PDA

View Full Version : Sweden

Woien
Jun 15, 2008, 04:18 AM
Post here the info about Swedish release and where to get it.

I really think that Telia will never have this ready for release 11 july in any country. Maybe in august ?

Anyone have more info about this ?
Write it down.

Ofcourse I will be a Iphone 3g owner...what should I do with my gen 1 phone ?? My 3 year old daughter will have it :)

josielinnea
Jun 15, 2008, 05:37 AM
I'll go to the store on Kungsgatan, Stockholm.
I'm also having a hard time thinking that Telia will be ready on time. Also, it's quite confusing the rumor about having to activate the subscription instore. And why isn't the retailers included in the launch? According to telia.se it's only their own stores.

Woien
Jun 15, 2008, 07:40 AM
I'll go to the store on Kungsgatan, Stockholm.
I'm also having a hard time thinking that Telia will be ready on time. Also, it's quite confusing the rumor about having to activate the subscription instore. And why isn't the retailers included in the launch? According to telia.se it's only their own stores.

I am a little dissapointed that it was telia who got the contract, I dont know anything about their 3G network, but I know about their stiffness (?) and nearly communistic leadership. But its a state owned company..

I really hope that they see their oppurtunity to get younger users and a cooler image back and really go for this.

I also hope its damned expensive to have this phone, so not every kid will have one.. Let Apple be a little exclusive.

Ill be back from holiday 22 july so i can hope to write my contract then

moveteam
Jun 15, 2008, 08:15 AM
Of course they are ready to launch the iPhone the 11th July.
I have spoken to Telia in Denmark and they couldn't give me any information, except that it is possible to buy the iPhone online (only on the Telia site) and in the stores around Scandinavia.

I'm a little disappointed too, Telia's HSPDA coverage sucks in Denmark, it works in major cities and towns, but still..

NetCom (TeliaSonera) said there would be an unlimited internet contract.

MoBurkhardt
Jun 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
I will go to any of the many telia stores in gothenburg, possibly camp out, depending on the weather(today it hailed).

I go almost every day and ask for more info but everybody seems to have the same info:

July 11, iPhone 3G
they where not even able to say if they were going to be selling accessories.

I also called the press line and they said the same, that more info will not be released.

some days ago telia.se opened a info signup similar to what at&t had back with the original iphone launch.
Put your name and email and they will eventually tell you: it's here!
surely much after any real apple fan already knows this, though

Mydel
Jun 16, 2008, 03:56 AM
Yeah I'm also in Goteburg Sweden and call Telia few times.....Of course nobody knows anything...I sign up on Telia.se for some newsletter regarding pricing and other info but have't got anything just yet
By the way I have 1 gen iPhone on Telia and cant complain.

khenleywrfr
Jun 16, 2008, 06:50 AM
Long before Apple or Telia admitted that they were getting the iPhone, I noticed that the phone house in Farsta (southern Stockholm) became an Apple dealer. I asked specifically about the iPhone and the only thing they would say was that 'it was coming'.

I haven't gone back since the announcement, but their website has more information then telia's site. But still no pricing.

MoBurkhardt
Jun 16, 2008, 07:10 AM
Long before Apple or Telia admitted that they were getting the iPhone, I noticed that the phone house in Farsta (southern Stockholm) became an Apple dealer. I asked specifically about the iPhone and the only thing they would say was that 'it was coming'.

I haven't gone back since the announcement, but their website has more information then telia's site. But still no pricing.

good tip but they dont really say anything, interesting though that they give their customers info about a phone properbly exlcusive to other carrier

http://www.phonehouse.se/apple-iphone-3g

SMacDuff
Jun 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
I'm also planning on going down to the Telia on Kungsgatan in Stockholm. I don't know what time I'm going to be able to get there but it would be cool to meet up with anyone else planning to go as long as you don't mind my poor Swedish. I'm Canadian but can speak Swedish if necessary.

josielinnea
Jun 18, 2008, 01:27 AM
I'm also planning on going down to the Telia on Kungsgatan in Stockholm. I don't know what time I'm going to be able to get there but it would be cool to meet up with anyone else planning to go as long as you don't mind my poor Swedish. I'm Canadian but can speak Swedish if necessary.

It would be really cool to meet! And I'm sure there's no problem with your swedish, but we can all speak english if you'd prefer.
You said you didn't know what time you would be able to be there - is it because you're working or something?
I'm so happy it's 5 days into my vacation, so if I'll have to camp outside the store- I can do it. If I don't have to, I'll just be at the beach for 4 days and then get my new phone :D

Mydel
Jun 18, 2008, 05:12 AM
I've just got an email from Telia that iPhone will be available from 11 of july but still no word on pricing and plans...:mad:

josielinnea
Jun 18, 2008, 04:48 PM
I've just got an email from Telia that iPhone will be available from 11 of july but still no word on pricing and plans...:mad:

Yeah I got it too. Crappiest "newsletter" ever. Anyone who signed up for the newsletter already knew what's in there...

SMacDuff
Jun 20, 2008, 06:55 PM
It would be really cool to meet! And I'm sure there's no problem with your swedish, but we can all speak english if you'd prefer.
You said you didn't know what time you would be able to be there - is it because you're working or something?
I'm so happy it's 5 days into my vacation, so if I'll have to camp outside the store- I can do it. If I don't have to, I'll just be at the beach for 4 days and then get my new phone :D

You're right, it would be cool to meet up! The reason I can't get there early is that I am going to be working with one of my professors all night at Stockholm Uni designing a webpage for an English Linguistic Conference being held next June. The page has to be up on July 11th (just my luck) to announce the Call for Papers. I believe the earliest I would be able to arrive is about 8 am.

If you are camping out then maybe you can save me a spot and I can bring coffee and kanelbullar lol. Now this all depends on the news I got two days ago from a friend who works at Telia (I can't say where since I want to protect her identity as much as I can). Here's what she told me:

1) Telia is giving 3 day workshops for all of its employees so that they are familiar with the phone. This also likely includes how to activate it in-store.

2) No fianal word on pricing but she said that the 8Gb would likely go for about 1600kr, she was not sure of the 16Gb iPhone cost.

3) Telia has not decided yet what kind of plans they will make available but they talking about using the 599kr unlimited plan as the high-end plan.

4) Telia employees will get good discounts on an iPhone if they wish to purchase one.

5) There was talk at one point of limiting the 16Gb iPhone to companies and businesses only but not many agreed that this was the way to proceed.

6) All Telia stores will get a limited number of iPhones with the second shipment expected to arrive 3 weeks after the initial release.

7)Activation (whether in-store only or at home) has not yet been decided.

Ok, well that's what I know and everyone else now knows lol.

Hope to see you and anyone else wishing to meet up at the Telia on Kungsgatan!

Woien
Jun 21, 2008, 04:26 AM
Nice with some info, rumors or not :)
I think 599 plan would be the highend too in sweden.
I am ready for that, I had that before, but changed to a cheaper plan (obundet) 6 months ago to get ready for iphone.

I am coming back from holiday 22 july, and my only worry is that the Iphones are soldout and take a long time before they have new ones..

Is there anyone with experience with telias 3G network ? is it ok or slow ?

SMacDuff
Jun 21, 2008, 06:12 AM
Nice with some info, rumors or not :)
I think 599 plan would be the highend too in sweden.
I am ready for that, I had that before, but changed to a cheaper plan (obundet) 6 months ago to get ready for iphone.

I am coming back from holiday 22 july, and my only worry is that the Iphones are soldout and take a long time before they have new ones..

Is there anyone with experience with telias 3G network ? is it ok or slow ?

Well, 599 is a bit steep for me but I can manage it. Depending on how Telia handles sales, you might be able to book one after they start selling them in stores. In that case, you would only have to wait a week or so until the next shipment arrives (if my source is correct).

I don't have any experience with Telia's 3G network but I hated 3's coverage. Plus 3 loves to add on extra little charges onto your bill so I'm hoping Telia will at least be better in that regard. Anyone else have any experience with Telia's 3G net?

SMacDuff
Jun 25, 2008, 04:59 PM
Just got an email from Telia that I'm sure most of you have seen already. Telia is going to go with 3 special plans made just for the iPhone although they still fail to give any price details for the iPhone or each plan. What they do outline is what each plan entails:

iMini - xKr per month, 100 free minutes, 100 free sms, 100mb free data. iPhone cost = xKr

iMidi - yKr per month, 250 free minutes, 250 free sms, 250Mb free data. iPhone cost = yKr.

iMaxi - zKr per month, 1000 free minutes, 1000 free sms, 1000Mb free data. iPhone price = zKr.

You can only buy 1 iPhone per contract and Telia states that you can use other plans and they recommend the unlimited plan currently going for 599Kr/month.

My impressions:

It appears that the three plans will be less costly than the unlimited plan otherwise why mention it as an alternative.

It also appears that the plan you choose will determine the cost of the phone which, as you all know, is something that is often done here.

Data over and above that included with your plan will cost 20Kr per Mb which is a bit more than the typical 15Kr per Mb I have now with Tele2/Comviq. I can see many people going over the limit, especially those that have never owned an iPhone and have only purchased a Mini or Midi plan.

Again, hope to see some of you at the Kungsgatan Telia on the 11th.

omnigame
Jun 27, 2008, 09:20 AM
You've mixed things up, SMacDuff. The unlimited plan mentioned isn't the 599 a month plan you refer to, but a 199/month dataplan that is bought in addition to whatever ordinary plan you have. Click the link on Telia's page and you'll see that I'm right. :)

Anyway, the prices for iMini, iMidi, and iMaxi are now published on Telia's website (link (http://www.telia.se/privat/produkter_tjanster/mobilt/produkterocherbjudanden/apple/iphone.page)). These plans vary from 299 SEK/month for the cheapest to a whopping 899 SEK a month for iMaxi. The phone itself will cost between 1 SEK to 3295 SEK depending on plan (and phone).

If you exceed your data alottment you will still be paying a maximum of 9 SEK/day, according to the site.

Still, many questions remain unanswered.

omnigame
Jun 27, 2008, 09:25 AM
I've published a map of Telia stores in Göteborg that will sell iPhones on the 11th of July on my blog (omnigame.se/blog (http://omnigame.se/blog/)).

Mydel
Jun 28, 2008, 06:20 AM
I've published a map of Telia stores in Göteborg that will sell iPhones on the 11th of July on my blog (omnigame.se/blog (http://omnigame.se/blog/)).

Thanks! Im still a little lost with all that plans. I dont need minutes but more data would be welcome. 100MB on a cheapest plan is a joke!!!!!

Woien
Jun 28, 2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks! Im still a little lost with all that plans. I dont need minutes but more data would be welcome. 100MB on a cheapest plan is a joke!!!!!

I have to calculate alot..now I feel 1Gb as it isw on the largest plan is to little too..but a fact is that the telia HOMERUN will be for free, and thats is a good new as Iphone is great on change from (in the old phone) edge to wireless without my notice.

So if I am in known areas with homerun it will change to that swiftly and you will use Homerun instead for 3G.

So then the question coming to me..as I never use my phone so much for SMS and talking..is it enough with the smallest plan ??

Maybe..899 a month seems like the most expensive in the world, and I am sure it is too, so that will never be a blockbuster for telia.

299:- / month might be my choice.

Can anyone inform us here if it is possible to order on the internet before launch?
Becouse i am in thailand and I want to give away my phone before I go home, but cant live without it more than some days....

SMacDuff
Jun 29, 2008, 06:52 AM
You've mixed things up, SMacDuff. The unlimited plan mentioned isn't the 599 a month plan you refer to, but a 199/month dataplan that is bought in addition to whatever ordinary plan you have. Click the link on Telia's page and you'll see that I'm right. :)

Anyway, the prices for iMini, iMidi, and iMaxi are now published on Telia's website (link (http://www.telia.se/privat/produkter_tjanster/mobilt/produkterocherbjudanden/apple/iphone.page)). These plans vary from 299 SEK/month for the cheapest to a whopping 899 SEK a month for iMaxi. The phone itself will cost between 1 SEK to 3295 SEK depending on plan (and phone).

If you exceed your data alottment you will still be paying a maximum of 9 SEK/day, according to the site.

Still, many questions remain unanswered.

When I referred to the Unlimited Plan, I was referring to the 599 talk/sms plan only and not considering data. You're right that the data plan is 199 however, i stand corrected and my initial observation is moot since we now have the true prices. I truly cannot understand what Telia was thinking with these rates. As Woien states, 100Mb is a joke for this phone as are the other plans. I would have liked to see 500/1000/Unlimited plans at those prices but I suppose they are worried about slowing down the 3G net and thought that people would want the iPhone regardless of the prices they posted.

Many are now considering one of the other plans in conjunction with the 199 data plan. I don't know if that would work or how much Telia would then charge for the iPhone if you did not sign up for one of their three special plans. I guess we are all waiting for that info.

@Woien

You can order the internet ahead of time but only if you intend to go with a different plan other than the three iPhone plans. They will only be available (as far as we know now) when the iPhone is released on July 11th.

I'm in the same boat as you are...I don't make that many calls or send very many sms messages but need a much higher data rate so my idea is to either 1) go with a regular plan like Telia till Vänner and then add the 199 data plan or 2) simply go with either the 299 or 589 iPhone plan and do most of my data downloading via WiFi which is what I did with my original iPhone. The problem with the first option is that Telia has not yet stated how much they will charge people for the iPhone if they choose to use a plan other than the 3 iPhone plans.

Mydel
Jun 30, 2008, 05:17 AM
When I referred to the Unlimited Plan, I was referring to the 599 talk/sms plan only and not considering data. You're right that the data plan is 199 however, i stand corrected and my initial observation is moot since we now have the true prices. I truly cannot understand what Telia was thinking with these rates. As Woien states, 100Mb is a joke for this phone as are the other plans. I would have liked to see 500/1000/Unlimited plans at those prices but I suppose they are worried about slowing down the 3G net and thought that people would want the iPhone regardless of the prices they posted.

Many are now considering one of the other plans in conjunction with the 199 data plan. I don't know if that would work or how much Telia would then charge for the iPhone if you did not sign up for one of their three special plans. I guess we are all waiting for that info.

@Woien

You can order the internet ahead of time but only if you intend to go with a different plan other than the three iPhone plans. They will only be available (as far as we know now) when the iPhone is released on July 11th.

I'm in the same boat as you are...I don't make that many calls or send very many sms messages but need a much higher data rate so my idea is to either 1) go with a regular plan like Telia till Vänner and then add the 199 data plan or 2) simply go with either the 299 or 589 iPhone plan and do most of my data downloading via WiFi which is what I did with my original iPhone. The problem with the first option is that Telia has not yet stated how much they will charge people for the iPhone if they choose to use a plan other than the 3 iPhone plans.

I asked Telia in Nordstan Goteborg and they told me that you could take unlimited data for 199 on the top of your iMini but after you use your 100MB limit on cheapest plan you can NOT be charged more than 9 SEK a day for data. If you add this up its still cheaper than 199SEK extra for unlimited

erkus
Jun 30, 2008, 11:36 AM
I asked Telia in Nordstan Goteborg and they told me that you could take unlimited data for 199 on the top of your iMini but after you use your 100MB limit on cheapest plan you can NOT be charged more than 9 SEK a day for data. If you add this up its still cheaper than 199SEK extra for unlimited

If you use all 100 megs on day one (which I'm shure I will while fiddling around with it) You've got a nice max-9-SEK-a-day fee to look forward to for the rest of the month. And last time i checked 9*30 = 270 and that is NOT cheaper than 199...

SMacDuff
Jun 30, 2008, 12:07 PM
I don't doubt that there are many considering other options than the three plans. Adding the 199 unlimited to any of the three plans is, in my mind, overkill since the maxtaxan is not that much more (as Erkus points out). Used with one of Telia's GSM plans, the unlimited data plan would make sense. But, just what is the cost of the iPhone when doing that?

One thing we all have to consider is all the "extra" costs involved with any of the three plans...is there an charge for initiating each call etc..?

I still haven't decided how I'm going to work it although I'm leaning towards the 489kr plan over 24 months OR Telia till Vänner with the 199 data plan.

erkus
Jun 30, 2008, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna go for the iMini. My only concern is that the 100 megs of data won't be enough. If i break the limit then I'm gonna land at 299 + (days left of the month) * 9.

They say "max 9kr/day", but since the tariff says 20kr/MB you basically just have 0.45 megs each day until you reach 9 kr and if you use the iPhone enough to break 100 MB within a month you're probably using more data than that each day. So I think that in reality, it's more "9kr/day" than "max 9kr/day" for additional data.

The only question that remains to be answered is how fast does those 100 MB run out? If you run out of data and there is enough days left in the month to make the 9kr/day sum up to a larger amount than 199kr, then the unlimited data plan isn't such a bad idea. I'll probably wait a month or two before I decide if I'm gonna add that option. I want to se how fast those megs tick away first.

Some calculations:

199kr ≈ 9kr/day * 22 days
1 month ≈ 30 days
30 - 22 = 8
100MB/8 = 12.5MB

So if I have an average higher than 12.5MB/day in used data then I'll go for the unlimited data plan, If not I'll settle for just the iMidi. :D

josielinnea
Jul 1, 2008, 03:36 AM
I'm on tele2 with my "old" iPhone. When I got the phone I signed up for the data-package 1GB for 39kr a month. I haven't cared much about it until now, and I went to check with tele2 and I've actually never been over 100MB a month. It's varied between 85MB, down to 27MB one month, but never above 100MB in the 10 months I've had it.

And I use my iPhone a lot for browsing cause I easily get bored :-)

So it looks like I'll be taking the iMini. I just worry about the textmessages. I use 500-600 texts a month...

Mydel
Jul 1, 2008, 04:37 AM
I'm on tele2 with my "old" iPhone. When I got the phone I signed up for the data-package 1GB for 39kr a month. I haven't cared much about it until now, and I went to check with tele2 and I've actually never been over 100MB a month. It's varied between 85MB, down to 27MB one month, but never above 100MB in the 10 months I've had it.

So it looks like I'll be taking the iMini. I just worry about the textmessages. I use 500-600 texts a month...

I also have an iPhone 2G but with Telia. I use about 150MB/month but lets face it. I would use more but 2G is just to slow and I dont wanna wait for pages to load that long. I think If I use it on regular basis I could wind up with 500MB/month. Also the question remains if we can use iphone as modem for the laptop. Than its really worth to take unlimited for 199 on top of some plan. I think I will go with iMini and look how much it will cost me in overage. Than you can always upgrade.

erkus
Jul 2, 2008, 01:32 PM
They've put all the other price-options on the telia site now

aka.gus
Jul 3, 2008, 03:39 AM
I checked out the other plans that you can sign up for (förresten, måste man prata engelska här?), and I've decided to opt for Telia Mobil 99. Of course, that means I'll pay 4220kr for the 16gb iPhone, but after doing my maths, I came to the conclusion that I'd still save a ****load of money since the monthly cost of 300sek INCLUDES unlimited data, which would otherwise be an extra cost each month, since I'll be surfing a lot with 3G (in Stockholm the 3g coverage is pretty sweet, so faster surfing and thus more data...)

Plus, since I'll be selling my Touch, I'll still get my phone subsidized :p

BOOYAH.

=)

btw, here's a link to the complete pricing:
http://www.telia.se/privat/produkter_tjanster/mobilt/produkterocherbjudanden/apple/iphone_pris_privat.page

I thought that Tele2 didn't have an EDGE network, so wouldn't that mean that you're surfing over gprs when wi-fi's not around?

Maybe that would explain why you've never reached 100megs in a month. Or am I completely out biking? (Sorry, couldn't resist the swenglish).

aka.gus
Jul 3, 2008, 04:10 AM
-

SMacDuff
Jul 4, 2008, 05:30 AM
I checked out the other plans that you can sign up for (förresten, måste man prata engelska här?), and I've decided to opt for Telia Mobil 99. Of course, that means I'll pay 4220kr for the 16gb iPhone, but after doing my maths, I came to the conclusion that I'd still save a ****load of money since the monthly cost of 300sek INCLUDES unlimited data, which would otherwise be an extra cost each month, since I'll be surfing a lot with 3G (in Stockholm the 3g coverage is pretty sweet, so faster surfing and thus more data...)

Plus, since I'll be selling my Touch, I'll still get my phone subsidized :p

BOOYAH.

=)

btw, here's a link to the complete pricing:
http://www.telia.se/privat/produkter_tjanster/mobilt/produkterocherbjudanden/apple/iphone_pris_privat.page

I thought that Tele2 didn't have an EDGE network, so wouldn't that mean that you're surfing over gprs when wi-fi's not around?

Maybe that would explain why you've never reached 100megs in a month. Or am I completely out biking? (Sorry, couldn't resist the swenglish).

First of all, GPRS is the standard for GSM/EDGE which, of course, Tele2 does have. With that said, I think that there is going to be a huge difference in the amount of data used with the 3G iPhone since the Appstore is going to provide many more programs for download than Installer ever did. Add to that the use of the GPS function and it's easy to see how things will change.

Like josielinnea, I rarely downloaded more than 100Mb per month on my original iPhone. There simply weren't enough useful programs to justify a continuous monthly download rate. Once you had all the programs you wanted on the phone, your download rates dropped significantly. That will change with the new iPhone for the reasons mentioned above.

Most of my program/app downloading is going to be done using my home or university Wifi or at a Telia hotspot so it will not affect my data rates and therefore I don't need unlimited data. My only concern is the talk time/sms limits. I'm thinking of either going for the iMidi package or the Max25 plan although the Max25 plan means that i would have to pay 5000+SEK for the phone. I don't have that much to put towards the phone so it looks more and more like the iMidi plan.

aka.gus
Jul 4, 2008, 03:22 PM
First of all, GPRS is the standard for GSM/EDGE which, of course, Tele2 does have.

Ok, but as far as I've understood, Tele2 doesn't fully "support" EDGE, so although you're technically on EDGE, you'll still be surfing at regular GPRS speeds, which are quite far from the speeds you can get off i.e. Telia's EDGE network. Which would mean that you download less data via gprs while you're out -let's say on the bus- than you would surfing via 3g since you would be able to download more data faster.

Right?

And as far as programs go, I agree that they probably won't use up very much traffic. However, I firmly believe that said traffic will be used (a lot quicker) spending time on youtube, reading newspaper sites and other data heavy web pages.

But I really wish I could have a trial month or so with the iPhone 3G- it would be very nice to find out exactly how much data I would download before I commit to any of the plans.

josielinnea
Jul 5, 2008, 10:41 AM
I know tele2 is on GPRS (and not EDGE) but it's not something that has ever bothered me. I will use WIFI whenever I can and it doesn't really matter if it's 3G or GPRS to me. The GPS & white model is the big deal for me :-)

So, I don't think I'll use more than 100MB per month with the new phone either.

I think I'll go with the Telia Mobil 99:-, or Telia till vänner 69:- and then abort the "Free Internet use 199kr/month", unlock it as soon as there is a hack, and then either keep paying 99kr or 69kr/month to Telia but not use it, or cancel the contract and pay all the monthly fee's once.

That way the iPhone will cost me 4220:- (16gb, 18 month contract) + the termination fee of 1242:- -> 1782:- later.

I just sold me old iPhone with the "AirPlane-mode" error message for 2,7k. I'm alright with the cost of the upgrade :-)

josielinnea
Jul 8, 2008, 05:01 AM
Telia just confirmed in their newsletter that the stores in Stockholm (Kungsgatan and the biggest store in Gothenburg and Malmo, will open at midnight and will be open for 3 hours (until 03 am).

I'll be there. Who else will?

khenleywrfr
Jul 9, 2008, 02:12 AM
Well, I am trying to make sure that there will be no problems switching from Tele2 to Telia, before I go in to do it, especially at midnight. I won't be in the mood to find out there are problems. I will be in the mood to get my iPhone and start playing with it right away. :)

As for planning on being there at midnight, I think I will be there, if only to make sure that I don't have to wait a few weeks or a month until the next batch comes.

Does anyone know if the other stores will have the iPhone later in the day or will anyone who wants an iPhone (for now) need to go to Kungsgatan?

Kaleb

SMacDuff
Jul 9, 2008, 09:31 AM
Well, I am trying to make sure that there will be no problems switching from Tele2 to Telia, before I go in to do it, especially at midnight. I won't be in the mood to find out there are problems. I will be in the mood to get my iPhone and start playing with it right away. :)

As for planning on being there at midnight, I think I will be there, if only to make sure that I don't have to wait a few weeks or a month until the next batch comes.

Does anyone know if the other stores will have the iPhone later in the day or will anyone who wants an iPhone (for now) need to go to Kungsgatan?

Kaleb

From what I read on Telia's website, only the three flagship stores will be opening at midnight and I expect that there will be huge lineups starting well before the opening time. I may take a look at the lineup on Kungsgatan in Stockholm and see how long it is around 7pm. If it's not that bad, I'll join the line. If it is (and this answers your question), then I'll wait until 10am and got to one of the other Telia stores which will start selling iPhones at that time. I imagine the bulk of iPhones will be found on Kungsgatan but hopefully the other stores have enough so I can get one.

@josielinnea - From what i just read (sorry, can't remember the website but maybe Engadget or Gizmondo), there seems to be no white iPhones available. Looks like it may have to be black at this time.

I still haven't decided which plan to go with but my choices are severely limited since my cashflow is also severely limited. I really don't like the battery life when using 3G so using GPRS is the better choice in my opinion. I can't see myself using the GPS function that often besides to occasionally show off lol and i'll do all my data downloads over Wifi so, like you, I don't need the unlimited data plan. I'm now wondering if I should wait a while until i have more cash and go with the Max25 plan. It seems to be the best plan for me at this time. Decisions, decisions....

josielinnea
Jul 9, 2008, 11:01 AM
@josielinnea - From what i just read (sorry, can't remember the website but maybe Engadget or Gizmondo), there seems to be no white iPhones available. Looks like it may have to be black at this time.

I've read it too and it seems only to be in the UK.
I will be incredibly mad it there aren't any white ones. There's a press-release saying that they're open from this and that time, launching the iPhone and for more info go to apple.se etc... and there's no info that the white ones wouldn't be there.

Therefore, they would have one incredibly mad customer if I had waited there and they knew there wouldn't be any white ones and I would have to come back later.

josielinnea
Jul 10, 2008, 04:56 AM
I would have thought this thread to be more active :-)

So, would it be ok to think that everyone will be there at 8pm? Or do you guys plan on arriving later?

SMacDuff
Jul 10, 2008, 07:12 AM
I would have thought this thread to be more active :-)

So, would it be ok to think that everyone will be there at 8pm? Or do you guys plan on arriving later?

I'm at Stockholm Uni right now but plan to take a quick trip over to Kungsgatan at 4pm just to check out the line. i won't be able to stay but my plan was to be there around 8pm as well if the lineup isn't too long at 4pm. Hopefully not. i also thought this thread would be more active but I guess many are using other forums to communicate.

Addendum: I will post here when I find out how long the lineup is on Kungsgatan. It'll take me about 45 minutes to get home so expect a post around 5pm.

Addendum 2: Have just been to Kungsgatan and there are about 20-25 people already in line. Telia is setting up their cameras for a live broadcast from their website and the sun is shining lol.

khenleywrfr
Jul 10, 2008, 12:20 PM
They sent out a notice saying that you could reserve your iPhone at 20.00 at:
http://www.telia.se/iphone/
Not sure what they are going to ask for or how it will work, but I intend to find out in about 40 minutes. I have taken care of my Tele2 contract stuff so now I am set to get the phone.

Any updates on that line? 25 people isn't bad.

As for the discussion on plans, I am planning on taking the Mini plan. Due to working around wifi, having it at home, etc, I don't think I will take up my limit too quickly. If I have to, I will upgrade later. I have already downloaded a few programs for the phone. What I hope to be able to play with is the GPS tomorrow as I head out to Arvika on the train. :)

To all of you going tonight in Stockholm, maybe see you there.

Update... Well, I just drove past the que and decided that since it was around the corner... and I have to work in the morning, I will just buy mine in the morning, assuming some are still available. :)

josielinnea
Jul 10, 2008, 07:33 PM
Back and synced my new phone.

I arrived at 5.30 to Kungsgatan and was number 35 in line. When we did the last count about an hour before launch there was 200 people behind me.

Met some great people and now I have my precious white iPhone :D

SMacDuff
Jul 10, 2008, 08:40 PM
Back and synced my new phone.

I arrived at 5.30 to Kungsgatan and was number 35 in line. When we did the last count about an hour before launch there was 200 people behind me.

Met some great people and now I have my precious white iPhone :D

Congrats on the new iPhone josielinnea! It's 3:39am and I just got home and activated and synced my 16gb black iPhone. Love it! I was well behind you in line. Arrived at 7:45pm and was 111 in line.

khenleywrfr
Jul 11, 2008, 03:58 AM
Well, since I was lazy and didn't want to wait in the huge line last night (and I wanted to sleep) I went and got in the que this morning. I was 14th of about 25-30.

I am now sitting at the office with my iPhone 3G. The fun thing is... There apparently was a boxing mistake... I purchased the 8GB (have a 30GB iPod) and came to discover that it is a 16GB phone. All serials match up, but apparently I got a 'free' upgrade. :) Who am I to complain??

SMacDuff
Jul 11, 2008, 05:47 AM
Well, since I was lazy and didn't want to wait in the huge line last night (and I wanted to sleep) I went and got in the que this morning. I was 14th of about 25-30.

I am now sitting at the office with my iPhone 3G. The fun thing is... There apparently was a boxing mistake... I purchased the 8GB (have a 30GB iPod) and came to discover that it is a 16GB phone. All serials match up, but apparently I got a 'free' upgrade. :) Who am I to complain??

Nice one! Does it say 8gb on your receipt as well? If so, then you lucked out big time. I was surprised at the change in prices from Telia's website and what we paid last night. I had a limited cash supply and thought I would have to resort to getting the iMidi package but really didn't want to use 3G because 1) there has been talk of calls being dropped during conversations while using 3G and 2) battery life when using 3G is much lower. I ended up getting the Telia Mobil 199 package over 24 months at a cost of 920kr in the store.

Enjoy your new 16gb iPhone!