PDA

View Full Version : Dallas, Tx

cmschmidt
Jun 14, 2008, 10:28 PM
Come on Dallas peeps...where you at?

I'll be at the NorthPark mall Apple Store....whole day of work taken off to wait in line. :D

who's with me?

nimbusthegreat
Jun 15, 2008, 10:26 AM
Come on Dallas peeps...where you at?

I'll be at the NorthPark mall Apple Store....whole day of work taken off to wait in line. :D

who's with me?

i might be. what time is the lineup expected to begin? are they allowing people to line up inside the mall (if so, you can bet i'll be where the a/c is!)? if not, i might head to knox henderson or i was even thinking an at&t store since they will probably be less busy.

chism21
Jun 15, 2008, 12:24 PM
yeah, i'll probably be at northpark too. but hm.. not sure what time yet. do yall know when they'll go on sale on the 11th?

andrewlb3
Jun 15, 2008, 04:49 PM
I'm over in rockwall, so while i love the northpark store, it is about 40 minutes away compared to my AT&T store which is about 4 minutes away. so AT&T store wins.. plus it'll probably be less crowded

BradleyGaulden
Jun 15, 2008, 09:30 PM
ill be at the rockwall att store next to the starbucks by I-30!! does anyone know when to anticipate the line starting??

mrph0enix
Jun 15, 2008, 09:59 PM
I live in Waxahachie, there are a few AT&T stores near me but I have a good amount of Apple gift cards so it'll either be the Knox-Henderson or Northpark Apple Store...haven't decided yet.

vtgobbler
Jun 15, 2008, 11:07 PM
Hey,

I'll be in line at the Burleson ATT store. I haven't decided when I should head out yet, but I'll be there. If anyone else is in the area, let me know. I think i'm getting the White one...i think.

thegoldenmackid
Jun 15, 2008, 11:09 PM
I would normally be in a ATT store, no point going to the Apple Store...however, I'll be in Cleveland.

rw3
Jun 16, 2008, 08:56 AM
I'll be at the Willowbend Apple Store....

crdean1
Jun 16, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'll be at the Southlake Apple Store.

Edit: See New Thread for Southlake, TX (Apple Store) (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=501060)

cngrevolution
Jun 16, 2008, 11:44 PM
I'm thinking Willowbend as well. I'm in McKinney so its much closer. :D

prestonez
Jun 18, 2008, 09:57 AM
i'm totally there, but not sure what time to get in line. i know a bunch of my friends want to camp out with a tent and junk. does anyone know if we'll be inside? also, is there any way to know how many phones each store will have?

Bambeezer
Jun 19, 2008, 05:22 PM
Northpark mall!! It's indoors with AC. Can't beat that in TX during July. :D

Madkao
Jun 22, 2008, 12:15 AM
I'll be at North Park Mall around 9am if the launch time is 6pm. If launch is at 9am I guess I have no choice but to camp out the night before, probably right after dinner.

JasonMac
Jul 3, 2008, 10:25 PM
Wish I could make it and broadcast live like we did at last years Leopard event. Oh well I have to work that day and can't make it.

Stoneee
Jul 7, 2008, 01:54 PM
Anyone going to the Hulen at&t store? or the one behind NE mall?
I want the 16gb white one. Not sure when to start lining up

PrinceOfEgypt
Jul 7, 2008, 01:56 PM
willow bend store for me also.

FYI, I started a thread for Willow Bend a few days ago:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=510035

Drumjim85
Jul 7, 2008, 01:57 PM
I'll be at the Willowbend Apple Store....

the willow bend store is the biggest in the Dallas area.... if anyone is concerned about it selling out (I'm not), this might be the best place to go .. .

mrph0enix
Jul 7, 2008, 06:52 PM
What time is everyone going to start lining up?

dgouldin
Jul 9, 2008, 08:33 AM
For any of you early risers waiting in line for the Apple stores to open, you'll be glad to know Pegasus News (http://www.pegasusnews.com) will be there with Dunn Bros. coffee (http://www.dunnbros.com/) to give away. We'll be promoting our new iPhone mobile site (http://m.pegnews.com) and (crosses fingers) application (pending approval from Apple).

Madkao
Jul 9, 2008, 04:45 PM
So whos with me at Northpark. I am planning to be there around 9pm thursday. Looking forward to meeting whoever is interested. I think Apple will have enough for everyone but I just want to make sure ;)

dgouldin
Jul 9, 2008, 04:57 PM
ummm ... you mean like waiting outside the mall? I would expect a security guard to get on your case lest you offend the Neimans customers. And how exactly does a line transfer in an orderly fashion from the mall entrances to the apple store? Are you just going to run like hell when the mall doors open and hope you get there first?

eddi818
Jul 9, 2008, 05:18 PM
ummm ... you mean like waiting outside the mall? I would expect a security guard to get on your case lest you offend the Neimans customers. And how exactly does a line transfer in an orderly fashion from the mall entrances to the apple store? Are you just going to run like hell when the mall doors open and hope you get there first?

Bring a sharpie. whoever gets there first..start numbering the people comes after. Just write the number on their hand.

dgouldin
Jul 9, 2008, 05:27 PM
Bring a sharpie. whoever gets there first..start numbering the people comes after. Just write the number on their hand.

And circle the mall to make sure the people at each entrance are numbered according to their arrival time?

eddi818
Jul 9, 2008, 08:43 PM
And circle the mall to make sure the people at each entrance are numbered according to their arrival time?

willow bend doesn't have that many entrance. alot of entrace are through the department store which are not open till 11....therefore the closest entrance is at the food court. and the mall must know about this..so they already said that they are going to set up the line outside by food court..

GSV
Jul 9, 2008, 09:13 PM
For those of you not that familiar with Northpark, the closest entrance to the Apple store is by the Nordstrom parking garage bus stop.

mrph0enix
Jul 9, 2008, 10:25 PM
Anyone going to the Knox-Henderson store?

rw3
Jul 9, 2008, 11:18 PM
So who all is going to Willow Bend and when are you going to start meeting and what entrance? I'm down to pay someone for their spot in line....maybe even buy their phone.

PrinceOfEgypt
Jul 9, 2008, 11:21 PM
So who all is going to Willow Bend and when are you going to start meeting and what entrance? I'm down to pay someone for their spot in line....maybe even buy their phone.

i'm getting there around 3:30 am.. if you want to buy my spot in line you can pm me and i'll give you my number

Tannerozzy
Jul 11, 2008, 09:14 AM
I'm over in rockwall, so while i love the northpark store, it is about 40 minutes away compared to my AT&T store which is about 4 minutes away. so AT&T store wins.. plus it'll probably be less crowded

hah... less crowded. or so we though. :(

rbredden
Jul 11, 2008, 10:41 AM
inventory update?

TobyMcCann
Jul 11, 2008, 12:30 PM
Any pics of the crowds? Everything sold out yet?

Gakusei
Jul 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
Willowbend was pretty nuts. I got there at 5:45am and was 100th or so in line. Got out of the store at 11:55am to applause (glad to see me leave I guess!). The activation process is so cumbersome, using these terrible Windows Mobile scanners that the staff seems unfamiliar with. The guy who checked me out couldn't get my address to take for several minutes before he realized he was putting it in the Address (2) field instead of the primary one. Also every time they mess up and the address screen doesn't take, they have to have the social security number again. Pretty sure he has mine memorized now. :p

He said they had a ton of stock, but I doubt it really matters since they probably won't even be able to get through that line before the store closes for the night.

GSV
Jul 11, 2008, 02:40 PM
How are things moving at Northpark? I was planning on going there later this evening, but after hearing about all the problems I think I might wait until tomorrow.

Deofol
Jul 11, 2008, 04:25 PM
Willow Bend Apple store as of 3:30PM still has what I guess 400+ people in line.

There were people in line that were still there from the 8:00 opening, and my estimates still had 100+ people in front of them.

SkyRyders90
Jul 12, 2008, 10:08 AM
Drove by knox-henderson today around 9:45 ... about 100 people in line. No idea how fast it was moving.

Stupid bar exam is getting in the way of my getting a 3G. :mad:

xterratop
Jul 13, 2008, 10:49 AM
Anyone going to the Knox-Henderson store?

I just returned from the Knox Apple Store and it was a breeze! I got there 20 minutes before opening (they open at 9am). I sat in the morning sun for only 25 minutes- thanks to the breeze we had, it wasn't all that bad. Then I was in the building. The sales people were very nice. They had black stools in the line when you entered so you didn't have to stand while in line. They also handed out bottled water. A sales person would talk to us about policy regarding ATT and Apple. Some guy behind me had a corporate discount so he called ATT and had to take that off of his account so he could qualify. They finally let me past the black tape and had me meet with a sales person. When he was taking my information he was surprised to see that he had an error on his handheld device. I told him that I thought I saw him press 733 instead of 732 when adding my phone number. Good catch! Anyway, I qualified for the $299 price (16gb black). I was only in the building for 15 minutes and was out of there in a flash. By the time I got out, there was NO line outside!!! I'm sure they'll get more people later today to add to that line.

Overall, I'm happy with the phone. I haven't synced it to my iTunes yet and about to. Just be aware that ATT charges a processing fee of $18 to your next bill. Other than that, I'm happy.

One more thing....don't go to an ATT store. They are so freaking rude and none of them don't have any iPhones. Many of them said, 'we can order you one'. Whatever!

GSV
Jul 13, 2008, 08:38 PM
Northpark had a considerable line again today. Maybe 100 people when I saw it. It's funny, they actually had two lines. One for iPhone people, and another shorter line for non-iPhone customers. I think the wait was 1-2 hours for iPhone people.

DerekS
Jul 14, 2008, 10:03 AM
One more thing....don't go to an ATT store. They are so freaking rude and none of them don't have any iPhones. Many of them said, 'we can order you one'. Whatever!

So, all of them do have phones then?

SkyRyders90
Jul 15, 2008, 09:05 AM
I didn't get to check the inventory tool last night before they turned it off - anyone know if the Knox street store has inventory? Is there a line there?

i-John
Jul 16, 2008, 10:38 AM
I went to the AT&T store in Plano on Friday. Arrived about 5:30am and was about 20th in line.

The Apple activation server crash slowed us down a little. Got in about 8:20am, left about 8:25am with my new iPhone. There were about 100 people after me at opening time.

Tannerozzy
Jul 16, 2008, 12:15 PM
I went to Knox on the first day. The wait wasn't bad, just around 3 hours. Supposedly a pretty short wait for an apple store on launch day.

cmiller2687
Jul 16, 2008, 03:47 PM
If you're in Dallas, hop over to Willow Bend Mall in Plano, and go to the store there (it's indoors, so no hot morning sun). Just get in line about an hour before it opens, making sure the store had inventory listed on the website after 9PM the night before. I was in an out within an hour on Sunday. The line gets HUGE after the store opens, so just get there a tad bit early. Good luck!

PrinceOfEgypt
Jul 16, 2008, 04:43 PM
If you're in Dallas, hop over to Willow Bend Mall in Plano, and go to the store there (it's indoors, so no hot morning sun). Just get in line about an hour before it opens, making sure the store had inventory listed on the website after 9PM the night before. I was in an out within an hour on Sunday. The line gets HUGE after the store opens, so just get there a tad bit early. Good luck!

On Monday, they were all sold out of black 16 gigs so make sure they have the one you want. The line was also 3 hours long by 9 am.

iPhonedHome
Jul 22, 2008, 04:42 PM
Just called the Willow Bend store in Plano and the line is 3 1/2 hours long.

Geeesh!

cngrevolution
Jul 22, 2008, 11:10 PM
Wow I went down to the highland park store on Knox st. waited about 20 min and walked out with a 16gb black iphone.

brasscat
Jun 17, 2009, 09:30 AM
Northpark mall!! It's indoors with AC. Can't beat that in TX during July. :D

It's June!

gwfattwkr
Jun 17, 2009, 05:46 PM
It's June!

their posting was last year, no love for this years model.

strausd
Jun 18, 2009, 08:10 PM
i cant get one til next week but i will be at willow bend tomorrow. if anyone sees a weird lookin tall redheaded kid, thats probably me. feel free to come say hi haha

bumzo1
Jun 18, 2009, 08:35 PM
woo Rockwall AT&T store!

66Replica
Jun 18, 2009, 08:50 PM
Go go Rockwall AT&T store!

Hopefully the employees are less incompetent than usual. :D

bumzo1
Jun 19, 2009, 12:50 AM
Go go Rockwall AT&T store!

Hopefully the employees are less incompetent than usual. :D

haha yeah