PDA

View Full Version : Vienna, Austria, EU

schenz
Jun 15, 2008, 05:33 AM
As we have no Apple Stores, like essentially almost everywhere in the EU, I'll get my iPhone 3G directly from the carrier.

I will preorder mine as soon as the system to do so works properly (so that I can order a "grosse Plaudertasche YOUNG" - t-mobile is definitely not an option for me) - but does anybody know whether they'll deliver the iPhone to my home then or if i will be required to pick it up? If the second, who's gonna join me? :)

And, secondly, does anybody know, whether one can exchange the "iPhone-Pack" with a "H.U.I." plan? For there's 1000 free SMS included in "grosse Plaudertasche YOUNG" I won't need the 100 SMS included in the "iPhone-Pack" and would better like the 15 GB of data included in "H.U.I." than the 3 GB od data included in the "iPhone-Pack".

See you!

ergdegdeg
Jun 16, 2008, 03:51 AM
I don't think that using H.U.I. is an option. They want to earn as much as they can :p
I'll wait till December and see what's going on as I'm still in another contract and don't want to cancel it.

schenz
Jun 16, 2008, 05:59 AM
of course they do, but they can only do so if they win costumers - and these they won't get if behaving too greedily. :o

well, at least they said Große Plaudertasche was an option despite it's not available at the webshop as for now and to me asking whether I had to take the iPhone-Pack the answered they recommended it - but that didn't sound like I had to ^^

schenz
Jul 6, 2008, 05:58 PM
I'm curious: is there no one from Vienna interested in buying an iPhone or is there simply no MacRumors reader from Vienna?

Please post, therefore, a response even if you're not interested in buying an iPhone but living in Vienna. :)

schenz
Jul 8, 2008, 03:45 PM
would you rather get the t-mobile contract or the one by "one"? I mean, over the whole two year period t-mobile is € 6 cheaper, but it does not include SMS, and it's cheaper for the first 10.000 to order only.

I mean, seriously, one offers the best plans of all plans internationally I've seen, especially for those aged 26 or less.

What do you think?

PS: Ist here not even one single reader from Vienna or surrounding?!

HGreenwood
Jul 9, 2008, 02:53 AM
You are not the only austrian here ;)

So... after calling ONE, T-Mobile and McShark .. talking with an former ONE Executive (regarding mobile coverage) I decided to go with T-Mobile and ordert yesterday 5min after I got the Mail from T-Mobile ;)

The ONE Plan is cheaper - by approx 50€ over the 2 years exclusive SMS, but I hardly use them / have an sms.at Account.

And the most important point, the ONE Service Hotline empl. told my that ONE will get no iPhones on friday... they expect them in 2 to 4 weeks - don't know if thats true, just one source thats not quite trustfull more of a rumor ;)

So, know I don't know when I get my iPhone - TMA sends it by mail...

Up for a iPhone Meetup next week at WerkzeugH?

schenz
Jul 9, 2008, 05:55 PM
yeah, I use SMS a lot, so the ONE plan is perfect for me.

I've never been to WerkzeugH. Is it nice there? I should give it a try week.

...and hopefully I'll have my iPhone by then. :(

HGreenwood
Jul 10, 2008, 01:05 AM
ONE iPhone Vorverkauf

http://twitpic.com/3fbk

schenz
Jul 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
http://twitpic.com/3fbk

the link seems to not work.

However, I found out, that ONE ships iPhones on July 11th as I received the confirmation that it has left their logistics centre. :D can't wait. - but they did say they would do so nevertheless, as their homepage states: "Erhältlich ab 11. Juli."

The one thing I'll find out tomorrow is whether ONE offers visual voicemail. One the one hand I can't see Apple signing a contract with a company that doesn't offer the service, but on the other hand the service is mentioned not one single time. :confused: