PDA

View Full Version : New Orleans, LA

DiamondMac
Jun 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
So excited!

Anyone have any specific plans in mind of a store?

WPB2
Jul 2, 2008, 09:05 PM
Where you gonna be at and what time?

chaseardoin7
Jul 2, 2008, 11:04 PM
i'm gonna make the drive to camp out at
the apple store in baton rouge. it's bound
to be a little more exciting than going to
an at&t store like i did for the first launch
last year.

chase :apple:

WPB2
Jul 3, 2008, 07:32 AM
i'm gonna make the drive to camp out at
the apple store in baton rouge. it's bound
to be a little more exciting than going to
an at&t store like i did for the first launch
last year.

chase :apple:

So you were at the 2007 launch at ATT store, was there alot of peeps there?
I want to go where theres no line. I have to go straight to work from the store. Do you think people will mind if I wait in line then my wife joins me later after people are behind me?

chaseardoin7
Jul 3, 2008, 11:26 AM
So you were at the 2007 launch at ATT store, was there alot of peeps there?
I want to go where theres no line. I have to go straight to work from the store. Do you think people will mind if I wait in line then my wife joins me later after people are behind me?

i was at the att store in lake charles. i camped out the night before. by noon the day of launch there were 5 people in line. by the time they went on sale at 6, there were 60+ people in line. as long as your wife is not buying a phone, people will not mind. if she is, that is just basically cutting.

WPB2
Jul 3, 2008, 12:42 PM
i was at the att store in lake charles. i camped out the night before. by noon the day of launch there were 5 people in line. by the time they went on sale at 6, there were 60+ people in line. as long as your wife is not buying a phone, people will not mind. if she is, that is just basically cutting.

Im not standing in lime for me im standing in line for her, just to hold her spot. cause im a good husband.

chaseardoin7
Jul 3, 2008, 03:09 PM
Im not standing in lime for me im standing in line for her, just to hold her spot. cause im a good husband.

haha. well i see no problem with that. the guy in line behind me was being paid $500 by some millionaire to stand in line for him.

sofresh
Jul 6, 2008, 06:29 PM
I was thinking one of the Metairie AT&T stores (versus apple store in baton rouge). I went to the Clearview/I-10 service road store to "pre-register" (as was recommended by AT&T) ....and the employees there looked at me like I fell off a boat. Clueless. They also suggested that I plan on camping out, as there was an overnight line for the original iPhone launch. What AT&T store do you think would have the least traffic? The only other one I know of off-hand is by Lakeside. Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

icecold0913
Jul 9, 2008, 12:09 AM
Unfortunately I don't have the link, but at&t's website has a store locator, so you can scope out all the locations beforehand. I'm just going to drive by all the at&t stores in my area until I find one with the shortest line.

Luckily, for the next iPhone launch we'll have our own Apple Store in Lakeside! Word!

DiamondMac
Aug 1, 2008, 01:27 AM
How are people doing finding them in New Orleans lately?

jav6454
Aug 1, 2008, 09:56 AM
How are people doing finding them in New Orleans lately?

A friend wanted one, he went to Clearview Mall AT&T store, Cheateu AT&T Store, Williams Blvd AT&T Store, and another AT&T store around Bonnabel and they were allout. I was like dam, told him he had to go all the way to Baton Rouge.

However, the Cheateu AT&T Store clerk did say they (that store) might get some in 2-3 days.

TommyLee
Aug 17, 2008, 09:59 PM
How are people doing finding them in New Orleans lately?Well, I'm a repair technician so they kind of just fall in my lap. :confused: