PDA

View Full Version : Need advice about Xcode and Check box arrays

trey5498
Jun 16, 2008, 08:21 AM
I am writing a little advance GUI with multiple screens and the ability to select more than one item to install at a time (about 17 or any combo) I know how to code the inner workings of the install in shell script and I am quickly learning applescript.

What I need to know is 2 things (which I used to be able to do in VB 6.0 way back in the day).

First, is how do I set a Controlled array or matrix of Check boxes using Cocoa in Xcode 3.0? As I said I have 17 different check boxes and I need to monitor them so that once you check the check boxes and hit next it will then set it to an array. The next thing is after I do that, how do I display them on the window? I assume I use a for loop to display the output to a label or text box of some sorts. Xcode doesn't seem to have all the gadgets that VB does as far as being able to easily combine the check boxes to a group and then being able to display the select with ease. If they do, I don't know about them, which is why I am asking ;)

If there is a sample script that does something simpler to this, that would be great as well.

Thank you in advance.