PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis, IN (Keystone/AT&T)

aethelbert
Jun 16, 2008, 06:52 PM
I just found out that I've gotta come back to the states from the 8th to the 13th, so instead of getting one in Germany, I figure that I'll get one here as my company pays for almost any carrier worldwide. I'll probably get there about 1500 (assuming that it's the same as last year). Anyone else coming to Keystone on the 11th?

kvasir
Jun 16, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'm thinking about heading up to Keystone from the west side. I have a hard time justifying it though because I have an AT&T store within walking distance. There's also another AT&T store right down the road. Decisions, decisions.

The good news is I have the day off!

Chrispy
Jun 17, 2008, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking about heading up to Keystone from the west side. I have a hard time justifying it though because I have an AT&T store within walking distance. There's also another AT&T store right down the road. Decisions, decisions.

The good news is I have the day off!

I'm in the same boat as you kvasir. I have given it some thought but I have an AT&T store right down the road from me in Avon.

aethelbert
Jun 17, 2008, 02:18 PM
Well, I guess that it would also depend on the weather. I can't imagine that anyone would want to wait outside at an AT&T store if it's raining or 100. If they do the same thing that they've done for the Leopard and Tiger launches, you can get some Red Bull or soda along with however much candy you can eat if you go to the Apple store.

kvasir
Jun 17, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm in the same boat as you kvasir. I have given it some thought but I have an AT&T store right down the road from me in Avon.

I'm between Dan Jones and 267. If you don't want to go to the Apple Store, I'll hang with you at one of the AT&T stores here in Avon. I'd prefer the one in Avon vs. the one on Raceway.

Chrispy
Jun 17, 2008, 02:58 PM
I'm between Dan Jones and 267. If you don't want to go to the Apple Store, I'll hang with you at one of the AT&T stores here in Avon. I'd prefer the one in Avon vs. the one on Raceway.

Sounds like a plan. If I can get the time off I will take you up on that. I'm on Dan Jones just south of Rockville so I'm right by the Avon AT&T store (actually where I bought my first iPhone).

kvasir
Jun 17, 2008, 03:01 PM
Awesome. Did they have much of a line last year? I was out of town that day.

Chrispy
Jun 17, 2008, 03:21 PM
I actually waited a few months to the the plunge... I was trying to decide if I wanted to carry two phones (lack of Exchange support meant I needed a blackberry for work as well). Thankfully the days of having to carry two phones are almost over :)

Anyone who waited in Indy last year - how were the lines at AT&T stores around town and at the Apple store up at Keystone?

aethelbert
Jun 17, 2008, 04:43 PM
Anyone who waited in Indy last year - how were the lines at AT&T stores around town and at the Apple store up at Keystone?
I don't know about the AT&T stores, but at the Leopard launch, we had 325. I remember an employee making an announcement about how we had at least 100 more people than the iPhone launch in line at 17:55. So the line at Keystone was around 200 last June.

Chrispy
Jun 17, 2008, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the numbers akonradi! That would be the one thing that would tempt me to hit up the actual Apple store instead... the ambiance ;) Now if there are any Vayniacs who are going to be there count me in haha.

Formula1freak
Jun 18, 2008, 11:06 AM
Let me know what the plan is, whether it be keystone, or someplace else, but i am game for anything. I asked for the evening of the 10th and the whole day of the 11th off :D. I just moved to Carmel ( hate it >.> ) , i was living on the west side near Eagle Creek Park. I love the idea of going to the Apple store because of the nostalgic feel of it, or so i have been told. But I am up for AT&T as well. Just keep me updated!

IndianaiPhone
Jun 18, 2008, 01:06 PM
I live in Fort Wayne and there is an AT&T about 10 minutes away from me. I know the launch there would be extremely boring so I wanted to buy it at an Apple Store where it might be a little more exciting. But with gas the way it is I don't know if I'll be able to make it to keystone. :(

Formula1freak
Jun 18, 2008, 01:26 PM
I live in Fort Wayne and there is an AT&T about 10 minutes away from me. I know the launch there would be extremely boring so I wanted to buy it at an Apple Store where it might be a little more exciting. But with gas the way it is I don't know if I'll be able to make it to keystone. :(

Your not kidding, gas is killing everybody. I know how long and how much gas that drive uses up, i have friends in Huntington, Indiana. Are they offering it subsidized at the Apple store? or only at AT&T? because that might make or break my decision.

IndianaiPhone
Jun 18, 2008, 03:18 PM
Your not kidding, gas is killing everybody. I know how long and how much gas that drive uses up, i have friends in Huntington, Indiana. Are they offering it subsidized at the Apple store? or only at AT&T? because that might make or break my decision.

I'm pretty sure they are offering it subsidized at both AT&T and Apple.

Formula1freak
Jun 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
Good to know, I will go where the group wants to go, i prefer going to the apple store but I am up for anything :)

kvasir
Jun 19, 2008, 09:53 AM
I love the Eagle Creek area. We looked at houses up that way because of the access to Eagle Creek Park.

I guess we should all start factoring the price of gas into our purchase as well. In reality, Keystone is about 35-45 minutes away from my house depending on traffic. What time would people want to meet?

Formula1freak
Jun 19, 2008, 10:10 AM
I love the Eagle Creek area. We looked at houses up that way because of the access to Eagle Creek Park.

I guess we should all start factoring the price of gas into our purchase as well. In reality, Keystone is about 35-45 minutes away from my house depending on traffic. What time would people want to meet?

Gas really isn't an issue for me (if the apple store is chosen), i live less than 15min away from Keystone mall. The time we could meet is up to the rest of the group, i asked for the evening of the 10th, and all of the 11th off of work, so if i wanted i could potentially camp the night out @ the apple store :P. But like i stated I am up for anything!

aethelbert
Jun 19, 2008, 10:44 AM
Gas really isn't an issue for me (if the apple store is chosen), i live less than 15min away from Keystone mall. The time we could meet is up to the rest of the group, i asked for the evening of the 10th, and all of the 11th off of work, so if i wanted i could potentially camp the night out @ the apple store :P. But like i stated I am up for anything!
They might not let you camp out inside all night. The guy first in line for 10.5 had to settle with arriving at 0400. But I'm going to the Apple store no matter what, as it's the closest option and probably a better place to hang out. You can't argue with free food.

Formula1freak
Jun 19, 2008, 11:09 AM
They might not let you camp out inside all night. The guy first in line for 10.5 had to settle with arriving at 0400. But I'm going to the Apple store no matter what, as it's the closest option and probably a better place to hang out. You can't argue with free food. No you cant, i think you can count me in for going to the Apple store as well. What do you think would be a good time to meet?

aethelbert
Jun 19, 2008, 11:52 AM
No you cant, i think you can count me in for going to the Apple store as well. What do you think would be a good time to meet?
I'll probably get there around 3pm, maybe... I'll probably be going with a friend who is not a member of macrumors, though. I won't be able to buy the iPhone on launch day as I need it activated on T-Mobile or Swisscom for work, so I'll have to wait until the next week when I'm back on the other side of the pond. I'll certainly want to play with it, though.

Eidorian
Jun 19, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'm torn between the Apple Store or just going to Avon. :rolleyes:

fenixx
Jun 19, 2008, 11:28 PM
I don't know if I feel like waiting again for 6+ hours, then dealing with all the drama of purchasing it.

I'm wondering if I can waltz in around 10PM as people were reporting to do last year and buy a phone, sans wait.

Something tells me this year will be different though.

Chrispy
Jun 20, 2008, 05:07 PM
I'm torn between the Apple Store or just going to Avon. :rolleyes:

I hear ya!

kvasir
Jun 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
Should we just start a thread for Avon? :p

Count me as the third torn on what to do.

IndianaiPhone
Jun 21, 2008, 08:14 AM
Should we just start a thread for Avon? :p

Count me as the third torn on what to do.

I'm sorry but what is Avon?:confused:

Eidorian
Jun 21, 2008, 09:17 AM
I'm sorry but what is Avon?:confused:Do you use the Google (http://www.google.com/search?q=Avon%2C+IN)?

IndianaiPhone
Jun 21, 2008, 09:28 AM
Do you use the Google (http://www.google.com/search?q=Avon%2C+IN)?

There's an Apple Store there?

kvasir
Jun 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
No, we just have two AT&T stores. Avon is on the west side of Indy on US 36/Rockville Road.

Formula1freak
Jun 21, 2008, 03:36 PM
I have decided to go to the apple store because I just like the feel of it. :) if anybody is going to join me , let me know!

camarkco
Jun 25, 2008, 08:13 PM
Hi,

Is there anybody who will wait with me at 3:00AM on the 11th or earlier at the AT&T store at 9210 Rockville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46234?

I have a DC/AC converter box, extension cord, and power strip if I can park my car close enough.

Thanks,
Mark

Formula1freak
Jun 25, 2008, 09:43 PM
Over the past few days, and a good deal of thinking, i have decided to stay clear of the apple store. Even though I am sure it would be awesome to be there, I have decided to hit up my local AT&T store, which is less then 5minutes away, and all the people who work there, i know. I am talking about the one Across from Brebuf High School (86th & Willow Lake) I plan on camping out there, starting 10pm on the 10th :)

kvasir
Jun 25, 2008, 10:16 PM
Hi,

Is there anybody who will wait with me at 3:00AM on the 11th or earlier at the AT&T store at 9210 Rockville Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46234?

I have a DC/AC converter box, extension cord, and power strip if I can park my car close enough.

Thanks,
Mark

I was planning on going to the one that is near 267. It depends on what time it's released. If it's really 8 AM like they're saying, I'll do 3 or so with you. If it's 6 PM, I'll probably head over there after lunch. I'll keep you updated when we hear more about the launch!

Chrispy
Jun 25, 2008, 11:01 PM
I was planning on going to the one that is near 267. It depends on what time it's released. If it's really 8 AM like they're saying, I'll do 3 or so with you. If it's 6 PM, I'll probably head over there after lunch. I'll keep you updated when we hear more about the launch!

I was gonna hit the one closer to 267 on Rockville Rd. in Avon as well. Depending on the time I may join you two. Like Kvasir said, if it is a 6 PM launch I will probably hold off until around lunch.

camarkco
Jun 26, 2008, 01:47 PM
Over the past few days, and a good deal of thinking, i have decided to stay clear of the apple store. Even though I am sure it would be awesome to be there, I have decided to hit up my local AT&T store, which is less then 5minutes away, and all the people who work there, i know. I am talking about the one Across from Brebuf High School (86th & Willow Lake) I plan on camping out there, starting 10pm on the 10th :)

Hi,
Could I camp next to you, so that we can protect each other's place in line?

Thanks,
Mark

Formula1freak
Jun 26, 2008, 11:18 PM
Hi,
Could I camp next to you, so that we can protect each other's place in line?

Thanks,
Mark

Your more than welcome to. That would be awesome!:p

camarkco
Jun 27, 2008, 12:11 PM
Your more than welcome to. That would be awesome!:p

Hi, I decided on Carmel with Formula1freak, not Avon. My house is closer to Carmel than Avon, and Formula1freak knows the people at his store, that could be a big advantage, especially if the release time is moved to 6:00PM.

Mark

aethelbert
Jun 30, 2008, 11:18 PM
Hmmm... that might be a good idea, do you know how late Five Guys is open? That could make a late dinner.

Formula1freak
Jun 30, 2008, 11:34 PM
Hmmm... that might be a good idea, do you know how late Five Guys is open? That could make a late dinner.

They are open till 10pm, and there is a Pita Pit next to AT&T thats open till 11pm or midnight i think. Plus there is starbucks ;)

UnseenLlama
Jul 2, 2008, 01:47 PM
Going to the new ATT store in Hamilton Center (the new outdoor mall off of I-69 and 238). It's a mile north of my house. Can't beat that. Plus I was first in line last year before they moved it from Olio. Gotta keep my place in line. :o

michlc88
Jul 3, 2008, 12:41 AM
Going to the new ATT store in Hamilton Center (the new outdoor mall off of I-69 and 238). It's a mile north of my house. Can't beat that. Plus I was first in line last year before they moved it from Olio. Gotta keep my place in line. :o

how many people were at the att store last year on olio for the first iphone?
also, what time do you think you are going to go on the 11th. I'm torn between att at hamilton town center or the apple store. I know the apple store will be packed but they will most likely have more than any att store around indy.

UnseenLlama
Jul 3, 2008, 05:21 AM
how many people were at the att store last year on olio for the first iphone?
also, what time do you think you are going to go on the 11th. I'm torn between att at hamilton town center or the apple store. I know the apple store will be packed but they will most likely have more than any att store around indy.

there were about 30 people in line last year just before 6pm. They only had 24 total in stock between 4gb and 8gb phones.

I'm hoping this year they will have more stock. it's a bigger store in the new mall.

as for time, don't know yet. i live just off 116th and olio so distance isn't a problem. i might head over there around 4am. Pull out my chair and sleep until opening. :cool:

Chrispy
Jul 3, 2008, 06:29 PM
I'm going to bow out on this one. With the new plans I'm just not interested anymore. Have fun everyone! :)

kvasir
Jul 3, 2008, 06:36 PM
I'm going to bow out on this one. With the new plans I'm just not interested anymore. Have fun everyone! :)

Aww, sad day. I was looking forward to hanging with you.

jrcsh6
Jul 3, 2008, 09:59 PM
is apple doing the t-shirt promo's or anything like that? i thought there was something special up there last time. i think i'll be at at&t in avon by 267 at around 8. hard to say...i gotta get eligible first.

planning on borrowing a friends iphone this weekend, activating my current 3g sim card in his iphone as i bought it used which makes me a "user prior to july 11th" and then giving him his phone back. that way i have iphone service on my account and can get the subsidized price...hopefully it works as it has been discussed in a thread i started

wwjdjoe
Jul 6, 2008, 06:44 PM
Do you guys really think there will be long lines for this release? I can see it at the Apple store, but at the AT&T stores? This doesn't strike me as a major upgrade that will pull the response of a Leopard release. I'm guessing most of us will be able to get a 3G at an AT&T store all morning. Could be wrong, and if so, hopefully they will get a Saturday shipment like they did for the original iPhone.

Wiggidy
Jul 6, 2008, 08:22 PM
I'll be at the Keystone Apple store, and I'd be more than willing to start waiting at 0300! I requested the 10th and 11th off from work :) I'm guessing Apple has already made a ton of iPhone 3Gs since they stopped making the original months ago...but I'm so nervous I won't get one :(

aethelbert
Jul 6, 2008, 09:38 PM
I'll be at the Keystone Apple store, and I'd be more than willing to start waiting at 0300! I requested the 10th and 11th off from work :) I'm guessing Apple has already made a ton of iPhone 3Gs since they stopped making the original months ago...but I'm so nervous I won't get one :(
If you're planning to get there at 3, be prepared to sit outside for a while. Back in October when the guy got there at 4am, I'm pretty sure that he had to wait outside until someone actually let him in at a decent hour.

Wiggidy
Jul 7, 2008, 12:37 AM
I'm patient :D

wwjdjoe
Jul 7, 2008, 07:23 AM
I'll be at the Keystone Apple store, and I'd be more than willing to start waiting at 0300! ... I'm guessing Apple has already made a ton of iPhone 3Gs since they stopped making the original months ago...but I'm so nervous I won't get one :(

I still don't think you need to be nervous. For the original iPhone, they used Saturday deliveries to restock the AT&T stores, so if by some quirk of fate you don't get one Friday, I bet you'll get one Saturday.

Wiggidy
Jul 7, 2008, 10:55 AM
I still don't think you need to be nervous. For the original iPhone, they used Saturday deliveries to restock the AT&T stores, so if by some quirk of fate you don't get one Friday, I bet you'll get one Saturday.

I hope so! I'm really pumped; this is my first time camping out at the Apple Store:apple:

Formula1freak
Jul 7, 2008, 07:08 PM
Well I am pretty bummed, i was all excited to get my new iPhone 3G, but now i have to wait. I got in a car accident (I am alright thankfully), and i have to pay for damage done to the body of my car...so I'll have to sit it out for the moment :(

UnseenLlama
Jul 7, 2008, 07:09 PM
D@mn. So now MacRumors is saying that if you go to the Apple store and sign up for a new FamilyTalk plan, you will be required to buy two iphones...that's the exact situation I'm in. Want to buy the new one for my wife and for myself. The ATT iReady says only one per customer in line. I might have to head to the Apple store instead. :rolleyes:

UnseenLlama
Jul 7, 2008, 07:10 PM
Well I am pretty bummed, i was all excited to get my new iPhone 3G, but now i have to wait. I got in a car accident (I am alright thankfully), and i have to pay for damage done to the body of my car...so I'll have to sit it out for the moment :(

Glad you are okay.

xA4Hx
Jul 7, 2008, 09:40 PM
lol , I for pulled over issued a ticket last week for passing two people that going 10 miles under the speed limit. The other two cars should of got a ticket, I shouldnt of by going around people who are making a traffic hazard.

-illusion

wwjdjoe
Jul 8, 2008, 07:31 AM
D@mn. So now MacRumors is saying that if you go to the Apple store and sign up for a new FamilyTalk plan, you will be required to buy two iphones...that's the exact situation I'm in. Want to buy the new one for my wife and for myself. The ATT iReady says only one per customer in line. I might have to head to the Apple store instead. :rolleyes:

It sounds like it is different at the Apple store than at AT&T. I was at an AT&T store last week and he said it was easy to buy "regular" phone for my wife and an iPhone 3G for me and sign up for the FamilyTalk plan. That leads me to believe that those kind of options just aren't available at the Apple store, since they probably don't have the same POS software built to handle those situations. May be the same thing with corporate discounts.

Isn't the rule one phone per line per customer, rather than just one phone?

bradjward
Jul 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
I will be at the Keystone store. I have a friend flying in from Hartford, CT to join us, LOL.

Follow the journey at http://26dayswithoutaniphone.com

What time will you all be arriving?

xA4Hx
Jul 8, 2008, 09:39 PM
As far as I can tell, I am still on track to upgrading on Friday. I just havent decided where to upgrade. I have student discount so it might be safer for me to go to ATT store to insure that when i buy one that it can be done , if apple store cant help people with discounts it be a waste of time waiting in line.

-illusion

bradjward
Jul 8, 2008, 09:43 PM
Do you mean an educational discount? I am affiliated with Butler, but I thought discounts weren't available on the iPhone.

I did get a $25 off any 3G Phone postcard from AT&T that I have been holding on to. It says nothing about not being able to use it on an Apple or iPhone product. The only problem is, I would rather deal with the Apple employees instead of the typical AT&T idiot on launch day. That and I don't want to be upsold a bunch of crap accessories. Waste of time. :)

jrcsh6
Jul 8, 2008, 09:57 PM
so i think i'm going to get an old iphone. anyone have one they're selling? or know anyone selling one? i really want a 16gb but 8gb could do for the right price. i'd like to do it before the 11th in case i change my mind in the near future.

the thing that got me is i realized the iphone i'd really like, the one with more capacity, better camera, more evolved tech etc. will likely be out next year and if i buy now i really doubt i'll be eligible then for the "next iphone". the other thing is that at the end of the day the 3g is just faster and has gps. the other "improvements" are a bit petty i think....

all that said, very excited for everyone! I'll probably swing by avon or the apple store during the day to see the hoo plah :D

kvasir
Jul 8, 2008, 11:03 PM
You don't have to apply the service plan discount right away. You could pick up your phone at the Apple Store and swing in an AT&T store at your convenience at a later point. There's nothing that says you have to establish the discount at the time of service.

I'm pretty much set on going to the AT&T store in Avon. I haven't decided what time, but since I live less than a mile away, I find it hard to drive 30-40 minutes out of my way and another 30-40 minutes back. I'd love the experience of going to the Apple Store, but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

What time are you all setting up at Keystone?

BTW jrcsh6: I just sold my iPhone, I would have sold to you had I known a fellow MR member was looking in the local area!

jrcsh6
Jul 9, 2008, 12:06 AM
You don't have to apply the service plan discount right away. You could pick up your phone at the Apple Store and swing in an AT&T store at your convenience at a later point. There's nothing that says you have to establish the discount at the time of service.

I'm pretty much set on going to the AT&T store in Avon. I haven't decided what time, but since I live less than a mile away, I find it hard to drive 30-40 minutes out of my way and another 30-40 minutes back. I'd love the experience of going to the Apple Store, but who knows, maybe I'll change my mind.

What time are you all setting up at Keystone?

BTW jrcsh6: I just sold my iPhone, I would have sold to you had I known a fellow MR member was looking in the local area!

rub it in.... haha WHO ELSE HAS ONE?! :D

PatrickRolfsen
Jul 9, 2008, 10:56 AM
I've got a 4gb iPhone and I plan on picking up a 16 gig model at the Apple store @ keystone before i leave for Canada that day... im gonna be there early w00t w00t

heyp
Jul 9, 2008, 04:53 PM
anybody goin to the glendale mall at&t? i wonder if i could just cruise in later in the afternoon and pick one up

prpodium
Jul 9, 2008, 05:45 PM
If you're planning to get there at 3, be prepared to sit outside for a while. Back in October when the guy got there at 4am, I'm pretty sure that he had to wait outside until someone actually let him in at a decent hour.

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but I went over to the Apple Store today at lunch to ask a few questions about the release. As you can imagine, the employee hadn't been brought up to speed on all the details just yet. He said there would be a training session for the employees tonight or tomorrow night. However, he was able to confirm that the mall will be opening it's doors at 5am for those who plan on lining up early for the 8am opening of the store.

Hope this helps.

mac jones
Jul 9, 2008, 07:39 PM

Yes, that's great your ok.

Did you crash because someone was distracted?
Maybe on a cell?

xA4Hx
Jul 9, 2008, 09:43 PM
What I was referring to discount, it is on my primary line already and through college and someone said on the forums that apple cant activated phones with a discount on them due to they are business customers. Att store is closer to me , might hit them up first. I have an 16 gig iphone I have had since 03/08 , but a guy I know gets first crack at buying it. If he doesnt want it , I be more in happy to sell it to anyone in indianapolis.

-illusion

Formula1freak
Jul 9, 2008, 10:57 PM
Yes, that's great your ok.

Did you crash because someone was distracted?
Maybe on a cell?

Actually they were on their cell, it was a business man in some conference call. haha

aethelbert
Jul 9, 2008, 11:02 PM
I can't make it to the launch in the US tomorrow. I've gotta stay in Zurich so I'll just pick one up from Swisscom. The plans don't matter too much seeing as the company I work for has deals with pretty much every carrier in the world for unlimited global coverage stuff. So best of luck to all of you in Indianapolis and enjoy your new phones. Since the phone is an out of pocket expense (but the plans aren't), I actually get the 16GB for almost 100USD less, seeing as it's only 199chf. I can live with that.

LoganT
Jul 9, 2008, 11:56 PM
I'm picking one up on Saturday at Keystone AT&T.

rugas
Jul 10, 2008, 06:02 AM

I am a little late on getting into this forum and just I was about to reply to your original posting, I read this one. I am sorry to hear about your accident Formula1freak. I am planning on going to the AT&T store on 86th between Michigan and Township Line Rd. in the Willow Lake Shops too. Is anyone else (camarkco) still planning on going to this store?

I have to work in the morning but work very nearby just south of the Pyramids. I go into work at 4:30 AM and am currently planning on leaving work at regular intervals to check on the line. If someone wanted to get together, I could get into line at night and someone could meet me there around 4 AM. Then I could come back just before 8 AM and we could share in the prime position. Otherwise, I'm stuck trying to fight the line. And I don't wanna do that. I'd like to miss as little work as possible.

So hyped for the iPhone... Waited to get the 3G version... And I already know it's worth the wait...

camarkco
Jul 10, 2008, 08:06 AM
I am a little late on getting into this forum and just I was about to reply to your original posting, I read this one. I am sorry to hear about your accident Formula1freak. I am planning on going to the AT&T store on 86th between Michigan and Township Line Rd. in the Willow Lake Shops too. Is anyone else (camarkco) still planning on going to this store?

I have to work in the morning but work very nearby just south of the Pyramids. I go into work at 4:30 AM and am currently planning on leaving work at regular intervals to check on the line. If someone wanted to get together, I could get into line at night and someone could meet me there around 4 AM. Then I could come back just before 8 AM and we could share in the prime position. Otherwise, I'm stuck trying to fight the line. And I don't wanna do that. I'd like to miss as little work as possible.

So hyped for the iPhone... Waited to get the 3G version... And I already know it's worth the wait...

I like that plan. If there are multiple people in line at the time how will I know to find you at 4:00AM? I am 6'3" and have a ponytail.
http://www.meetup.com/members/331193/

indyrdc
Jul 10, 2008, 06:14 PM
Hello Everyone,

I have had this ****** ass blackberry pearl phone without a trackball for 1 year now and im elligible to upgrade. I plan on being there at around 4:30-5am. Do you think I will be able to get one that day? What time is everyone else going there? I hope to God I can get this phone, I really been stressed about this unreliable Crapberry phone.

Take it easy

-Robert

I wonder if there are people camped out now..

VoodooDaddy
Jul 10, 2008, 08:43 PM
Anyone from Anderson going? I dont have a car here but would split gas if I can catch a ride.

Michael73
Jun 18, 2009, 10:02 PM
I would love to be at the Apple store and after I heard that AT&T had sold out of their pre-orders, I swung by my local BestBuy in Westfield and pre-ordered a 32GB black one there. Actually, my wife and I are switching from T-Mobile and signed up for a family plan. I got all the paper work done yesterday and got my wife's free LG Vu too. Now all I need is to pick up my iPhone tomorrow and have the numbered ported and added to the new AT&T account.

BTW, assuming accessories for the 3G S are the same as the ones for the 3G, I loaded up on a bunch of them since it seemed that BB had only 1 or 2 of most stuff, at best. I figure that I can always return them if I don't want or need them. Speaking of accessories, does anyone know if the screen protectors that BB sells are better or worse than the "official" ones sold at the apple store?

solarguy17
Jun 18, 2009, 10:20 PM
Speaking of accessories, does anyone know if the screen protectors that BB sells are better or worse than the "official" ones sold at the apple store?

you know i dont know about using the screen protectors becuase it owers the resolution of the screen by blurring it. and unless you are shoving this thing in you purse with keys or something, it probably isnt needed.

i have had a touch for almost 2 years and I got an extremly small scratch by sticking my ipod in the same pocket as my keys(home/car) and then riding my motorcycle for a while. it shoved the ipod up against the keys and barely scratched at all, it was only noticible becuase i realized what i did so I looked extremly closely.

im am getting a new iphone and i am not planning on a screen protector.

I am picking up my phone (32 white) at the US 52 ATT store in West lafayette near Purdue. GO BOILERMAKERS!!

Michael73
Jun 19, 2009, 08:41 AM
I hope all you guys who waited it out at Keystone are enjoying your new iPhones :D

When I pre-ordered mine at BB they said while they'll have them for the store's opening at 10am, all pre-orders were being assigned an "appointment time" to avoid any kind of morning rush / madness at the store. Since I pre-ordered at 2:03pm on Wednesday, they gave me an appointment time of 2:03pm today for pickup. Based on pictures circulating this morning, BB went a little overboard IMHO. Anyway, I'll be a happy camper by mid-afternoon ;)

After 2 years of waiting to take the plunge, a couple of hours more isn't going to kill me!

Christopher387A
Jun 24, 2009, 02:50 PM
Nevermind, found one at Best Buy. :)

mirsrause
Oct 16, 2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks so much for sharing the post.

Dorothy Ann
Oct 23, 2009, 10:19 AM
Want to email with other users and learn more.

BrownManUPS
Jun 7, 2010, 03:18 PM
This is my usual destination as I live not too far from there. Maybe I'll see you folks there (though if it is at 8am, not a chance).

I'll probably head up after lunch if the launch is at 5pm like traditionally. Though with pre-ordering I may just order it online to save the wait -- usually Apple is good about shipping right on the day.

Formula1freak
Jun 8, 2010, 08:55 PM
This is my usual destination as I live not too far from there. Maybe I'll see you folks there (though if it is at 8am, not a chance).

I'll probably head up after lunch if the launch is at 5pm like traditionally. Though with pre-ordering I may just order it online to save the wait -- usually Apple is good about shipping right on the day.

I am the same way if its in the late afternoon i will probably be there :P but no chance if its in the morning, i cant get off work.