PDA

View Full Version : Miami, Fl

Pages : [1] 2

ricanloveee
Jun 14, 2008, 10:44 PM
The Falls in Miami... Me and best friend will be there around 9-10am to get OUR iphones :]]

TheMBC
Jun 14, 2008, 11:08 PM
Can't you go to the AT&T store in the Gables? :D But that's okay, IDK if I'll actually be getting it on July 11th, if at all. My current iPhone works pretty well, hm?

deannnnn
Jun 15, 2008, 01:13 AM
I'm planning on going to The Galleria in Ft. Lauderdale... probably just around launch (launch not lunch) time. See what the line's like =)

Dr Lu 2010
Jun 15, 2008, 01:51 AM
gonna be at Aventura Mall after i get out of the hospital ...sold my iphone a couple of days ago..and its already been torture without it :(

ricanloveee
Jun 15, 2008, 10:42 AM
damn you sold it already? =//

WE are going to be at the falls because we'd rather wait at the store there...

skippinjack
Jun 15, 2008, 05:56 PM
I'm gonna go to them all! Because by the time my fat ass gets up, most of them will probably be depleted of their stock! LOL The Galleria is actually where I ended up getting mine on launch day last year (wanted the 8 GB) after hitting up the Apple Store in Aventura, The Falls, Boca Town Center and about 5 other Cingular stores across Palm Beach, Dade and Broward County!

Dr Lu 2010
Jun 15, 2008, 11:50 PM
I'm gonna go to them all! Because by the time my fat ass gets up, most of them will probably be depleted of their stock! LOL The Galleria is actually where I ended up getting mine on launch day last year (wanted the 8 GB) after hitting up the Apple Store in Aventura, The Falls, Boca Town Center and about 5 other Cingular stores across Palm Beach, Dade and Broward County!

DAMN! i hope it isnt that bad this time around!! i honestly think it may be hell with all that activation crap required for each person.. :(

Dr Lu 2010
Jun 15, 2008, 11:52 PM
damn you sold it already? =//

WE are going to be at the falls because we'd rather wait at the store there...

I sold it b4 the WWDC..was expecting the new iphone to be out within the week or 2 at most...not a whole freakin month :mad:

oh well..i bought it for 250 refurbed, sold it for 372 shipped.. its just so tough without it! im already lookin on ebay for cheaper ones to get me by hehe :D

digx
Jun 16, 2008, 01:48 AM
I'll be at The Falls as well

ricanloveee
Jun 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'll be at The Falls as well

cool :]] what time you planning on going?

JZ Wire
Jun 17, 2008, 04:36 AM
I'll also be going to the Falls. Thats where I made the line for the first iPhone and ill be making it again for the second one.
Except ill try to be there a bit earlier so I can get in faster. See ya there! ;)

nismo
Jun 17, 2008, 10:02 PM
anyone else for the galleria? I wonder how packed it will be.

JZ Wire
Jun 20, 2008, 04:49 PM
For those going to the Falls: Do you guys expect the line to be as big as last time or less? Some have said that it might not be as "big" as the first iPhone launch but I think its going to be just as huge maybe even bigger now that they lowered the prices to satisfy those who couldn't buy it last time.
The iphone, lower price, more features.....what do you think? :)

lakaiordie
Jun 21, 2008, 09:33 PM
i'm going to the falls. i'll be there before they open.

ricanloveee
Jun 21, 2008, 09:35 PM
i'm going to the falls. i'll be there before they open.

Is it the same process as last time ?? 6pm is when the iphone will be sold??

Or is it a different time...?

Regardless i'll be there around 10-11... :]]

lakaiordie
Jun 21, 2008, 09:37 PM
Is it the same process as last time ?? 6pm is when the iphone will be sold??

Or is it a different time...?

Regardless i'll be there around 10-11... :]]

i asked today and one of the guys at the genius bar thinks it'll be the same.
i hope not though, that means everyone who works and isnt taking the day off will have time to get there and it'll be even busier. also id rather not wait till 6 lol

ricanloveee
Jun 21, 2008, 09:38 PM
i asked today and one of the guys at the genius bar thinks it'll be the same.
i hope not though, that means everyone who works and isnt taking the day off will have time to get there and it'll be even busier. also id rather not wait till 6 lol

yeah me neither! ugh .. i don't want to wait as long as I did for my first gen :/

hmm.. I wonder when & if we find out.. ?

lakaiordie
Jun 21, 2008, 09:40 PM
probably the week of the 11th.

ricanloveee
Jun 21, 2008, 09:40 PM
probably the week of the 11th.

aah ya, i got you... so your planning on being there before the mall opens?

lakaiordie
Jun 21, 2008, 09:41 PM
aah ya, i got you... so your planning on being there before the mall opens?

yea. if i dont find out any more info before the 11th, i'm just gonna show up before they open and hope for the best.

ricanloveee
Jun 21, 2008, 09:50 PM
yea. if i dont find out any more info before the 11th, i'm just gonna show up before they open and hope for the best.

Agreed! :D smart idea, i am planning actually on doing the same..

Do you think there will be a big line for it ?

lakaiordie
Jun 21, 2008, 09:52 PM
Agreed! :D smart idea, i am planning actually on doing the same..

Do you think there will be a big line for it ?

yea there probably will be a line. i hope its not too big. atleast people wont be camped out, falls security wont let people do that lol.

i just hope the line isnt huge.

ricanloveee
Jun 22, 2008, 12:20 AM
yea there probably will be a line. i hope its not too big. atleast people wont be camped out, falls security wont let people do that lol.

i just hope the line isnt huge.

me neither! but i am going to be there as soon as possible to get something started.. I don't know.. all depends on my mood and how I feel in the aM.. :]:apple:

JZ Wire
Jun 22, 2008, 12:33 AM
Its most likely going to be at the same time. You'll need to get there super early because I got there pretty early last time and the line was already quite long. Good Luck!

iCareMuch
Jun 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
Last year I went to The Falls the day after the iPhone was released, at around 11:30am, walked right in, bought the phone, and left, it all took me no longer than 15 minutes...

I think im going to be doing the same this year around.

JZ Wire
Jun 27, 2008, 11:25 PM
Last year I went to The Falls the day after the iPhone was released, at around 11:30am, walked right in, bought the phone, and left, it all took me no longer than 15 minutes...

I think im going to be doing the same this year around.

You could but then wheres the fun in that? I actually enjoyed myself during the launch of the first iPhone. Meeting new people, all the hype and excitement of the first day, etc. Anyway, the line wasnt that bad. :)

ricanloveee
Jun 30, 2008, 01:25 PM
You could but then wheres the fun in that? I actually enjoyed myself during the launch of the first iPhone. Meeting new people, all the hype and excitement of the first day, etc. Anyway, the line wasnt that bad. :)

lol agreed..
i had fun waiting... but the heat was a killer... Hopefully it's a nicer day.. lol..

hmm. i want it to be out already :D

JZ Wire
Jul 1, 2008, 11:18 PM
lol agreed..
i had fun waiting... but the heat was a killer... Hopefully it's a nicer day.. lol..

hmm. i want it to be out already :D

Actually im more worried about all the rain/storms we've been getting. I rather it be hot than an ugly miserable rainy day. *Fingers crossed*

dj420118
Jul 2, 2008, 04:36 PM
Do you remember if last year the lines were more tolerable at the Apple Store or at other AT&T stores?

ricanloveee
Jul 2, 2008, 05:52 PM
Do you remember if last year the lines were more tolerable at the Apple Store or at other AT&T stores?

I dont know =/ I was in California last year when it came out, and got it back there in cali :]
but im assuming it will be bad at both, but i'd prefer to buy it at the Apple store....

JZ Wire
Jul 2, 2008, 10:56 PM

Well, I went to an Apple store to buy my iphone and the line was pretty long. A friend of mine went to the At&t store in Kendall and said the line wasnt short there either. Id go to the Apple store just because of the experience.
Good luck! :)

Edit:

** Eight more days!!! !!! !!! I keep looking at that darn countdown widget and it drives me nuts.

LARQ1
Jul 4, 2008, 12:43 PM
:D My main concern is going to an Apple store and having to wait there much longer than an ATT store due to the fact that they have to activate the phone before you leave.

Apple stores HAVE NEVER activated for ATT as this will be the 1st Time...It is very different from the first time with the Original IPhone a year ago where it was grab and go... then activate at home via Itunes....

I forsee a very long day.....Anyone agrees?? Comments???:confused:

Where is everyone planning to go? Let's get together and do a potluck !!:)

ricanloveee
Jul 5, 2008, 03:08 AM
:D My main concern is going to an Apple store and having to wait there much longer than an ATT store due to the fact that they have to activate the phone before you leave.

Apple stores HAVE NEVER activated for ATT as this will be the 1st Time...It is very different from the first time with the Original IPhone a year ago where it was grab and go... then activate at home via Itunes....

I forsee a very long day.....Anyone agrees?? Comments???:confused:

Where is everyone planning to go? Let's get together and do a potluck !!:)

Hey! that sounds like a great idea..! like the topic says :) we are waiting at the Falls... :] I can't wait... if apple opens around 8am which is most likely i will be there july 10th around 10-11pm... :]

JZ Wire
Jul 5, 2008, 12:57 PM
Yea, its best to arrive yearly. The earlier your in the earlier your out.
I dont think that the Falls will have any problem with people lining up at the Apple store a little earlier right?
Not the day before obviously but maybe a few hours? Hmmm...

LARQ1
Jul 5, 2008, 10:57 PM
I went to the ATT Store today and was told that they dont know the amount of phones that are going to be available for the sale on Friday. I recommend everyone to go to the ATT Store beforehand and make sure that everything is clear so that you can buy your IPhone when you decide.
As per the store manager, the ATT Reps that usually work in the Kiosks at the different malls will be at the different Apple stores helping out with the Activations on Friday.:)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!!:D

ricanloveee
Jul 6, 2008, 12:45 AM
Yea, its best to arrive yearly. The earlier your in the earlier your out.
I dont think that the Falls will have any problem with people lining up at the Apple store a little earlier right?
Not the day before obviously but maybe a few hours? Hmmm...

i hope the Falls security wont have a problem w/ us arriving early for the iphone.. i mean come on!

but i will be scoping out the place around 11-ishpm.. on the 10th, or around midnight to see whats going on w/ the line situation, and the minute i catch a crowd or people there i will be set in line... or hell me and my friend might even form our own line if we are there first (which is doubtful)
but i will like to be there early so i can just get it in the store activate it , and go home ! :]

SMosher
Jul 6, 2008, 11:48 PM
I'm planning to go to the falls as well.

What I'm going to do is get up at around 5:30 or so... get there around 6:30-7... and i'm hoping that nobody's there yet. :3

if we have to wait till 6pm... then i'll wait outside :D
i'll bring someone to talk to.

JZ Wire
Jul 7, 2008, 07:49 AM
Four more days!!! So close yet so far...

SModher: Sounds pretty much what I was planning on doing. Hopefully we won't see too many people waiting at that time. Then again, never underestimate the power of the iphone. ;)

Ricanloveee: That's a good plan. If you see people lining up the day before and if you get a chance could you post here and give us an early warning? That's if security allows people to stay there after hours but even if they don't I hope they do allow us to get in line early in the morning before everything opens up.

Oh and for those who don't know already, an Apple store will be opening at DadeLand Mall. :D Unfortunately it will not be in time for the iPhone launch.

ricanloveee
Jul 7, 2008, 11:23 AM
Oh and for those who don't know already, an Apple store will be opening at DadeLand Mall. :D Unfortunately it will not be in time for the iPhone launch.

Waiiiiiit, reallllly?

how awesome Dadeland really needs one....

:]

:: this is a longshot, but maybe we should all help each other in line, who ever is more closer to the front we should "meet up" lol... :: ":] just an idea? :p

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 03:08 PM
I will be planning on going to The Apple Store at the Falls Friday. I have never been to a major event as this, so would like if you guys could give me any info, etc.... maybe I can meet up with someone there. Hope to hear back soon. Thanks. JJV

LARQ1
Jul 7, 2008, 03:23 PM
Hello Guys:

Hope everything is well with everyone, and getting your "IPhone 3G Game Plan" ready for Friday...I say we all dress with a Red Shirt / Polo so that we can recognize each other. What do you think???

When is everyone showing up?? I am planning to be there around 2-3am...What about all of you?

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 03:36 PM
That could be an idea. As my post read, Ive never been to a launch like this so not really sure what to expect. Any idea on what its a good time to arrive?
Thanks. :)

ricanloveee
Jul 7, 2008, 04:38 PM
Hello Guys:

Hope everything is well with everyone, and getting your "IPhone 3G Game Plan" ready for Friday...I say we all dress with a Red Shirt / Polo so that we can recognize each other. What do you think???

When is everyone showing up?? I am planning to be there around 2-3am...What about all of you?

I agree
I will be wearing a RED tee shirt tho...

but wear a red shirt and it will be distinct for sure! :]]]

as for the other guy below me, i'd say get there around 4am, but if u wanna experience the fun go at like 12midnight or 1am :]]] i'll be there by then for sure.

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 05:04 PM
Cool, will do.... Thanks buddy! I will wear something red as well. Really looking forward to taking part in this. Heard of anything in regards to going to ATT stores? What would you think would be the latest, and how big do u expect the crowds to be? Where you there last launch?

ricanloveee
Jul 7, 2008, 05:18 PM
Cool, will do.... Thanks buddy! I will wear something red as well. Really looking forward to taking part in this. Heard of anything in regards to going to ATT stores? What would you think would be the latest, and how big do u expect the crowds to be? Where you there last launch?

I wasn't at the falls last year, because I didn't live in miami at the time... but I expect the line to get busy around 2am... or maybe even earlier...!

I'm not too sure you just gotta scope the place out- but i'll be there around 12midnight or 1am...

I'll be wearing a RED TEE shirt :]]

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 05:51 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Im planning on being there around the time u mentioned, u might be there prior to me. Hopefully, the line wont be too long when we arrive, and moves pretty swiftly once the store opens. How many guys are you? Just me here. Btw, u from PR? :)

ricanloveee
Jul 7, 2008, 06:15 PM
Awesome! Thanks for the reply. Im planning on being there around the time u mentioned, u might be there prior to me. Hopefully, the line wont be too long when we arrive, and moves pretty swiftly once the store opens. How many guys are you? Just me here. Btw, u from PR? :)

lol... well me and my friend are supposed to go, but i'll try to get him to wear red aswell :]]

Yes I am from PR.. Rincon ... & you?

do you have aim ?

JZ Wire
Jul 7, 2008, 06:29 PM
Waiiiiiit, reallllly?

how awesome Dadeland really needs one....

:: this is a longshot, but maybe we should all help each other in line, who ever is more closer to the front we should "meet up" lol... :: ":] just an idea? :p

Yup! I always said they needed one there. A bit after you pass Sharper Image they had a section covered up and it read "Apple".
As for wearing red, im not sure if I have a red shirt but ill look so I can fit in with the group hehe. Ill be getting there around 6am-ish so I wont be left too far behind. :)

Hey JJV, would you happen to live in or near Horse Country?

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 07:16 PM
Hey Guys.... Thanks for all your insights. Yeah, Im from PR born in Mayaguez raised in SJ. Im in the Country Walk area, but do know the area of Horse Country. Where are you guys? Ill be there just about btwn you guys, maybe we should plan to all go at the same time? hehe. Searching for red T as well. :)

JZ Wire
Jul 7, 2008, 08:06 PM
A friend of mine lives in Country Walk so ive been in there a few times. Im in Horse Country-WoodGate. If At&t is opening at 8am im guessing so will Apple so its best to be there earlier. Ill look out for the red shirts and see you all there.

GHJN14
Jul 7, 2008, 08:35 PM
Hey everyone... I'm going to the falls for the launch. Going to wear a red shirt as well. See u guys there!

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 08:59 PM
I know exactly where woodgate is. You get to this area often? You guys are all current AT&T cust? Have you guys been to the store for prior check as they have mentioned? Is it required, if you are a current customer? Credit Check, etc.... or is that only if new to AT&T?

zurfboard
Jul 7, 2008, 09:48 PM
I will also try to be there around midnight....not sure about the red shirt but i will try lol...

anyone wanna chat before hand hit me up...
aim: zurfboard
msn: zurfboard@hotmail.com

see ya!
Jorge

LARQ1
Jul 7, 2008, 09:52 PM
:)
Ok... I am also from PR (Bayamon) and I will be wearing a red Polo, after all I was the one with the idea : ) :)

Hoping to be at The Falls around 3am...Any ideas where we can wait over there?? Hopefully the line wont be too long and praying for nice weather and no rain.

Cheers !!!

JZ Wire
Jul 7, 2008, 10:37 PM
I know exactly where woodgate is. You get to this area often? You guys are all current AT&T cust? Have you guys been to the store for prior check as they have mentioned? Is it required, if you are a current customer? Credit Check, etc.... or is that only if new to AT&T?

I dont go there too often but when I can. Ive been with At&t for a while so I dont think I need to go to their store. I think its mostly for new users just to make sure everything is in order. Credit check, number portability, those kinda things you want to get out of the way to make sure you can get the iphone.

I will also try to be there around midnight....not sure about the red shirt but i will try lol...

anyone wanna chat before hand hit me up...
aim: zurfboard
msn: zurfboard@hotmail.com

see ya!
Jorge

Ha! For those who are going the day before, if you guys take you're laptop or have an iphone come and post here and let us know how things are over there.

JJV
Jul 7, 2008, 11:03 PM
Hey Guys, thanks for the awesome replies. Really looking forward to it. Was just wondering about the prior check, to make sure I have everything in order. Ive been with AT&T since they were Bellsouth Mobility, so its been quite a number of years..... Larq, awesome to hear your from PR as well... Mayaguez born here, raised in MIA. JZ, Im planning on getting there around the same time, 2-3, so we should try to meet up there. Im gonna try to contact the store or the falls, and try to get info. Keep you guys posted. Lets keep in contact in the mean time.... Email, JJV0677@yahoo.com

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 01:30 AM
Hey Guys, thanks for the awesome replies. Really looking forward to it.

I am very excited for this...

If you see anyone w/ a red shirt/polo... just go up to them or me, or who ever, and be like MACFORUMS!?

haha :]] i am nervous that one person will be there with a red shirt and i'll go up to him and say MAcforums? and he'll bel ike WTF??!?

so don't be afraid... haha to come up to anyone.. :]

JZ Wire
Jul 8, 2008, 01:56 AM
Almost there! 3 more days.

I was thinking the same thing Ricanloveee. With my luck ill go up to someone wearing a red shirt and mention Macrumors and they wont know what im talking about or thinking: "Who the hell is this guy?"
Well, I think all of us if not most are going early so that should help since there wont be too many people...I hope.

Rican and others who will be there the day before: Are you sure that the Falls will let you stay in the mall? Maybe we should call to be certain? I was just thinking maybe I could go even earlier but im not sure what the Falls will allow.

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 02:11 AM
Rican and others who will be there the day before: Are you sure that the Falls will let you stay in the mall? Maybe we should call to be certain? I was just thinking maybe I could go even earlier but im not sure what the Falls will allow.

Hmmm.. JZ wire:

I'm not too sure, I don't see why they wouldn't allow us... ??? I mean they should expect it, and the entire mall is outdoors, so it's not like people can't walk through randomly.... Hmm

That's a good thought... hmmmm -_- im confused now.. but im sure everything will be okay? hmmmm

desiknow
Jul 8, 2008, 09:26 AM
I agree
I will be wearing a RED tee shirt tho...

but wear a red shirt and it will be distinct for sure! :]]]

as for the other guy below me, i'd say get there around 4am, but if u wanna experience the fun go at like 12midnight or 1am :]]] i'll be there by then for sure.

Can I come too????

I have like 3 red shirts. ;)

I just found this forum. (Orig iphone owner bought on the 3rd day it went on sale)

I have a buddy that works at a mac store. They really are not telling them much. They didn't even know about the 8am thing till yesterday.

I was thinking about leaving my house 'round 5:15 now I am thinking 4.

I normally wouldn't care but right after I am done at Apple I am getting in my car and driving to a DaveM concert in WestPalm.

Its going to be a LoooOOooong day.

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 09:31 AM
Can I come too????

I have like 3 red shirts. ;)

I just found this forum. (Orig iphone owner bought on the 3rd day it went on sale)

I have a buddy that works at a mac store. They really are not telling them much. They didn't even know about the 8am thing till yesterday.

I was thinking about leaving my house 'round 5:15 now I am thinking 4.

I normally wouldn't care but right after I am done at Apple I am getting in my car and driving to a DaveM concert in WestPalm.

Its going to be a LoooOOooong day.

Of course you can come!! duhh its open for anyone... lol

But i do feel your pain on having a long day!

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 10:43 AM
Of course you can come!! duhh its open for anyone... lol

But i do feel your pain on having a long day!

Morning Guys! Sounds like we are getting the group a little larger. Still thinking about the TOA on Friday. Still searching around for a red T. Actually, that was my same thought lastnite, what happens if someone else is wearing red..... lol, pretty weird. Ill try to contact the store or mall for info, but as it was posted here, alot of associates dont know very much info.
Hopefully, we wont be in for a long day.... and all goes smoothly. :)

jeejeebu
Jul 8, 2008, 10:47 AM
Anyone planning on getting one in Miami Beach? I'd rather avoid Lincoln Road, since I figure there will be more of a line at the Apple Store than any of the AT&T stores, but I don't know if the AT&T store on 41st St will be getting any. Are all of them?

bombboy
Jul 8, 2008, 10:50 AM
ATT Store - 137th Ave + 152nd St. SW Rollcall

:cool:

Getting iReady tonight, have to change my iPhone individual plan to a Family Plan so I can add my girlfriend's phone line in without complication before Friday. Then it's just a matter of scooping up the phones and adding the 3G data charge. :)

jeejeebu
Jul 8, 2008, 10:59 AM
Hmm, looking at att.com I think I have to go to the Washington store. Anyone know if the AT&T stores will actually be less crowded or am I being too hopeful? I was thinking I might be able to actually get in to work close to on time. :(

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 10:59 AM
ATT Store - 137th Ave + 152nd St. SW Rollcall

:cool:

Getting iReady tonight, have to change my iPhone individual plan to a Family Plan so I can add my girlfriend's phone line in without complication before Friday. Then it's just a matter of scooping up the phones and adding the 3G data charge. :)

Hey BB... Is the ATT store in Country Walk getting them? I saw ur post of 137ave. n 152st. That very near to my house, and wondered about that store but wasnt sure because of the size. Any info on that store? Get back to me. Where will you be going? :)

jeejeebu
Jul 8, 2008, 11:06 AM
Hey BB... Is the ATT store in Country Walk getting them? I saw ur post of 137ave. n 152st. That very near to my house, and wondered about that store but wasnt sure because of the size. Any info on that store? Get back to me. Where will you be going? :)
http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/iphone/

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 11:31 AM
The Falls UPDATE:
Just spoke with the Apple Store they will open at 8 as the Email says.... and the Mall office told me, that noone will be allowed to line up prior to the store opening. Sorry guys for the news. Time to start updating our plans. Im thinking getting there early, and just waiting in the car..... Not too sure. Any ideas? Keep an eye out for the apple email sent out..... just received mine. :)

Keep me poster with ur thought n ideas.

bombboy
Jul 8, 2008, 11:32 AM

Jeejeebu's link will show you which ATT Stores will be selling the iPhone. Really, it's like last launch, the "main" stores. Country Walk will have them, I spoke with Matt and he doesn't have a number but "expects" 30 phones a day upto the release. I'm going to be going at maybe 3 or 4 am to wait around.

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 11:48 AM
Jeejeebu's link will show you which ATT Stores will be selling the iPhone. Really, it's like last launch, the "main" stores. Country Walk will have them, I spoke with Matt and he doesn't have a number but "expects" 30 phones a day upto the release. I'm going to be going at maybe 3 or 4 am to wait around.

Thanks BB n Jee.... Im thinking on around the same time as well. I think Im pretty iReady! Backed up current iPhone, checked upgrade status.... So no need to go in to the store for anything else, right?

jeejeebu
Jul 8, 2008, 11:50 AM
I think I'm going to go into the AT&T store on Washington tonight and get all iReadied and see if they know how many phones they are getting and if they are expecting line ups to start early. Not sure if they would know or not, but I figure a place where my credit check has already gone through and the people are used to signing up new customers will go faster than the Apple store no matter what. (I am not an early adopter and decided to wait for 2.0 so I don't have to worry about upgrade status or anything.)

desiknow
Jul 8, 2008, 12:05 PM
:eek:

just an idea...

if The Falls security is really going to enforce that couldn't we organize our own line along the sidewalk along the parking lot, you know by Fridays. and 1/2 hour to an hour before we walk the line down to the store.

There are never real issues with day after Thanksgiving sales and Christmas time with people waiting outside of stores for Wii's and Tickle Me Elmo's etc

any other suggestions?

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing. I wonder if ATT will be faster, since this will be a first for the Apple staff. Also, I wonder if ATT will have the same amount of phones on hand as an apple store. Just a question, is a credit check required for current AT&T customers as well? Just wondering, cause if it is I would like to go to the store prior.

jeejeebu
Jul 8, 2008, 01:07 PM
I doubt current customers need a credit check. But here (http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/specials/en/iReady_checklist.pdf) is the PDF ATT put together to make sure you are iReady.

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 01:21 PM
Cool! Thanks Jee! Just checked it out, and from what it states for Current Customer, it doesnt show it, shows only for new customers.... so it seems Im iReady to go. Thanks for that. :)

iMacUser324
Jul 8, 2008, 04:01 PM
Has anyone found out how Aventura Mall will be handling it? Will the mall open its doors early for us?

JZ Wire
Jul 8, 2008, 05:10 PM
I had a feeling that the Falls wasnt going to let anyone line up before but that doesnt mean we cant get there early and make our own line outside of the mall. JJ, I think the credit check is just for new customers if you are already with At&t you should be fine.
Well, let me know what you guys are going to do. I guess I can still arrive early and wait in the parking lot or something. You can catch me on AIM SN - jonniewlker.

Oh and thanks JJ for getting that info for us. :)

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 06:29 PM
I had a feeling that the Falls wasnt going to let anyone line up before but that doesnt mean we cant get there early and make our own line outside of the mall. JJ, I think the credit check is just for new customers if you are already with At&t you should be fine.
Well, let me know what you guys are going to do. I guess I can still arrive early and wait in the parking lot or something. You can catch me on AIM SN - jonniewlker.

JZ, U bet buddy..... Not a problem. I will check back with them later in the week if i get a chance, just to the get the updated info and will post. I was thinking the same thing, arriving early waiting in the car and just kill time till it becomes busier, to make sure we reserve out spot in line. Hopefully, will be one of the first... Btw JZ, thanks for the info on the Crdt Chck question. Keep me posted on ur plans, and u guys as well. Any new info, please share... Im on YM! JJV0677.

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 06:40 PM

I agree. We should all park somewhere designated and still wear the red shirts. LOL. But what entrance is closer to apple? The one by tgi Fridays??

desiknow
Jul 8, 2008, 07:34 PM
yeah guys,

I think we should park in front of Fridays in the open section ( not the garage )

and just sit along the side walk, in line.
I think the more visible we are when others arive closer to 6am and 7am the less of a problem will occur with ones showing up later and trying to walk up to the door. You know how us Miami Latin can be...:D
"I didn't see any signs!" "who says I have to stand in this line" etc...
So if people pull-up they can see all the cars in the same area and a line that has already formed even if they walk up through the section by the theater.

I have just been a part of too may black fridays ( the day after thanksgiving )
go bad, especially if the store is not providing support.

Sorry if I am being cheesy.

JJV
Jul 8, 2008, 07:42 PM
Yup, u bet! I think parking in that area will be a great idea.... Then we can just hang around and waste time. We can just share times we'll be arriving, and help each other out.... :)

JZ Wire
Jul 8, 2008, 07:44 PM
JZ, U bet buddy..... Not a problem. I will check back with them later in the week if i get a chance, just to the get the updated info and will post. I was thinking the same thing, arriving early waiting in the car and just kill time till it becomes busier, to make sure we reserve out spot in line. Hopefully, will be one of the first... Btw JZ, thanks for the info on the Crdt Chck question. Keep me posted on ur plans, and u guys as well. Any new info, please share... Im on YM! JJV0677.

I agree. Hopefully us Macrumorians will be there first.

I agree. We should all park somewhere designated and still wear the red shirts. LOL. But what entrance is closer to apple? The one by tgi Fridays??

Thats sounds about right. I usually go in between Restoration Hardware and TGIF anyway. Ill try to park around there and see if I can find you guys.
Desiknow, I know what you mean. Id hate to make the line and then see a whole bunch of people just pass us by and then argue who got there when.

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 08:08 PM
I agree. Hopefully us Macrumorians will be there first.

Thats sounds about right. I usually go in between Restoration Hardware and TGIF anyway. Ill try to park around there and see if I can find you guys.
Desiknow, I know what you mean. Id hate to make the line and then see a whole bunch of people just pass us by and then argue who got there when.

Yes, this sounds perfect, we all should wear the red shirts and park around TGI fridays... :] and if no one notices anyone we can just chill outside of our cars to recognize one another..

BTW - I called the Falls they said we are not able to wait in line until 6am!

SO i am thinking around 5am i will be in the parking lot... what about you guys ?

desiknow
Jul 8, 2008, 08:11 PM

SO i am thinking around 5am i will be in the parking lot... what about you guys ?

so they said we could line up by the store at 6am?

LARQ1
Jul 8, 2008, 08:12 PM
http://gizmodo.com/5022653/iphone-3g-definitive-guide-how-to-score-one-this-friday

http://gizmodo.com/photogallery/3giphoneunbox (pics of Iphone 3G including box and accessories!!!!!)

Anyways, I will be there very early on Friday with my Red Polo and my Bullet Proof Vest (LOL).....

59 Hours and Counting !!!:eek:

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 08:58 PM
so they said we could line up by the store at 6am?

yeah thats what they said, but i want to be there earlier... screw that- so i'll chill in the car around 5 am... or maybe even earlier :}

JZ Wire
Jul 8, 2008, 09:00 PM
Yes, this sounds perfect, we all should wear the red shirts and park around TGI fridays... :] and if no one notices anyone we can just chill outside of our cars to recognize one another..

Sweet! At least we can arrive earlier and then make our line at 6am. Providing that no one is there first of course. Thanks for the update!

It looks like we are the most heavily organized out of all the other states/cities. hehehe

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 09:10 PM
Sweet! At least we can arrive earlier and then make our line at 6am. Providing that no one is there first of course. Thanks for the update!

It looks like we are the most heavily organized out of all the other states/cities. hehehe

haha yeah! we are an organized crime to get those iphones!! lol

Sounds perfect!!!! :] the red shirt idea was the best for sureee.. :]] ahaha

Zector
Jul 8, 2008, 09:40 PM
I'd really like to meet up with a lot of others anticipating the new iPhone, but I wonder if it would be faster to just go to the AT&T store at 8279 West Flagler St.
This model of the iPhone is being released on my birthday and I got the day off, so I don't really want to spend it waiting half the day for this phone.
I also have to figure out how to transfer my old phone number from Verizon to AT&T without canceling the plan and changing the number on the Verizon phone.
I wonder how early most people are going to show up. No one is planning an overnight wait are they?

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 11:00 PM
I'd really like to meet up with a lot of others anticipating the new iPhone, but I wonder if it would be faster to just go to the AT&T store at 8279 West Flagler St.
This model of the iPhone is being released on my birthday and I got the day off, so I don't really want to spend it waiting half the day for this phone.
I also have to figure out how to transfer my old phone number from Verizon to AT&T without canceling the plan and changing the number on the Verizon phone.
I wonder how early most people are going to show up. No one is planning an overnight wait are they?

I think going to an AT&T store, you take the risk of them running out, and the lines.. =/

at least at the falls we all have an idea of when we can go and scope out the area etc...

Also AT&T seems like they'd catch you with all their B.S & give you a harder time activating it since this is Apple's first time doing an in-store activation...

chixnic
Jul 8, 2008, 11:20 PM
Anyone from Broward? I am planning to go to the Galleria Mall at about 10am. Not too early, but I just can't wake up so early :)

Anyone from 'the north'?:D

ricanloveee
Jul 8, 2008, 11:27 PM
Anyone from Broward? I am planning to go to the Galleria Mall at about 10am. Not too early, but I just can't wake up so early :)

Anyone from 'the north'?:D

lol south miami :rolleyes: ;)

chixnic
Jul 8, 2008, 11:28 PM
There's probably a thread for Galleria mall, I can't find it...
I can't wait til Friday! yeaaaaaa

Eric Lewis
Jul 8, 2008, 11:28 PM
go to aventura

JZ Wire
Jul 8, 2008, 11:33 PM

I agree with Rican. You will have a lot better luck with Apple as far as getting the iphone. Anyway Apple always has the little extras (the iphone bag) that At&t doesnt.
I think the At&t store might go slower because thats where a lot of the new customers will go to set up their plans/phone.

chixnic
Jul 8, 2008, 11:37 PM
I think the line will be shorter at the Galleria. Aventura was my first choice until I thought about all the tourists lining up and the air breaking down like it has before!!

Not to mention tax in Broward is still 6% hehe!!

d wade
Jul 8, 2008, 11:44 PM
dont know where everyone is from, but wellington mall letting people in at 8am so thats where i'll be. i wanna make sure i get 1 on friday

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 12:05 AM
I agree with Rican. You will have a lot better luck with Apple as far as getting the iphone. Anyway Apple always has the little extras (the iphone bag) that At&t doesnt.
I think the At&t store might go slower because thats where a lot of the new customers will go to set up their plans/phone.

Yeah of course, especially the feel of it.. AT&T is just like " Hi , you want an iphone.. Kay... sign a contract, do this u have these fees' etc... Blah blah here you go... kay have fun... enjoy being stuck with us"..

At apple it's chaos!
its like

'' OMG CONGRATS, I LOVE IT, OKAY, LOVELY, happy to see you getting your iphone, kay here's your cute bag, have fun, ! do lots of **** on it..."

lol it's true!

and now coz we got our The FALLS posse wearing RED meeting up, etc it should add a tab bit more excitement!

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 12:19 AM
Alright alright, You guys are right about the excitement, but as for availability for the phone. I did plan on going to the AT&T store before it opens, so I'm sure to get an iPhone. The drive to The Falls though would mean 20 minutes on the road for me. Unlike the At&t store which is only about 7 minutes away.

I can't decide now, it would be tons of fun to meet up with everyone waiting, although I don't own a red shirt. :(

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 12:23 AM
Yeah of course, especially the feel of it.. AT&T is just like " Hi , you want an iphone.. Kay... sign a contract, do this u have these fees' etc... Blah blah here you go... kay have fun... enjoy being stuck with us"..

At apple it's chaos!
its like

'' OMG CONGRATS, I LOVE IT, OKAY, LOVELY, happy to see you getting your iphone, kay here's your cute bag, have fun, ! do lots of **** on it..."

lol it's true!

and now coz we got our The FALLS posse wearing RED meeting up, etc it should add a tab bit more excitement!

LMAO!!! "here's your cute bag, have fun" LOL!

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 12:41 AM
Alright alright, You guys are right about the excitement, but as for availability for the phone. I did plan on going to the AT&T store before it opens, so I'm sure to get an iPhone. The drive to The Falls though would mean 20 minutes on the road for me. Unlike the At&t store which is only about 7 minutes away.

I can't decide now, it would be tons of fun to meet up with everyone waiting, although I don't own a red shirt. :(

Go to the Apple store!!! hint Hint

I have an At&t practically at the corner of my house but I am still going to the Falls even if its farther but its the experience that you get which counts. At least for me anyway but I think you'll enjoy it more than the At&t store for reasons that Rican already said.

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 12:50 AM
Go to the Apple store!!! hint Hint

I have an At&t practically at the corner of my house but I am still going to the Falls even if its farther but its the experience that you get which counts. At least for me anyway but I think you'll enjoy it more than the At&t store for reasons that Rican already said.

Agreed! :D:apple:

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 01:02 AM
Alright aright, you guys win. :D
I'll head on over to the Apple Store at The Falls.

I'll try to be around there at 5am.
It would also be my first time at an Apple store.

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 01:11 AM

wow!

haha cool .. awesome WEAR RED BRO!

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 01:13 AM
But I look terrible in Red. :D

I'll... Look for something.

ashams
Jul 9, 2008, 01:13 AM
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

bro. im excited...

i'll be at the fallssss with ricanloveee!!

5 AM. red shirt. iphone 3g.

lets do this.

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 01:17 AM

Muuahaha. I knew we'd win you over. Excellent choice. See you there! :D

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 01:21 AM
Muuahaha. I knew we'd win you over. Excellent choice. See you there! :D

can't wait!!! man this is going to be so exciting! we all need to be in line together too...

We will be the Team RED Posse!

How awesome!

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 01:37 AM
can't wait!!! man this is going to be so exciting! we all need to be in line together too...

We will be the Team RED Posse!

How awesome!

Hang in there, just two more days....
Yea hopefully we will all be close in the line and people will be wondering why are they all wearing red. hehe

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 01:40 AM
Oh man, I just found out that they're running credit checks.
I don't think I have any credit yet, do you guys think I'll be turned down? :(

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 01:42 AM
Oh man, I just found out that they're running credit checks.
I don't think I have any credit yet, do you guys think I'll be turned down? :(

umm, i dont think so... because they will make you pay a high fee

but i dont have credit either, but It's under my brothers name and account so it shouldn't be a problem for me..

are you upgrading... or new customer ?

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 01:46 AM
New customer entirely.
I just read that it could be a deposit of $250. How incredibly lame is that?

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 01:48 AM
New customer entirely.
I just read that it could be a deposit of $250. How incredibly lame is that?

ouch that sucks, then the probability of you getting voided from that deposit is low... because you have no credit!

****!

that sucks!!! have someone put it under their name ?

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 01:52 AM
Nah, I can't.
I need to build credit myself, so I need to have this account under my name.

Besides, no one I know willing to be up at 5am on a friday. :rolleyes:

Maybe I could give em puppy dog eyes and say... "But... Its my birthday... :("

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 02:00 AM
Nah, I can't.
I need to build credit myself, so I need to have this account under my name.

Besides, no one I know willing to be up at 5am on a friday. :rolleyes:

Maybe I could give em puppy dog eyes and say... "But... Its my birthday... :("

Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear that but the only way I know would be for someone to co-sign with you and lord knows those deposits can be murder. Good Luck though!

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 02:03 AM
http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/at-and-t/what-if-i-have-no-credit-1052.html#post9365

Ok, $150 isn't as bad as $250... I'm gonna swing by At&t tomorrow and find out if they can check beforehand. It's the only way to know for sure.

*edit* I just realized that post was from back in 2007. ):

*edit2* Here's another more discouraging post...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5719886&postcount=5

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 02:13 AM
http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/at-and-t/what-if-i-have-no-credit-1052.html#post9365

Ok, $150 isn't as bad as $250... I'm gonna swing by At&t tomorrow and find out if they can check beforehand. It's the only way to know for sure.

*edit* I just realized that post was from back in 2007. ):

*edit2* Here's another more discouraging post...
http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5719886&postcount=5

You should call tomorrow and make sure. $150 did sound rather cheap.
Holy crap that second link sounds scary! I hope it wont be that much for your sake.

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 02:18 AM
Why did I have to find all this out during the pinnacle of my excitement? lol.
Going to bed now. G`night all. :D

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 02:35 AM
Im sure it will all work out well for you Zector. Im going to bed also. Night, catch you all tomorrow.

desiknow
Jul 9, 2008, 07:52 AM
:apple::apple::apple::apple:GOOD MORNING!:apple::apple::apple::apple:

bombboy
Jul 9, 2008, 09:03 AM
Converted two lines into one FamilyTalk Plan w/ Unlimited Messaging. I am now officially iReady on the terms I needed. Now my girlfriend and I can get our iPhone 3G's without a hitch :D

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 10:56 AM
:apple::apple::apple::apple:GOOD MORNING!:apple::apple::apple::apple:

morning!!! We are so much closer to getting that phone! lol

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

bro. im excited...

i'll be at the fallssss with ricanloveee!!

5 AM. red shirt. iphone 3g.

lets do this.

Amin! lol I can't wait either... you gon' pick me up from Pantry and we gonna have a ball!

bigjohn
Jul 9, 2008, 12:24 PM
I think I'm gonna do Lincoln Road on Saturday morning. Try and mix in a haircut afterwards.

I have class on Friday at 10am, so that's out

ashams
Jul 9, 2008, 01:01 PM
Amin! lol I can't wait either... you gon' pick me up from Pantry and we gonna have a ball!

broooooo!!!!!!

that's all i have to say.

:)

OH, AND: CEREAL BOWWWWWWWWWWLLLL!!!

jeejeebu
Jul 9, 2008, 01:10 PM
You all are making me think I should just do the Apple store. And the article that says Apple stores will only take 10 or 15 (I can't remember and can't be bothered to check) minutes to sign people up makes me think it will be just as fast, if not faster there. (I've signed up for phones a time or two before and it always takes at least half an hour to an hour.) I guess I'll drive by Lincoln Rd before heading to Washington and see what the line looks like. I was planning on going around 6:30-7 so I can walk the dog first, so I don't think I'd be first in line.

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 01:58 PM
Work almost had me out on a road trip tomorrow. Luckily I got it rescheduled for Saturday. I can't wait to meet all you guys there. I sure hope I'm there early enough to be one of the first. :D

JJV
Jul 9, 2008, 02:52 PM
Afternoon Guys!!!

Looking forward to this adventure. Finalizing plans this evening, so keep u posted on the outcome for friday. Im thinking maybe 430, wot do u guys think? Hope its early enough.... So Im not there all day. Keep me informed guys. :)

ricanloveee
Jul 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
Afternoon Guys!!!

Looking forward to this adventure. Finalizing plans this evening, so keep u posted on the outcome for friday. Im thinking maybe 430, wot do u guys think? Hope its early enough.... So Im not there all day. Keep me informed guys. :)

430am?

sounds good.... if you'll be there around that time, i'll try to plan it out w/ Ashams... to meet in front of TGI fridays w/ red tees......
:D:apple::apple:

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, I guess everyone is ready huh? Ill try to be there as early as possible so I can meet up with all of you. :)

ashams
Jul 9, 2008, 06:19 PM
430am?

sounds good.... if you'll be there around that time, i'll try to plan it out w/ Ashams... to meet in front of TGI fridays w/ red tees......
:D:apple::apple:

430's fine with meeeee! =D

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 07:04 PM
4:30?!? Soon enough you guys will say 4am. :D
At this rate I'll have to try to be there at 3am.

Oh, and I borrowed a red shirt from my father. :rolleyes:

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 07:15 PM
4:30?!? Soon enough you guys will say 4am. :D
At this rate I'll have to try to be there at 3am.

Oh, and I borrowed a red shirt from my father. :rolleyes:

4:30am huh? Maybe I should just skip sleep altogether and stay there over night. hehe

Edit: Hmm, Unfortunately the earliest I can get there is is 5am so with any luck I wont be too far behind.

ashams
Jul 9, 2008, 09:59 PM
Cali & Tali Brooooo!!!

LARQ1
Jul 9, 2008, 10:56 PM
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

HELLO ALL Wearing Red Shirts:

It seems that I won't be able to go to the Falls Apple store after all.
There is a glitch with my account showing "NO CONTRACT" and at the same time it is showing NO upgrade elegibility...so I can only do this in a Corporate ATT Store, in person. My account is also a Business Account so I would be better off there.

Any ideas which ATT store will be better off on Friday morning?

Hope everyone has a Great time waiting!!!

CHEERS!!!

Saludos All PR's

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 11:08 PM
Well, not all AT&T stores will carry the iPhone. Only a select few will.
Go this page and look up the stores.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/
It will only show the ones that have it.

I found out because I went to the store on 107th ave and 20-something st NW and they won't have it there.

JZ Wire
Jul 9, 2008, 11:31 PM
Well, not all AT&T stores will carry the iPhone. Only a select few will.
Go this page and look up the stores.
http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/
It will only show the ones that have it.

I found out because I went to the store on 107th ave and 20-something st NW and they won't have it there.

Wow, thanks for this. You've just saved my friend a huge headache. He was going there on Fri. Good find! :D

Edit: Oh wait, never mind he says its not that one. Still helpful either way.

Zector
Jul 9, 2008, 11:39 PM
I was going to go to that one, thankfully I stopped by to ask a couple of questions about transferring my phone number. 3

Ah well, plans changed anyways, am I'm going for the Apple Store.

dizzy13
Jul 10, 2008, 12:23 AM
Anyone planning on getting one in Miami Beach? I'd rather avoid Lincoln Road, since I figure there will be more of a line at the Apple Store than any of the AT&T stores, but I don't know if the AT&T store on 41st St will be getting any. Are all of them?
I'm going to go to the one on south beach even though I'm 10 mins from the falls because I think it will be more of an event there and I'm going to take pictures for my apple blog. I mean there will be the early risers there like me and then some people stumbling from a club that will think they are waiting in line for some new exclusive club call apple?

Although from reading this thread it sounds like the falls is going to be pretty packed too, might have to swing by there to snap a few pics on my way to south beach.

ricanloveee
Jul 10, 2008, 01:02 AM

HELLO ALL Wearing Red Shirts:

It seems that I won't be able to go to the Falls Apple store after all.
There is a glitch with my account showing "NO CONTRACT" and at the same time it is showing NO upgrade elegibility...so I can only do this in a Corporate ATT Store, in person. My account is also a Business Account so I would be better off there.

Any ideas which ATT store will be better off on Friday morning?

Hope everyone has a Great time waiting!!!

CHEERS!!!

Saludos All PR's

aww that sucks! Was looking forward for you to join us RED CREWWWW but its okay.... hope you get your iphone on friday! ;]] Viva PR!!! lol

desiknow
Jul 10, 2008, 07:12 AM

BY THIS TIME TOMORROW...

iCareMuch
Jul 10, 2008, 08:19 AM

BY THIS TIME TOMORROW...

We will be using our 3G-iPhones like a remote control for iTunes!!!

I am such an insomniac! I still haven't slept!!

ricanloveee
Jul 10, 2008, 09:50 AM
We will be using our 3G-iPhones like a remote control for iTunes!!!

I am such an insomniac! I still haven't slept!!

lol.. i can't wait either...! and the festivities of tomorrow morning!! :] :cool::apple:

jeejeebu
Jul 10, 2008, 09:56 AM
I'm going to go to the one on south beach even though I'm 10 mins from the falls because I think it will be more of an event there and I'm going to take pictures for my apple blog. I mean there will be the early risers there like me and then some people stumbling from a club that will think they are waiting in line for some new exclusive club call apple?

Although from reading this thread it sounds like the falls is going to be pretty packed too, might have to swing by there to snap a few pics on my way to south beach.

My thinking now is that I don't have an iPhone yet, and waiting in line is going to suck, so I might as well go to a line where the party is, so Lincoln Road it is.

deannnnn
Jul 10, 2008, 10:15 AM
I'm going out of town today.
(Horrible timing right =/ haha)
I'm gunna go to the Galleria on Monday when I get back...
At least I won't have to wait in a line!

JJV
Jul 10, 2008, 01:10 PM
Hey Guys! We are almost there, few hours and counting.
Was wondering.... Have any of you guys passed by the falls today, or any AT&T store around and noticed lines forming outside or major activity? Trying to get an idea of how it will be tomorrow..... Hopefully wont be bad. :rolleyes:
Dependent on what I hear, plans still remain to arrive btwn 430-5am. Wanna be in and out early. Any guys gonna be there at that time or sooner? Keep me posted, as I will. :)

ricanloveee
Jul 10, 2008, 01:21 PM
Was wondering.... Have any of you guys passed by the falls today, or any AT&T store around and noticed lines forming outside or major activity? Trying to get an idea of how it will be tomorrow..... Hopefully wont be bad. :rolleyes:
Dependent on what I hear, plans still remain to arrive btwn 430-5am. Wanna be in and out early. Any guys gonna be there at that time or sooner? Keep me posted, as I will. :)

Yeah... thats the plan :] still 4:30am... and the RED shirts. :] meet up in front of TGI fridays...

me and my friend :Ashams: will be there, around that area.. so if u spot red tee's holla...

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 02:50 PM

I was wondering the same thing. If I lived close I would have checked but ill have to wait till tomorrow. I cant believe its finally here. I should be there by 5am so ill see you all then.
On a side note, has anyone downloaded any apps yet? I already have more than 50 apps so ill have plenty to test/play with when I get my new iPhone.
Monkeyball, AIM, Enigmo, IGN, Ebay, SnapmyLife, NetNewsWire, Pandora Radio, Wrll, Reqall, Epocrates Rx, are just some ive already download.

JJV
Jul 10, 2008, 03:31 PM
Hey JZ! Sounds like you are ready to go. Might have to do the same thing here soon.... Is the Apps store running already? TTYS.

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hey JZ! Sounds like you are ready to go. Might have to do the same thing here soon.... Is the Apps store running already? TTYS.

You bet. I am super ready. :D I even got my red shirt finally.
I didn't have one but as I was running errands and I was near by the mall so I just went in and bought a red shirt.
I didnt want anything too loud just a simple shirt. Anyway, the App store is definitely up and running and they have lots of apps and many for free.
All we need now is for Apple to release that darn 2.0 software update!!! Probably wont come till tomorrow though. :confused:

Is everyone all set for tomorrow???

SMosher
Jul 10, 2008, 06:12 PM
So guys, I have an idea.

For those of you going to the falls, go see one of the movies at midnight tonight.

Afterwards, meet outside of the theatre in your red attire
:D

bombboy
Jul 10, 2008, 06:20 PM
It's going to be so much funner at The Falls than the ATT Store I was going to go to. Guess I'll be there at 4 or what not. Although I like the movie idea...

See you red crew peeps :)

JJV
Jul 10, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hey Guys! Seems we've made it! Finally 3G is almost here! Ru iReady yet? If not, hurry up! hehe. Sounds good that everyone is planning on arriving at the same time, so hopefully we will begin the line for the day. Thanks to JZ for letting me know about the apps store... Ive been checking it and it looks pretty good.... looking fowrd to putting some to use. Have u guys heard anything on how things are looking outthere? Line at stores or anything like that? Will check back later and see u (dark n early).

ashams
Jul 10, 2008, 06:40 PM
Hey everyone!!!

I'm so excited for tomorrow!!! I've already manually upgraded to 2.0 software sooo I'm running a bunch of apps and tryin them all out!! MonkeyBall is HARDDD!!!! lmao, but the rest of the apps are AMAZING so far!!

Here's the thing, a friend of mind is gonna go scope out the falls at around midnight-ish and she's gonna let me know whats up! (if theres a line or anything) and from then rican and i will be sure to update you all on here. ;)

=D!

ricanloveee
Jul 10, 2008, 07:11 PM
Hey everyone!!!

I'm so excited for tomorrow!!! I've already manually upgraded to 2.0 software sooo I'm running a bunch of apps and tryin them all out!! MonkeyBall is HARDDD!!!! lmao, but the rest of the apps are AMAZING so far!!

Here's the thing, a friend of mind is gonna go scope out the falls at around midnight-ish and she's gonna let me know whats up! (if theres a line or anything) and from then rican and i will be sure to update you all on here. ;)

=D!

sure thing

see everyone around 4am w/ the red shirts ! :] in front of Fridays!!!

:]] im super excited!!!!!!

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 07:20 PM
So guys, I have an idea.

For those of you going to the falls, go see one of the movies at midnight tonight.

Afterwards, meet outside of the theatre in your red attire
:D

Hey that movie idea sounds pretty good. Its a nice way to kill time and still be near Apple. Ill let you guys know what I do.

- HellBoy II is showing at 12:01am Hmmmm....

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 09:08 PM
Anyone going to the Falls tonight????

zurfboard
Jul 10, 2008, 09:14 PM
HEY EVERYONE, IM GOIN TO SCOPE THINGS AROUND 1-2AM...FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME AND I WILL REPLY WITH THE STATUS IF SOMEONES THERE OR NOT...AND OTHER INFO....SEE YA THERE
* UNSURE ABOUT THE RED SHIRT BUT I WILL HAVE A MAROON HOODIE FOR SURE...LOL

OSPINAJORGE@YAHOO.COM

zurfboard
Jul 10, 2008, 09:16 PM
I Will Be There Tonight Around 1-2 Am...email Me If Anythin Or Just Run Into Me There Lol

Eric Lewis
Jul 10, 2008, 09:17 PM
UPDATE:

my cousin says people are at lincon road already

zurfboard
Jul 10, 2008, 09:19 PM
Yup, Its Confirmed, People Are At Lincoln Road Already.

ashams
Jul 10, 2008, 09:23 PM
my friend was just at the falls... got kicked out!!! they told her not to form a line till 6 am!!!

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 09:25 PM
I Will Be There Tonight Around 1-2 Am...email Me If Anythin Or Just Run Into Me There Lol

Ok, ill probably see you there. Im going to watch the midnight showing of HellBoy II.

zurfboard
Jul 10, 2008, 09:27 PM
That Sucks....kinda Of Unfair To Have To Wait And Then People Are Just Gonna Fight At 6 Am..

Zector
Jul 10, 2008, 09:36 PM
Whoever gets there first should have a clipboard with the names of people in the order they got there like when I overnighted for the Wii.
I only pray they'll have 8 people processing at a time or something. lol

ricanloveee
Jul 10, 2008, 10:00 PM
Whoever gets there first should have a clipboard with the names of people in the order they got there like when I overnighted for the Wii.

:apple: thus the point of getting there around 430 am, so we claim our spots w/o actually waiting in line...

red tee's are the key... bro... as soon as we are able to line up... hit it.

plus im sure we will all group up anyways..

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 10:01 PM

Thats actually a pretty good idea.
That was everyone knows where they belong. Hmm....

bombboy
Jul 10, 2008, 10:07 PM
The red shirts are pertinent. A group of people with red shirts can organize a lot better and help out others without red shirts to get a proper line going.

SMosher
Jul 10, 2008, 10:27 PM
Well, My mom was being bishy and said that I have to wait until the morning to get it with her :/

So I'm going to the at&t store at 88th and US1.
Anyone else planning on it?

dizzy13
Jul 10, 2008, 10:48 PM
Yup, Its Confirmed, People Are At Lincoln Road Already.
I'm taking a power nap and then heading out to lincoln road around 1.30. I'll see if i can leech of some wifi to update the thread while im out there.

Have fun everyone!

Psiquik
Jul 10, 2008, 11:05 PM
People were lining up earlier today, I stopped by around 6:00pm and they were like 10 people ready to camp. Falls seems to be a better option.

JZ Wire
Jul 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hey guys, I'm posting from the Falls. It looks like I'm the first one here. Yay!!!!
see you guys when you get here. I'll start the line hehe

zurfboard
Jul 10, 2008, 11:52 PM
AT&T store on 88th and 122 ave has a lot of people. On my way to the falls

Zector
Jul 10, 2008, 11:56 PM
Oh dude, you should have said you were on your way there. :D
I'll leave as soon as I can and meet you there. its about 20 minutes.
Is there a free wifi nearby? Maybe I'll be the second there.

ricanloveee
Jul 11, 2008, 12:18 AM
Oh dude, you should have said you were on your way there. :D
I'll leave as soon as I can and meet you there. its about 20 minutes.
Is there a free wifi nearby? Maybe I'll be the second there.

i dont think there is wifi... but i will be joining you guys soon too... Me & AShams :]

zurfboard
Jul 11, 2008, 12:19 AM
they r kicking us off the falls til 6am!!

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 12:28 AM
Yes. That's why I came to see the movie. I'll meet you when I'm done.

Ruffr2004
Jul 11, 2008, 12:53 AM
I just came back from the falls and the security told me that, they won't allow people to start lining up in front of the Apple store until 6:30 .....See you guys there with the red shirts

Zector
Jul 11, 2008, 12:56 AM
I'm here, and Its a bit far from home, so where can I meet up with you guys and hang out that are around here. I found WiFi in front of Publix.

ashams
Jul 11, 2008, 01:09 AM
I'm here, and Its a bit far from home, so where can I meet up with you guys and hang out that are around here. I found WiFi in front of Publix.

rican and i are gonna go grab somethin to eattt then we'll head over there

:):):)

we're excited.

ashams
Jul 11, 2008, 01:23 AM
guysss

so that u all know, we gonna park by tgi fridays

i drive a vw jetta, its black and has a BIG uf gators logo on the back window :):):):)

see u all soon!!

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 01:24 AM
I'm here in front of the Apple store with Zector & we are waiting here. See ya all later.

zurfboard
Jul 11, 2008, 01:48 AM
I got a KIA sportage SUV grey

Ruffr2004
Jul 11, 2008, 01:51 AM
Are you guys directly in front of the apple store?

zurfboard
Jul 11, 2008, 01:54 AM
I'm by publix and outback parking lot' where's everyone? Let's meet at one place

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 02:05 AM
Dont bother going near the mall because they will kick you out. We had to drive to the Publix since they won't let us even be in the parking lot! Grrr

zurfboard
Jul 11, 2008, 02:09 AM
publix or tj max? Tj max has a better view

Zector
Jul 11, 2008, 02:09 AM
Alright guys. We're in front of the Publix. We may wanna go look for something to eat somewhere. So if we're not here give me a call at 786-390-0793. My phone number is going to change anyways.
This really sucks. Someone should write an angry blog post about this. :mad:

zurfboard
Jul 11, 2008, 02:14 AM
how bout tj max everyone?

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 02:26 AM
We at TJ Max now with a bunch of people.

dizzy13
Jul 11, 2008, 02:32 AM
Been at south beach apple store since 2am and there is NO LINE. The only thing i've accomplished is getting a huge slice of pizza and a beer.

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 03:00 AM
on my way to the Falls area

Samarium
Jul 11, 2008, 03:02 AM
Pictures! Tell us what's happening. Keep us updated please.

ricanloveee
Jul 11, 2008, 03:06 AM
Been at south beach apple store since 2am and there is NO LINE. The only thing i've accomplished is getting a huge slice of pizza and a beer.

Here at tj maxxxx till 6

dizzy13
Jul 11, 2008, 03:20 AM
Miami Beach Update

We went to the car and watched an episode of the office and then came back out and now there is a line of about 10 people.

http://whenwillapple.com/saywhy/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/img_0001_small1.jpg
Taking camping to a whole new level

http://whenwillapple.com/saywhy/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/img_0024small.jpg
Apple Dudes here and setting up a real line now

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 05:05 AM
well, this line at the Falls was BS ;/

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 05:47 AM
well, this line at the Falls was BS ;/

Tell me about it. I got screwed pretty bad back here...

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 06:14 AM
Well I got to Lincoln Road at 6:40 and was about an hour too late to get a good spot in line so I just hope they really do process everyone super fast. There are about 40-50 people in front of me. :(

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 06:47 AM
I swung by 3 ATT stores this morning and all the lines were too long for me to wait given that activation would be required. 35 or so people in Doral, 40 or so people near Mall of the Americas, and then probably over 100 in Coral Gables. I just went in to work early and hopefully some stores will have something left this afternoon for me to try again.

ricanloveee
Jul 11, 2008, 06:54 AM
Tell me about it. I got screwed pretty bad back here...

I agree. That sucked how the front line **** went down. And that bitch security guard. Oh well we are getting the phones. Only minutes now before we can go in. Good luck everyone. Johnie. I feel bad man.

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 07:41 AM
What happened at the Falls?

Still on line here. I think I'm number 19 outside, but there's another line inside. This is taking much longer than I thought it would.

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 08:01 AM
Friend of mine at ATT store near metrozoo is leaving. He says only 4 people have walked out in the first hour and he's 30th or so in line.

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 08:03 AM
yup, those activations are taking forever.

ricanloveee
Jul 11, 2008, 08:03 AM
What happened at the Falls?

Still on line here. I think I'm number 19 outside, but there's another line inside. This is taking much longer than I thought it would.

im in the store in line waiting for my iphone!!

agh, so excited...

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 08:10 AM
im in the store in line waiting for my iphone!!

agh, so excited...

Of course you are. Who did you bribe to get that far?
im almost inside...can't wait!!!!

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 08:21 AM
i'm going to try tomorrow morning to the falls apple store. If they show stock available tonight online i'll go 30 min before open. Hopefully they will have some of the activation kinks worked out by then.

ricanloveee
Jul 11, 2008, 08:26 AM
Of course you are. Who did you bribe to get that far?
im almost inside...can't wait!!!!

johnnie you'll make it soon enough... its slow in here...

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 08:36 AM
I'm in the store! But iTunes went down? Something like that? So we have to do the final step of activation when we get home.

LARQ1
Jul 11, 2008, 09:03 AM
HELLO ALL !!!!

Soooooooo .............Was everyone able to find each other???

Believe it or not I was the 2nd Person in line at ATT in 122 and Kendall Dr. across from Best Buy !!!

I saw this guy there waiting and I couldn't help but stand behind him....

THAT WAS AT 4:30pm yesterday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just planning to go and ck my account and decided to stay......What a crazy idea but I am glad I did it...Everyone was Super Nice... The store had only 90 phones and took me about 45 mins, after I went in at 8am

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE....and let's keep together for next time

TODAY IS IPHONE APPLICATION DAY --- CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TIME AND DAY IS IT....My internal clock is ALL f65542ed up !!

CHEERS ~~~~~~:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 09:08 AM
Well, I've got my iPhone! I decided to go with a black 16 gig. W00t!

But, not activated and can't be used until iTunes comes back up. :(:(:(

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 10:02 AM
I'm at work now. iPhone is "Restoring from backup" I did last night before going to the store. So now everything should be set up correctly including my favorites, etc. Was a lot of fun, I get to do it again tonight ;[

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 10:07 AM
i'm going to call the falls at 3pm and see if they have any left. somehow i doubt it with all the att stores selling out.

mfs.mac
Jul 11, 2008, 10:14 AM
is there a line at the falls? do they still have iphones? I've been to 3 att store and they're all sold out!..

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 10:18 AM
can anyone tell me if accessories are available at the apple store? cases? crystal film?

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 10:22 AM
Apple Store has a lot of iPhones. There is still a long line as activation has been borked on and off. They do have cases, not a wide selection, but they do have a good bunch to choose from.

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
Thanks.

SMosher
Jul 11, 2008, 11:06 AM
Anyone know if the at&t at 88th and US1 has any left?

We passed by around 9:30 to see a pretty long line.
And my mom said
"Absolutely not"

Jai.Mac
Jul 11, 2008, 11:20 AM
Ya we were in line at the 88th and US1 AT&T Store and got there around 8:30am. We were pretty far back in a long line and around 10am a guy came out of the store to let us know they only had 8GB left and some White 16GB, apparently the 16GB Blacks were sold quickly (naturally).

We went to the Apple Store @ the Falls and the line was massive! I checked on here thru my iPhone to see that there was all the activation drama and we left, we're gonna try and see if they still have some this afternoon if not we'll try our luck tomorrow.

Good luck to anyone out there in line!!!

SMosher
Jul 11, 2008, 11:46 AM
After work, if there still isn't a long line,
we'll go check the at&t over there

and if there are none left, we'll try the apple store at the falls.

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 11:50 AM
After work, if there still isn't a long line,
we'll go check the at&t over there

and if there are none left, we'll try the apple store at the falls.

I hope the line tonight isn't too long. Have to go back with my girlfriend so you'll see my red shirt self again. :p I'm talking about 9-10 pm here. I think people who show up at 6 pm might still be there when I go again... :[

SMosher
Jul 11, 2008, 11:52 AM
I'm hoping that the activation kink gets fixed before I go.

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
I feel really bad for the people at Lincoln Road who got there after 8 or so. They'll be there for hours and the day is just getting hotter and hotter. And the people who were all the way back by Starbucks by the time I left at 10...

But the people in the Apple store did say that they think they have more than enough for everyone in line. So that's good.

SMosher
Jul 11, 2008, 11:58 AM
So do you think by the time I get off work The Falls will still have iphones? (even with a huge line)

Think I should call and check before I leave?

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 12:01 PM
From the sounds of it, the Apple stores have lots of stock, though they were being very cagey (duh, it's Apple) about exactly how much. It wouldn't hurt to call and check.

SMosher
Jul 11, 2008, 12:03 PM
Alright.

I'm hoping there isn't a huge line...
but if there is, I can just buy a nice bottle of water and let my mom go to macy's or something until I get farther in line.

I'm just afraid when it comes time and I need her, she's going to end up not answering the phone -___-

I think I might tape it to her hand....

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 12:40 PM
I just swung by the ATT store in Coral Gables next to Houstons. They are sold out. They are expecting a FedEx shipment though today at some time and there are already 20 people waiting for that. I'm going to call the Falls at 3pm and see what their situation is there.

Jai.Mac
Jul 11, 2008, 12:48 PM
We tried the Gables AT&T store this morning and the line was at least a hundred thick and figured there wouldn't be enough 16GB for all those people. If anyone hears an update from the falls let us know, I will try and go this afternoon if they still have some stock of 16GBs

Thanks!

piodiaz
Jul 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
I just went to the falls and there is at least 450 or 500 people there, the line does not move, and inside the store doesn't seem to be a lot of activation stations. Besides the activation problems, I think that there are very few activation stations in stores, I believe that Apple must wave their in-store activation plans in order to restore peace and order. We should start emailing people at Apple with this request.

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 12:55 PM
well that certainly doesn't sound promising. Guess i'm going to have to wait a few days :(.

ashams
Jul 11, 2008, 01:09 PM
bro seriously, that **** at the apple store today was complete BS. they were being soooo retarded!!! but i got lucky and actually got a pretty white 16gb iphone...

but, too bad the servers are still ****ed cuz i cant even sync my phone... im stuck like this till it gets fixed...

whatever, im tired!!! nap time...

ps - nice to meet the ppl who went!!

SMosher
Jul 11, 2008, 01:14 PM
I just imagined myself going up to someone wearing red and talking to them, realizing they weren't from the forums.

Wouldn't that be embarrassing? xD

mfs.mac
Jul 11, 2008, 01:37 PM
what about the apple store at aventura?

jeejeebu
Jul 11, 2008, 02:29 PM
I just went to the falls and there is at least 450 or 500 people there, the line does not move, and inside the store doesn't seem to be a lot of activation stations. Besides the activation problems, I think that there are very few activation stations in stores, I believe that Apple must wave their in-store activation plans in order to restore peace and order. We should start emailing people at Apple with this request.

The Lincoln Road store had a bunch of people handling requests. I didn't count, but it was a lot. And by the time I got in the store, the Apple people had figured out what they were doing and were able to process people pretty quick. But then iTunes went down, so it probably got worse. Though I just took mine home to wait rather than waiting there.

Dr Lu 2010
Jul 11, 2008, 04:46 PM
Just came from aventura..the line is under 100..and the ppl working there were VERY confident they had more then enough for everyone...however i DIDNT get one..because i am not the primary account holder for my account..even tho im an authorized user..bummer..

anyone know of att stores that have them available

Jai.Mac
Jul 11, 2008, 04:54 PM
Wait a minute, that sounds odd on Apple's part. You were turned away from buying an iPhone even though you're an authorized user? What exactly happened?

dach2k3
Jul 11, 2008, 04:59 PM
i just went by 2 att stores which both had iphones and both had a line that was in the process of selling out. I was 2 or 3 people short of getting one at both places. The Doral store only had 8GB ones in their 2nd shipment. The Coral Gables store had both. oh well... i'll try again tomorrow.

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 05:04 PM
I left the Apple store at the Falls a while ago and the line was already quite short. I asked and they said they had plenty of iphones.

Was it hot or what? Despite the heat I had a good time though. I met a lot of nice people most of which were members of Macrumors. I also wanted to thank Zector for all of your help. Thanks!
I hope everyone got the iphone they wanted, I know I did!
Ok, I need to go take a nap because I am dead tired. Catch you all later.

Jai.Mac
Jul 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
JZ, or anyone who might know...

Can you purchase an iPhone at the Apple Store if you're an authorized user but not the primary account holder? The account holder is my dad but i'm authorized, over 18 and have his SS #. Someone earlier posted not getting one due to that issue so I was curious since it was the first I heard of that. Thank you.

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 05:14 PM
I left the Apple store at the Falls a while ago and the line was already quite short. I asked and they said they had plenty of iphones.

Was it hot or what? Despite the heat I had a good time though. I met a lot of nice people most of which were members of Macrumors. I also wanted to thank Zector for all of your help. Thanks!
I hope everyone got the iphone they wanted, I know I did!
Ok, I need to go take a nap because I am dead tired. Catch you all later.

Short line and lots of phones? I guess I don't have to worry about going tonight to go get my girlfriend's phone. :x

It definitely was a lot of fun regardless of the bs, the fun is in the journey not the destination? ;)

mfs.mac
Jul 11, 2008, 05:50 PM
I talk to an ATT rep on the phone and one at a the store and said that as long as you are an authorize user you should be able to get the iphone without the primary account holder.. They were sold out so they didn't check or anything..I'm not sure if this is happening only at the apple stores..

Dr Lu 2010
Jul 11, 2008, 05:57 PM
The apple said you CANNOT buy the iphone if you are NOT the primary account holder...my brother is the primary..and he lives in texas..but they said ATT ALLOWS if you are authorized...hope that helps...

hopefully i can change the setting online..and try again tomorrow..

update us on ATT stores that have iphones in stock please..thx

JZ Wire
Jul 11, 2008, 06:26 PM
JZ, or anyone who might know...

Can you purchase an iPhone at the Apple Store if you're an authorized user but not the primary account holder? The account holder is my dad but i'm authorized, over 18 and have his SS #. Someone earlier posted not getting one due to that issue so I was curious since it was the first I heard of that. Thank you.

Hmm, im not sure about that one. You might want to call and ask the Apple store. Is it a family plan?

Jai.Mac
Jul 11, 2008, 06:28 PM
No, it's a regular plan only one line.

JJV
Jul 11, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hey Guys!
It was a crazy, hectic and long day, but finally we made it!!! At least, most of us. Hope you guys are having a blast checking out your new phones and all the apps. Wanted to say thanks to all of you guys for the wonderful info the past few days... First time for me. Was really crazy and after a few screw-ups by AT&T, I can say it was a blast.... So thanks! Special thanks to Jorge (ZB).... you made it a much more enjoyable time. Thanks bud! :)

Have fun guys..... :)

zurfboard
Jul 11, 2008, 08:56 PM
in response.....
If you are an authorized user, u can get an iphone upgrade only if u had a previous one. if u are opening a new line than the primary has to be there. hope that helps
that happened to me today adn iw as able to do it coz all i had to do was upgrade. you just need the social, billin zip code and phone number

Zector
Jul 11, 2008, 09:00 PM
I also wanted to thank Zector for all of your help. Thanks!

It was the least I can do. :D
Sorry I couldn't get in contact with you before I left. My phone battery on my Verizon phone died off, and I couldn't get my iPhone activated. Couldn't get in contact with you. I finally got it activated tonight though and I love it. Absolutely worth every penny and minute of waiting.

All organizational BS aside involving the piss poor decisions made by the Mall officials. I had a great time, and enjoyed meeting everyone that showed up. Thanks to everyone for that. :p

Dr Lu 2010
Jul 11, 2008, 10:22 PM
in response.....
If you are an authorized user, u can get an iphone upgrade only if u had a previous one. if u are opening a new line than the primary has to be there. hope that helps
that happened to me today adn iw as able to do it coz all i had to do was upgrade. you just need the social, billin zip code and phone number

going to aventura in the morning..hopefully itll work for me

bombboy
Jul 11, 2008, 11:58 PM
going to aventura in the morning..hopefully itll work for me

Oh god, got to The Falls again at about 10 and they barricaded all around the areas and entrances near the Apple Store, essentially "closing the mall" and not letting anyone else line up. I have to go again tomorrow morning so that my girlfriend can get her phone. I knew I should have bought it for her but she's still undecided on what color she wants ;/

ricanloveee
Jul 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
Oh god, got to The Falls again at about 10 and they barricaded all around the areas and entrances near the Apple Store, essentially "closing the mall" and not letting anyone else line up. I have to go again tomorrow morning so that my girlfriend can get her phone. I knew I should have bought it for her but she's still undecided on what color she wants ;/

heyy, i'll be you seeing you again tomorrow..

i still need to get mine

coz i had that dilemma w/ my brother working for apple and the corporate discount we receive.. so whatever.. but i'll have mine tomorrow! :]

dach2k3
Jul 12, 2008, 05:44 AM
i'm going out to the falls shortly. the store opens at 9am, 1 hr earlier than aventura and i have a lot to do today so i need to get done earlier rather than later.