Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MicahFreak82

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2007
Honolulu, Hawaii
does anyone out there have the old school intel core duo chips in there macbooks. does that still work for you or have you gotten a new macbook already? not being able to use n-wireless is killing me.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I've got a 1st-generation MacBook Pro. I ordered it the day they were announced so it's a really early one. It still does fine for me.

kvasir

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
I've got a 1st-generation MacBook Pro. I ordered it the day they were announced so it's a really early one. It still does fine for me.

I'm going to concur here. I have a 1.83 CD MBP and it works just fine for me. I'll agree the new C2Ds are awesome, but I don't see much of a speed difference to justify paying for a new computer.

The N wireless isn't a big deal for me. N really only matters when you are moving big files around on a LAN. Your internet connection isn't fast enough to warrant upgrading simply because you want a faster wireless connection!

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I had a MacBook with a 2.0GHz Core Duo and it worked fine. I sold it to a friend who needed a new machine (his G3 iMac failed) and bought a new MacBook Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.