PDA

View Full Version : Boise, ID

macrockbuddy
Jun 16, 2008, 08:07 AM
Anyone? Maybe if enough show up to one AT&T store it would give Apple some incentive to finally give us a devoted Apple Store! Anyone...?

HDiphone
Jun 16, 2008, 12:33 PM
Anyone? Maybe if enough show up to one AT&T store it would give Apple some incentive to finally give us a devoted Apple Store! Anyone...?

I'm game. I'm a post 5/27 purchaser so I think I have to go back to the same AT&T store to swap mine out, which in my case was the Milwaukee store.

tacomahunter
Jun 18, 2008, 08:47 PM
Yes... Why the most "Connected City" in the west does not have a real Apple store is beyond me... As I live near the Broadway store, who will be there?

rwestiv
Jul 7, 2008, 04:37 PM
My Store is on Milwaukee so I'll see you there.

I assume I'll be the only 6'6" 350 lb guy in a Hawaiian shirt.

What time do you thing people will start to line up? I've only seen two other people with an iphone thus far so I don't expect there is too much demand, but the people at the AT&T store seem to think it's going to get ugly early.

See you there.

GBA

bigandtasty
Jul 9, 2008, 01:32 AM
Was at launch day June 29th 2007 at Milwaukee store and met some really cool people. Didn't know when I showed up I would have to wait the 9 hours but it was an awesome experience and I will never forget tearing into the packaging of the original iPhone (kid at Christmas!)

I Will be at the AT&T on Milwaukee first thing Friday Morning. Still trying to decide on the upgrade from my v1 iPhone to v3G, but will be there to share in the fun and check it out up close (if I can get my hands on a display model!) to finally decide on upgrading. Chances are I am walking out with one. (as long as they have a white 16gb left for the taking!)

So glad MacLife isn't allowed to carry these (just lost their license to even carry ipods!), it would be a huge cluster f__ just like any average day trying to make a purchase in their unmanaged store.

Totally with you Mackrockbuddy on AAPL finally opening a store in Boise. Blows me away that they haven't yet and let us all be punished by MacLife and their role playing 7th level wizards! Not that it does any good (makes me feel better I guess!) but I have written several letters begging for a store and or trying to find out if/when it might happen. Just gotta keep our fingers crossed.

See you Friday morning at Milwaukee! :D

bigandtasty
Jul 9, 2008, 01:52 AM
What up Boise, just found this link that might be of interest:

http://www.ifoapplestore.com/stores/mall_list.html

Apple locates its retail stores mainly in existing malls operated by a handful of leasing companies. General Growth Properties Inc. which operates Boise Towne Square is among them.

Finger Crossed, Apple Store within the next year?:D Time will tell.

See you all Friday at Milwaukee :D

macrockbuddy
Jul 10, 2008, 04:19 PM
I wasn't around for the original iphone launch. but from what i hear its kind of a big deal around here. i wouldn't have guessed it. now i'm more concerned about getting my white 16 gig phone. i imagine those are going to be fairly scarce. think i might try nampa, figure they'll be less peeps there. oh and HERE HERE for an AAPL store w/i a year.

Beaumon
Jul 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
Hi Everyone.

I am from San Diego, and I am visiting my parents for the weekend. It is so strange not having an apple store. There are 2 close to me in SD. Hopefully you all will get one ASAP!

So, scrambling to figure out what to do tomorrow and where the stores are, I have found out some interesting information. Aparently one of the stores in Idaho only has 30 phones total. Thats 10 8gig, 10 16gig white and 10 16gig black.

From what I have read, the reason for this is to have more inventory in the Apple stores than the ATT stores. That works GREAT when there is an apple store!

I hope I am wrong and tomorrow we all can have phones, but this might be a really big bummer.

See you tomorrow.

macrockbuddy
Jul 10, 2008, 10:42 PM
Aparently one of the stores in Idaho only has 30 phones total. Thats 10 8gig, 10 16gig white and 10 16gig black.

which store? Broadway, Milwaukee, or Nampa? I NEED TO KNOW! Sorry, just really amp'd for the new iphone, i've put mine thru h*ll.

Beaumon
Jul 11, 2008, 07:13 AM
How is the Line?

Beaumon
Jul 11, 2008, 08:47 AM
Milwaukee store:

50 phones. Line has 75 people in it at 7:00am.

<3 AT$T

bigandtasty
Jul 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
Showed up this morning at Milwaukee store at 7:45am, pretty good line already. Got in line and stood there for 10 minutes until the Russian manager came out and walked along the line saying there was a total of 50 phones. When asked what they had in numbers of 16gb models or if they even had 16gb models he just kept doing the broken record gig "we have 50 phones", "we have 50 phones", "we have 50 phones". Don't know what the secret is little buddy, you open in less than 4 minutes and we are at the butt end of the line with probably no chance of acquiring one anyway.. What an idiot. He said if you don't get one today, go ahead and purchase one and we'll have it for you in 7-10 days.

It was at this time that I decided, I didn't need 3g today, so I came home and am installing 2.0 on my v1 iphone. Plenty of new stuff to play with today!

I predict the new iphone is going to be pretty scarce for a while, especially with 22 countries trying to get their ihands on them.

Peace.:cool: