PDA

View Full Version : Hamburg, Germany

Morti
Jun 16, 2008, 03:45 AM
Hi,

anyone beeing there at the Telekom store at the Stephansplatz in Downtown Hamburg near the Gänsemarkt?

I plan to be there at launch day.

Regards,
Martin

eji
Jun 16, 2008, 05:24 AM
Do you know what the details of T-Mobile's iPhone 3G contract will be?

A 3G iPhone sounds really nice, but I don't know if I *need* one. I'm using Blau.de on an ancient Nokia at the moment. Is there (or will there be) a pay-as-you-go plan for the iPhone?

If anyone has some more info, then I can say whether I'll be at the launch or not.

Morti
Jun 17, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yes, the details have been yesterday revealed by T-Mobile. They are probably more or less the same as they are today. The lowest contract starts at 29 Euro per month and you pay then 169 Euro for the 8 GB iPhone.

Not only that, T-Mobile yesterday sent out newsletters with the ability to pre-order now the iPhone 3G and they promised the first 1000 orders will get their iPhone definately on july 11th deliverered to their home. I couldn't resist and ordered there my iPhone online.

I took the 16 GB black version and took the Complete S tariff for 29 Euro. So although I created this Hamburg thread, I won't be there as I need to wait in that timeframe at home for the delivery of the iPhone... :-) (bear with me...)

Details here: http://www.t-mobile.de/iphone/

eji
Jun 17, 2008, 04:30 AM
I top up our phone on Blau with €30 every six months. So even €29/month is still overkill.

Ah, well. I guess I'll wait until you can find it unlocked, and I won't be standing in line at the launch.

Hope all of those who are at the Hamburg launch enjoy themselves!

Veldek
Jun 17, 2008, 04:38 AM
I agree. I thought about getting a 3G iPhone, but seeing the tariffs are the same, even 29€ is too much for me, seeing I use my cell phone very rarely. My pay-as-you-go is therefore about 15€ in 6 months. I would have bought one to be able to surf the web on the go, but you'd have to pay at least 49€ per month if you wanted the data flat, and I'm too cheap for this :(

onicon
Jun 21, 2008, 05:47 PM
i'm still unshure if i can (*want to*) afford the rates (they suck pretty bad compared to o2 in the uk or tmobile in .at). if i should decide to i'll meet you at stephansplatz :)

when will you be there?

(i am still hoping for other apple distributors to carry the iphone, too.)

one strange thing... i am not able to find the t-punkt (the street is dammtorstr.) on t-punkt.de did they close it down?

edit: as of today it was announced that at least gravis (big german apple retailer) is going to carry the iphone. maybe i'll get it there.

Morti
Jun 22, 2008, 04:32 AM
Uh, I ordered meanwhile via the T-Mobile homepage so I saved the 25 euro activation fee so I bet, although I created this thread, I won't be there as T-Mobile said they deliver the iPhone then betwen 5pm and 10pm on july 11th (if you're one of the first 1000 that ordered the phone - hope I did so).

The T-Mobile store is still there at the Stephansplatz, across the street of the Hamburger Oper, you won't miss it. Otherwise there is a new and superbig T-Mobile store in the Mönckebergstr. too!

Morti
Jun 23, 2008, 11:25 PM
Meanwhile I talked to the service hotline of T-Mobile to ask whether my online order was received because their online order tracking does not work yet for iPhone 3G orders since days. They told me then that it is not clear whether I will receive the iPhone on the 11th of July. I could call in the day on a special number they gave me.

So I will be calling them on the 11th in the morning and if they then did not send out a phone to me, I will cancel my order and head up to one of the two T-Mobile stores at 6pm. Guess I will be at Stephansplatz and not at Mönckebergstr. in that case.

Morti
Jul 1, 2008, 04:16 AM
Doh! The T-Mobile shop at the Stephansplatz closed at june 17th and moved over to the one in the Mönckebergstraße, so meetup should happen there.

Morti
Jul 11, 2008, 09:35 AM
Hamburg downtown is sold out - no iPhones anymore. Just back from the store there.

onicon
Jul 12, 2008, 01:03 AM
seems there are no iphones left in hamburg...

think i'll get mine at gravis later (maybe with a nice staff discount :cool:).