PDA

View Full Version : Houston, Tx (Baybrook Mall)

dcardenas
Jun 15, 2008, 05:49 PM
Planning to purchase Iphone July 11th. Last year I didn't buy my iphone on launch date, but I plan to this time around. The closest Apple store is the baybrook mall one. Anybody got any advice:
like what time should i get there?
if the mall was open or closed last time around?
did they let lawn chairs in?
Any help would be great. thanks

rolex54
Jun 22, 2008, 01:42 AM
I wasn't there last time around, but I am sending my mom there 2 hours before the launch to buy me a new iPhone

dcardenas
Jun 23, 2008, 01:32 AM
Yeah well i wanna camp the night but i dont know if they will let me... guess i will just have to wait and see!!

xamkil83
Jul 9, 2008, 08:09 AM
I am thinking of going up there at around 5:00am that morning. I hope I will be in the first round of people let into the store to buy my shiny new 16gb iPhone 3g. I can't wait... why can't ytoday be Friday.

rally.yellow
Jul 10, 2008, 01:57 AM
I will be calling Baybrook tomorrow morning and finding out how/ if they will allow people to stay overnight or what.

mms6f
Jul 10, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm interested in going to Baybrook too - hopefully we'll hear some advice sometime soon :)

It would be much appreciated!

Is anyone going to go to an AT&T store instead? I wonder if they will be any less crowded...

rally.yellow
Jul 10, 2008, 11:11 AM
I called baybrook and they told me they had "special opening hours for the iphone 3g launch". I got all excited and then she told me the special hours... 7:45 am on launch day......... I asked if there was some procedure for lining up and they said once you can get in, whoever gets there gets there. The advise was to run. I'm thinking about going to the AT&T store by 45 and Fuqua instead of baybrook. What are ya'lls ideas for launch day? I don't want to get mugged or something waiting outside by myself lol

xamkil83
Jul 10, 2008, 01:04 PM
That is ridiculous they should have some sort of presidure for lining up. How will they know who was actually there first. I wonder if I will be able to sneak in the mall with the mall walkers, I know they get there at the butt crack of dawn.

rally.yellow
Jul 10, 2008, 01:13 PM
If I do go to baybrook, I'm going to go through the Macy's main entrance.... seems like the fastest way to get to the Apple store. Or maybe hiding in a restroom until they close and stay there all night haha Where do Apple employees come in through? They have to be there earlier than the opening time of the mall...

widgetguy
Jul 10, 2008, 10:19 PM
i talked to Daniel the manager at apple baybrook today "i use to work there" he told me go in threw luby's doors open at 6:00 a.m try o to get they at 4 or 5 i'll be at att across the street to avoid rush crowds.

widgetguy
Jul 10, 2008, 10:20 PM
If I do go to baybrook, I'm going to go through the Macy's main entrance.... seems like the fastest way to get to the Apple store. Or maybe hiding in a restroom until they close and stay there all night haha Where do Apple employees come in through? They have to be there earlier than the opening time of the mall...

apple employee come in threw the stores front door rarely the back door