Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
So last Friday I intended to get myself down to the new Apple Store and pick up a macbook and a shinny new touch for my sister, who happens to be in university. Sadly she was on a remote island and I was going to visit her the next day. This laptop was quite important so she could register for university next year, and just needed a laptop in general. I brought her student Id and my Id to verify that I was her sibling. I walked in there and pretty much dropped dead. The store was gorgeous, there were staff members for everyone pretty much. No Offense to anyone, but they weren't Iranian future shop lady's polishing their fingers and trying to stick their # on your item. Long story short, they told me my sister had to be here to obtain the student discount. Well F*** that, she was on a remote island. I had all the ID to prove that I was the real deal. The online store doesn't even verify anything. Our only choice was to order online. So I went home and tried to order it online for the next time I go up to visit her. The credit card apparently didn't like apple so it was declined after 5 hours every time we put an order in. Only choice was to bring her down for a day, which was very inconvenient.

She had never been to a apple store, and when she walked in she also fell in love with the store. I tell you the way we were treated made up for everything that happened before. THEY DON"T HAVE ANY CASHIERS! You are with one person the whole time. They pull out their little hand held when your ready to bankrupt yourself. They also send you a copy of your receipt VIA email. :) We were in and out in ten minutes with great service. Two thumbs up for Apple.

Btw, If I offended anyone I'm sorry, don't go flaming me. It's just my two cents.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
What type of CC were you using online? I am surprised that it happened multiple times. Did you call your CC company?

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
What type of CC were you using online? I am surprised that it happened multiple times. Did you call your CC company?

MasterCard. We tried it three times, but stopped after that because I don't want them flagging our information and getting a bad rep.

brn2ski00

macrumors 68020
Aug 16, 2007
MA
MasterCard. We tried it three times, but stopped after that because I don't want them flagging our information and getting a bad rep.

Thats odd, but I bet it had to do with a large purchase being posted to your CC. The first time I ever bought a big ticket Apple item was my Powerbook G4 back in 2004. I remember that Mastercard company calling me and asking me if the purchase was ok; I said yes and it went through.

Bwilky

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 7, 2008
Thats odd, but I bet it had to do with a large purchase being posted to your CC. The first time I ever bought a big ticket Apple item was my Powerbook G4 back in 2004. I remember that Mastercard company calling me and asking me if the purchase was ok; I said yes and it went through.

The credit card can handle big orders. We ordered two dell inspiron 1525 laptops a week prior. We returned one for the macbook. But it worked in the store which was odd. But I'm glad it worked out that way. Got everything faster, and I can't wait for things. It kills me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.