PDA

View Full Version : Brea, CA

Jun 15, 2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone else meeting up there? I was there last year and it was pretty fun.

sukanas
Jun 21, 2008, 02:48 PM
do they let you wait in line even though its inside a mall?

siurpeeman
Jun 21, 2008, 02:50 PM
do they let you wait in line even though its inside a mall?

they did last year. there was a section roped off for people to stand/sit in line. some people got there as early as five or six in the morning.

sukanas
Jun 21, 2008, 03:26 PM
they did last year. there was a section roped off for people to stand/sit in line. some people got there as early as five or six in the morning.

oh so the earliest people wait is one day?
not like 4-7 days ie. PS3, XBOX, etc??

Jun 23, 2008, 04:08 AM
oh so the earliest people wait is one day?
not like 4-7 days ie. PS3, XBOX, etc??

I got there at 3 pm and I got a phone, some people even just walked up when the store open and got one.

I think they had enough for everyone.

Rybold
Jun 23, 2008, 06:19 AM
I work near the Brea Mall, and I might stop by on July 11 in the morning (what time do they open?). Does anyone have any idea how many phones each store will be receiving? (I'm sure it varies based on population density) Did anyone wait during the original iPhone launch? How many phones did they have?

sparkomatic
Jun 23, 2008, 11:18 AM
I went and waited in line at the South Coast Plaza store. I remember them not letting anyone line up till the mall opened. However, I also remember that they moved through the line pretty quick and people were showing up and getting phones without waiting in line that night.

I think I'm just gonna cruise over after work that day and take my chances. It should be interesting to see how many people wait in line this time around. I'm sure they'll be some kind of line at each store...

siurpeeman
Jun 24, 2008, 12:15 AM
I work near the Brea Mall, and I might stop by on July 11 in the morning (what time do they open?). Does anyone have any idea how many phones each store will be receiving? (I'm sure it varies based on population density) Did anyone wait during the original iPhone launch? How many phones did they have?

i think there were two or three hundred waiting at launch, and they didn't run out of iphones that day (they even closed at 2am). later in the weekend, however....

Waterpolo820
Jul 5, 2008, 07:19 PM
I was planning on just camping out there over night, going at like 8 or 9 on the 10th, so a 12 hour sit/stand, no that bad.

Waterpolo820
Jul 6, 2008, 02:00 PM

What store do they let you in at?? I was thinking the Mens/Children Macy's Store. Cause that is the shortest distance to the Apple Store.

siurpeeman
Jul 6, 2008, 05:31 PM
What store do they let you in at?? I was thinking the Mens/Children Macy's Store. Cause that is the shortest distance to the Apple Store.

side entrance by red robin, roped all the way along the side to the apple store with breaks for each store along the way.

Waterpolo820
Jul 6, 2008, 09:32 PM
side entrance by red robin, roped all the way along the side to the apple store with breaks for each store along the way.

Sounds good to me, As long as that isn't the entrance next to the Garbage area....

See every one there hopefully!

lesliegolf
Jul 8, 2008, 11:43 AM
Heya!

There will be 4 of us showing up at about 5am. Look for a girl (me) 2 guys (not me) and a young kid. The young kid is a placeholder for someone who knows they will not get up at 5am. Not sure what the plan is with the young kid once the guy shows up! Maybe we can make him run out and get food for all of us or something.

I am making a Jack in the Box run, so, for any of you sleep over types, PM or IM me and I can make a food run for you on the way.

mac.jedi
Jul 8, 2008, 05:14 PM
Heya!

There will be 4 of us showing up at about 5am. Look for a girl (me) 2 guys (not me) and a young kid. The young kid is a placeholder for someone who knows they will not get up at 5am. Not sure what the plan is with the young kid once the guy shows up! Maybe we can make him run out and get food for all of us or something.

Nice forum hopping Leslie!

Maybe the kid could make a few bucks polishing laptops ... I also need my car washed.

P.S. - This is Robert (one of your "2 guys")

lesliegolf
Jul 8, 2008, 06:25 PM
ROBERT!

Cool, now I know where you hang when you are not in the mood for a drink!

Carlin joinining us or is she not a nutcase like us?

mac.jedi
Jul 8, 2008, 08:28 PM
ROBERT!

Cool, now I know where you hang when you are not in the mood for a drink!

Carlin joinining us or is she not a nutcase like us?

Nope, I'm goin' stag. Unfortunately, she can't get outta work. She is a nutcase though.

Waterpolo820
Jul 8, 2008, 08:52 PM
Well I was planning on coming back from my trip on Thursday to camp out, but my flight got pushed back :mad: to friday and I will be landing at Santa Ana at 10:00 so hopefully I can make it by 3:00....

Do you guys think it will be sold out at 3:00?? Cause if it is....

siurpeeman
Jul 9, 2008, 12:04 AM
Well I was planning on coming back from my trip on Thursday to camp out, but my flight got pushed back :mad: to friday and I will be landing at Santa Ana at 10:00 so hopefully I can make it by 3:00....

forget baggage claim, and rush over to south coast and/or fashion island when you step off the plane. seriously, though, i have no idea how to gauge supply this friday. i really think it could go either way.

Jul 9, 2008, 01:41 AM

I have a feeling you will have no problem getting one

It might be easier for you though if you just head over to the Vally Mall AT&T, it is closer

Waterpolo820
Jul 9, 2008, 06:45 PM
I have a feeling you will have no problem getting one

It might be easier for you though if you just head over to the Vally Mall AT&T, it is closer

I was supposed to meet some people at Apple Brea in the morning, so I don't know if they would still want to do that or not...

I wasn't there on opening day last year, to anyone that was how crowded was it??

Jul 9, 2008, 07:41 PM
Pretty packed but everything was organized nicely, and food stores in the mall were taking orders from people in line.

But they didnt even run out of iPhones that day so I guess it was not that bad

lesliegolf
Jul 9, 2008, 07:46 PM
Mall opens at 6am. Is the plan just to set up near Red Robin till then?

siurpeeman
Jul 10, 2008, 01:07 AM
Mall opens at 6am. Is the plan just to set up near Red Robin till then?

i don't think security will let you hang out in the parking lot or outside until then. that's what happened last year.

Jul 10, 2008, 01:16 AM
i don't think security will let you hang out in the parking lot or outside until then. that's what happened last year.

you where there that early?!

I showed up at 4pm last year, man good old times, makes me all sentimental

also is there wifi there?

Ill be there at 7am'ish, im driving a Black Civic SI, and most likely ill be with my mom because she is the main person on the account

Rybold
Jul 10, 2008, 12:38 PM
Look for the girl in the bikini. That'll be us.

Here's a photo of some people camping outside an Apple store:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shareatt/2655446199/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shareatt/2656227250/in/photostream/

cameronsm7
Jul 10, 2008, 02:25 PM
what was there stock for the release last year? do you think they will be out by around 3 o'clock? cuz i hope not : /

Jul 10, 2008, 03:26 PM
what was there stock for the release last year? do you think they will be out by around 3 o'clock? cuz i hope not : /

AAPL was at like $180.00 I believe

blackflair
Jul 10, 2008, 05:09 PM

How many people were there before the store opened last year? Is it really necessary to camp out before or is that just more for fun?

lesliegolf
Jul 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
A friend called Brea and was told stock was "Really good. Lots of them."

I would think the sleeping over might be mainly for fun. I am showing up early to make sure I get the 16g.

blackflair
Jul 10, 2008, 05:20 PM
A friend called Brea and was told stock was "Really good. Lots of them."

I would think the sleeping over might be mainly for fun. I am showing up early to make sure I get the 16g.

Oo good point leslie...I want the 16G too...

I guess I'll see ya then!

-black '08 honda accord coupe :)

~Jeffrey

lesliegolf
Jul 10, 2008, 05:22 PM
Audi A4 Convertible gray here! Will park far away though. I hate me the door dings. So, look for someone trying to dodge the security guard!

cameronsm7
Jul 10, 2008, 05:32 PM
AAPL was at like $180.00 I believe

sorry let me rephrase that, about how many iphones did they have in stock last year for the release?

Chris Kraft
Jul 10, 2008, 06:08 PM
Hey all; new to both the site and iPhones (just came over from Verizon so I lost out on the fun last year).

Can you bring foldable chairs to this? I was planning on being there around 6AM but don't mind standing if I have to.

Thanks!

lesliegolf
Jul 10, 2008, 06:58 PM
I am bringing a chair. Worse thing that happens is I have to put it back in the car.

Chris Kraft
Jul 10, 2008, 07:57 PM
True...I haven't lined up for anything since Batman 1989. This should be fun.

Jul 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
sorry let me rephrase that, about how many iphones did they have in stock last year for the release?

haha i know

there where about 400+ people there last year and they had more than enough iPhones, I don't even think anyone had to take a 4gb

blackflair
Jul 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
I am bringing a chair. Worse thing that happens is I have to put it back in the car.

Might not be the "worse" thing...but it'll be pretty bad considering you're parking far away to avoid the door dings.

Will you be walking all the way over from downtown Brea?

Waterpolo820
Jul 11, 2008, 01:22 AM
So are any of you guys there yet?? I am dying in anticipation waiting for tomorrow!!!

Rybold
Jul 11, 2008, 03:23 AM
Check availability here:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

OMGitsKevinR
Jul 11, 2008, 08:55 AM
There are a good number of people here in line. I'd have to guess-timate about 200 people here so far. Apple employees are going down the line serving coffee and giving out water! They're so nice! :-)

Waterpolo820
Jul 11, 2008, 05:26 PM
That was one of the slowest longest lines that I have ever seen!! it was like 1 person went in every 7-10 minutes..

siurpeeman
Jul 11, 2008, 05:27 PM
That was one of the slowest longest lines that I have ever seen!! it was like 1 person went in every 7-10 minutes..

so what's it like right now?

acrahm
Jul 11, 2008, 08:20 PM
i swung by around 5 and the line was from the apple store to the front of macys, about 200 yards... i might head back tonite

siurpeeman
Jul 11, 2008, 10:41 PM
i swung by around 5 and the line was from the apple store to the front of macys, about 200 yards... i might head back tonite

the apple store to macy's is not 200 yards, sorry. i did swing by around the same time, however, and was surprised to see so many people seven hours after opening. it was nice to see employees passing out water and granola bars, but a new iphone wasn't in the cards for me today.

blackflair
Jul 11, 2008, 11:17 PM
I
failed
miserably today

I'll confess I bailed out of the line after about 2 hrs . Got there at 7ish. Afte rthey let the first 20 ppl in the store, the line literally DID NOT MOVE by 9am.

I was hungry.
My feet hurt.
I can go Monday or Tuesday and probably just stroll in.
Came home to finish the trading day, made a few bucks to pay for the iPhone.
Much more constructive day I think.

Went back after the markets closed and saw most of the same faces I saw there this morning in line! how fun.

acrahm
Jul 11, 2008, 11:30 PM
the apple store to macy's is not 200 yards, sorry. i did swing by around the same time, however, and was surprised to see so many people seven hours after opening. it was nice to see employees passing out water and granola bars, but a new iphone wasn't in the cards for me today.

haha i guess my measurements are off, probally more like 100 yards. i am thinkin about going back tomorrow morning, get there around 930-10 and see how long the lines are....

bboucher790
Jul 12, 2008, 02:05 AM
Awful. Pathetic. Idiocy.

These are only some of the words that come to mind when I think of my launch experience with the iPhone 3g @ the Brea Mall.

(excuse my caps, BUT THEY ARE WELL DESERVED AND I AM FRUSTRATED AS HELL)

Apple, my dear friends, you need to learn how to handle a product launch. You HAVE to make cutoffs at the END of the line for guarenteed buyers. You can't tell people 2 hours into waiting that the person in front of them is guarenteed a phone, but the guy standing behind that person is not. If it was an inventory issue, fine, it's impossible to make iPhones appear. That's understandable. This was a TIME MANAGEMENT issue. You didn't inform your customers until they had waited a few hours in line that they may run out of time. That's hilarious. If I'm in line, and you have the product, I should be able to buy it! If you need to extend your store hours until it's in my hands, THEN, YOU NEED TO EXTEND YOUR EMPLOYEES. I'm in line. Period. If you run out of supplies, that's tough luck for me. BUT, you did not. You simply ran out of time.....and you didn't warn us that we COULD run out of time when we got in line!

I waited for FIVE F'N HOURS, only to be the FIRST person behind the "last" person guaranteed a phone. At the end of the five hour marathon, you told me to go F myself. The last hour of standing in line? Servers down. I would have MADE the cutoff had YOUR servers not gone down. There wasn't that many people in front of me. On top of that, you don't tell ANYONE why the line has STOPPED for an hour, you just let your customers wait outside wondering WTF is going on inside the store. Literally, after about 30 minutes there was a group of people just standing by the store looking at what was going on. No one knew that your servers were down.

This is just the beginning of your idiocy.

So just as I think it can't get any worse, at 11:00 PM sharp I get told by you "store lead" that anyone behind the lady in the pink will not get an iPhone. We were instructed to come back at a later time, with no reward. So, Apple clears the 25 people, yes, ONLY TWENTY FIVE PEOPLE, and waits for them to leave (or so they thought). When they think the others have cleared, they break the news to the people who were "guarenteed phones" that they won't get phones tonight, HOWEVER, they will be given a ticket to come back tomorrrow.

You heard me right. Apple gave tickets to 60 people, but not the other 25. Apparently, those 25 people would cause MASSIVE HAVOC over the next week, completely screwing up Apple's line (sarcasm). So yes, they decided the other 25 lonely people aren't important enough to help out. They are meaningless pieces of SH**. That is what I felt like. A pile of SH**. You make me stand in line for five hours and in one of those hours, your servers were down. It wasn't very complicated to give out tickets to everyone, but it's almost like you wanted to piss people off. The amount of extra people you had to give tickets to was miniscule. I was, and still am, baffled why you would stoop to such a low degree just to get rid of 25 people. Have you ever heard of customer service?

There you have it. The worst business experience I have EVER had, with ANY company. This tops my awful experience with Sprint a few years back. I can't believe Apple would treat their customers like this. If anyone is reading this from Apple, you should be ashamed of yourselves. I am typing this on my iMac and I want to throw it out the window.

Yours truly
#1 of #25 people that you don't care about

oghowie
Jul 12, 2008, 02:34 AM
I was at the Brea Mall trying to get an iPhone around 8pm, but we just left after we noticed the line hadn't moved at all in an hour. I think I'll just try an AT&T store tomorrow morning.

jecapaga
Jul 12, 2008, 02:49 AM
Well I went to the South Coast Plaza Apple store tonight around 6pm and was met by a rather large line. Took about 3 hours and the apple employees seemed very on with cutting the line at a certain time for mall hours so that everyone in line at that point would get a sale. They even drove a cart offering free starbucks (shocker) coffee for those of us in line. While doing my transaction I noticed the guys from the back stocking the inventory shelves behind the cash registers with ridiculous amounts of phones..HUNDREDS. I thought about going to the Brea store and that maybe they didn't have a line but it sounds like not so much. Sorry the above poster had such a rough go of it..i feel your pain!

wowotoe
Jul 12, 2008, 03:02 AM
So those 60 ppl got the tickets from Brea store can come in tmr and be the first 60 ppl in line? I was going to go to Brea in the morning and hopefully the line is not that long.

Rybold
Jul 12, 2008, 05:00 PM
bboucher790, thank you for telling the rest of us. You should try and contact Apple and file a complaint. Maybe their corporate office will have more sympathy that the "store manager" that probably only makes ten bucks per hour. I went to the South Coast store but there were about a THOUSAND people in line on Friday, so I just turned around and left. I think I'll try back on Monday or Tuesday ... or maybe not until Wednesday. I'm definitely not going to the Brea store after hearing your story. I encourage you to file a complaint with their corporate office.

acrahm
Jul 12, 2008, 08:15 PM
came back from my day long journey at the brea apple store. got in line at 10am, got in the store about 10 till 5pm, out the door 5 till 5pm (yes it only took 5 minutes from when i was greeted by the apple worker till i was out the door) The workers at brea were awesome, they were controlling the lines, very energetic and giving us food and beverages all day. while it did take a crazy long time (we moved probably 5 feet every 1/2 hour) but the people around me in line we great and really helped the time go by faster. i am sorry to hear to the problems that happened friday, but my experience was great!

not sure how long they will stay open tonite, the security guard in front of the apple store said they closed at 7 but thats just the company line, i am sure they will stay open to help the 100+people in line. Stock seemed large, the guy said they had alot of every model when i left at 5

Waterpolo820
Jul 12, 2008, 09:03 PM
I advise you guys, if you get a family plan, to check to see if the Apple store employees messed it up or not. Because I got two iPhone 3G's that day and asked them to place it on one family line, and I thought they did.. I go home and log in online AT&T to see everything was alright, and they had made two different family lines with one phone on each plan!!! I was being charged $300 for two phones!!!

It took me an hour on hold with AT&T to sort out the mix up, but they did credit my account.

bboucher790
Jul 13, 2008, 12:14 AM
bboucher790, thank you for telling the rest of us. You should try and contact Apple and file a complaint. Maybe their corporate office will have more sympathy that the "store manager" that probably only makes ten bucks per hour. I went to the South Coast store but there were about a THOUSAND people in line on Friday, so I just turned around and left. I think I'll try back on Monday or Tuesday ... or maybe not until Wednesday. I'm definitely not going to the Brea store after hearing your story. I encourage you to file a complaint with their corporate office.

I decided to head back to the Brea Apple store today, hoping to speak with the store manager.

I started with not the store manager, but a general sales manager. I explained to them what they did to me and how they could have handled it differently. My main concern was with their communication to the customers entering the line, and what should have been said to prevent confusion. I explained to them each question I asked, how I asked it, and, finally, how they should have answered each question:

I entered the line @ 6:00 pm(store closing, at this point, was 10:00pm). This is what they said:
"You are not guarenteed a phone at this point. You may wait in line for nothing. If you want to be guaranteed a phone, come back tomorrow morning @ 9:00am."

Acceptable for most people asking. And quite true.

When I asked what my chances were walking out with a phone:
"Based on our numbers, there are enough phones for you and people after you who join the line right now, but that number can change based on demand."

This answer was their downfall. They didn't tell anyone there was a timelimit. They only specified the supply limit. I had no idea that: A) There was a chance the line would exceed store closing. B) They would close the doors in my face if I didn't reach the store by closing. IMO, that's pretty important information to give out when telling people what their chances are. How are you supposed to assess whether or not to wait in line without that information? Based on the way they said, supply was the issue, not time.

When asked how long the line was:
"We don't know, it fluctuates a lot."

A valid and true response. Nothing wrong there.

What they should have said when I specifically asked my chances of getting an iPhone:
"You are not guarenteed a phone. We close @ 10:00pm sharp (in the end they extend to 11, but they didn't need to tell people that). If you are not in the store by that time, you will not get a phone. The line is varying a lot and there is no way to know how long the line will be.

Also, there is limited supply. If everything goes well, you will get a phone based on our calculations. However, if people buy more than 1 one, the supply can run out. If either time or supply runs out, you will not get your phone tonight, so I recommend coming back tomorrow @ 9:00am if you wish to guarantee a spot for an iPhone."

With that info, I would have been able to assess whether or not to get in a 5 hour wait. I would know I'm on a time crunch, and I would also know they could sell out. At that point, I would have bailed and tried the next day. Mind you, I don't expect them to explain that info to everyone. The short answer can be "check back tomorrow to guarantee a spot". But if a customer asks you their chances....the spiel I just wrote out should have been given so they can know what the deal is.

When I went back today, I had two objectives:
#1 - Inform them exactly how my experience went from entering the line to buying the phone and how they could have handled it better.
#2 - Get the iPhone.

I accomplished #2 and, hopefully, #1 as well.

acrahm
Jul 13, 2008, 03:05 AM
bboucher, glad the hooked you up today, from my experience today it seemed like the at the store level they had no clue the lines would a) be this long and b) take that long to move. I would never have imagined i would have been in line today for 6+ hours to get the phone, so i bet in the future iphone releases they will either go back to the process for the first release (no contract on the spot) or have about 100 extra workers to process everything. I cant think of a retail product ever being in this demand with this much work to get it, the ps3/xbox/wii stuff is a walk in walk out situation, no contracts or "plans" to figure out. I would imagine apple learned a ton this weekend of what to do and not to do in future product releases....

cambridge1807
Jul 14, 2008, 09:18 PM
Any updates?

oghowie
Jul 15, 2008, 05:41 PM
Any updates?

They haven't answered the phones since the iPhone was released (I called again today), so I'm pretty sure they're busy as hell.

Rybold
Jul 17, 2008, 02:28 PM
Any updates?

When the store opened this morning, they were completely out of stock of the 8GB(black only) and the 16GB black. The only phone they have in stock is the 16GB white phone. So, for people that want the 16GB white phone, this would be a great time to go get one.

Source: Apple Website from early this morning: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10132584@N08/2676870288/sizes/o/
(I saved the image on Flickr because when the Apple Stores open, the data becomes unavailable until the store closes again. I don't know why the heck they don't make the inventory available when the stores are open, but they don't)
Original Apple link: http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

oghowie
Jul 17, 2008, 04:04 PM
When the store opened this morning, they were completely out of stock of the 8GB(black only) and the 16GB black. The only phone they have in stock is the 16GB white phone. So, for people that want the 16GB white phone, this would be a great time to go get one.

Source: Apple Website from early this morning: http://www.flickr.com/photos/10132584@N08/2676870288/sizes/o/
(I saved the image on Flickr because when the Apple Stores open, the data becomes unavailable until the store closes again. I don't know why the heck they don't make the inventory available when the stores are open, but they don't)
Original Apple link: http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

They have both blacks but no white now. By phone they said the wait was around 2 hours.

Rybold
Jul 19, 2008, 05:48 AM
They have both blacks but no white now. By phone they said the wait was around 2 hours.

So, are the inventory numbers on the Apple website not valid ?

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10132584@N08/2682253644/

Rybold
Jul 19, 2008, 04:35 PM
Here's the latest on the Apple website:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10132584@N08/2682253644/sizes/o/

Rybold
Jul 22, 2008, 06:09 AM
Brea still shows as being sold out, but South Coast Plaza is showing they have all three models in stock! Be sure to call ahead before you drive down there though. http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

siurpeeman
Jul 23, 2008, 02:35 PM
last night, brea had only white 16 gb in stock, which is exactly the model i want. now, how are the lines at brea these days? should i not bother? would they already have sold out? should i just call? :)

nabechu
Jun 15, 2009, 12:01 AM
anyone getting their iphone here? :)

Jun 15, 2009, 12:18 AM
errr this is from last year

mikey28
Jun 15, 2009, 03:07 AM
oops. this is an OLD thread

salimdao
Jun 17, 2009, 01:38 AM
so my friends and i are planning on going to the Brea location for the 3G S release. anyone know where the line starts?

Jun 17, 2009, 05:45 PM
last year its started right outside the apple store.

salimdao
Jun 18, 2009, 06:14 PM
I mean like overnight. I don't think we can wait inside the mall until the mall doors open.

Jun 18, 2009, 09:17 PM
I mean like overnight. I don't think we can wait inside the mall until the mall doors open.
Well the first iPhone people only showed up around noon, so 6 hours before launch, last year I went around noon, though people came before the mall opened and the line started outside the mall by Red Robbins then when the mall opened it started at the Apple store. But both years people were able to just walk in after the line was gone and get a iPhone so I'm not going too early.

Im going around 6:00am, a hour before it opens, I think I look white but my everyone says I look mexican, so look for the white mexican guy with a Dell Mini 9 :p

iPhone Addict
Jun 18, 2009, 10:19 PM
Is anyone thinking of checking out the AT&T store in Brea also (on Associated) or is there a reason why most people just go to the Apple store?

I am really hoping I can get one tomorrow morning...not sure what time to show up.

I didn't pre-order :(

Jun 18, 2009, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty sure the preorder thing for apple doesn't mean anything.

They don't even say what Apple Store it will be at :), and I did it like 3 times lol

siurpeeman
Jun 18, 2009, 11:53 PM
But both years people were able to just walk in after the line was gone and get a iPhone so I'm not going too early.

last year on launch day, the line never disappeared. i remember talking to people who'd been waiting five plus hours and never even got a chance to buy it due to the in-store activation requirement. i remember getting mine a month later, and i still had to wait an hour in line for it. it was ridonculous.

Jun 19, 2009, 12:03 AM
really? I remember a lot of people having to leave because of being on a business plan or any other activation problem, I know I waited about 6 hours last year :eek:, never doing that again! Maybe I am getting confused with the first year, I know for sure the first year people were able to walk in after the line disappeared.

siurpeeman
Jun 19, 2009, 12:05 AM
really? I remember a lot of people having to leave because of being on a business plan or any other activation problem, I know I waited about 6 hours last year :eek:, never doing that again! Maybe I am getting confused with the first year, I know for sure the first year people were able to walk in after the line disappeared.

yeah, i was in that line the first year, waited from noon to opening. i was about 200 deep, and i was out of the store in 30 min. such a difference from last year.

iPhone Addict
Jun 19, 2009, 12:37 AM
Any of you guys heading out there tonight? I think I might go check it out in about an hour or so...:)

Jun 19, 2009, 12:38 AM
Any of you guys heading out there tonight? I think I might go check it out in about an hour or so...:)

I'm not, I wouldn't even bother to check tonight, just looking on the forums you can tell not as many people are getting the 3Gs.

Well im out, Ill be there tomorrow, like I said before, I'm the white Mexican guy with pretty short hair, Ill have my Macbook Pro or a dell mini 9, and ill be there around 6am'ish.

Brien
Jun 19, 2009, 12:45 AM
Damn, I'm feeling the urge to upgrade just for what sounds like a blast. I live like 5 minutes away from Brea Mall, too.

Aww shucks.

AuDioFreaK39
Jun 19, 2009, 04:19 AM
Im at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa right now with 3 friends and no one else is here.

grokphone
Jun 27, 2009, 01:04 PM
one employee handling all iPhone walkins. ONE. and they picked the slowest numbskull of them all.

FYI I'm here for an exchange and I have to stand in line too for activation nonsense when we all know there's no need to activate in store.

this is the last time I'm ever buying anything from apple store. such *********

grokphone
Jun 27, 2009, 01:13 PM
it took a complaint from a lady standing in line with a cane before they actually sent more people out to get the line moving.

beautiful work, apple.

Jun 27, 2009, 06:42 PM
Well I got my iPhone, if anyone else was there I was the guy that pulled the bench into the line before they made us move against the wall.