PDA

View Full Version : Birmingham, UK

Petoz
Jun 15, 2008, 06:00 PM
I'm thinking the Bullring might be a good option. Two O2 stores, a Carphonewarehouse and an Apple Store. I will definately be there if I can upgrade from my current simplicity contract in store. Can't wait! Anyone else impatient for the iPhone 3G too? Bullring it up!

Konvert
Jun 16, 2008, 05:19 AM
I too shall be at the bullring or maybe even touchwood, I haven't decided yet. Can't wait.

Anyone know what time they'll be releasing it?

Johnpartridge
Jun 16, 2008, 07:56 AM
Ill be most likely at the Bullring store, or touchwood (which is closer to me).

Anyone up for a gathering on launch day?

jonnyk14
Jun 16, 2008, 11:46 AM
I'm pretty sure I'll be there, as like Petoz I'm gonna upgrade my current o2 contract... If I can. Woo!
Let's see if it's anything like as grand as the store's opening 3 years ago.

jnc
Jun 16, 2008, 07:20 PM
I might be around Birmingham, or I might be in Sheffield at the time, not sure - but if I am in Birm it it probably wouldn't be Bullring as I know someone at an o2 elsewhere in Birmingham who can probably sort me out. :cool:

Petoz
Jun 17, 2008, 11:04 AM
I too shall be at the bullring or maybe even touchwood, I haven't decided yet. Can't wait.

Anyone know what time they'll be releasing it?

Where is touchwood? is that and Apple Store or an O2 store? As for release time, I have read in places that it will be 6pm worldwide, so New Zealand will get it first. But I am not sure how accurate this is. That would be annoying. I imagine it would be quieter in the morning, so quicker :D. Also, any ideas when the iPhone 3G would ship if it was ordered on the O2 store online?

Konvert
Jun 17, 2008, 11:33 AM
Touchwood is a shopping centre in Solihull. I think that from July 1st you will be able to pre-order one online from the O2 site (I'm just going with what's happening in Ireland - may not be exactly the same here) but no mention of how long it will take. My guess is that if you pre-order it, then you can collect it in-store on the 11th for activation.

Petoz
Jun 17, 2008, 11:49 AM
Touchwood is a shopping centre in Solihull. I think that from July 1st you will be able to pre-order one online from the O2 site (I'm just going with what's happening in Ireland - may not be exactly the same here) but no mention of how long it will take. My guess is that if you pre-order it, then you can collect it in-store on the 11th for activation.

Cheers. Solihull may be an option. What's happened in Ireland? Have they said pre-order is available from 1st? Is activation in store really necessary? Can they not make you sign up to the contract, and therefore pay them, online and complete activation on itunes? I can't wait to get one. Pre-ordered or in store. Whether or not I go to store depends on whether they can upgrade my simplicity contract there. Another thing i'm trying to figure out is whether to get the 35 or 45 contract. What does anyone think?

Konvert
Jun 17, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, in Ireland you can pre-order from the 1st. Not sure whether in-store activation is necessary but that seems to be the deal in the US, however may not be the same over here (this would make me so happy, could just wait for it to arrive at my doorstep:)). As for which contract to get, the 35 offers the lower total price, compared with 45. Its 729 (over 18 months) at 35/month and the 99 for phone but its 810 for 45/month with free phone. Do you need the extra mins/texts?

Petoz
Jun 17, 2008, 04:43 PM
Yes, in Ireland you can pre-order from the 1st. Not sure whether in-store activation is necessary but that seems to be the deal in the US, however may not be the same over here (this would make me so happy, could just wait for it to arrive at my doorstep:)). As for which contract to get, the 35 offers the lower total price, compared with 45. Its 729 (over 18 months) at 35/month and the 99 for phone but its 810 for 45/month with free phone. Do you need the extra mins/texts?

I'd appreciate it arriving at my doorstep too. Would make life alot easier. Do you think there will be much of a queue at the various apple/o2 stores? I know 35/month would be cheaper overall, but i'm just thinking I could save the 99 in the mean time. Which could be useful. Extra minutes could be useful. Hmm.

Konvert
Jun 18, 2008, 12:42 PM
I hope that there aren't too many people in the queues, but somehow I don't think that will be possible. The iPhone will probably be wanted by many people and if you go into the city centre there will probably be quite a few people there. However I've got all day to wait around on friday:).