PDA

View Full Version : Denver, CO

Sherb
Jun 16, 2008, 01:37 AM
Anyone planing on hitting up one of Colorado's 5 stores? I'll probably go to Aspen Grove store or the store in Boulder.

Colorado stores:

Boulder, Twenty Ninth Street
Broomfield, Flatiron Crossing
Denver, Cherry Creek
Littleton, Aspen Grove
Lone Tree, Park Meadows

ejs1980
Jun 16, 2008, 10:40 AM
Yeah I am totally down for Cherry Creek, where I fully expect to be surrounded by anxious yuppies. Hopefully some hard core MacRumors people will be there, too.

:)

Sherb
Jun 16, 2008, 10:48 AM
Yeah I am totally down for Cherry Creek, where I fully expect to be surrounded by anxious yuppies. Hopefully some hard core MacRumors people will be there, too.

:)
I wish you luck. I'm personally staying clear from stores within a mall :D

dderek26
Jun 16, 2008, 10:50 AM
The twenty-ninth street store in Boulder for me! :D

lazyrighteye
Jun 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Depending on what time the device goes on sale, Aspen Grove is closest to work. Otherwise, I'm probably looking at a super crowded Cherry Creek Mall store - whose crowds may force me to hit the closer-to-home AT&T store in the 16th St. Mall (tho, I'd rather my $ count towards Apple retail stores' figures).

As a current iPhone user, I am hoping the rumored SIM card switch out at home is true. Also hoping the back of the new device is more scratch resistant than it looks. I just can't imagine Apple giving us another super scratch-prone device. But I suppose anything is possible.
We'll know a lot more in 2 weeks!

ejs1980
Jun 16, 2008, 12:34 PM
i live closer to the 16th st mall AT&T store as well, but i think that would be way lamer than an apple store.

re: within malls. agreed that this is unfortunate for a variety of reasons. but still, i think it will be a good time. i don't care about crowds at all. as long as i get mine on July 11, i say the more the merrier.

ejs1980
Jun 16, 2008, 12:55 PM
Anyone know what the buying experience was like for the first iPhone in Cherry Creek? Huge lines? Just lots of gawkers? How early do you have to get there to be within the first 50 people (or does the question overstate the likely demand at CC?)?

matt550
Jun 16, 2008, 06:10 PM
Aspen Grove. I live close and work close. I hope to hit it up on the way home from work.

hexonxonx
Jun 16, 2008, 06:32 PM
The twenty-ninth street store in Boulder for me! :D

I despise that store. It's not a bad store at all, it's just it's surroundings and the parking situation. Try finding a space up close like when you are buying a new computer such as a Mac Pro. Having to park a block away and carry this huge heavy machine in a box is not fun. I will never shop at that store again nor any Apple store in a mall such as Cherry Creek or Flat Irons. I will drive the 30 minutes to get to Aspen Grove, the most convenient Apple store we have in the front range.

Sherb
Jun 16, 2008, 10:13 PM
Anyone know what the buying experience was like for the first iPhone in Cherry Creek? Huge lines? Just lots of gawkers? How early do you have to get there to be within the first 50 people (or does the question overstate the likely demand at CC?)?
The first iPhone launch had people lined up all away around the wall (almost hitting the back street), but they had enough iPhones for everyone. I believe people were camping out for a while. It shouldn't be too bad this time. There were like ~500 (ran out of free shirts) or more lined up in boulder for the Leopard release and that line formed in an hour.

Photos from aspen grove iPhone launch (http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=aspen%20grove%20iphone&w=all)

LoneWolf121188
Jun 16, 2008, 10:27 PM
Hopefully some hard core MacRumors people will be there, too.
hahaha...now there's an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
I'll be at the 29th st mall, even though I'll be jet-lagged as hell from flying back from Singapore the day before. :eek: What time do you think we should start lining up?

Sherb
Jun 16, 2008, 10:40 PM
hahaha...now there's an oxymoron. :rolleyes:
I'll be at the 29th st mall, even though I'll be jet-lagged as hell from flying back from Singapore the day before. :eek: What time do you think we should start lining up?Depends on when they start selling it (prob 6), I'm not going to start lining up until I see a few people there. I have all day to kill. May just chill in the car, using Apple's wifi, until ~10 are in line (or more).

tchait
Jun 16, 2008, 10:52 PM
I'll be at 29th Street or FlatIron Crossing.

thewhiterabbit9
Jun 17, 2008, 01:38 AM
I thought the 3g was only going to first be sold in AT&T stores?

dderek26
Jun 17, 2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah, the parking situation isn't the best around there. The only things I've bought from there are my original iphone and a few software titles, so no lugging many pounds of Mac to a garage spot a mile away! I'll be in the area that Friday anyway, though, so I'll probably just walk right on up and leave the car in a more sane parking area.

I despise that store. It's not a bad store at all, it's just it's surroundings and the parking situation. Try finding a space up close like when you are buying a new computer such as a Mac Pro. Having to park a block away and carry this huge heavy machine in a box is not fun. I will never shop at that store again nor any Apple store in a mall such as Cherry Creek or Flat Irons. I will drive the 30 minutes to get to Aspen Grove, the most convenient Apple store we have in the front range.

Sherb
Jun 21, 2008, 06:14 PM
I thought the 3g was only going to first be sold in AT&T stores?

Nope, unless you know something we don't. :D

3gPhonatic
Jul 2, 2008, 11:10 AM
I'll be at Flatirons AT&T store, don't know how early yet. Anyone for 6am?:)

SCMedic
Jul 7, 2008, 04:34 PM
I live right next to Flatirons.. I'll be hitting up the Apple Store at the mall there.. 6am just may be in the cards. Not sure what kind of line to expect.

virus7
Jul 8, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'm shooting for one of the Lakewood AT&T stores, I'm hoping there isn't much of a line.

sprynmr
Jul 9, 2008, 12:06 AM
Yea I'll be hitting the Aspen Grove store. Not sure how many other fanatics will be there, but I'll probably get there around 6:15 so I can get to work at a decent time.

My fiance complains that I won't get up for ANYTHING else.

SCMedic
Jul 9, 2008, 07:08 PM
Probably going to the AT&T store right here by Flatirons, basically due to the fact that the Apple store couldn't tell me where the line was going to be and they were basically very short and full of ZERO info.

matt550
Jul 9, 2008, 09:45 PM
I'll be at Aspen Grove a little after 2:30pm I hope they have a 16gb in White when I get there

3gPhonatic
Jul 10, 2008, 01:15 PM
Now I see that Apple does not have a limit of 1 phone per person, am buying family plan with two phones so going to Flat Irons Apple store 6a.m. when the mall doors open.:D

LoneWolf121188
Jul 10, 2008, 04:39 PM
Anyone going to the AT&T store at 29th St tomorrow? I figure it'll be a little less chaotic there.

KrisZiel
Jul 10, 2008, 08:35 PM
I am going to be at the 29th street store. I will probably get there around 6:30 - 7 AM. I am hoping that there are basically no lines as I have to be out of there by 8:30. If there is no line, or a really short line, I might drop by the AT&T store a few stores away.

serff
Jul 10, 2008, 10:52 PM
Sweet, so no one is going to park meadows?? And where did you hear you can now buy more than one phone at Apple? I called them today and asked them and he told me you can only buy one. pisses me off. Oh well...i'll be down park meadows 6ish.

badmammajamma
Jul 11, 2008, 12:11 AM
The wife and I will be getting to the 16th St. Mall AT&T around 7:30 tomorrow morning. We both work downtown. Yeah, not real hardcore am I. :rolleyes:

Sherb
Jul 11, 2008, 04:06 AM
Sweet, so no one is going to park meadows?? And where did you hear you can now buy more than one phone at Apple? I called them today and asked them and he told me you can only buy one. pisses me off. Oh well...i'll be down park meadows 6ish.

I thought about heading to the Park Meadows store since it's so close, but it's in a mall and Aspen Grove is outside.

Anyone from the Aspen Grove line on here? (about 3am). I drove by last night and there were ~4 people waiting. Just wondering if it's filling up. I plan to get there at about 6.

hexonxonx
Jul 11, 2008, 04:59 AM
I thought about heading to the Park Meadows store since it's so close, but it's in a mall and Aspen Grove is outside.

Anyone from the Aspen Grove line on here? (about 3am). I drove by last night and there were ~4 people waiting. Just wondering if it's filling up. I plan to get there at about 6.

I was thinking about going there, that's the store I prefer to shop at.

I just drove by the AT&T store at 120th and Washington and there were about four cars parked in front of the store, maybe 6-8 people. That's probably where I will end up in the end.

LoneWolf121188
Jul 11, 2008, 07:07 AM
Heading down to ATT at 29th St...I'll be wearing a dark blue shirt with chinese lettering down the left side. Say hi if you see me!

virus7
Jul 11, 2008, 07:24 AM
will be heading out to the Belmar AT&T store in about 30 minutes to see if there is a line.

spandexwarrior
Jul 11, 2008, 07:31 AM
About 35 people in line at the AT&T store in Longmont, according to the mgr, "enough for everyone". Famous last words.

hexonxonx
Jul 11, 2008, 07:34 AM
About 35 people in line at the AT&T store in Longmont, according to the mgr, "enough for everyone". Famous last words.

I would be in line myself but I have to get to DMV to renew my plates. They open at 7 and then I'm on my way to AT&T or Apple if AT&T sells out.

wPod
Jul 11, 2008, 07:38 AM
About 2 dozen people here in line at the 16th St mall ATT store. The first guy in line says the manager said there are 50 iPhones availible. We will see, the line is slowly growing.

hexonxonx
Jul 11, 2008, 07:41 AM
About 2 dozen people here in line at the 16th St mall ATT store. The first guy in line says the manager said there are 50 iPhones availible. We will see, the line is slowly growing.

Well maybe I better head to Apple then if that store only has 50, maybe all AT&T stores only have 50. Aspen Grove it is.

SCMedic
Jul 11, 2008, 08:00 AM
75 people in line here at flatirons. Free water and supposed swag. I'm currently 30th or so. ...no word on stock though.

virus7
Jul 11, 2008, 08:20 AM
Wirelessly posted (blackjack: SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/UCHA1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

at the belmar at&t store, i'd guess 50 or so in line.

dderek26
Jul 11, 2008, 08:31 AM
Does anyone know what the lines look like at the 29th St store in Boulder?

wPod
Jul 11, 2008, 08:32 AM
20 8GB and 30 16GB (15 of each color) at the 16th street ATT store

harvardboi
Jul 11, 2008, 08:42 AM
at cherry creek. About 300 folks

virus7
Jul 11, 2008, 09:06 AM
Wirelessly posted (blackjack: SAMSUNG-SGH-I607/UCHA1 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) UP.Link/6.3.1.17.0)

looks like stock is going to be a problem. only 40 at the belmar at&t.

virus7
Jul 11, 2008, 09:54 AM
well after less an hour, the belmar at&t sold out of 16gb, blacks went first followed by white and sold out right before me. kinda lame, but oh well.

LoneWolf121188
Jul 11, 2008, 11:06 AM
There was one person in front of me in the line at the 29th St AT&T store when they said they were out of 16GB phones. :( Anyone going tomorrow?

Oh, and a FedEx truck showed up at about 7:45 with a few more phones. They said that there would be enough 16GB phones to get to my place in the line, but people kept cutting in because their friends held spots for them in line. Lame.

shakkabrah
Jul 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone know how the stock is holding up at the Aspen Grove Apple store? I'm planning to head down in an hour or so.

virus7
Jul 11, 2008, 12:12 PM
Anyone know how the stock is holding up at the Aspen Grove Apple store? I'm planning to head down in an hour or so.

i was thinking about heading over there too..but i assumed they were sold it. i'll give them a call and find out.

hexonxonx
Jul 11, 2008, 01:09 PM
Still waiting in line,Aspen Grove since 9:00 or so. Still got about an hours wait and they have iPhones for most of the people,at least 200 more of us.

SCMedic
Jul 11, 2008, 05:13 PM
Flatirons has stock and virtually 0 line.. I was in at 6:30 this morning, and out by 9...

HasanDaddy
Jul 11, 2008, 08:16 PM
okay - big update based on phone calls -

Littleton has a small line but only 8 giggers left

Park Meadows has a long line (170) people and stock is good

Boulder isn't picking up

Flatirons is sold out

I'm at Cherry Creek - they told us that the wait here is 4 hours but that stock is good - as of 30 mins ago the line started moving quicker - fingers are crossed

Any other updates?

If youre cool with 8 gig then go to Littleton

LoneWolf121188
Jul 11, 2008, 10:11 PM
Just FYI, the apple website is reporting that all CO stores will have all models in stock tomorrow, with the exception of Flatirons, which won't have either 16GB model.

matt550
Jul 11, 2008, 11:08 PM
I will be at Aspen Grove around 7am, they open at 9am. Being a morning person anyways I dont mind waiting a little bit.

HasanDaddy
Jul 12, 2008, 05:11 AM
After three and a half hours of waiting in Cherry Creek, my sister and I nabbed two iPhones 16 gig, a little bit after 10 PM

the Apple Store staff, as always, were very friendly and extremely helpful

I'm deeply upset that we had to wait so long.... however, Apple won me back over because, as we waited, the Apple Store trotted out a cart with free water bottles and brownies ---- it wasn't dinner, but it was a reflection of a company that was doing its best to keep its customers happy

Kudos Apple ---- it could've been a better launch, but overall, I'm happy

ybakos
Jul 13, 2008, 05:02 PM
Was at Aspen Grove yesterday and today -- sold out.

virus7
Jul 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
Anyone have any luck at any of the AT&T stores?

I have a FAN discount so I was going to stick with an AT&T store, rather than trying to cancel it, just to buy the phone.