PDA

View Full Version : new processor designation at 1500 posts?

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 09:57 AM
i can't wait to see what will happen at 1500 since i am not a demigod as of yet

what processor will i turn into?

perhaps nothing?

Ensign Paris
May 13, 2002, 10:04 AM
I would go up to G6 if I were you!

I have just hit 1000, I hadn't actually noticed, shows how much attention I paid, I have 2 weeks off school now for Work Experience and then 2 weeks off for half term so I will be posting more for about a month (more time on the net :))

Ensign

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 10:08 AM
hey from one starfleet academy grad to another...congrats

my old college is where starfleet academy is supposed to be

star trek even stole the school's golden gate bridge logo...shamelessly...he he

but i am sure gene roddenberry got permission first

Ensign Paris
May 13, 2002, 10:13 AM
that is so cool, another reason for me wanting to go to uni in the states (I really want to leave the UK)

Ensign

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2002, 10:15 AM
This is from a post by Arn a while back when eye made it to 2000

6502 => 500 posts
65816 => 1000 posts
65832 => 1500 posts
68000 => 1505 posts
68010 => 2000 posts
68020 => 2005 posts
????? => 2500 posts

You'll have to get to it... though the pattern isn't very difficult to discern.

i'll have to space them out much further... you people sure have a lot of time on your hands

arn

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Ensign Paris
that is so cool, another reason for me wanting to go to uni in the states (I really want to leave the UK)

Ensign

check out www.ggu.edu and somewhere on that school's website is the logo and then look up the starfleet academy logo...and ggu is right behind the ferry building too which can be seen in the beginning of the movie, interview with a vampire

the ferry buidling is home port for san francisco and the focal point of multimedia, banking, and international pacific trade...the transamerica pyramid building is nearby as is chinatown, wells fargo, bank of america, pacbell, and the location where dilbert works...he he

come visit here, ensign:D

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 10:31 AM
oh, and also, www.ggu.edu have been the chief training facility for united states air force officers with off campus satellite learning centers on air force bases...so maybe one day, fiction can somehow become truth

not to mention congress' bid to have an official space force spinning off from the us air force

man, i wish i was young enough for all that space stuff:(

aim high, ensign

btw...even though i am a computer teacher, i am not a college recruiter...he he

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

not to mention congress' bid to have an official space force spinning off from the us air force

man, i wish i was young enough for all that space stuff:(

aim high, ensign

I did a little search and came up with this

http://www.spacecom.af.mil/hqafspc/Default2.asp

Is that what you're talking about? Or is the Space Force going to be something different? You have any links yourself?

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by dukestreet

I did a little search and came up with this

http://www.spacecom.af.mil/hqafspc/Default2.asp

Is that what you're talking about? Or is the Space Force going to be something different? You have any links yourself?

wow, this certainly sounds like it

i hope ensign paris sees this...amazing

they even use the starfleet starship logo...aint that sumthin'

check this link out ensign and then you will really want to come to the states:D

eyelikeart
May 13, 2002, 10:57 AM
so jef...u gonna join the Demi-Gods once u hit 1500?! :D

Ensign Paris
May 13, 2002, 11:45 AM
that is really sweet, will post more later.

The reason I want to live in the states in mostly because Apple is there are also I have always enjoyed it when I have been there (mostly for Apple shows)

Ensign

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
so jef...u gonna join the Demi-Gods once u hit 1500?! :D
i want to eventually be a G5 which will happen thousands of posts later then i will join the enviable group of demi-gods

;)

BeerDrinker29
May 13, 2002, 02:16 PM
I'd be happy just with a 68060. Better start posting :-)

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2002, 02:35 PM

i want to eventually be a G5 which will happen thousands of posts later then i will join the enviable group of demi-gods

;)

You might take a while to get there. Hell, the G5 might even be out by then.

Extrapolating the unknown list of processors:

68020 - 2000
68030 - 2500
68040 - ?
601 (PowerPC) - ?
603 - ?
604 - ?
750(G3s) - ?
740 - ?
745 - ?
755 - ?
7400(G4s) - ?
7410 - ?
7450 - ?
7440 - ?
8500(G5) - Possibly 6000 posts.....

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 02:43 PM

yowza

it took me nearly two years to hit 1500

6502 is what is in the famous apple IIs
68000 where i am at is what is in the early macs and will go 68010, 020, 030, and 040
then the next major class will be the 601-604e ppc's

...then g3, g4, and finally g5

so eight years later i will join the demi-gods from when i first joined in the summer of 2000

i am really into delayed gratification!

eyelikeart
May 13, 2002, 06:06 PM
so eight years later i will join the demi-gods from when i first joined in the summer of 2000

aw don't be scared...lots of people are doing it man...he he he ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 13, 2002, 06:15 PM

yowza

it took me nearly two years to hit 1500

Its not about getting the Demi-God label, its about supporting the site. You've been here longer than most, set a good example;)

Unregistered
May 13, 2002, 07:56 PM
wow, eye is a moderator...that is one step away from being a mac god

arn
May 13, 2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

doh.... that isn't supposed to happen... :)

(unregistered posts)

arn

jefhatfield
May 13, 2002, 10:18 PM
that was me... i didn't notice the unregistered name/title

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 10:44 AM
wow, eye is a moderator...that is one step away from being a mac god

he he he....I didn't even notice that it was officially listed for everyone to see! :D

arn
May 14, 2002, 10:58 AM
jef, not your fault... I just meant the forums weren't supposed to allow unreg posts...

I fixed it.

arn

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2002, 11:03 AM

he he he....I didn't even notice that it was officially listed for everyone to see! :D

Great, now it will go to his head....

How's it feel to wield authority, eye?

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 11:24 AM
hmm....not so far....

u guys didn't know I was for the past 2 months now... ;)

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 09:13 AM
hmm....not so far....

Great, now we have something to fear. It looks like he has been attempting to infiltrate our ranks in order to obtain secret info, or something like that ;)

Wow, I had never noticed that either. Strange the things that we overlook at times.

---
Come to Geekfest New Orleans 2002.
Were ther will be Ladies, Ladies, Ladies.

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 09:20 AM
hmm....not so far....

Actually, its kind of humorous in a way with your 'tar.

The all seeing eye, keeping a watch over the forums......

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 09:40 AM

Actually, its kind of humorous in a way with your 'tar.

The all seeing eye, keeping a watch over the forums......

he he he...then I suppose it wouldn't be the same if/when I change it to something else? :eek:

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 09:44 AM

he he he...then I suppose it wouldn't be the same if/when I change it to something else? :eek:

I'd keep the eye, but use a more powerful graphic, maybe one where the eye moves from side to side, surveying the landscape so to speak....

Geert
May 15, 2002, 02:02 PM
I didn't notice it that eye is a moderator.

And to say that we set up a whole campaign to save him, looks like we did :p

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 03:36 PM
did the little "moderator" tag under your name just appear recently? cause i had seen you talk as though you were a mod, but didn't see any special sign you were.

wow, you are like big brother watching down on us.

also, i enjoyed seeing that arn had trashed all us sacks of crap who post here a ton. good on ya! ha

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule

also, i enjoyed seeing that arn had trashed all us sacks of crap who post here a ton. good on ya! ha

Where you been jello?

What are you talking about here, I don't get the reference?

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 04:21 PM
I've been a moderator for about 2 months now...

yes jello....u have noticed me talking a bit like it...I was wondering if anyone would catch on...

and duke...the title did just appear...Arn must have done it early this week...I know it wasn't there before....but I kinda like it! :D

also duke...about that blinking eye avatar....any ideas? ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 04:24 PM

Where you been jello?

What are you talking about here, I don't get the reference?

i've been sitting in a dark closet thinking of 3D short ideas... that and my girlfriend's graduation back in nyc..... ha.

arn was quoted on the first page of this thread, after saying all the processors with post counts...

"You'll have to get to it... though the pattern isn't very difficult to discern.

i'll have to space them out much further... you people sure have a lot of time on your hands

arn"

i thought it was funny, him trashing the geeky heavy posters. it's like when a band's singer is on stage and makes fun of his crowd.... haha

i'm home. ready for 3d making. kind of.

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 04:26 PM
I've been a moderator for about 2 months now...

yes jello....u have noticed me talking a bit like it...I was wondering if anyone would catch on...

and duke...the title did just appear...Arn must have done it early this week...I know it wasn't there before....but I kinda like it! :D

also duke...about that blinking eye avatar....any ideas? ;)

you're all trying to subtly work your moderator thang.... well good try. but i did pick up on it.

so what event made them go ahead and make you a moderator? was it your asskissing or just the mass number of posts?? haha :p

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 04:30 PM

you're all trying to subtly work your moderator thang.... well good try. but i did pick up on it.

so what event made them go ahead and make you a moderator? was it your asskissing or just the mass number of posts?? haha :p

actually....arn had asked me if I was interested....I made a passing comment to him about his relationship with the other moderators here...

I'm not sure if my posting had anything to do with it...but who knows? ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 04:31 PM
actually....arn had asked me if I was interested....I made a passing comment to him about his relationship with the other moderators here...

I'm not sure if my posting had anything to do with it...but who knows? ;)

ahh. so who are the other moderators? besides arn, you, and blakespot... are there more?

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 04:34 PM

ahh. so who are the other moderators? besides arn, you, and blakespot... are there more?

ambitious lemon is the only other one I know...

he's been on more lately than the past month though...I suppose he's finished those projects he was working on? ;)

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 04:40 PM

he's been on more lately than the past month though...I suppose he's finished those projects he was working on? ;)

ahh. a cute 4some indeed.. ha

AmbitiousLemon
May 15, 2002, 05:07 PM

ah look at that you went and mentioned my name, i spose i should stop lurking in the dark corners... actually havent finished just yet. got about a week. although im always picking up more things to do, and much of the stuff takes me far away from any net connection (you see why i need an apple pda?)

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 05:08 PM
So if you are a moderator, shouldn't that make you more than just a Demi-God? You had to buy your Demi-God hood anyway.

AmbitiousLemon
May 15, 2002, 05:13 PM
So if you are a moderator, shouldn't that make you more than just a Demi-God? You had to buy your Demi-God hood anyway.

im not religious so im wondering what would come between a demi-god and a god...

please dont answer "a monkey in a red dress" ive heard that one before and its not very funny.

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

im not religious so im wondering what would come between a demi-god and a god...

please dont answer "a monkey in a red dress" ive heard that one before and its not very funny.

Raise Arn and Blakespot to Titan, and the two of you would get the God status.

Greek mythology - Titans were the fathers of the Gods, it fits nicely. And the element Titanium is named after them. What do you think arn?

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 05:18 PM

hmm...I suppose u have a point there...

but now that we're showing it under our "Demi-God" status marks...

plus the cool stuff we can do...he he he :D

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 05:19 PM

Raise Arn and Blakespot to Titan, and the two of you would get the God status.

Greek mythology - Titans were the fathers of the Gods, it fits nicely. And the element Titanium is named after them. What do you think arn?

that's very nice! :D

I am hoping to get some Greek mythology under my belt within the next few years...I didn't go for anything like that in the past and I'm eager to learn now!!! :p

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Geert
I didn't notice it that eye is a moderator.

And to say that we set up a whole campaign to save him, looks like we did :p

u know that was literally one of the funniest things I had ever seen here....ha ha ha....:p

when I showed a couple friends...they didn't know whether to be ashamed of me or be proud and laugh... ;)

jefhatfield
May 16, 2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon

ah look at that you went and mentioned my name, i spose i should stop lurking in the dark corners... actually havent finished just yet. got about a week. although im always picking up more things to do, and much of the stuff takes me far away from any net connection (you see why i need an apple pda?)

hey lemon, you too

congrats on moderator:D