PDA

View Full Version : "The Longest Line" - Opening day at the Apple Store in Gin...

MacBytes
Dec 5, 2003, 01:44 PM
Category: Videos
Link: "The Longest Line" - Opening day at the Apple Store in Ginza, Tokyo in Japan (http://www.macworld.co.uk/news/main_news.cfm?NewsID=7435)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

ddbean
Dec 5, 2003, 02:21 PM
What a great sight.

Does anyone know how many actually got into the store vs how many were left in line?

Go Apple

Mr.Hey
Dec 5, 2003, 06:23 PM
Only the mole people underneath Apple Headquarters knows that bit of information.

TomSmithMacEd
Dec 5, 2003, 07:06 PM
That is so many people, and such a boring video. I did watch the whole thing. I like how he gets in line at the end of it all. I'm a huge mac fan, but I don't think I'd ever do that.

theipodgod16
Dec 6, 2003, 12:57 AM
extremly boring movie, but its something you would never see at a new gateway or dell store opening (does a dell store even exist??)

matthew24
Dec 6, 2003, 04:54 AM
There must be something special about Apple... ;)

simX
Dec 7, 2003, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by ddbean
What a great sight.

Does anyone know how many actually got into the store vs how many were left in line?

Go Apple

Um... at ALL Apple Store openings, everybody gets into the store. There have been numerous times (like the Jaguar party at the Apple Store Palo Alto) where the Apple Store employees kept the store open past the written hours for the event because there were so many people standing in line.

I don't think that the Apple Store Ginza would be any different.

TeknoTurd
Dec 7, 2003, 03:14 AM
Wow! I hope the Apple Store in San Francisco has a good turnout. Anyone else gonna be with me waiting in line early that morning?

theipodgod16
Dec 7, 2003, 07:41 PM
I WILL! (When is it opening, exactly?)

TeknoTurd
Dec 7, 2003, 08:25 PM
Wish I could remember, I'm pretty sure its not before February, but I could be wrong? I'd say keep checking www.applestoreusergroup.com and www.ifoapplestore.com periodically. It shouldn't be hard to miss any upcoming new on any of the decent Mac related websites because this is one of the flagship stores, so it's going to be a big deal.