PDA

View Full Version : Tucson, AZ

DocStone
Jun 15, 2008, 11:38 AM
Anyone going to meet in Tucson at La Encantada?

Fundillo
Jun 15, 2008, 05:21 PM
Probably just going to go to the AT&T store on Broadway :(
La Enc is too damn far

Xiph0s
Jun 15, 2008, 07:16 PM
I'll meet at La Encantada, what time you getting there?

skyfallenstar
Jun 16, 2008, 01:08 AM
I'll be there. If the sale time is 6pm, I still need to figure out when I'm going to get there. Probably early afternoon? :/

DocStone
Jun 16, 2008, 11:35 AM
I guess I will be there about 4 or so. I know they will have the phone and it should be a quick in and out kinda thing.

Xiph0s
Jun 16, 2008, 07:16 PM
Quick and easy? How long does the in-store activation usually take? Seeing how we all have to activate in-store.

Applegal
Jun 16, 2008, 07:50 PM
I have to work till 4pm, but I will bring clothes change and then head over to the Apple Store should be there around 430. :D

I am upgrading so I am hoping it wont be too bad..

I live on the east side, I could go to the 22nd and Broadway AT&T Store, but I am not sure what their supplies will be. :confused:

How was the line last year??

Fundillo
Jun 17, 2008, 04:48 PM
You guys think there will be enough at the at&t store? because if not ill just go up North

oranges
Jun 17, 2008, 05:49 PM
I'll be at La Encantada.

Applegal
Jun 17, 2008, 10:22 PM
I went by the AT&T Store on 22and and Broadway today and they are unsure of how many they are getting. I am not sure if the AT&T stores know how many they are getting.:confused: He said the line was wrapped around to the Cold Stone Creamery.

La Encantada for me..

jlanuez
Jun 21, 2008, 02:15 AM
I was first in line for the initial launch last year at the AT&T store on Broadway & Wilmot.

I don't think I'm going to bother with launch day again!

Applegal
Jun 23, 2008, 07:36 AM
Since I missed last years launch I want to make it this year! I will make the best of it.

Should be able to get the day off as well! :)

Xiph0s
Jul 1, 2008, 06:10 PM
I've finally decided to go to La Encantada :), Do we know what time the apple store is opening? I plan to get there like an hour early or something, nothing bizarre for me.

Applegal
Jul 2, 2008, 01:49 PM
Sadly we don't know what time the Apple Store will start selling. Soon we will know. I am wondering how busy it will be, now that the rate and plan pricing have been released. People are not very happy. That's ok though! LOL it will make sure I get one :D:p:D:p:cool:

Xiph0s
Jul 6, 2008, 04:34 PM
Sadly we don't know what time the Apple Store will start selling. Soon we will know. I am wondering how busy it will be, now that the rate and plan pricing have been released. People are not very happy. That's ok though! LOL it will make sure I get one :D:p:D:p:cool:

Agreed. Good.

anubis
Jul 6, 2008, 06:18 PM
I was about 6th in line at the AT&T store near Campbell and Fort Lowell last year for the iPhone launch. They ended up not even running out of phones. Biggest waste of time in my life... this year I think I'll wait for a couple of days for the crowds to die down and then stroll in without a line... But you guys can knock yourselves out this year ;):D

Xiph0s
Jul 7, 2008, 09:18 AM
I was about 6th in line at the AT&T store near Campbell and Fort Lowell last year for the iPhone launch. They ended up not even running out of phones. Biggest waste of time in my life... this year I think I'll wait for a couple of days for the crowds to die down and then stroll in without a line... But you guys can knock yourselves out this year ;):D

How early did you show up?

Applegal
Jul 7, 2008, 11:49 AM
I can't wait a couple more days!

Everyone still going to La Encantada??

Still waiting to see if they La Encantada will open at regular time or same time as AT&T Stores. :)

anubis
Jul 7, 2008, 12:29 PM
How early did you show up?

About 1:30

Applegal
Jul 7, 2008, 06:33 PM
The Apple Store starts the launch at 8AM!!!!

I will be at La Encantada between 6am and 7am. Does anyone think that is too early?

:):):)

Xiph0s
Jul 7, 2008, 07:04 PM
I'm still deciding where to go actually. How were the stores last time? Im located near the University (Because I go there). I'm trying to decide between the AT&T store down oracle, near the mall, or just encantada

Xiph0s
Jul 8, 2008, 12:37 AM
The Apple Store starts the launch at 8AM!!!!

I will be at La Encantada between 6am and 7am. Does anyone think that is too early?

:):):)

If you show up at 6am I'll wait with you. I need someone to talk to lol.

Applegal
Jul 8, 2008, 07:49 AM
If you show up at 6am I'll wait with you. I need someone to talk to lol.

Sounds good I will be there at 6am!

I am up right now at 548am for work and I am glad the sun is up!:cool:

:)

gildog
Jul 8, 2008, 10:06 AM
Im still not sure if I should go to La Encantada. DO you think the security there will let us lineup?

Xiph0s
Jul 8, 2008, 10:24 AM
Sounds good I will be there at 6am!

I am up right now at 548am for work and I am glad the sun is up!:cool:

Come to think of it...Tucson shouldnt be TOO bad seeing how the University is out for the summer.

EDIT: I think im finally leaning towards the white one. I was pretty set on buying the black one up until today.

Applegal
Jul 8, 2008, 09:46 PM
Im still not sure if I should go to La Encantada. DO you think the security there will let us lineup?

I hoping it wont be too bad. Since La Encantada is a nice outdoor shopping center, I am sure security will be aware that people will be lining up for an 8am lunch.

Come to think of it...Tucson shouldnt be TOO bad seeing how the University is out for the summer.

EDIT: I think im finally leaning towards the white one. I was pretty set on buying the black one up until today.

You do have a point. School is out for the summer.

:cool:

The white one does look cool!!The black one you will be able to see the smudges :(

I just hope they have some of the new case options available.

I am looking at Countourcase.com (http://www.contourcase.com)

Any other ideas?

gildog
Jul 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
What time are you planning on getting there? I was thinking 4 or 5AM. I like the cases at that website but I'm also looking at http://goincase.com/ , still not sure yet

Xiph0s
Jul 9, 2008, 12:28 AM
What time are you planning on getting there? I was thinking 4 or 5AM. I like the cases at that website but I'm also looking at http://goincase.com/ , still not sure yet

I think I decided on 6am at the AT&T on Oracle and Wetmore, if thats crowded I'll just keep driving north up to La Encantada

Applegal
Jul 9, 2008, 07:25 AM

I was planning on getting there around 6 to see how the lines are. I am still debating on if I should bring breakfast. We will see.

Xiph0s
Jul 9, 2008, 04:44 PM
I was planning on getting there around 6 to see how the lines are. I am still debating on if I should bring breakfast. We will see.

If you bring some, bring me some :)

Applegal
Jul 9, 2008, 07:10 PM
If you bring some, bring me some :)

For sure! I am thinking breakfast is going to be a must. What would you like? I can get it. I was thinking:

Mcdonalds Egg McMuffins ..

Bruegers Bagels...

Any other ideas?

Just let me know and I get it as long as you save me a spot in line..

Xiph0s
Jul 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
For sure! I am thinking breakfast is going to be a must. What would you like I can get it. I was thinking:

Mcdonalds Egg McMuffins ..

Bruegers Bagels...

Any other ideas?

Just let me know and I get it as long as you save me a spot in line..

Sure..you are for sure going to encantada?

Applegal
Jul 9, 2008, 10:21 PM
Sure..you are for sure going to encantada?

absolutely, wouldn't miss it for the world!

Xiph0s
Jul 9, 2008, 10:54 PM
absolutely, wouldn't miss it for the world!

I'm still trying to decide on the oracle and wetmore AT&T store near the mall or encantada. I might drive to the AT&T on the way to encantada, if theres no line imma wait there

Applegal
Jul 10, 2008, 07:35 AM
I'm still trying to decide on the oracle and wetmore AT&T store near the mall or encantada. I might drive to the AT&T on the way to encantada, if theres no line imma wait there

Ok, that sounds good.

Xiph0s
Jul 10, 2008, 09:19 AM
Ok, that sounds good.

You gonna do the same?

**Change of plans ...its between La Encantada and the AT&T store down cambell(fort lowell).**

gildog
Jul 10, 2008, 04:52 PM
What time are you showing up at? I was thinking of going to that one also.

Xiph0s
Jul 10, 2008, 06:31 PM

5:30am - 6:00am

Applegal
Jul 10, 2008, 08:11 PM
You gonna do the same?

**Change of plans ...its between La Encantada and the AT&T store down cambell(fort lowell).**

Sadly both (Apple Store, and AT&T by Tucson Mall) are on the other side of town for me. I live on the East side . I have an AT&T store about a block away from me on 22and and Harrison. I wanted to go the Apple Store because

1. The local News might be there.
2. Just cooler to get it from an Apple Store.

May just check the line at the AT&T and then head over to La Encantada.

530-600@ La Encantada

Let me know final areas!

Xiph0s
Jul 10, 2008, 08:31 PM
Sadly both (Apple Store, and AT&T by Tucson Mall) are on the other side of town for me. I live on the East side . I have an AT&T store about a block away from me on 22and and Harrison. I wanted to go the Apple Store because

1. The local News might be there.
2. Just cooler to get it from an Apple Store.

May just check the line at the AT&T and then head over to La Encantada.

530-600@ La Encantada

Let me know final areas!

Nice..I hope everyone goes to La Encantada so the AT&T stores are empty :), its final im heading to the AT&T store on cambell and fort lowell at like 5:30-6am, then if the line is DEATH, I'll head to la encantada because I know they are gonna have more.

oranges
Jul 10, 2008, 08:57 PM
I spoke with the (nameless) manager of the La Encantada store who told me the line starts at 5am, so don't come earlier unless you're going to wait in the car. :)

And yes, I'll still be there. Everyone should probably wear a sticky of who they are. ;)

davidr
Jul 10, 2008, 09:05 PM
There is an AT&T store on W Irvington, just a little past I19. I'm going to be on that side of town tomorrow, what do you think the crowds will be like?

:D David

Applegal
Jul 10, 2008, 09:29 PM
Nice..I hope everyone goes to La Encantada so the AT&T stores are empty :), its final im heading to the AT&T store on cambell and fort lowell at like 5:30-6am, then if the line is DEATH, I'll head to la encantada because I know they are gonna have more.

Ok, sounds like a plan. Tough choice. I am sure by 600 I will be in place somewhere :)

Applegal
Jul 10, 2008, 09:33 PM
There is an AT&T store on W Irvington, just a little past I19. I'm going to be on that side of town tomorrow, what do you think the crowds will be like?

:D David

hopefully not too bad.

I wonder how many people are going to take off work tomorrow.

I AM!!!!!!!!!

the couple of people going to La Encantada..want breakfast while waiting?? or just going to wait till after to eat, or just go to bed..hehe..

oranges
Jul 10, 2008, 10:30 PM
Applegal, you're going to La Encantada, right?

Applegal
Jul 10, 2008, 10:31 PM
Applegal, you're going to La Encantada, right?

I am indeed.

oranges
Jul 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
:D Cya there! :)

Applegal
Jul 10, 2008, 10:40 PM
:D Cya there! :)

What time you going to be there?

530-6ish or earlier at 5am

Xiph0s
Jul 10, 2008, 11:41 PM

My email addy is marcm@email.arizona.edu

we should share phone numbers so we can text to each other how the lines are.
Whats your addies so I can give you my number! Lets coordinate!

oranges
Jul 11, 2008, 01:39 AM

5am.

Applegal
Jul 11, 2008, 07:41 AM
On my way!

The Bruce
Jul 11, 2008, 01:04 PM
How is the line there now?

Applegal
Jul 11, 2008, 02:03 PM
How is the line there now?

The line was ok, however, they are still having issues with the iTunes server and we can't activate our phones.

:(

I just got home and I can't get my phone to work.

EDIT: Its now working!

I am restoring my phone as we speak!

joshquick
Jul 11, 2008, 05:21 PM
I got to the At&t store at 7:10am and I was 33rd in line. They only had 30 iphones. I was soo close. I should of gone to the apple store.

:(:(:(:(

jlanuez
Jul 30, 2008, 05:45 PM
I was first in line at the Broadway/Wilmot AT&T store last year.
Just "for the fun of it", got there at 8am and waited in the heat all day. No need to as I don't think they ran out of phones so those who got there at 6pm waited maybe 2 hours and got one anyway.

This year I decided to wait a week and try the Apple Store. I checked stock online and they were out on Thur & Fri (a week later). Friday night said they would be in stock on Sat (19th) so i went a bit early to get coffee at AJs and then over to the Apple Store to wait an hour until they opened. To my surprise, they were open early (not all the lights were on) and I waltzed right in and got Two - 16gb white ones, and was out of there in under 20 minutes.

Came home and sold our two 1st gen iPhones within a few hours for $300 EACH on CraigsList so that basically paid for the two new ones. :D

I don't think I'll wait in line like I did a year ago for anything again.

BVGuitarPlayer
Jun 18, 2009, 05:25 PM
OH MY GOD A COMPASS! It's just a way for Apple to lock you into another contract until they release a REAL upgrade.

...remind me again, why are you waiting in line for this...

agirton
Jun 18, 2009, 05:37 PM
OH MY GOD A COMPASS! It's just a way for Apple to lock you into another contract until they release a REAL upgrade.

...remind me again, why are you waiting in line for this...

Wow you give slow a whole new meaning...........

BVGuitarPlayer
Jun 19, 2009, 10:59 AM
Wow you give slow a whole new meaning...........

Wow you give failure to understand sarcasm a whole new meaning...........

magicshortbus
Jun 19, 2009, 11:13 AM
Tucson is lame :P all about Tempe! I just got my 3Gs at the Ghetto fabulous mills mall!