Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThirteenXIII

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Are there any decent touchscreen covers? i tried the powersupport film (the 15 or so dollar ones) and they all had bubbles and the back one was pretty useless when it barely covers the back.

i bought those and a Slider (but the slider scraped up the backside of the touch)

anything that isnt bulky and covers the touchscreen from fingerprints and other sorts of things.

thanks

jrnewhouse

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2007
Are there any decent touchscreen covers? i tried the powersupport film (the 15 or so dollar ones) and they all had bubbles and the back one was pretty useless when it barely covers the back.

i bought those and a Slider (but the slider scraped up the backside of the touch)

anything that isnt bulky and covers the touchscreen from fingerprints and other sorts of things.

thanks

I have the Power Support Crystal Film Set for my iPod touch and I really like it. It's thick enough that you don't need a tool to apply it. If you got bubbles under the film, you didn't apply it properly. Take some Scotch tape and lift the film at one corner until you go past the area with bubbles. Then, very slowly lower the film back onto the screen while holding the unapplied part curved back away from the screen. This helps to increase tension on the film and flatten it out as you apply it. Watch for bubbles as the film hits the screen, and if you see any, pull that part of the film back up, increase the curve angle of the unapplied film (further increasing the tension) and try again. If you take your time, you should be able to get a bubble free fit. Also, I agree with you about the film for the back, but I have mine in a Contour Showcase, so that isn't a big issue for me. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.