PDA

View Full Version : Orlando, FL

TDPHunter
Jun 14, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'll be at the Apple Store at the Mall in Millennia. July 11th Woot Woot!

Lexoticstylez02
Jun 14, 2008, 11:59 PM
I'll be seeing you there ;)

TDPHunter
Jun 15, 2008, 01:54 AM
sweet, I won't be the only one : P

mtor82
Jun 15, 2008, 06:02 AM
I'll be there too :D bright and early, what time you guys going?

sonofpismo
Jun 15, 2008, 07:47 AM
I'll be there with some others from work.

I am assuming another 6pm launch. I was at Millenia at 6am last year- 5th in line. This time I am hoping not to do that again. Especially when people could walk in later that night and pick one up.

However, I was the first to walk out of the store. The others took longer for some reason. Maybe it would be cool to do that again...

JosephEsquivel
Jun 15, 2008, 08:44 AM
i didnt even know millenia had one....ui always go to florida mall, maybe ill se you guys at millenia then

mtor82
Jun 16, 2008, 01:36 AM
Its just kinda fun to go to the store early and be one of the first in line though :D. Wish some of my friends were getting the iPhone lol

TDPHunter
Jun 16, 2008, 02:05 AM
When does the store open? I know I could just check online lol. So, 6pm?

mtor82
Jun 16, 2008, 11:52 AM
Well the rumor is that it will be a 6pm but Apple hasn't officially released a time yet.

TDPHunter
Jun 19, 2008, 01:53 AM
So, when will you be getting there?

Xenn0X
Jun 19, 2008, 02:00 AM
I'll be at the Apple Store at the Mall in Millennia. July 11th Woot Woot!

i'm heading to florida mall :apple:store, closer for me from davenport.

JosephEsquivel
Jun 19, 2008, 09:48 PM
i'm heading to florida mall :apple:store, closer for me from davenport.

i live in davenport too!

mtor82
Jun 20, 2008, 12:17 AM
So, when will you be getting there?

well idk how early do you think will be good?

TDPHunter
Jun 22, 2008, 10:24 PM
Uh, well I guess we will have to wait and see when they give more details on the exact time the iphone will be available.

Ill check other meetups.

Nicallen63
Jun 23, 2008, 09:46 AM
Ive been hearing 6PM a lot, if that is the case how early is everyone going to show up?

TDPHunter
Jun 23, 2008, 10:37 PM
I would say a couple hours early. You think one would be enough?

Xenn0X
Jun 24, 2008, 05:47 AM
i live in davenport too!
i live normally in the netherlands for for 2 months and the 3rd i'm in my davenport home. so bassicly i only live in us for 4 months a year.
i'm in the netherlands now but not sure i'f i'm in the states on 11th of july.

Ducky21
Jun 30, 2008, 07:34 PM
I'll probably be at the Curry Ford and Chickasaw ATT. Anyone else?

Awaken
Jul 2, 2008, 02:00 AM
Does anyone know what time Mall on Millenia or the Florida Mall opened last year for the the launch?

:apple:

mtor82
Jul 2, 2008, 11:25 PM
Well i went last year but on the 2nd day. But the mall opens earlier than the stores so we were able to go inside the mall before the apple store actually opened. so im sure the mall will let us in at 8am or earlier to form a line in front of the apple store. I'm not really too sure but its an educated guess :D

oh and i forgot to mention which mall im talking about... lol mall at millenia

Awaken
Jul 3, 2008, 12:22 AM
Well i went last year but on the 2nd day. But the mall opens earlier than the stores so we were able to go inside the mall before the apple store actually opened. so im sure the mall will let us in at 8am or earlier to form a line in front of the apple store. I'm not really too sure but its an educated guess :D

oh and i forgot to mention which mall im talking about... lol mall at millenia

Well i just talked to my friend that was in line last year, she said that we was in line at 5am and got let in at 6 something. So who knows.

mtor82
Jul 3, 2008, 11:07 PM
Well i just talked to my friend that was in line last year, she said that we was in line at 5am and got let in at 6 something. So who knows.

Yea so im sure they'll let us in earlier than 8am but we'll have to wait outside the apple store until 8am

Awaken
Jul 3, 2008, 11:33 PM
Yea so im sure they'll let us in earlier than 8am but we'll have to wait outside the apple store until 8am

Well i dont know if I want to drive all the way over their considering I live close to UCF and could easily go to an ATT store. However my much displeasure with ATT service is weighing heavily on my decision to drive to either the Florida Mall or Millenia

Cnasty
Jul 4, 2008, 04:22 AM
Awaken, I also live over by UCF and will be hitting the Waterford ATT.

I have never been to the Apple store and Im thinking it will be packed compared to that ATT location. Not 100% sure though as this is my first iPhone experience and hope they dont sell out!! I work night shift so I will be getting off at 7 and probably be there by 8 am.

Awaken
Jul 4, 2008, 10:13 AM
Awaken, I also live over by UCF and will be hitting the Waterford ATT.

I have never been to the Apple store and Im thinking it will be packed compared to that ATT location. Not 100% sure though as this is my first iPhone experience and hope they dont sell out!! I work night shift so I will be getting off at 7 and probably be there by 8 am.

Apple stores will be pack compared to ATT stores because their are a lot less Apple stores than ATT stores. However from my experience with the ATT stores in Waterford, to put it lightly, they suck, customer service is probably the worst I have experienced at an ATT store. So I am still debating whether or not to go to an Apple store for the customer service but spend money on gas, or suck it up and drive two minutes to ATT and have ****** customer service but no spend all the money on gas.

mtor82
Jul 5, 2008, 01:57 AM
Apple stores will be pack compared to ATT stores because their are a lot less Apple stores than ATT stores. However from my experience with the ATT stores in Waterford, to put it lightly, they suck, customer service is probably the worst I have experienced at an ATT store. So I am still debating whether or not to go to an Apple store for the customer service but spend money on gas, or suck it up and drive two minutes to ATT and have ****** customer service but no spend all the money on gas.

Well the reason i am going to the Apple store at Millenia is because last year when i went to get my version one iphone i went to an At&t store and there was a huge line i was 44th but it turned out they only had 20. So the second day i went to millenia and it turned out they had around 400 iphones and they didn't run out the first day. So just from last years experience i dont wanna risk going to an at&t store with little stock. I know millenia will be packed full of iPhones like last year.

Cnasty
Jul 5, 2008, 03:52 AM
Well the reason i am going to the Apple store at Millenia is because last year when i went to get my version one iphone i went to an At&t store and there was a huge line i was 44th but it turned out they only had 20. So the second day i went to millenia and it turned out they had around 400 iphones and they didn't run out the first day. So just from last years experience i dont wanna risk going to an at&t store with little stock. I know millenia will be packed full of iPhones like last year.

This quote right here makes me want to rethink my strategy then. I work downtown so I can just hope on I4 and head over there after work at 7.

Are they opening at 8 or 10?? What do you need to bring to the Apple store to get all set up?? Do they have access to the ATT files or something to know what everyone is paying and setting everyone up???

Awaken
Jul 5, 2008, 07:23 PM
This quote right here makes me want to rethink my strategy then. I work downtown so I can just hope on I4 and head over there after work at 7.

Are they opening at 8 or 10?? What do you need to bring to the Apple store to get all set up?? Do they have access to the ATT files or something to know what everyone is paying and setting everyone up???

It is rumored that Apple is having a meeting on Monday to decided what time they will open, either normal mall hours or eight like ATT. But again that is just a rumor.

mtor82
Jul 6, 2008, 04:06 AM

well i would say bring everything you would have brought to the AT&T store to the Apple Store and also I read either on Engadget.com or macrumors that they will be using a "unlock only" version of iTunes at both AT&T and the Apple Stores, not really too sure how this works yet.

And also what i said earlier was from last year, it may be different this year but im just not going to risk it.

NickandAbbie
Jul 6, 2008, 06:49 PM
Anyone who was (or wasn't) at the original iPhone release have any ideas on what time it's good to get to the AT&T stores to make sure you get a phone up in the Winter Park area?

Cnasty
Jul 7, 2008, 03:45 AM
I was at the Mall of Millenia today doing some shopping and went in the Apple store and they still had no idea but did mention that same meeting. So hopefully we will hear something today (Monday).

I dont get off until 7am and will be getting there hopefully by 8 depending on traffic from downtown.

Im thinking at worst I will just wait a very long time. I dont think they will be sold out if I am getting there at 8.

Keep telling myself that....:D

Lexoticstylez02
Jul 7, 2008, 10:14 AM
This 8AM launch really sucks! I get off work around 4, hopefully I'll see some of you guys there and most of all.. hopefully there's still some 16GB White left!

Lexoticstylez02
Jul 7, 2008, 10:18 AM
Anyone who was (or wasn't) at the original iPhone release have any ideas on what time it's good to get to the AT&T stores to make sure you get a phone up in the Winter Park area?

I'd get there a few hours early. 5-6AM if you want to be guaranteed an iPhone, you're better off going to an Apple Retail Store. If only the Altamonte Mall Apple Store was open in time :(

I took a drive by the Altamonte Springs AT&T store last year about 3 hours before launch and there was quite a line.. they ran out and I'm sure not everyone there got one. This year will be different because of the 8AM launch on a working day, so def. not as many people.

Awaken
Jul 7, 2008, 11:15 PM
I'd get there a few hours early. 5-6AM if you want to be guaranteed an iPhone, you're better off going to an Apple Retail Store. If only the Altamonte Mall Apple Store was open in time :(

I took a drive by the Altamonte Springs AT&T store last year about 3 hours before launch and there was quite a line.. they ran out and I'm sure not everyone there got one. This year will be different because of the 8AM launch on a working day, so def. not as many people.

That does seem a bit early to get their to me ATT stock is low compared to that of an Apple store so if you really want one make the extra effort to go to an Apple store, their customer service is a lot better than that of ATT hands down. I plan on getting to the Apple store at around 7:30ish Friday. I havent decided if I am going to Florida Mall or Millenia yet. But as for the service I have received in the UCF area it is horrible. Thus my reasoning behind going to Apple.

mtor82
Jul 8, 2008, 12:42 AM
Well yes last year i went to an AT&T store and they ran out quick and i was only 44th in line. But the apple store at millenia had around 400 supposedly and they didn't run out through out the first week or ever i think.

but in this macrumors update at the bottom it says,
"Update: We've heard conflicting tidbits about existing AT&T non-iPhone customers. To avoid confusion and delays, existing AT&T customers who do not currently own an iPhone should probably go an AT&T store (not an Apple Retail Store) on launch day to upgrade to the iPhone 3G. We'll post more updates as we hear them."

You can check out the post here:
http://www.macrumors.com/2008/07/07/iphone-3g-store-displays-demo-units-apple-retail-launch/

hope this helps :D and see you friday!

Cnasty
Jul 8, 2008, 03:23 AM
"Update: We've heard conflicting tidbits about existing AT&T non-iPhone customers. To avoid confusion and delays, existing AT&T customers who do not currently own an iPhone should probably go an AT&T store (not an Apple Retail Store) on launch day to upgrade to the iPhone 3G. We'll post more updates as we hear them."

You can check out the post here:
http://www.macrumors.com/2008/07/07/iphone-3g-store-displays-demo-units-apple-retail-launch/

hope this helps :D and see you friday!

Pffffffffffffffff, forget that!! I am not guaranteed getting one at ATT but a HIGH chance of getting one if I get there at 7 to the Apple Store. So I apologize now to everyone for the "confusion and delay" beforehand. :D

Edit:Well now that I actually read the boards tonight I may be SOL and have to go to an ATT store since my other line on my family plan has a FAN discount. I guess I will wait and see when more info is released.

crazydoctor2b
Jul 8, 2008, 09:48 PM
Last year I was on the ATT store across the street from the altamonte mall, I will either go there, or around UCF area,

the only problem is that this year i have to be at the hospital up until 11 am, i should be either at UCF or across the altamonte mall by 12 noon,

is anybody going there? willing to save me a spot!

TKS guys!

crazydoctor2b
Jul 8, 2008, 09:49 PM
i think they will launch at 6 pm just like last year!

crazydoctor2b
Jul 8, 2008, 09:51 PM

last year they lauched at 6 pm, i got there at 11 am and was number 11 but within 1 hour we had 50 people, and by 6 we had over 100

SpyderFCS
Jul 8, 2008, 11:54 PM
I'll be at Millenia. What time is everyone thinking about getting there for the 8am launch? I'm hoping to get a White 16GB model so I'm sure I'll need to be in the first 50 minimum.

Anyone know how the mall plans on handling this? Letting us line-up in front of the store again like last time? Hopefully...

mc102016
Jul 9, 2008, 06:16 AM
I was thinking of getting to the Mall at Millenia around midnight or so. This will be my first iPhone, so I want to make sure I get one. I don't mind waiting in line that long. Do they let you bring chairs?....Hopefully. I need to get one for my wife as well. Anyone know if you can buy more than one at the Apple Store if you are activating on a Family Plan. I know the AT&T stores have said one per person in line, but I have also read that they are getting only 50-75 phones per store. Apple is supposed to be getting 750 to 1000. So, I figured I would have a better chance of getting 2 at the Apple Store.

Here is my source for those numbers:
http://gizmodo.com/5022653/iphone-3g-definitive-guide-how-to-score-one-this-friday

SpyderFCS
Jul 9, 2008, 07:57 AM
I was thinking of getting to the Mall at Millenia around midnight or so. This will be my first iPhone, so I want to make sure I get one. I don't mind waiting in line that long. Do they let you bring chairs?....Hopefully. I need to get one for my wife as well. Anyone know if you can buy more than one at the Apple Store if you are activating on a Family Plan. I know the AT&T stores have said one per person in line, but I have also read that they are getting only 50-75 phones per store. Apple is supposed to be getting 750 to 1000. So, I figured I would have a better chance of getting 2 at the Apple Store.

Here is my source for those numbers:
http://gizmodo.com/5022653/iphone-3g-definitive-guide-how-to-score-one-this-friday

Midnight seems a little early to me considering that I don't think this launch will be as big among the Apple loyalist like the original launch was. I could be wrong. I'm hoping I don't need to get there anytime before 6ish. We'll see though....

Ryhian
Jul 9, 2008, 08:43 AM
Im most likely going to the AT&T store near Fashion Sq a few hours before opening. Its closer to my job and there are a couple other AT&T stores nearby that will be selling as well if there is somehow a big line.

Worst case I'll just head to the apple store if there are a ton of people at the AT&T stores.

gerginator
Jul 9, 2008, 10:06 AM
For everyone that says that they are going to wait at either Millennia or the Florida Mall, will they let you inside the mall to wait it out (and if so what door will be open that early?)

Or will you all be waiting at different entrances to the mall until they open them at like 7am and then just make a mad rush for the apple store?

Ryhian
Jul 9, 2008, 10:08 AM
Yah thats what im not sure about either. Dont think anyone knows for sure since the stores didnt open until 6pm last year and the mall was already open. Im guessing they're going to have a designated area for the apple store lineup in one of the main entrances of the mall, but still not sure how it will be handled.

Cnasty
Jul 9, 2008, 11:00 AM
Im most likely going to the AT&T store near Fashion Sq a few hours before opening. Its closer to my job and there are a couple other AT&T stores nearby that will be selling as well if there is somehow a big line.

Worst case I'll just head to the apple store if there are a ton of people at the AT&T stores.

I would rather buy from the Apple store but since I have a FAN account, I have to hit up ATT. I am hitting the one at the Waterford plaza and not sure what time to get there. I was thinking 4 or 5 since the stock might be pretty low.
What time do you think is a good time for an ATT store??

Ryhian
Jul 9, 2008, 03:03 PM
Well since the iPhone is a pretty big in the college age range I'm guessing there will be quite a few people going to that store. Im probably heading out to my store around 5-6am. Id probably say to do the same for the waterford store, especially since AT&T stores are getting quite a few less units than apple stores. I have heard even AT&T stores will be getting replenishment's even on Friday night for Saturday.

crazydoctor2b
Jul 9, 2008, 08:25 PM
so the lauch will really be at 8 am?

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 01:51 AM
so the lauch will really be at 8 am?

yes, Apple stores are opening at 8 too. However those of you going to Melliena, according to my friend that works at Apple they will not let you "line up" until around 6:30 or so and will let you in at 8. However that doesnt mean you cant wander around for a while :p

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 03:14 AM
Well since the iPhone is a pretty big in the college age range I'm guessing there will be quite a few people going to that store. Im probably heading out to my store around 5-6am. Id probably say to do the same for the waterford store, especially since AT&T stores are getting quite a few less units than apple stores. I have heard even AT&T stores will be getting replenishment's even on Friday night for Saturday.

Good point about the UCF area. I will head there around 4 or 5 to be safe. I dont have a problem sleeping in the car and then setting alarms every half hour or so. :D

ntnsiv1
Jul 10, 2008, 09:58 AM
yes, Apple stores are opening at 8 too. However those of you going to Melliena, according to my friend that works at Apple they will not let you "line up" until around 6:30 or so and will let you in at 8. However that doesnt mean you cant wander around for a while :p

Awaken: Did you friend from Apple at Millenia give you any idea which door they will be lining up at?

I am sure it will be pretty self explanatory once everyone gets there, but it would be nice to not have to circle around the parking lot. ;)

Ryhian
Jul 10, 2008, 12:17 PM
I might be going earlier than expected. Called the store and they said they had between 50-75. Might try to go around 3-4am.

Nabby
Jul 10, 2008, 02:24 PM
Awaken: Did you friend from Apple at Millenia give you any idea which door they will be lining up at?

I am sure it will be pretty self explanatory once everyone gets there, but it would be nice to not have to circle around the parking lot. ;)

According to the kind folks at the Millenia help desk (for the mall, not Apple) here is the scoop:

1. They won't let you stay on property before "sun-up"
2. You need to be at the main door, which is the one closest to the Apple Store, on the lower floor by the Cheesecake Factory
3. Doors open to the mall at 7:30, doors open to Apple at 8.
4. No word on if Starbucks is opening early :p

ntnsiv1
Jul 10, 2008, 03:09 PM
I might be going earlier than expected. Called the store and they said they had between 50-75. Might try to go around 3-4am.

Called which store? AT&T or one of the Apple stores? I would expect AT&T stores to have such quantities based on what has been published on the net.

ScottNWDW
Jul 10, 2008, 05:15 PM
I will be at the Millenia store first thing in the morning. Seems like most people are going for th 16GB, since this is my first iPhone I am just going for the 8GB.

Ryhian
Jul 10, 2008, 06:04 PM
Called which store? AT&T or one of the Apple stores? I would expect AT&T stores to have such quantities based on what has been published on the net.

AT&T Store on Colonial near fashion sq mall. But yes its no surprise to have between 50-100 at that AT&T Store.

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 06:15 PM

Since your question already has been answered, I shall wish everyone best of luck im still debating if im going to goto FL Mall or Millenia yet. FL mall is closer but also a lot sketcher of a place, OBT and all haha.

Ryhian
Jul 10, 2008, 06:31 PM
Since your question already has been answered, I shall wish everyone best of luck im still debating if im going to goto FL Mall or Millenia yet. FL mall is closer but also a lot sketcher of a place, OBT and all haha.

Haha. Millenia isnt too great of an area either.

gerginator
Jul 10, 2008, 06:49 PM
According to the kind folks at the Millenia help desk (for the mall, not Apple) here is the scoop:

1. They won't let you stay on property before "sun-up"
2. You need to be at the main door, which is the one closest to the Apple Store, on the lower floor by the Cheesecake Factory
3. Doors open to the mall at 7:30, doors open to Apple at 8.
4. No word on if Starbucks is opening early :p

what do you mean they won't let you stay on property before "sun-up"? They won't let us even stand in line outside the mall until dawn? or they just won't let us physically into the mall until then.

When I called the lady at the apple store said that the line would start whenever the first person got there after the mall's closing outside the door of the cheesecake factory and they would let us into the mall at sunrise, but not into the apple store itself until 8:00

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 07:31 PM
AT&T Store on Colonial near fashion sq mall. But yes its no surprise to have between 50-100 at that AT&T Store.

I will swing by the Waterford Lakes ATT store on the way home from work (11p) just to see if anyone is camping. If not, I will be heading back at like 4 or so. If the line is to long, I might hit the one you are talking about.

Where exactly is that if coming from the east side near UCF???

Ryhian
Jul 10, 2008, 07:50 PM
just head down colonial. once you pass 436 it will be just past the best buy on the right in the next strip mall. There is a KFC in the complex.

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
Thank you very much.

I will make that my second option if I get to the Waterford one and there is already a line. Hopefully they get at least 100 for both of us!!

Probably going to be getting there around 4.

accrane
Jul 10, 2008, 08:48 PM
anyone going to at&t across from oviedo marketplace?

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 08:55 PM
I thought about that one as well but Im headed to the Waterford one I think as its closer. What time are you thinking about heading over?

Next Tuesday
Jul 10, 2008, 08:58 PM
I thought about that one as well but Im headed to the Waterford one I think as its closer. What time are you thinking about heading over?

Ill be selling pancakes, bagels and OJ in line at the east colonial store at 430. First come first serve. See you there.

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 09:09 PM
Ill be selling pancakes, bagels and OJ in line at the east colonial store at 430. First come first serve. See you there.

I trust anything you say after your Taco Bell LIE!!!! :D

Next Tuesday
Jul 10, 2008, 09:10 PM
I trust anything you say after your Taco Bell LIE!!!! :D

Cnasty, come on man. Its all in fun.

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 09:15 PM
I know man..hence the little smiley fella joking with ya.

We need to entertain ourselves to keep us under wraps from going iPhone crazy!!! :cool:

accrane
Jul 10, 2008, 09:17 PM

ill probably head over around 7 and see what the line looks like.

crazydoctor2b
Jul 10, 2008, 10:37 PM
I will hit east colonial at 4 am, if too crowded going to the ALTAMONTE MALL

crazydoctor2b
Jul 10, 2008, 10:38 PM
I will hit east colonial at 4 am, if too crowded going to the ALTAMONTE MALL

DARN i am still at work get out at 1 am, maybe i shoud just hang around!

sonofpismo
Jul 10, 2008, 10:47 PM
Is anyone lined up at Millenia yet?

crazydoctor2b
Jul 10, 2008, 10:50 PM
Is anyone lined up at Millenia yet?

dunno, but know that there are people on FLMALL

SpyderFCS
Jul 10, 2008, 11:09 PM
dunno, but know that there are people on FLMALL

really? how many?

Imelayka
Jul 10, 2008, 11:10 PM
LINES IN ORLANDO???
I wonder how many phones they have?:confused:

accrane
Jul 10, 2008, 11:16 PM
just drove by at&t oviedo marketplace(its 12:15am), about 8 people waiting....I think im going to take a nap and go around 4

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 11:27 PM
If it is any consolation for those of you that are worried about lines, Millenia did not sell out last year, however i would like to know if anyone knows about FLMall.

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 11:29 PM
Drove by the Waterford ATT and there were about 3 people there.

I think Ill head over around 2 or 3 and set up shop. Still stuck at work right now though. :mad:

Imelayka
Jul 10, 2008, 11:34 PM
I wonder if i head over around 4:00 tomorrow:confused: can i get one

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 11:37 PM
I wonder if i head over around 4:00 tomorrow:confused: can i get one

All depends on where you go if you want an almost sure bet goto an Apple store. I have not been able to sleep the past two nights because of waiting for the launch and I am absolutely not tired at all. I got 3 hours of sleep last night and was at Warped Tour all day and now I just want my phone :(

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 11:40 PM
All depends on where you go if you want an almost sure bet goto an Apple store. I have not been able to sleep the past two nights because of waiting for the launch and I am absolutely not tired at all. I got 3 hours of sleep last night and was at Warped Tour all day and now I just want my phone :(

I am stuck at work thinking I was getting out at 11. Im thinking about going home,changing,relaxing for a little and then heading out at like 230 or 3.

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 11:42 PM
I am stuck at work thinking I was getting out at 11. Im thinking about going home,changing,relaxing for a little and then heading out at like 230 or 3.

Where are you heading? Im still debating on if to goto Mil or FLA MALL:confused:

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 11:43 PM
Well with all the rumors swirling about the FAN discounts and crap, I think Im heading to ATT to be safe and not wait in a line and be locked out.

Probably the Waterford ATT as I live in the UCF area. I heard there are already 3 or 4 people there.

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 11:45 PM
Well with all the rumors swirling about the FAN discounts and crap, I think Im heading to ATT to be safe and not wait in a line and be locked out.

Probably the Waterford ATT as I live in the UCF area. I heard there are already 3 or 4 people there.

Yeah I wanted to go to an ATT store in Waterford because I too live in the UCF area however the customer service has been horrible lately and I really dont know how buying a phone from ATT and taking it to Apple for service works. Any info on this?

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 11:51 PM
Ive heard there are no problems and it doesnt matter where you buy it. Thats just some of the stuff I have read on here. I am probably going to get the Apple Care once the warranty runs out. Not 100% sure though.

I was all about going to an Apple store but I have the FAN thing and dont want to risk it. So Im stuck going to the ATT store. They can be jerks,but I just want my damn phone.

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 11:53 PM
Ive heard there are no problems and it doesnt matter where you buy it. Thats just some of the stuff I have read on here. I am probably going to get the Apple Care once the warranty runs out. Not 100% sure though.

I was all about going to an Apple store but I have the FAN thing and dont want to risk it. So Im stuck going to the ATT store. They can be jerks,but I just want my damn phone.

Yes yes, as do I. My problem is that I am going to be getting off my parents account when I get the phone however I have to upgrade it on their account first then do a bunch of other run around stuff to get it switched then I have to go back into the ATT store to add the FAN discount I get through my work. Blah all this hassle for a phone ;)

Cnasty
Jul 10, 2008, 11:56 PM
I hear ya.

I havent been this excited for a launch of a product since I got my PS3. Im just hoping that I will be guaranteed to get one if I leave within the next 2 hours or so.

Imelayka
Jul 10, 2008, 11:57 PM

WARPED TOUR!!!Did you see cobra???
I am saving every nickel and dime for the Phone:D

Awaken
Jul 10, 2008, 11:58 PM
I hear ya.

I havent been this excited for a launch of a product since I got my PS3. Im just hoping that I will be guaranteed to get one if I leave within the next 2 hours or so.

Yeah. Im going to nap cant really call what im doing sleep. Maybe get a hour or so in.

accrane
Jul 11, 2008, 12:47 AM
my plan was to sleep from 12 till 3 and then go...cant sleep. Ill probably buy a red bull and head over to oviedo at&t now...

sonofpismo
Jul 11, 2008, 01:19 AM
No updates?

No one bored in line, posting to the forums?

Myeh.

sonofpismo
Jul 11, 2008, 01:47 AM
There is no visible line.

Cnasty
Jul 11, 2008, 02:02 AM
There is no visible line.

Where was this at??? Any at Waterford yet??

Still at work and probably getting off in an hour or 2 still!!!:mad::mad:

Imelayka
Jul 11, 2008, 02:07 AM
Store updates please:eek:

Cnasty
Jul 11, 2008, 02:13 AM
I 2nd that!!! :D

Ryhian
Jul 11, 2008, 03:06 AM
I'm on my way to my location now. Will update when I get there

mc102016
Jul 11, 2008, 03:25 AM
Security is not letting us on the property at Mall at Millenia. They are making us wait across the street at Moe's until 6:30ish. There are about 20 people here now at 4:25 am.

Ryhian
Jul 11, 2008, 03:34 AM
Lol that's lame any other Orlando updates?

Imelayka
Jul 11, 2008, 03:36 AM
Orlando is a big city right?:confused: I hope lots and lots of IPHONES.:p:apple:

Ryhian
Jul 11, 2008, 03:43 AM
there are about 20 people in line at my AT&T store now

gerginator
Jul 11, 2008, 03:43 AM
I just got out of class and am on my way to Millennia. See everybody there!:D:D

Imelayka
Jul 11, 2008, 03:48 AM
Please tell where when you give an update:D

Please and Thank you

Ryhian
Jul 11, 2008, 04:19 AM
I'm at the AT&T store on colonial near fashion sq mall. There are about 30 people here now. Both news 13 and channel 2 are here doing interviews and panning video.

gerginator
Jul 11, 2008, 04:24 AM
although there doesn't appear to be a formal line, there are about 25 people just kind of tailgaiting in the moss parking lot because security won't let us park in the millennia lot until 6:30

Imelayka
Jul 11, 2008, 04:30 AM
although there doesn't appear to be a formal line, there are about 25 people just kind of tailgaiting in the moss parking lot because security won't let us park in the millennia lot until 6:30

Dude that sucks!!

mc102016
Jul 11, 2008, 04:54 AM
There are about 50 people at Mall at Millenia now. Oh sorry, we are at Moe's. Security did come around and confirm that we will be allowed on the property at 6:30. I don't know if they will let us in the building or if we will wait outside.

jwdawso
Jul 11, 2008, 05:26 AM
there's about 110 people in line at millenia. We are now at the mall entrance . The security guard says there are 500. An apple store employee is giving us the requirements.

gerginator
Jul 11, 2008, 05:27 AM
So there is a formal line at milennia now, but the way this transpired was really poorly thought out and is pissing a lot of people off.

They told everyone 6:30 was when we could come over here but at 10 after they started letting the people pulling in to the parking lot stay and get in line, which caused a 'mass exodus' of people from moes just to get in lone behind 20 people who hadn't been here more than 30 seconds.

They are also only letting 10 people in at a time :/

They are out right now going over the rules. Starbucks, smart water and chick-fil-a sandwhiches for everyone!!

Ryhian
Jul 11, 2008, 06:20 AM
Free food and drink rocks!

Im 22nd in line here at the AT&T store. The staff wouldnt say how many they had but said we were really well off.

Island Dog
Jul 11, 2008, 06:23 AM
At AT&T in Kissimmee. About 50 people in line.

Island Dog
Jul 11, 2008, 06:28 AM
Any body at Florida Mall?

suzuki16
Jul 11, 2008, 07:55 AM
Store Update:

AT&T Across from the Oviedo Marketplace
8085 Red Bug Lake Rd Ste 125
Oviedo, FL 32765
(407) 359-3630‎

8:45am - Drove by
Approximately 75 people in line still. The line is still wrapped around the building.

Still not answering their quantities on the phone... if you can get through.

**Also note that the ATT Store that is actually inside of the Oviedo Marketplace Mall is not carrying the new iphone. They have a sign on the door.

Ryhian
Jul 11, 2008, 09:15 AM
Got my phone around 820 at the east colonial AT&T store. Had about 110 people in line by opening. Said they had a lot left to go around so everyone in line should get one.

firewerk
Jul 11, 2008, 09:19 AM
Any idea how Millenia is doing? I don't get out of class until arround 12pm, wondering if i'd have more luck at Millenia or FLMall.

suzuki16
Jul 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
Update:
AT&T store across from the Oviedo Marketplace.

12:00

Sold out. Only doing preorders.

SpyderFCS
Jul 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
Any idea how Millenia is doing? I don't get out of class until arround 12pm, wondering if i'd have more luck at Millenia or FLMall.

I was at Millenia from 6:30 until about 9:40 but had to leave cause of damn work. From 8 to 9:40, I'd say 25 people went in and came out....it was ridiculous. I'm going back in a few hours to check so keep us updated!!

mc102016
Jul 11, 2008, 11:11 AM
I left Mall of Millenia at 9:15. There were about 250 people in line. They are having activation problems. My phones took about 30 minutes to activate. From what I am reading online they are allowing people to take them home and activate them from their own iTunes. As far as supply goes, I asked the apple employee that helped me. He was confident that there are plenty of phones to go around. You may just have to wait a while due to the activation issues.

SpyderFCS
Jul 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
thanks for update. I'm hoping I can go later today and just get the white 16Gb (because I think most people are going with the black).

trauma62
Jul 11, 2008, 11:46 AM
I wish Apple had opened the Altamonte mall store before releasing the new iPhone. I do not feel like geting in line at an ATT store , those guys never know anything, or drive to Millenia from Lake Mary.
I will keep my old iPhone with 2.0 for now.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:
:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

mickeyd26
Jul 11, 2008, 12:22 PM
West Oaks AT&T - @ 720am, had about 50 people in line. My coworker was waiting there, but the manager came out and told them that they only had about 40 iPhones in stock. called around around 1025am and was told that they had a couple left but that the line was still out the door and around the corner. i'm assuming they're sold out by now.

Fowler's Grove AT&T - @ 750am, had about 80-90 people waiting in line. Called around 1045am and they were SOLD OUT. taking direct fulfillment request. was told that they had 70 in stock when they opened.

Millenia Mall: Apple Store - called around 1110am. told that they had a "limited" supply and that they would probably sell out soon. asked about the line, the lady said that she thought there were at LEAST 100+ people still in line.

Florida Mall: Apple Store - friend called at 1130am. told that they had around 150-200 people waiting in line. she didn't ask about stock though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
i reserved my 16gb black version at fowler's grove.

good luck guys and gals! :)

ScottNWDW
Jul 11, 2008, 12:26 PM
I was at Millenia from 6:30 until about 9:40 but had to leave cause of damn work. From 8 to 9:40, I'd say 25 people went in and came out....it was ridiculous. I'm going back in a few hours to check so keep us updated!!

I went to Millenia and was one of those that got there between 8 and 9:40 and left. I only left because an apple employee came down the line stating that if you had a "foundation number" on your account you could not buy an iPhone at Apple, you would have top go to AT&T. Someone asked what a "foundation number was and he said he honestly didn't know but if you call AT&T at 611 they will let you know if you do or not. I did call and that is AT&T's term for discount. I get a discount because of where I work, so I left to go to AT&T. I went to the AT&T on Sandlake Rd.

At AT&T I got there about 9am, and there was about 50 people in line. After waiting a good 2.5 hours they ran out 2 people in front of me. What really makes me mad is that while we were waiting they received another shipment of phones. The manager came out and said they got a new shipment of phones, buit the bad news was that were not selling them until tomorrow. All we could do is order one today and get it tomorrow, or, take a chance and come back tomorrow and get one. If we ordered one, it would come in 7-10 business days.

A lot of people in line were really mad, if they have the stock why couldn't they sell it. "it's just policy" according to the district manager.

On the way home I stopped at another AT&T store (Kirkman/Conroy - which I had no idea was there) and although they did not have any, they were receiving an order from FedEx as I was there and they explained why they could not sell them, still made no sense to me, but said it was a directive from Apple corporate. AT&T stores could only sell XX amount opf iPhones per day. I say, if the stock is there and people are there to buy it then sell it.

I ordered the phone after the guy said that last year the orders were actually coming in the next day or within 2-3 days, not 7-10 business days as the other store said. The salesperson I dealt with said that I will probably have the phone by Monday.

JosephEsquivel
Jul 11, 2008, 12:52 PM
I waited at the florida mall for 4 1/2 hours, got my white 16 gb, tryin to activate it at home now

trauma62
Jul 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
I think Apple is trying to make it look like there is "crisis" of iPhone stock, and is all artificial. I do not believe this iPhone could be selling more than last year's, and I went to Mall of Millenia at 8 pm June 29, same day came out and got one without a sweat.

tranced25
Jul 11, 2008, 02:22 PM
Just called Apple Store Millennia. They said that the line is still VERY long, activations are still VERY slow, and most importantly: They are not sure that stock will accommodate all the people that are already in the line, so heading up there and waiting for hours may be to no avail.

clarnold
Jul 11, 2008, 03:08 PM
Unfortunately I have to go to an AT&T store because I'm eligible for an upgrade in 9 days, so I have to go beg them to override it.

Regardless, are there ANY AT&T stores with phoens left? I've only been to Colonial and Orange ave. (both out).

I'm hoping maybe I can make calls tomorrow morning and pick one up. I really dont' want to wait 7-10 days!

clarnold
Jul 11, 2008, 04:47 PM
So now you can't even call AT&T stores, they just have a recorded message that lets you know that people are having trouble activating their phones and that they should try it later in the day. What does that even solve? Then the call hangs up on you?

What a crock of ****....what kind of customer service is that?