PDA

View Full Version : iBook Tracking Pad Problem

Plynth222
Jun 15, 2008, 07:29 PM
I recently purchased a used last-generation iBook on Ebay and immediately uncovered what I believe is a significant problem. While using the tracking pad and simply scrolling down a menu or passing over icons, it will be as if I've clicked on the mouse button and I'm thrown into unwanted pages. Further, I can tap on the tracking pad and it will likewise act as a mouse button and I can access anything I would ordinarily use the mouse button for. :eek:

Clearly, this is something I'm not happy about. Before I go yelling and screaming back to the seller and make threats, is there something I can do as far as a fix on this? Nothing in preferences seems to be of any help, including "Ignore accidental tracking pad input." Thoughts??? :confused:

ki2594
Jun 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
what os are u using? if your in leopard, go to the mouse and keyboard settings and uncheck clicking under trackpad gestures

Plynth222
Jun 15, 2008, 08:23 PM
Oh jeez, in the words of Homer Simpson, "D'oh!!!." I have Tiger, 10.4.11, and the click setting that was apparently checked--not be me, I might add. :rolleyes:

I swear, I am not a dumb-ass, but sure feel like one. Thanks for saving me from ripping the rest of the hair out of my head!

ki2594
Jun 15, 2008, 09:01 PM
hahah its ok somethings like that aren't obvious to some and are to others.