Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brianmacc50

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I have an idea for putting myself into an old movie for a funny youtube idea and have a question. I have the quicktime movie that I want to drop myself into and have PhotoShop CS3 which will let me bring in video layers so that I can compose the movie.
Question is: What's the best way to mack the video of my self so that I ca work with it-so put the 2 different movies together.
Its sort of an Enrie Kovaks-old televisio look to it, so if it looks a bit
shacky, that will be OK.
Thanks.

brianmacc

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
does photoshop CS3 have green screen capabilities. You might need more professional software.

P-Worm

macrumors 68020
Jul 16, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
If you're going to do this with Photoshop, you will have to do it frame by frame. I think getting some different software would be your best bet.

P-Worm

AviationFan

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Photoshop CS3 Extended has the concept of video layers, which might make this possible. I've never tried to use them for keying, though - would certainly use different software for this purpose.

- Martin

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
I wouldn't even think of using Photoshop for this. There are so many other programmes out there to do a decent job of it.

Final Cut Pro, Shake, Final Cut Express... there's even an iMovie plugin....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.