PDA

View Full Version : Los Gatos, CA

ntrigue
Jun 15, 2008, 05:38 PM
Apple Store downtown Los Gatos. Never crowded so should guarantee In Stock.

Bernie-Mac
Jun 15, 2008, 09:45 PM
The Cats, California? lol i didnt know such a place existed, sorry to thread jack but i thought it was funny:p

stagi
Jun 15, 2008, 10:15 PM
I might go there instead of Valley Fair, its closer to me and I bet the lines will
be better. I always forget there is a new store there and go over to the valley store one instead.

ntrigue
Jun 15, 2008, 10:28 PM
The Cats, California? lol i didnt know such a place existed, sorry to thread jack but i thought it was funny:p

http://www.town.los-gatos.ca.us/index.asp?NID=16

I think its more of a cougar related nomenclature. Not too far from Los Banos.

tmbrwlf
Jun 16, 2008, 02:20 AM
I will be at the Los Gatos store all day from about 8am. Anyone on Twiiter you can follow my progress at www.twitter.com/tmbrwlf

guru_ck
Jun 16, 2008, 02:26 AM
I'll be there. If they launch at 6PM what time are you guys planning on lining up?

D3lta
Jun 16, 2008, 10:39 PM
I'll probably go to this one since it's closer than the one in Valley Fair.

Moose408
Jul 1, 2008, 08:16 PM
I had been planning to go to the store at Westgate mall in Almaden Valley but might switch and go to Los Gatos. Now that I've found out it exists. :)

ntrigue
Jul 8, 2008, 11:45 AM
Now that 8AM is official what were some of you thinking? My friend and I are aiming for 7:45AM but I can see the first 20 happy owners driving away at 8:30AM and there being plenty of iPhones and no line.

RF9
Jul 8, 2008, 07:03 PM
LOL, I was hoping everyone would forget about the LG store and head over to Oakridge or Valley Fair and I'd have it all to myself. :D
Anyway, I like that particular store, so I'll be there too.
I'll be wearing a Zagg invisibleshield T-Shirt, like this one:
http://proxy.pcdn.vresp.com/88cb11bf1/66.197.209.24/marketing/images/bulkycase/san_jose/images/san_jose_01.jpg

I think I might show up between 7:00am-7:30am if I can manage that.

Just for fun I'm going to post a picture of the store:
http://images.apple.com/retail/images/store_photos/photo_losgatos.jpg

RF9
Jul 8, 2008, 09:08 PM
http://www.town.los-gatos.ca.us/index.asp?NID=16

I think its more of a cougar related nomenclature. Not too far from Los Banos.Hmm, I always thought it was mountain lions. It's nestled in to the Santa Cruz mountains that has lots of mountain lions.

guru_ck
Jul 9, 2008, 12:19 AM
There are definitely a ton of mountain lions in that area. I DO NOT recommend camping out in that area around 6AM.

Make sure you come in the afternoon when it's bright out!

RF9
Jul 9, 2008, 12:41 AM
There are definitely a ton of mountain lions in that area. I DO NOT recommend camping out in that area around 6AM.

Make sure you come in the afternoon when it's bright out!Uh, yeah! Yeah! Watch out for those MAN EATING Mountain Lions! Come late
;)

guru_ck
Jul 9, 2008, 12:49 AM
I almost forgot... the Cops don't allow people in the Downtown area after midnight because it disturbs the rich.

stagi
Jul 9, 2008, 12:52 AM
Hmm, I always thought it was mountain lions. It's nestled in to the Santa Cruz mountains that has lots of mountain lions.

I think it is more of a mountain lion ref. Also I wouldn't put Los Gatos in the same area as Los Banos, Banos is about 2 hours away and a very different city feels like another state.:D

Norcalchavo
Jul 9, 2008, 12:52 AM
i'll also be at this store, since i'm guessing Valley Fair will have longer lines. See you all there.

g41d89a
Jul 9, 2008, 12:56 AM

If you move into town, your Bently or Ferrari waits for your pickup from the dealer down the street, and you're required to start pronouncing it "Las Gatus"...

It's where the wacky Woz house was built (wonder if it ever sold):
http://valleywag.com/352124/wozs-house-up-for-grabs-only-7-million

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 01:23 AM
Who was there for iDay '07? Was there a long line? I'm thinking I should just drive down from Santa Cruz, since the Capitola ATT store had a very long line last year, and honestly, I'd like to show up around 7:30 am and get my phone...

guru_ck
Jul 9, 2008, 01:27 AM
Who was there for iDay '07? Was there a long line? I'm thinking I should just drive down from Santa Cruz, since the Capitola ATT store had a very long line last year, and honestly, I'd like to show up around 7:30 am and get my phone...

The Los Gatos store wasn't open when the 1st iPhone launched.

I went to Valley Fair at 7PM after I was unable to secure a phone at the AT&T store on Stevens Creek & Lawrence. There were about 200 people in front of me but I got my phone after waiting for about 45 minutes. They were serving free Starbucks too :).

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 01:29 AM
The Los Gatos store wasn't open when the 1st iPhone launched.

I went to Valley Fair at 7PM after I was unable to secure a phone at the AT&T store on Stevens Creek & Lawrence. There were about 200 people in front of me but I got my phone after waiting for about 45 minutes. They were serving free Starbucks too :).

what time are you planning on getting to the los gatos store?

guru_ck
Jul 9, 2008, 01:35 AM
what time are you planning on getting to the los gatos store?

I don't know. I work a normal 9-5 job during the week but I'm taking Friday off. Still I would rather just show up at 6am so that I can play around with it all day Friday instead of sleeping. We'll see though, I might show up around 3am if I decide to go without sleep.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 01:40 AM
I don't know. I work a normal 9-5 job during the week but I'm taking Friday off. Still I would rather just show up at 6am so that I can play around with it all day Friday instead of sleeping. We'll see though, I might show up around 3am if I decide to go without sleep.

you gonna keep us posted on the line?

guru_ck
Jul 9, 2008, 01:42 AM
you gonna keep us posted on the line?

Yeah no problem. I'll update this thread Thursday evening.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 01:45 AM
Yeah no problem. I'll update this thread Thursday evening.

Do you live pretty close to the store? With the Beta 8 iPhone only finalizing about two weeks ago, and the rumors of European shortages, I think it's possible the supply may be more limited then on might think... and after being without my iphone for a week already, I have to get it friday. haha
Any chance you'll let us know what it looks like when you show up Friday morning?

guru_ck
Jul 9, 2008, 01:53 AM
Do you live pretty close to the store? With the Beta 8 iPhone only finalizing about two weeks ago, and the rumors of European shortages, I think it's possible the supply may be more limited then on might think... and after being without my iphone for a week already, I have to get it friday. haha
Any chance you'll let us know what it looks like when you show up Friday morning?

I live about 12 miles away.

I think Apple will have a pretty good amount of stock but I'm sure the AT&T stores will sell out within the first few hours.

I sold my iPhone 2 months ago, believe me I feel your pain. All those times I've wanted to browse the web in bed or at the bar. Major withdraws.

Yeah I'll let you know what the line is like after I do a drive by or start camping out.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 02:14 AM

I think Apple will have a pretty good amount of stock but I'm sure the AT&T stores will sell out within the first few hours.

I sold my iPhone 2 months ago, believe me I feel your pain. All those times I've wanted to browse the web in bed or at the bar. Major withdraws.

Yeah I'll let you know what the line is like after I do a drive by or start camping out.
all the times you wanted to call a friend, and had to remember their number, instead of simply touching their name? all the times you needed google maps, but couldn't get them? all the time you spent sorting through tons of voice mail messages, instead of simply touching the one you want to listen to? all the times you needed to check your email, but were unable? all the times you tried to log onto a website, it the page couldn't be displayed because your mobile browser doesn't support full html?

yea... MAJOR withdraws is a good way to put it. If I have to camp out, I will. I... need... iPhone!!! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reality_distortion_field)

http://ronmartin.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/love-iphone.jpg

tmbrwlf
Jul 9, 2008, 11:40 AM

I will be at the Los Gatos store about 5am and will twitter what is going on... www.twitter.com/tmbrwlf. I also sold my iPhone on ebay about a two weeks ago for $465.00 GOD BLESS AMERICA!! I will see you all there...I will wear my Los Gatos Apple shirt I got from the opening day!!

ntrigue
Jul 9, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm starting to regret starting this thread. JK

See you all there save me a spot for 8:15ish.

AppleIntelRock
Jul 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
You guys think if I got there at 7:30am I'd be fine

Coolpher
Jul 9, 2008, 06:49 PM
Yes i think so

AppleIntelRock
Jul 10, 2008, 02:53 PM
alright, we're in the home stretch here.

what time have you guys decided to show up in to morning?
the first one of us there needs to update this thread.

tmbrwlf
Jul 10, 2008, 03:29 PM
I will be there about 6am. I will update when I get there... See ya there~

Dapole
Jul 10, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ill be there around six as well, its been a full month without an iphone, its so close now!

AppleIntelRock
Jul 10, 2008, 07:24 PM
Ill be there around six as well, its been a full month without an iphone, its so close now!

Great, sounds like we'll get a line update around 6. I should be there around 6:30 pending traffic over 17.
See you all tomorrow!

iD:apple:y 2008

RF9
Jul 10, 2008, 10:43 PM
My goal is before 7:00am after a stop by Peet's coffee. Mmmmm
But I'm so excited already. I may not be able to sleep come 5am, so I might be there as early as 6.
Lord help me.

I'll be watching your twitter tmbrwlf on line conditions status before I get there.
Keep me posted. If you twitter "OMFG, the line is HUGE and it's only 5am, I'll be screeching tires to get over there.'

Eric Lewis
Jul 10, 2008, 10:46 PM
Apparently

iJustine

will be there

www.ijustine.com

stagi
Jul 11, 2008, 12:19 AM
I might try to come around 8:00 and am just hoping the line won't be crazy, but will check this site in the morning and hopefully someone will have some updates :)

ntrigue
Jul 11, 2008, 01:04 AM
Thanks for the Twitter! Traffic around Capitola is ridiculous from 7am to 7:45pm. We're thinking 8:15 arrival for 16GB Black. Crazy?

Iron Chef
Jul 11, 2008, 02:00 AM
I just surveyed all of the San Jose AT*T and Apple stores.

Every store has people camped out.

For Los Gatos, the 1st person in line actually brought a giant aerobed lol! Theres currently 2-3 people in line at Los Gatos.

The highest number is at the AT&T store across from Oakridge Mall, theres are least 10-12 people there.

tmbrwlf
Jul 11, 2008, 02:18 AM
I just surveyed all of the San Jose AT*T and Apple stores.

Every store has people camped out.

For Los Gatos, the 1st person in line actually brought a giant aerobed lol! Theres currently 2-3 people in line at Los Gatos.

The highest number is at the AT&T store across from Oakridge Mall, theres are least 10-12 people there.

OMFG already Imight head out there now!!

guru_ck
Jul 11, 2008, 03:04 AM
Just lined up at the Los Gatos store, there are about 10 people here.

tmbrwlf
Jul 11, 2008, 03:35 AM
Just lined up at the Los Gatos store, there are about 10 people here.

Should I come join you?

guru_ck
Jul 11, 2008, 04:01 AM
Should I come join you?

Yes! I've got the MacBook Pro... sitting in front of a Cafe. Name is Chris, come on out!

tmbrwlf
Jul 11, 2008, 04:17 AM
I forgot to mention earliear that WOZ will be at the Valley Fair Mall store again this year. He was on Twitlive earlier today an leaked that he would be there early again. Maybe with T-Shirts to hand but, the crowds might not be worth it.

meggieprice
Jul 11, 2008, 04:33 AM
I am folowing you on Twitter- we were going to go to Palo Alto but it sounds like Los Gatos would be fun- how many are there now? We will bring donuts, lol! Stanford is also a possibility- mall does not allow lining up until 5...

guru_ck
Jul 11, 2008, 04:37 AM
I am folowing you on Twitter- we were going to go to Palo Alto but it sounds like Los Gatos would be fun- how many are there now? We will bring donuts, lol! Stanford is also a possibility- mall does not allow lining up until 5...

About 20 people here at the moment.

meggieprice
Jul 11, 2008, 04:48 AM
Any preference for donut types if we head there ;)?

guru_ck
Jul 11, 2008, 04:53 AM
Any preference for donut types if we head there ;)?

The sugar coated or chocolate covered ones, yum :). Nah I'm not picky, anything without a filling though.

meggieprice
Jul 11, 2008, 05:09 AM
Think the stock will be good there? That is my son's worry...

guru_ck
Jul 11, 2008, 05:11 AM
Think the stock will be good there? That is my son's worry...

I'm thinking they have at least a couple hundred :)

meggieprice
Jul 11, 2008, 05:50 AM
Los Gatos it is then....unless there is a line at Stanford even thought the mall forbids it....since that is close to home and it is a dog mall so our pup can even go in to the Apple store....

If you see two old hippies, a tall boy and a scruffy little border terrier coming towards you with pink boxes- that will be us.

tmbrwlf
Jul 11, 2008, 06:03 AM
Yes! I've got the MacBook Pro... sitting in front of a Cafe. Name is Chris, come on out!

I am here are you???

meggieprice
Jul 11, 2008, 06:11 AM
How many in Los Gatos now???? heading out...

guru_ck
Jul 11, 2008, 06:15 AM
How many in Los Gatos now???? heading out...

30, see you here :).

meggieprice
Jul 11, 2008, 06:40 AM
chocolate,maple,glazed, and plain old fashioned on their way!

g41d89a
Jul 11, 2008, 09:32 AM
Drove by on my way to work.. right about 7...

Line has stretched around the block on Main St. My guess is that it was around 100 people, and definitely more were coming as I drove past.

meggieprice
Jul 12, 2008, 03:14 AM
Anyone know if they ran out in Los Gatos?

We were able to initialize online when we got home....

firewood
Jul 12, 2008, 09:47 AM
According to Apple's availability page: http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html the Apple store in Los Gatos was one of the very few in the state to sell out. Glad I didn't drive there.

The lines at Palo Alto were long (maybe 150-200 at opening) but moved quickly after they started letting people (attempt to!) activate at home. There were like 5 TV and media crews photographing the front of the line, the footage appeared on at least 2 local news hours. There was one couple who camped overnight just to look at the iPhone, they left the store without even buying one!

Someone who drove around the area and compared lines at all the Apple stores last year said that the lines at Stanford shopping center were the shortest.