking 11am. I don't know if that is to late or to early.

Alphadorian
Jun 15, 2008, 07:04 PM
11 am sounds about right.

gillilandboy
Jun 15, 2008, 09:24 PM
Did you camp out for the first iPhone? I wonder where we are going to wait.

ziggyonice
Jun 16, 2008, 12:44 PM
Yeah, I was at West County for the first one. I don't think the line was as long because of the price, to tell you the truth. But getting there around 1 o'clock put us around 50th in line (which grew to about 200).

There's a video of the iPhone launch at West County here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBJG-i_HJpU).

noriyori
Jun 16, 2008, 01:35 PM
I'll be going to west county on the following saturday.

I waited in line at west county last year. arrived around 1PM and was number 55 in line. and what a waste of time it turned out to be. my dad went to an at&t store that same day at about 6:30PM and when he found they where sold out, went to the west county store after having dinner and picked up two at around 8PM. without waiting in line!

In St. Louis I don't think they will sell out so fast. Even though the price of the first gen possibly cut the amount of people waiting to get one they had more than ample supply and I suspect they will with the 3G as well. They're going for market proliferation with this model and with a launch in 20 countries, I would bet they are sitting on a ***** ton of the 3Gs.

gillilandboy
Jun 16, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah, I was at West County for the first one. I don't think the line was as long because of the price, to tell you the truth. But getting there around 1 o'clock put us around 50th in line (which grew to about 200).

There's a video of the iPhone launch at West County here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBJG-i_HJpU).

Sounds awesome. Are you allowed to bring your laptop? Do you have power and WiFi?

BMP1199
Jun 16, 2008, 04:11 PM
yeah! I live in Chesterfield. I might hit up west county and go to the Apple Store there. I'm not sure if I'm going on launch day yet.

VolceOntra
Jun 16, 2008, 09:31 PM
I'm not eligiable for an upgrade, but want the 3G version. Will anyone here help me out if they have the original?

ziggyonice
Jun 16, 2008, 11:29 PM
Sounds awesome. Are you allowed to bring your laptop? Do you have power and WiFi?

Oh absolutely. If it's anything like it was last year, Apple came around and gave bottles of SmartWater to everybody, and Starbucks and California Pizza Kitchen took orders for people in line. Wifi is broadcast from the Apple Store, so as long as you're not too far down the line, you should be able to get a good signal on your MacBook.

gillilandboy
Jun 18, 2008, 02:23 AM
Oh absolutely. If it's anything like it was last year, Apple came around and gave bottles of SmartWater to everybody, and Starbucks and California Pizza Kitchen took orders for people in line. Wifi is broadcast from the Apple Store, so as long as you're not too far down the line, you should be able to get a good signal on your MacBook.

Sounds like a party! Any source of power so I can plug my Macbook in?

stlbrian
Jun 19, 2008, 11:30 AM
Where are you guys going? I am thinking the Galleria, it is closer, and with 40 shutdown west county is probably going to be the more crowded of the 2. Any ideas on when it will go on sale? I know last time it was 6, do you think that will be the same? Any ideas on how many each store is getting?

Ryanr14
Jun 25, 2008, 01:29 PM
This should be broadcast more, do it over twitter? add me ryanr14 on twitter if you want to organize it through twitter. I'd love to meetup and talk to everyone from the MO area!

http://www.firethecannon.com/2008/06/get-your-link-on-on-my-business-cards-website/

gillilandboy
Jul 3, 2008, 03:08 AM
Well I don't think I am going to wait in line. God only knows what time I would have to get in line if the phone goes on sale at 8am.

ziggyonice
Jul 5, 2008, 01:13 AM
If I remember correctly, the guy who was first in line for iPhone v1.0 got to West County at 5 a.m. (and it didn't go on sale til 6 p.m.)! So if it's going on sale at 8 a.m., and if my math is correct, then the line should start approximately at 7 p.m. on July 10th.

Geez... not sure if I'm willing to do that. And I wonder how that works with the mall, like security-wise and everything? Do you think we'd get stopped by mall security and they'd try to kick people out if they arrive during the middle of the night?

Maybe I'll give 'em a call.

RNSheets
Jul 5, 2008, 06:47 PM
I visited both Apple stores in St.Louis today.

just a silly question here...why is the Galleria store smaller than the West County? Should it be the other way around?

BTW..it was my first time visiting an Apple Store. Impressive for this new Apple user.

Too bad that Columbia doesn't have one, but we are good here though with what we have :)

Have fun on Friday morning whether you go to Galleria or West County :)

RaceTripper
Jul 5, 2008, 07:12 PM
just a silly question here...why is the Galleria store smaller than the West County? Should it be the other way around?...Because ever since the Metro expanded to stop at the Galleria it has gone to hell. My wife won't go there alone at night anymore. Now they have age restrictions on weekends, but it's still dicier than it used to be.

And I won't be waiting in line at all. I'll probably wait a couple days and pick one up when it's sane.

RNSheets
Jul 5, 2008, 07:22 PM
Because ever since the Metro expanded to stop at the Galleria it has gone to hell. My wife won't go there alone at night anymore. Now they have age restrictions on weekends, but it's still dicier than it used to be.

And I won't be waiting in line at all. I'll probably wait a couple days and pick one up when it's sane.

Ahhh..I get you now. :)

I can't make it for the 8'oclock, but I might check after work on Friday. Still undecided on whether to upgrade it or not.

goblues11
Jul 6, 2008, 04:22 PM
I am going to an att around 7 AM

Earlet9
Jul 6, 2008, 05:12 PM
I will be going to the AT&T store in Wentzville. No idea what time yet, but will going up there at like 2 AM at the latest.

flightsimmer
Jul 8, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'll definitely be camping out somewhere in the area, however I don't know exactly where yet....

If I knew that either of the two malls would let campers stay inside, I'd be claiming a stake ASAP. However, since that's still up in the air, I might just get mine from the AT&T store in Fairview Heights to make things easy. The only thing I'm concerned about is the AT&T store drones putting their grubby hands all over my new investment and leaving fingerprints, smudges, and other grime for me to clean up. I KNOW Apple wouldn't let their employees handle anything without a proper hand scrubbing, but then again, I'm still undecided on the Apple stores until I hear if the malls will be open for camping inside.

chrisjonny
Jul 8, 2008, 02:26 AM
I will be going to the AT&T store in Wentzville. No idea what time yet, but will going up there at like 2 AM at the latest.

im gettin there at around 4

jozeppy26
Jul 8, 2008, 07:39 PM
i was first in line at the AT&T store in Richmond Heights. I got there around 8 or 9ish am that morning. I felt like an idiot. I was alone until 12pm. Hope this happens again. Anyone planning on going to this location. It seems everyone waits in line at the apple store in the galleria. People go early there though which is why i'm skipping out on that location.

paulvk
Jul 8, 2008, 09:42 PM
is the one in Richmond heights on Lindbergh Dr?

ziggyonice
Jul 9, 2008, 01:13 AM
If I knew that either of the two malls would let campers stay inside, I'd be claiming a stake ASAP. However, since that's still up in the air... I'm still undecided on the Apple stores until I hear if the malls will be open for camping inside.

I'm not 100% sure about the Galleria, but I've called and spoken to CBL Malls (West County) and the Apple Store there. Here's what they tell me:

West County Mall closes at 9:30 p.m. on Thursday night. Security will ensure the mall is empty of customers, and thus staying past close is NOT an option. After speaking with the Shopping Concierge at CBL, she informs me that the mall opens itself to customers at 7 a.m. This is pretty unrealistic.

So after contacting the Apple Store at West County, they also felt this was pretty unrealistic. Quoting the guy who answered the phone, "I'd suggest just going from door to door until you find one that's unlocked." People have to get inside prior to 5 a.m. (such as employees), so there's definitely a way to get in somewhere... do some searching.

Earlet9
Jul 9, 2008, 01:56 AM
im gettin there at around 4

4 sounds good. I don't know what I'm doing now. I may have to go to the AT&T store in the Valley (Boone's Crossing) now because my mom works down there and she can meet me at 8 and I'm not 18 and all that bull. I live 2 minutes from the Wentzville one though, hopefully I can just go to that one...

flightsimmer
Jul 9, 2008, 05:13 PM
Quoting the guy who answered the phone, "I'd suggest just going from door to door until you find one that's unlocked." People have to get inside prior to 5 a.m. (such as employees), so there's definitely a way to get in somewhere... do some searching.

So.... he's suggesting we basically break in?

I think what I'm going to do is wait it out in front of the AT&T store in Fairview, then if I have bad luck there I'll go to one of the malls afterwards. I don't feel like getting kicked out of the mall or arrested just because I wanted to wait right outside the store.

And as a side note, they are calling for rain around the metro area on Friday, so hopefully it won't start until in the afternoon....

keiths
Jul 9, 2008, 06:18 PM
I just called the Apple store at West County, the guy said the mall opens at 6 am. However I don't know if he really knew because he was kind of like uhhh. I'm planning on getting there between 6 and 7.

I'm going to call again tomorrow morning and see what they say.

What I'm wondering is how many phones they're getting and if they're getting any white phones.

Jarpo
Jul 9, 2008, 11:11 PM
Because ever since the Metro expanded to stop at the Galleria it has gone to hell. My wife won't go there alone at night anymore. Now they have age restrictions on weekends, but it's still dicier than it used to be.

That is hilarious. Reminds me of when I went to Macy's at the Galleria and some rich looking white guy walks up to the saleswoman and mutters "This place really has gone...downhill.." and nods over to a group of black kids. I couldn't help but laugh. :D Anyways....

I will be going to the Apple Store in West County mall. I took the day off work for it which is why I won't be getting there before 7am (I would like to get SOME sleep on my day off). I don't think it will be that big of a rush that they will run out anyways, but I still want one ASAP. :) See you guys there.

iPhonePlaya
Jul 10, 2008, 12:35 PM
anybody going to the att store on lindbergh by south county mall in that target/costco plaza area? i'll prolly be there around 7:00am thats where I got the original iphone on launch

anybody going? i hope not i dont wanna wait in line:) lol j/k

keiths
Jul 10, 2008, 12:47 PM
Just called apple west county again and they confirmed 6 am for the mall opening.

I also heard on the news that there's people waiting at the Galleria already.

RaceTripper
Jul 10, 2008, 12:50 PM
That is hilarious. Reminds me of when I went to Macy's at the Galleria and some rich looking white guy walks up to the saleswoman and mutters "This place really has gone...downhill.." and nods over to a group of black kids. I couldn't help but laugh. :D Anyways....

I will be going to the Apple Store in West County mall. I took the day off work for it which is why I won't be getting there before 7am (I would like to get SOME sleep on my day off). I don't think it will be that big of a rush that they will run out anyways, but I still want one ASAP. :) See you guys there.Well, I just solved my problem of going to the Galleria for the iPhone. I'm not getting one. I just ordered a new car, so spending money on a phone is out until I take delivery and add some mods. My iPhone 2G still works.

Earlet9
Jul 10, 2008, 07:18 PM
Has/is anyone gone to the AT&T Store in Wentzville? What time are people getting there or if you've seen people there already. Where has anyone gone at all today and is anyone waiting yet?

biggsjm
Jul 10, 2008, 08:30 PM
So.... he's suggesting we basically break in?

I think what I'm going to do is wait it out in front of the AT&T store in Fairview, then if I have bad luck there I'll go to one of the malls afterwards. I don't feel like getting kicked out of the mall or arrested just because I wanted to wait right outside the store.

And as a side note, they are calling for rain around the metro area on Friday, so hopefully it won't start until in the afternoon....

So what time are you going to be at Fairview. I am going there as well and was trying to figure out when to go up there.

flightsimmer
Jul 10, 2008, 09:41 PM
Actually getting ready to head there. I'm at west co, and they were clueless as to where we could camp out at, so I say the heck with the malls.... Be at Fairview in about an hour or so to wait.

biggsjm
Jul 10, 2008, 09:56 PM
Actually getting ready to head there. I'm at west co, and they were clueless as to where we could camp out at, so I say the heck with the malls.... Be at Fairview in about an hour or so to wait.

Sounds good. I'll be heading there soon myself.

Thanks!

flightsimmer
Jul 11, 2008, 12:23 AM
LOL! Evidently the fairview cops aren't Apple fans... One just pulled up beside my car and checked my ID to make sure I wasn't a burgler...

Darn MS fanboys.

gillilandboy
Jul 11, 2008, 04:53 AM
Anyone in line right now?

flightsimmer
Jul 11, 2008, 05:02 AM
As of right now, I am first in a line of about 10 over here at the AT&T store in Fairview. The store manager just came up and gave us a case of water to split around between everyone. Hooray for the cops for not pestering me all night.

gillilandboy
Jul 11, 2008, 05:44 AM
Sounds good! Any word on how many phones they have?

Jarpo
Jul 11, 2008, 06:13 AM
My friend & I are about to head to West County Apple Store around 7. Anyone else there yet?

ziggyonice
Jul 11, 2008, 06:21 AM
lol, Yeah... there's probably 50 people here :)

Jarpo
Jul 11, 2008, 08:28 AM
still in Line at west county. Line is moving incredibly slow, and there are a ton of people still in front of and behind me.

flightsimmer
Jul 11, 2008, 08:44 AM
So I'm now at home, without a working phone....

I have my new iPhone 3G (white 16GB), it only took 15 minutes to get everything purchased, but for some reason iTunes decided to die. They sent me home with the phone, inactive through iTunes, and told me to connect it later...

Which you know what this means - AT&T doesn't have to even open the box to let you go with the phone. If iTunes is down, you can supposedly activate it yourself after they enter the SIM and IMEI numbers into their system.

When they opened the doors, there were around 60 people in line, and they wouldn't give estimates on how many phones they had, though I heard after the first 15 or so people got their phone choices made the manager was starting to tell people they were out of certain ones....

noriyori
Jul 11, 2008, 11:22 AM
anyone know about the stock numbers at the west co. store?

I waited last year and they didn't sell out on day one. I was hoping to not wait this time...

gillilandboy
Jul 11, 2008, 11:35 AM
anyone know about the stock numbers at the west co. store?

I waited last year and they didn't sell out on day one. I was hoping to not wait this time...

no idea. I am at the galleria line is moving but slow. They said they have enough I don't know if that is true or not.

The dude just came around and said that the server is down

noriyori
Jul 11, 2008, 11:41 AM
no idea. I am at the galleria line is moving but slow. They said they have enough I don't know if that is true or not.

Thanks for the info. I think with all this hold up I'll wait until tomorrow or sunday. plus I have to go sell my PS3 first:o

I'm also stuck in the update hold up on my current iPhone. constantly getting the unknown error (-4)

yg17
Jul 11, 2008, 05:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Anyone else waiting in line at west county right now?

iPhonePlaya
Jul 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
anybody trying tomorrow morning? west co is out of 16gb black but the galleria isnt. i might get up early and try idk where to go if the mall doesnt open till 10 and they sell at 8

yg17
Jul 12, 2008, 12:48 AM
anybody trying tomorrow morning? west co is out of 16gb black but the galleria isnt. i might get up early and try idk where to go if the mall doesnt open till 10 and they sell at 8

I believe the malls are accommodating the Apple Stores as far as hours go. For example, tonight, WestCo was open until at least 11 while the Apple Store took care of everyone in line. They should be open early tomorrow

yg17
Jul 12, 2008, 05:16 PM
FYI, the WestCo store is out of all iPhones. I ran up there to get a case and asked them and they sold out this morning

bw35
Jul 15, 2008, 12:55 AM
Still haven't been able to find a store in the STL area that has available stock (as of Monday evening). 'Spent a good amount of time calling around and nobody (at&t stores) will give me a straight answer. I live in Edwardsville and do not might driving for a bit to pick one up. 'Really don't want to be "forced" to wait 7-10 business days, but that seems like the only choice at this point. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

gillilandboy
Jul 15, 2008, 01:08 AM
I waited inline 8 hours at the apple store at the galleria.

bw35
Jul 15, 2008, 01:19 AM
I waited inline 8 hours at the apple store at the galleria.

8 hours on launch day, correct? I had other obligations on Friday morning.

'Been checking this at 9pm each evening religiously with no luck.
http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html?state=MO

I'm very frustrated to say the least.

gillilandboy
Jul 15, 2008, 01:42 AM
Yep 8 hours on launch day. Was kinda fun California Pizza Kitchen delivered pizza to people in line.

iPhonePlaya
Jul 16, 2008, 12:55 AM
i wonder when stl apple stores will be instock
i hope soon i'm frustrated with myself for not waking up early launch weekend and trying to get one
im going on vacation hopefully they'll be in stock when i get back in about 2 weeks

bw35
Jul 16, 2008, 01:38 AM
i wonder when stl apple stores will be instock
i hope soon i'm frustrated with myself for not waking up early launch weekend and trying to get one
im going on vacation hopefully they'll be in stock when i get back in about 2 weeks

I'm right with you. I fully understand the notion of supply and demand, but this is just getting ridiculous. STL is a decent market, we shouldn't be dealing with these hold-ups.

'Decided today that Im just gonna wait it out for the next shipment at either Apple Store. I refuse to be put on a wait-list for a smartphone!

alhkim
Jul 16, 2008, 12:14 PM
I just got mine (16 GB black) there 30 minutes ago...2 boxes came in ~10:30 this AM by UPS. Store now has 2 or 3 dozen of each model. By the time I left, there were ~10 people in line. Any word re: West County availability?

yg17
Jul 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
Anyone know if either Apple Stores have the 3G docks in stock yet? They've been out since Friday.

bw35
Jul 16, 2008, 02:19 PM
I just got mine (16 GB black) there 30 minutes ago...2 boxes came in ~10:30 this AM by UPS. Store now has 2 or 3 dozen of each model. By the time I left, there were ~10 people in line. Any word re: West County availability?

Thanks for the info alhkim! Called both stores at lunch around 12:30. Learned a lot about the situation.

The stores did indeed receive "small" (they would not give an actual total) shipments of iphones this morning. By the time I called there were few left and decent lines so once again Im out of luck.

I found out that people have been forming lines every morning regardless if there is a shipment or not. That just blows my mind!

Also(from the apple store workers), the online availability tool through apple.com is only a tally from the stores stock that is left over from that day. Therefore, like today, it apparently won't show when shipments are expected to be delivered.

On a side note, has anyone been able to pick up an iphone from an AT&T store after the initial launch day? Just curious.

yg17
Jul 16, 2008, 07:21 PM
West County is out of all iPhones, and I believe I got the last dock, so if you're looking for one, I'll sell it to you for.....

http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_movies_actors/film_images/Austin_Powers_Mike_Myers_as_Dr_Evil.jpg

ONE HUNDRED BILLION DOLLARS!

iLoveiMacs
Jun 18, 2009, 11:35 PM

I will be there-probably about 2-3AM with my brother. I won't be getting one myself, but my brother will be getting a 3G S, and will be buying ones for my mom and dad. :)

Jarpo
Jun 19, 2009, 06:29 AM
What are the lines like at the Apple stores?