Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Plynth222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
I recently purchased a used last-generation iBook on Ebay and immediately uncovered what I believe is a significant problem. While using the tracking pad and simply scrolling down a menu or passing over icons, it will be as if I've clicked on the mouse button and I'm thrown into unwanted pages. Further, I can tap on the tracking pad and it will likewise act as a mouse button and I can access anything I would ordinarily use the mouse button for. :eek:

Clearly, this is something I'm not happy about. Before I go yelling and screaming back to the seller and make threats, is there something I can do as far as a fix on this? Nothing in preferences seems to be of any help, including "Ignore accidental tracking pad input." Thoughts??? :confused:

ki2594

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2008
Carmel, IN.
what os are u using? if your in leopard, go to the mouse and keyboard settings and uncheck clicking under trackpad gestures

Plynth222

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Oh jeez, in the words of Homer Simpson, "D'oh!!!." I have Tiger, 10.4.11, and the click setting that was apparently checked--not be me, I might add. :rolleyes:

I swear, I am not a dumb-ass, but sure feel like one. Thanks for saving me from ripping the rest of the hair out of my head!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.