PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Roads, VA

timb
Jun 14, 2008, 10:35 PM
MacArthur Center Mall (Norfolk)

I'll be attending.

Last year the line started as soon as they opened; I'd advise being there no later than that.

SteveLV702
Jun 15, 2008, 01:23 AM
I was there last year thats where I got my 1st gen iPhone but now I live in Las Vegas, NV so will be at the AT&T store here as Apple Store is to far to drive....

swingerofbirch
Jun 16, 2008, 07:35 AM
I'm going to be at the Williamsburg, VA AT&T store--not as exciting as being at an Apple Store, I know, but saves an hour or so drive to either Norfolk or Richmond.

Edit: In case there are multiple stores in Williamsburg I am not aware of, I mean the one on Monticello next to the Blue Ridge Mountain Sports Store.

L3X
Jun 16, 2008, 07:57 AM
I'll be going to the AT&T store at Greenbrier. I am not an existing ATT member so I need to create an account, along with my family.

So, I'm going pass on going to McArthur. Also, the line should be less at the ATT stores.

Send me a PM if you will be going to Greenbrier.

timb
Jun 17, 2008, 03:33 AM
I may actually end up at the AT&T store in Chesapeake Square Mall. Last year at 2 PM there were only 10 people lined up.

I work nights, so I'm going to die trying to get to MacArthur early in the morning.

aristobrat
Jun 18, 2008, 01:59 PM
I'll be going to the AT&T store at Greenbrier.
That would be my preference. I work only a mile or so from there, so it'd be super easy to swing by there. My buddy has his $100 iPhone credit still, so we'll probably end up at MacArthur. Blah. :)

Last year the line started as soon as they opened; I'd advise being there no later than that.
I was towards the tail-end of that line. Only took about 30 minutes from the time they reopened until the time I was heading out of the parking garage. If you really have to activate in the stores, not sure I'd be wanting to go at all on launch night. :eek:

Malfoy
Jun 20, 2008, 01:18 PM
I'm thinking about it. Have to check my work schedule.

L3X
Jul 2, 2008, 02:06 PM
Any other peeps from Hampton Roads? Va Bch, Ches, Norfolk, etc?

Nate Dogg
Jul 2, 2008, 10:04 PM
I cant decide if i wanna go to the Apple store or just go to an ATT store:confused:. If I go ATT it will be either Greenbrier or Chesapeake Square.

theunlocker
Jul 3, 2008, 09:00 PM
Hey nate if they release the unsubsidized price can you save me a spot if you go to either AT&T at ches. sq. or macarthur? Christian from suffolk

kjani29
Jul 6, 2008, 07:50 PM
Anyone going to be in Newort News area? There is one AT&T store on Jefferson Avenue near exit/entrance of Rt. 64

palmtreepr1ncs
Jul 8, 2008, 10:06 AM
I wasn't sure if I was going to go to AT&T or Apple, but now that Apple has confirmed they are opening at 8 a.m., I think I am going to Apple since it is closer for me.

The mall opens at 7:30 for mall walkers, hopefully it stays the same Friday so there won't be long lines...unless dumb people decide to make lines in the parking garages or something!

L3X
Jul 9, 2008, 08:44 AM
I'll be at the Greenbrier AT&T. Any others?

theunlocker
Jul 9, 2008, 04:59 PM
im going to hopefully grab one in the morning. wait during the night and have my mom come buy it for me in the morning. (im paying but not 18) if thats not the case hopefully they'll have one left by 7pm

iamalejo
Jul 9, 2008, 06:49 PM
Think I'll be heading to Greenbriar or the one on VB Blvd. Maybe head out there an hour or two before opening. Maybe a little earlier. What time are you all planning to head out?

L3X
Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'll be at Greenbrier by 6am or so.

twhy
Jul 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
Anyone going to be in Newort News area? There is one AT&T store on Jefferson Avenue near exit/entrance of Rt. 64

I'll be at the Newport News store. Not sure what time I'll be out there. It depends on if there is a line. I may head up to Williamsburg. Anyone going to the NN or Williamsburg stores? What time will you be out there?

Thedspeth
Jul 10, 2008, 11:20 AM
I'll be at hilltop in VB at 7AM... Hopefully I won't be too far back in line!

dwwhite
Jul 10, 2008, 01:41 PM
Anyone want to name the place to start the line at MaCarthur Mall?

Apple won't name a door and the Mall Security office says all doors will be open at the same time.

kjani29
Jul 10, 2008, 02:42 PM
I will be in NN ATT on Jefferson, look for Indian guy with mackbook pro+bottle of water n sitting in folding chair :) Hopefully there won't be long line already formed at 7AM...:eek:

Largosmom
Jul 10, 2008, 08:18 PM
I'm going to Macarthur Center Mall. :)

By the way, I stopped by the AT&T store in Newport News this evening to "pre-qualify" for a new account. Gal behind the desk said that they would have to re-run the credit check tomorrow...I said "go-ahead", I'll take my chances. I told her that I was going to Norfolk for the phone and she thought I would have to go back there to activate it. :p Well, we'll see if the pre-qual works as advertised, and now I need to decide on white/black.

Thanks for the info on the 07:30 door opening time. I aim to beat the tunnel traffic if I can so that I can get the phone and get back north in time for some work tomorrow.

theunlocker
Jul 10, 2008, 09:35 PM
Heading out to Ches. sq mall at 12pm see you guys later good luck

theunlocker
Jul 10, 2008, 09:36 PM
Anyone want to name the place to start the line at MaCarthur Mall?

Apple won't name a door and the Mall Security office says all doors will be open at the same time.

Is it the one in front of starbucks on the 2nd floor? does the parking garage open before the mall?

palmtreepr1ncs
Jul 10, 2008, 09:45 PM
Is it the one in front of starbucks on the 2nd floor? does the parking garage open before the mall?

On the website under the "mall walkers" section it says the mall opens at 7:30 and to park in the North Garage and use the doors by the Kay Jewelers on the 1st floor...I'm guessing those will be the only doors that are unlocked then?

I'm going to get there around 7:30....I'm supposed to be at work at 8:30 but at least I only work downtown right by the mall so hopefully it won't take too long!

cbflip2000
Jul 10, 2008, 09:47 PM
Anyone do a spot check in mac Arthur mall? What time is evryone going to the mall u think?

surfer99
Jul 11, 2008, 05:30 AM
ATT Hilltop has a couple people roaming around the doors, maybe 3 to 5 people max.

eeesh2u
Jul 11, 2008, 05:57 AM
I'd estimate to be about 50 people waiting at the mall currently...

surfer99
Jul 11, 2008, 06:06 AM
I'd estimate to be about 50 people waiting at the mall currently...

Wow, I would not of exepected that. Where is everyone waiting?

eeesh2u
Jul 11, 2008, 06:18 AM
Wow, I would not of exepected that. Where is everyone waiting?

Actually they opened the doors at 7 and it was a mad rush in. People were cutting the partitions just to get in front of others, which was disappointing. But there are a 100+ people here now. I wasn't expecting this either, but I think the price is really driving the rush this year.

surfer99
Jul 11, 2008, 06:20 AM
Actually they opened the doors at 7 and it was a mad rush in. People were cutting the partitions just to get in front of others, which was disappointing. But there are a 100+ people here now. I wasn't expecting this either, but I think the price is really driving the rush this year.

That sounds like a good time. I guess I underestimated the area and figured that there would not be much to see or do if I went down there this morning. I guess I missed out.

eeesh2u
Jul 11, 2008, 06:25 AM
On a positive note, Apple is providing Starbucks coffee while in line :)

Apple has told everyone that if they need to look at the phones, decide on a plan, you can go through the side door, but you forfeit your place in line. For those in line, they will ask you which phone and which plan, and assign you to a station.

surfer99
Jul 11, 2008, 06:35 AM
any pictures?

eeesh2u
Jul 11, 2008, 06:40 AM
any pictures?

As of now, I'm about 15 in line, standing practically in front of the apple store (for reference):

surfer99
Jul 11, 2008, 06:59 AM
As of now, I'm about 15 in line, standing practically in front of the apple store (for reference):

Thanks for that. Looks like a good time. Enjoy

flipto
Jul 11, 2008, 01:57 PM
Are there still lines? Is it sold out? I'm planning to go to MacArthur Mall after work at 5 PM.

aristobrat
Jul 11, 2008, 02:28 PM
Are there still lines? Is it sold out? I'm planning to go to MacArthur Mall after work at 5 PM.
At noon, the line wasn't moving because of the issue where the Apple people couldn't pull up customers AT&T info. :(

They're open until 11pm tonight, though. I think a lot of people are going at 5pm, so I'm probably going to call at 9pm and see if they have what I want in stock and then head down...

flipto
Jul 11, 2008, 09:48 PM
I didn't get to go today. I was going to go tomorrow but the iPhone 3G Availability shows that everything is sold out.

aristobrat
Jul 12, 2008, 10:34 AM
I was there at about 9PM and they had everything except 16GB black. Line was just 5-10 people at that point. :)