Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
What happens if you buy a computer on eBay and then the seller totally disappears after payment?

I want to buy this iMac (it ends in 15 min so I hope a response comes quick), but the seller has no feedback, he has weird stats on the computer that contradict one another, but he says it willl be shipped within 48 hours of purchase.

Usually fraudulant sellers have long shipping delays.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2769483107&category=4603

that is the item.

thanks,
scem0

scem0

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
yeah. I was sooooooo close to buying it.

But I'm half glad I didn't.

But what if the person who bought just got a 1GHz/1.5GB/17" iMac monster? I guess that is their risk. If they come out on the good side then they are VERY lucky.

scem0

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Originally posted by scem0
yeah. I was sooooooo close to buying it.

But I'm half glad I didn't.

But what if the person who bought just got a 1GHz/1.5GB/17" iMac monster? I guess that is their risk. If they come out on the good side then they are VERY lucky.

scem0
Doubtful it's real, since you remember how many people want to crack open a iMac to swap a 256MB DIMM for a 512MB/1GB DIMM until the warranty runs out.

Of course if he did it himself, do you really want to buy it from somebody selling the machine so cheap.

Yay thermal shutdown from a noid who forgot to redo all the thermal pipes/pads.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
it's not hard to spot scams like these. wonder why people have so much trouble with it? they know it's a scam, but want to bid anyway...

pnw

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.