Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lanervoza

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2007
I've been away from computer games for a lonnnnnng time now, but I've recently had a hankering to play some of my old favorites, namely Command and Conquer, Starcraft, Shadow Warrior and Duke Nukem.

I'm pretty sure this is a long shot, but any way I can get these to work on my MBP? I'm willing to accept a windows installation, but will these work even with XP? they're pretty old...

As you can tell, I don't know much about these things, so any help is appreciated.

I did note that there are box-sets of C&C available now, but I couldn't find good info on compatibility.

Thanks!
Alex

Cancelled
Jun 3, 2008
I ran most of those on my Windows machine but you have to do tweaks to get them working properly in some cases. I don't see why they wouldn't work with those tweaks on your Windows XP Boot Camp installation you plan on creating.

If there are Mac versions of those, I don't know anything about that.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
Starcraft should work... the other three, you'll most likely have to run Windows for.

Mattww

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
There are Mac OS X versions of Starcraft and Duke Nukem. Most Blizzard games are hybrid disks so your Starcraft CD should work - you need the OS X installer and latest patch. Check macupdate/version tracker or macgamefiles for these. The OS X Duke Nukem port I believe needs a Mac version CD.

There was a Mac version of Shadow Warrior but it was for OS 9. The engine was liberated but so far no one has released an OS X build. It is a similar story for the original Command and Conquer - it was released for OS 9.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.