Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Anyone pick up Grid? I was wondering how big a part is drifting in the game? I don't like drifting and if plays a large role in the game, I may have to pass. But if it is only a small part and you're still able to play the game without doing the drifting parts, I'm planning on picking this game up.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I'm not so sure myself, but you might get more info by reading or watching online reviews. But why don't you like drifting in video games? It is usually pretty easy to do, man I remember being able to nail multi hundredthousand point combos in Underground 2 :D

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
I'm not so sure myself, but you might get more info by reading or watching online reviews. But why don't you like drifting in video games? It is usually pretty easy to do, man I remember being able to nail multi hundredthousand point combos in Underground 2 :D
I've looked and really can't get a good answer. It appears that it is only a small part of the game, though.

I don't know, I've just never really liked drifting. In most games it's not even racing. It's just you trying to rack up as many points as possible. I'd rather do a regular race.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Drifting isn't a major part of the game as like nfs:pro street. Yeah its got drifting tracks but they are more akin to PGR racing. It doesn't feel overdone IMHO.

I really like the game, it is really deserving of good sales, which I hope it gets.

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 1, 2005
Drifting isn't a major part of the game as like nfs:pro street. Yeah its got drifting tracks but they are more akin to PGR racing. It doesn't feel overdone IMHO.

I really like the game, it is really deserving of good sales, which I hope it gets.
Thanks. Now I'll just have to wait until winter when it's out here in Japan. But supposedly it's being bundled with DiRT. Two games for one! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.