PDA

View Full Version : Lexington, KY

Trent0341
Jun 15, 2008, 06:12 PM
I took the day off. Anyone else have plans. When/were you plan on going?

dakotaiphone
Jun 16, 2008, 01:31 AM
I plan on going to the AT&T store in Ashland, I already posted a thread wondering if anyone else will be there with me.

slaction
Jun 17, 2008, 10:18 AM
I plan on going to the AT&T store in Hamburg, but I'm thinking I'll wait till the 12th. I won't be able to take the day off on the 11th so unless I can get it after 5 on the 11th I'll have to wait till the next day. :(

Trent0341
Jun 17, 2008, 09:16 PM
I'm most likely going to Hamburg or the Richmond Rd/New Circle location. Last year I bought v. 1 in Arizona... How were the lines in Lexington?

SheepNutz
Jun 18, 2008, 05:38 AM
If Lexington is going to be packed, you might want to try AT&T in Winchester. It's only about 15 minutes from Hamburg, and when the first iPhone came out, my cousin didn't make it there until right before they closed and they still had a few.

Trent0341
Jul 1, 2008, 04:24 PM
I'll keep Winchester in mind. I think I'm going to try and be there around 630 am for the 8 am launch. If the lines are crazy I might consider Winchester.

slaction
Jul 2, 2008, 09:42 AM
Winchester is a good suggestion, I'm going to keep that in mind.

I went to the ATT store in Hamburg yesterday to go ahead and do the credit check (I'm currently with T-Mobile) so I could be pre-approved and not have to wait for it on launch day (I read that AT&T suggested this yesterday to help speed things up on the 11th). Well the people at the Hamburg store knew nothing about it. The girl at the counter actually told me it would be a bad idea because if they happened to run out of IPhones at that particular store then they would have to do another credit check at a different store.

I'm planning on being there around opening time (8am) on the 11th. If there is a really large crowd then I'm going to leave and come back later in the day.

SheepNutz
Jul 2, 2008, 07:59 PM
If you go to the AT&T store in Winchester (and it's not in the morning), hit up Great Wall Chinese Restaurant next door. Their General Tso's Chicken is the ****.

brock2621
Jul 8, 2008, 11:58 PM
So are most ppl going to be at Hamburg? If i can get the money in time, i'll probably get there around 6. I can't wait more than 2 hours outside on a work day. I have to be at work at 10.

Trent0341
Jul 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
So are most ppl going to be at Hamburg? If i can get the money in time, i'll probably get there around 6. I can't wait more than 2 hours outside on a work day. I have to be at work at 10.

Hamburg is my first choice. I'm keeping a couple other locations in mind depending on the line (if any). I don't plan on getting there till 0730 as of right now.

aus0503
Jul 9, 2008, 06:02 PM
I set up a family plan today at the store by the mall (off nicholasville road) and plan on going to that store Friday morning to hopefully add a iphone 3g onto that plan.
What do you all recommend doing? Going to that one or try some other stores in Lexington? I assume since I have already set up a family plan I can go to any of them without having to worry about a credit check again.

nickoberg
Jul 9, 2008, 10:54 PM
i am going to the richmond road att store. i might go out the night before, but probably just around 6am or 7am the 11th. i really want an iphone. anyone else thinking of forming a line the night before.. is the phone in that much of a demand, do we know the supply?

xbcustoms
Jul 9, 2008, 11:08 PM
'Hey "nickoberg" i might join you, ive been wanting to stake out at the somerset store but the people working there are jerks and refuse to sell me 5 iPhones with a new family plan, its because i work at the local cell phone unlocking store, but im debating if i want to go to richmond, danville or lexington ATT store, im super stoked about the release, im originaly from a large metropolitan area and i remember the first launch, i was there 3 days in advance, now with KY being more rural, getting there the night before should probally be cool, but i cant wait! its litteraly driving me up the wall! I cant take the wait much longer, i would like to go to one of the three stores but i iust not rather go alone and wait all there by myself, lets talk email me at revelation227@yahoo.com:apple:

slaction
Jul 10, 2008, 08:18 AM
I hear if you go to the Hamburg ATT store.....you'll get AIDS...might want to choose another store. ;)

brock2621
Jul 10, 2008, 08:52 AM
I called and the ATT on Nicholasville road will have shipments supposedly "double" the size of all other stores. But that's probably cuz the lines are going to be so frikin long.

Trent0341
Jul 10, 2008, 11:57 AM
'Hey "nickoberg" i might join you, ive been wanting to stake out at the somerset store but the people working there are jerks and refuse to sell me 5 iPhones with a new family plan, its because i work at the local cell phone unlocking store, but im debating if i want to go to richmond, danville or lexington ATT store, im super stoked about the release, im originaly from a large metropolitan area and i remember the first launch, i was there 3 days in advance, now with KY being more rural, getting there the night before should probally be cool, but i cant wait! its litteraly driving me up the wall! I cant take the wait much longer, i would like to go to one of the three stores but i iust not rather go alone and wait all there by myself, lets talk email me at revelation227@yahoo.com:apple:
Good luck on finding a store willing to sell you 5 iPhones (unless you actually have 5 people in line with you). I'm hoping to buy two with a family plan but doubt that will happen.

xbcustoms
Jul 10, 2008, 03:05 PM
ya ill need all the luck i can get. LOL

slaction
Jul 11, 2008, 01:39 PM
Anyone have any luck this morning?

Hamburg store ran out of 16g before I could get in. They still had 8g but I opted to order the 16 instead.

How did you guys do?