PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa, Ok

greenmymac
Jun 16, 2008, 07:28 AM
We have a few AT&T Stores selling iPhone 3Gs and an Apple Store anyone from Tulsa waiting in line if so Ill see you at the Apple Store!

greenmymac
Jun 16, 2008, 09:24 PM
Or i might be 14th lewis AT&T Store

http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store/results.jsp?_requestid=4097

robertdx
Jun 17, 2008, 11:41 AM
Does anyone know how packed it was for the first iPhone release? I'm thinking of heading over to the 14th & Lewis AT&T store instead just because it might be less crowded. What were the stocks of iPhones in Tulsa like? I'm guessing Apple ran out pretty quick, but how many people got them vs. how many people wanted them?

greenmymac
Jun 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
The problem here was we didn't have and Apple store at the first iPhone launch... Im guessing the apple store we have now will be packed so thats why Im hoping to get lucky at AT&T.

robertdx
Jun 21, 2008, 11:03 AM
I talked to a sales clerk at the 14&Lewis store. He said they would be selling iPhones there on the 11th, and that they didn't really know anything about the event yet. He said they should be getting more details in the new few weeks.

greenmymac
Jun 21, 2008, 08:50 PM
I talked to a sales clerk at the 14&Lewis store. He said they would be selling iPhones there on the 11th, and that they didn't really know anything about the event yet. He said they should be getting more details in the new few weeks.

All I care about is getting 1 Black 16GB and 1 White 16GB and i'll be on my way:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

There has got to be some Tulsa peeps going

greenmymac
Jun 26, 2008, 06:50 PM
Get ready Tulsa 14 Days till iDay II

Spiffyis5150
Jun 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
Myself and a couple of friends will be going although we're not sure if we're going to stand in line at the Apple store or hit one of the AT&T stores. I know that will avoid the AT&T store @ 71st and Memorial. Absolutely, the worst store that I have ever been to for customer service.

greenmymac
Jun 27, 2008, 09:37 PM
Myself and a couple of friends will be going although we're not sure if we're going to stand in line at the Apple store or hit one of the AT&T stores. I know that will avoid the AT&T store @ 71st and Memorial. Absolutely, the worst store that I have ever been to for customer service.

When has AT&T (Cingular) been known for their great A+ Customer Service! Have fun at the  (Apple for you lucky windows users) Store.

12 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!

Spiffyis5150
Jun 29, 2008, 06:21 PM
True, but I've had good service at 41st and Yale and the 71st and Mingo AT&T stores. We'll end up hanging out at wherever we can get the phone fastest. The key is to get a phone. I think there will be a lot of newbs that will be looking to get this version because of the price which could make finding one a bit harder.

greenmymac
Jun 29, 2008, 07:52 PM
True, but I've had good service at 41st and Yale and the 71st and Mingo AT&T stores. We'll end up hanging out at wherever we can get the phone fastest. The key is to get a phone. I think there will be a lot of newbs that will be looking to get this version because of the price which could make finding one a bit harder.

I just wish apple would say what time its gonna be released...right now im going off last years release time so im gonna be out there around 5 or 6 am..

Good luck on getting one

Happy birthday iPhone 2.5G

greenmymac
Jul 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
WATCH OUT TULSA

make sure you bring all the people on ur family plan that will have an iphone according to http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho..._checklist.pdf if you look at the step 1 it says " You may purchase 1 iPhone per person in line."

and I called all the at&t stores that are selling they will be open at 8 am and as far as the apple store no word yet

kwjohns
Jul 2, 2008, 11:13 AM
The problem here was we didn't have and Apple store at the first iPhone launch... Im guessing the apple store we have now will be packed so thats why Im hoping to get lucky at AT&T.

Huh?

The Tulsa Apple store's grand opening was the day of the iPhone launch.

greenmymac
Jul 2, 2008, 12:11 PM
Huh?

The Tulsa Apple store's grand opening was the day of the iPhone launch.

Huh didn't know.. I went to AT&T for mine I thought it didn't open till late august!

twinsdad
Jul 2, 2008, 08:08 PM
I'm headed to the AT&T store in Owasso where I live. It's a good size store and I don't think it will be too crowded in Owasso at 8:00 am.

greenmymac
Jul 2, 2008, 08:14 PM
I'm headed to the AT&T store in Owasso where I live. It's a good size store and I don't think it will be too crowded in Owasso at 8:00 am.

Thats a good idea!

defenderoftheo
Jul 2, 2008, 09:16 PM

Actually we did, the iPhone launch was the same day as the grand opening. The line was VERY long but I think more of it was for the grand opeing rather than the iPhone, but I do know they sold out the first day (but they were open from 6pm to midnight)

greenmymac
Jul 2, 2008, 09:22 PM
Actually we did, the iPhone launch was the same day as the grand opening. The line was VERY long but I think more of it was for the grand opeing rather than the iPhone, but I do know they sold out the first day (but they were open from 6pm to midnight)

Im still planning on going to at&t so i know (hope) i can get one

EuphAple
Jul 3, 2008, 12:25 PM
I am from Dallas, TX but I will be in Pryor, OK on the day of the iPhone launch. So I am going to drive over to Tulsa and stand in line for one. Are they going to be handing out t-shirts as well?

greenmymac
Jul 3, 2008, 01:04 PM
I am from Dallas, TX but I will be in Pryor, OK on the day of the iPhone launch. So I am going to drive over to Tulsa and stand in line for one. Are they going to be handing out t-shirts as well?

Maybe at the Apple store on 71st Memorial but at AT&T i doubt it... just the iPhones!

EuphAple
Jul 3, 2008, 05:13 PM
Maybe at the Apple store on 71st Memorial but at AT&T i doubt it... just the iPhones!

That's what I mean. The Apple Store. I already have it programed in my GPS, I've never been to Tulsa.

greenmymac
Jul 3, 2008, 08:23 PM
That's what I mean. The Apple Store. I already have it programed in my GPS, I've never been to Tulsa.

You will like it.... its a nice city some stuff to do here most stuff to do is down south ( where the Apple Store is..

Good luck on iDay (v.2)

greenmymac
Jul 6, 2008, 02:16 PM
Our local Apple store is opening at 8Am to start selling iPhone 3G

249-7800 option 5 to check for ur self

robertdx
Jul 6, 2008, 05:11 PM
The 14th & Lewis store is pretty close to Cherry Street (15th) where all sorts of cool restaurants are.

If they open at 8am, I'm wondering how early I need to get there... I don't want to wait in line forever. I can't imagine there would be a line forming the night before, but maybe? I've never been to any Apple events before.

EuphAple
Jul 7, 2008, 04:22 AM
what about the mall? Does it close? What time will it open? Will they let us in to line up at the store before?

Spiffyis5150
Jul 7, 2008, 12:50 PM
I'm hoping they will. The mall doesn't open until 10am, so it's hard to say at this point what they will do in light of Apple opening at 8am. My guess is that we will have to wait at the entrance outside of the mail until they let us in at 8am. I may stop by on the way home tonight and ask them what the plan is.

greenmymac
Jul 7, 2008, 02:25 PM
I'm hoping they will. The mall doesn't open until 10am, so it's hard to say at this point what they will do in light of Apple opening at 8am. My guess is that we will have to wait at the entrance outside of the mail until they let us in at 8am. I may stop by on the way home tonight and ask them what the plan is.

Last year the mall let apple stay open until midnight! so i would imagine they would let Apple open early!

EuphAple
Jul 8, 2008, 08:11 AM
Hey thanks guys. Im here in OK now. Please keep me updated on any info about the mall. I'll try giving a call there later.

Thanks again!

greenmymac
Jul 8, 2008, 07:36 PM
Hey thanks guys. Im here in OK now. Please keep me updated on any info about the mall. I'll try giving a call there later.

Thanks again!

Anyone else from Tulsa have iDay iPlans What AT&T store or Apple Store....What time

Cynicalone
Jul 9, 2008, 09:18 AM
The mall opens at 6 a.m. for mall walkers, so I assume you can start to line up then if you want.

I will either be going to the Apple store or my AT&T location at 41st. and Yale. Down the road a bit past the Circuit City shopping center.

I hope all goes well, I have been an AT&T customer for a while now and I hope that speeds things along. If you choose to wait outside at an AT&T store the last I checked the weather should be clear on Friday.

evocomps
Jul 9, 2008, 01:37 PM
I love Tulsa. I still go back a couple times a year but I'm going to have to stay local for iDay 2. I live near Fort Smith, AR so will have to hit an AT&T store here.

Have fun!

:apple: always.

greenmymac
Jul 9, 2008, 03:33 PM
I love Tulsa. I still go back a couple times a year but I'm going to have to stay local for iDay 2. I live near Fort Smith, AR so will have to hit an AT&T store here.

Have fun!

:apple: always.

Ill be lining up around 2am at my local at&t store

are you ready for iDay

Spiffyis5150
Jul 9, 2008, 05:05 PM
Wow, 2am! I was planning to get to the AT&T store about 6am. I'm still debating the Apple store versus the AT&T store because I have FAN and I'm a little nervous about that. With that said, my plan was to eval the line at the AT&T store and if it looks crazy, go to the Apple store. My suspicion is that the Apple store will have more phones and go faster, but then I'm also hoping that more people will be at the Apple store and the line will be short at the AT&T store. You still going to the AT&T store on 15th & Lewis greenmymac? If so, watch out for wackos coming your way from 11th. :-)

greenmymac
Jul 9, 2008, 10:00 PM
Wow, 2am! I was planning to get to the AT&T store about 6am. I'm still debating the Apple store versus the AT&T store because I have FAN and I'm a little nervous about that. With that said, my plan was to eval the line at the AT&T store and if it looks crazy, go to the Apple store. My suspicion is that the Apple store will have more phones and go faster, but then I'm also hoping that more people will be at the Apple store and the line will be short at the AT&T store. You still going to the AT&T store on 15th & Lewis greenmymac? If so, watch out for wackos coming your way from 11th. :-)

Do you mean 11th street! lol or if not what!!! The at&t at 15th lews made me mad so im going to 96th riverside! good luck :-)

defenderoftheo
Jul 9, 2008, 11:03 PM
Just as a heads the Apple Store will be open at 8am. I have it on good authority the the mall doors on the lower level near the James Avery and Talbits (women's apparel store not sure if I spelled it correctly) will be the place to line up and that Mall Security will unlock them at 8. I was also told that they believe they will have plenty of stock to make through the weekend.

robertdx
Jul 9, 2008, 11:55 PM
Just as a heads the Apple Store will be open at 8am. I have it on good authority the the mall doors on the lower level near the James Avery and Talbits (women's apparel store not sure if I spelled it correctly) will be the place to line up and that Mall Security will unlock them at 8. I was also told that they believe they will have plenty of stock to make through the weekend.

Thats great news! I want an iPhone... I'm just sort of lazy. I don't really want to wait up all night long.

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 07:15 PM
Thats great news! I want an iPhone... I'm just sort of lazy. I don't really want to wait up all night long.

Anyone headed out yet......t-minus 7 hours for me!

AppleEATER77
Jul 10, 2008, 08:39 PM
Anyone headed out yet......t-minus 7 hours for me!

which store are you going to line up at? I am trying to figure out when i will leave.

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 08:40 PM
which store are you going to line up at? I am trying to figure out when i will leave.

I dunno yet I keep changing my mind!

probably somewhere in the 71st memorial area

AppleEATER77
Jul 10, 2008, 08:41 PM
I dunno yet I keep changing my mind!

probably somewhere in the 71st memorial area

I might see you there.

AppleEATER77
Jul 10, 2008, 09:10 PM
Less than 12hrs left to go :D

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 09:11 PM
Less than 12hrs left to go :D

What color are you getting... here im getting 1 Black 16GB and 1 white 16GB

AppleEATER77
Jul 10, 2008, 10:32 PM
What color are you getting... here im getting 1 Black 16GB and 1 white 16GB

Black 16GB for me. Sucks i have to drive over 40miles to get one there though lol. Ill see ya in the am if you go to 71st and memorial.

greenmymac
Jul 10, 2008, 10:33 PM
Black 16GB for me. Sucks i have to drive over 40miles to get one there though lol. Ill see ya in the am if you go to 71st and memorial.

See ya there! Have fun driving

AppleEATER77
Jul 10, 2008, 10:34 PM
See ya there! Have fun driving

will do

greenmymac
Jul 11, 2008, 02:16 AM
will do

Sitting in line about 9th in line!!!!

robertdx
Jul 11, 2008, 01:11 PM
14th & Lewis ATT store was sold out before 11am. I hope everyone waiting in line got one, I didn't want to wait around though.

Any news about how the Apple store is faring?

ashVID
Jul 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
Every AT&T location is sold out, plenty at the Apple store but check out is a disaster. This morning, around 11:30am they had processed "around 50 people" TOTAL and there was a large line. As of 4:00 they were doing more like 40 people per hour but there were 200+ in line. They still have "plenty" of phones but you will wait 3-5 hours to get one. The activation process, which is SOLELY on the shoulders of Apple who insists on running it thru iTunes had been a nightmare for all involved.

I am just going to wait it out, luckily, I got my old phone back up after the update this AM. What a mess!

ash =o)

AppleEATER77
Jul 11, 2008, 08:06 PM
Every AT&T location is sold out, plenty at the Apple store but check out is a disaster. This morning, around 11:30am they had processed "around 50 people" TOTAL and there was a large line. As of 4:00 they were doing more like 40 people per hour but there were 200+ in line. They still have "plenty" of phones but you will wait 3-5 hours to get one. The activation process, which is SOLELY on the shoulders of Apple who insists on running it thru iTunes had been
a nightmare for all involved.

I am just going to wait it out, luckily, I got my old phone back up after the update this AM. What a mess!

ash =o)
I got a black 16gb iphone (typing on it right now). I was 20th in line. ):

ashVID
Jul 11, 2008, 10:15 PM
Just showed, right at 10pm, still plenty of all models in stock. Looks like 15 minutes and I will have a white 16GB.

ash

robertdx
Jul 11, 2008, 11:14 PM
I got there around 3:30pm. I was in the store a little after 7pm. The Apple Rep that helped me was pretty awesome (we went to the same school together), but I think I screwed up because I meant to purchase a 16gig. Buying the phone and transferring my t-mobile number was very painless. I had plenty of opportunity to check to make sure I got the right phone but I never bothered to (my fault, totally).

The in store activation process seemed a little silly. I plugged it in, typed in my Apple ID, and it was over. I expected a little more. I was told it might take up to 6 hours for my number to transfer to AT&T, but it was about 30 seconds. I was making phone calls while I was looking at iPhone accessories.

Does anybody know if I totally screwed myself by getting the 8gig? If I'd like to upgrade to the 16gig later, is that at all possible? I'd really like to give Apple more money in exchange for more space... but I'm afraid I won't be able to.

EuphAple
Jul 12, 2008, 10:48 PM
I was 2nd in line at the Apple Store in WoodlanHills Mall. We waited 12 hours in line. I spent 3 hours inside the Apple Store trying to get a hold of AT&T why I couldnt get one and turns out my dad added a account discount just a few days ago. And Apple wont take it. So I'm back in Dallas now because Rocklahoma got canceled. I'm heading over to the store by my house in Southlake tomorrow to get one.

If anyone was there that saw a kid with bloodshot eyes (I wasnt the happiest camper... I was tired) and making friends with all the store employees.... that was me, haha.

Hope everyone else had fun!

PS. It was fun playing cat and mouse with the Mall Security out in the parking lot.

Cynicalone
Jun 18, 2009, 05:33 PM
Same place tomorrow. Apple Store Woodland Hills, this time they open at 7 a.m. I hope we can just buy the phone and go home to activate like the original iPhone launch in 07.

This is becoming my yearly tradition. :)

sgrizzle
Jun 18, 2009, 08:57 PM
Same place tomorrow. Apple Store Woodland Hills, this time they open at 7 a.m. I hope we can just buy the phone and go home to activate like the original iPhone launch in 07.

This is becoming my yearly tradition. :)

I'll be there!

I've done the pre-approval process online already. Hopefully that makes it easier as well. If you're looking for me, I'll be in a blue shirt aptly labeled "geek."

Maclver
Jun 18, 2009, 09:07 PM
I'll be there!

I've done the pre-approval process online already. Hopefully that makes it easier as well. If you're looking for me, I'll be in a blue shirt aptly labeled "geek."

Ill be at 15th and lewis!!! Pre-ordered at ATT!

sgrizzle
Jun 18, 2009, 09:10 PM
Ill be at 15th and lewis!!! Pre-ordered at ATT!

I was going to but didn't qualify for upgrade until today.

sgrizzle
Jun 19, 2009, 09:40 AM
Got my new iPhone - no preorder - at 7:15am.