Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

someone28624

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
Buffalo
I have an iPod Video and bought several games for it. I'm thinking about upgrading to the Classic soon. I know that back when the Classics first came out, a few of the games for the Video wouldn't work one the Classic. The iPod store was divided into categories based on this. I noticed that the store isn't divided like this anymore. Did they fix this? Will my iPod games still work if I upgrade now?

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
They've updated a lot of games so they now work on both. BUT I suspect you won't get a free upgrade of the games, and so that won't help you. To get the new version you'd have to download it again, and I don't think they have any free mechanism for that. I could be wrong--might be worth asking customer service (see iTunes help menu). They can issue free re-downloads on a case-by-case basis, I know.

Some of them always DID work on the Classic--I think!--so those particular ones (I don't recall which) may play fine. You'll have to see.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.