PDA

View Full Version : Westfield Apple Store Tukwilla, WA (Southcenter) - In Line Now!!!!!!!!

agirton
Jun 17, 2008, 03:50 PM
I was first in line for the last one, and hope to be up near the front for this one. It was a fun time to hang out and read the east coast feeds together as we waited for the release on the West Coast. Who's in with me?

note235
Jun 23, 2008, 01:24 PM
maybe, I could try and get there.

taylorwilsdon
Jun 25, 2008, 12:50 AM
I didn't even know there was an Apple store at Southcenter. If the lines are going to be shorter, I might make the trek. U-Village is a zoo.

agirton
Jun 25, 2008, 05:52 PM
I didn't even know there was an Apple store at Southcenter. If the lines are going to be shorter, I might make the trek. U-Village is a zoo.

The line for the original iphone went way out the door and down the parking lot, but it didn't really start growing till 1 or 2 pm.

agirton
Jul 1, 2008, 03:31 PM
I spoke with the store and they do not have any details yet even though AT&T has said it will be an 800am launch. I will post as soon as I know the Apple Stores launch details. She is supposed to call me.

JakeCarter
Jul 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
Hey, I'm interested in meeting up. What time are you guys planing on being there?

:// Jake

agirton
Jul 7, 2008, 10:47 AM
Hey, I'm interested in meeting up. What time are you guys planing on being there?

Not sure yet, waiting to hear the details from my business contact at the store. What time were you thinking?

agirton
Jul 7, 2008, 08:16 PM
OK, so I got confirmation on the 8am time from the store. What time you guys wanna go? Midnight?

JakeCarter
Jul 7, 2008, 11:11 PM
OK, so I got confirmation on the 8am time from the store. What time you guys wanna go? Midnight?

Damn, I don't think I'm hardcore enough. I was thinking 4am earliest. I do have to work that day.

minik
Jul 8, 2008, 12:01 AM

Interestingly, there is no other mentioning of the U. Village store under the Meetups section.

I waited in-line at the Bellevue Square store last year. I heard the Alderwood Mall is going to be less crowded.

gkorsgard
Jul 9, 2008, 12:00 AM
I am trying Southcenter this year. I was number one at U. Village after waiting for 28 hours. I am not doing that again. This year about 6am.

What do you guys think?

agirton
Jul 9, 2008, 12:48 AM
I am trying Southcenter this year. I was number one at U. Village after waiting for 28 hours. I am not doing that again. This year about 6am.

What do you guys think?

Thats what I was thinking. Maybe a bit earlier just to be sure an early riser doesn't swing by with 200 people in tow, hehe.

gkorsgard
Jul 10, 2008, 12:03 AM
Thats what I was thinking. Maybe a bit earlier just to be sure an early riser doesn't swing by with 200 people in tow, hehe.

See you there. Name is Greg
:o

agirton
Jul 10, 2008, 03:10 PM
OK, so long story short I got bored. I was at a client of mine that is near the mall and about to head home for the day. Then I figured, oh well, I'm just gonna go home and read macforums all night anyway so I might as well do it on Apples Wireless. So I am here with 18 hours and 52 mins till I get my new iphone 3g. Yeah I know I am crazy. I have another buddy coming down in a few hours that is camping out too. So come down, come early lets have a party!!!!!

agirton
Jul 10, 2008, 11:22 PM
Well, sorry that I will not be outside all night, but my friend Robb and I are spending the night inside the Apple Store. Thats right you heard me.... INSIDE THE FREEKIN STORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will take some pics and post in a bit. See yall in the morning.

Edit: well it was short lived. The manager got vetoed were back outside.

platbr
Jul 11, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'd like to be there first thing in the morning, but seeing as I'm still at work writing a goddamn brief, due tomorrow, I'm thinking I better get this done first. Post here when you leave the store, and tell us how long the line gets. I'm thinking of coming maybe 10:30 AM or 11:00 AM? First people cleared out? Line shorter? I'm hoping they won't run out -- like they didn't last year.

kitna3
Jul 11, 2008, 01:09 AM
how many people in line there so far?

agirton
Jul 11, 2008, 02:10 AM
how many people in line there so far?

5 so far.

kitna3
Jul 11, 2008, 02:13 AM
thanks man, any updates would be appreciated...

note235
Jul 11, 2008, 08:40 AM
Won't be there until 6pm so I would love to know how many people were in line, thanks.

platbr
Jul 11, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm still up in Seattle. Just drove by the AT&T store on Capitol Hill and there were ~40 people in line outside. Struck me as a pretty short line, actually, for just 1.5 hours before launch. I'm still planning to head to Southcenter, though. More phones at the Apple store, and the two AT&T stores in the area.

Thanks for keeping us posted. I'm most curious to know how the line grows or shrinks after 8 am (i.e. growing because interested mall sheep decide to join in the iphone madness).

agirton
Jul 11, 2008, 08:57 AM
Over 60 as of now.

platbr
Jul 11, 2008, 08:58 AM
Over 60 as of now.

Thanks.

agirton
Jul 11, 2008, 09:27 AM
Well over 100 now, and over 30 at the AT&T kiosk in the mall.

platbr
Jul 11, 2008, 11:37 AM
??? I heard they had some "issues" for the first few people? Line getting longer? Shorter? How many people?

Smakian
Jul 11, 2008, 12:01 PM
??? I heard they had some "issues" for the first few people? Line getting longer? Shorter? How many people?

I was third in line right behind agirton's party, and it took me a good 40 minutes to get out of the store. There was much trouble connecting to the server to set up my account, and then they couldn't get the phone activated. I can't get it working at home yet either, so I think servers are overloaded across the board. The line was insane as I was walking out; can only imagine what it looks like now.

platbr
Jul 11, 2008, 12:05 PM
I was third in line right behind agirton's party, and it took me a good 40 minutes to get out of the store. There was much trouble connecting to the server to set up my account, and then they couldn't get the phone activated. I can't get it working at home yet either, so I think servers are overloaded across the board. The line was insane as I was walking out; can only imagine what it looks like now.

Sounds like rather than moving through the line, the line is just getting longer. I think I'll be waiting... Thanks for the update.

westkoast
Jul 11, 2008, 01:40 PM
i just came from southcenter. i guess the reason why its taking so long besides the server stuff, is that they initially were telling people in line that if they were on the account as a authorized user they would be okay. then once people got to the front (myself included) were told that it wouldnt work and you had to be the person whos name appears on the account.

a friend from at&t also told me apple stores dont really have access to account information like they do so thats why apple stores have been turning people away since they cant "verify" who the person is trying to buy the phone.

im still a little brittle, got there at 7 and didnt even get one.

what really sucks, is that they werent really tellin people in line this stuff.

ubersalad
Jul 11, 2008, 02:00 PM
i just came from southcenter. i guess the reason why its taking so long besides the server stuff, is that they initially were telling people in line that if they were on the account as a authorized user they would be okay. then once people got to the front (myself included) were told that it wouldnt work and you had to be the person whos name appears on the account.

a friend from at&t also told me apple stores dont really have access to account information like they do so thats why apple stores have been turning people away since they cant "verify" who the person is trying to buy the phone.

im still a little brittle, got there at 7 and didnt even get one.

what really sucks, is that they werent really tellin people in line this stuff.

7 and you're complaining? There were people that showed up in Redmond at 5:30 that didn't get it.

platbr
Jul 12, 2008, 12:37 AM
Left for Southcenter around 10:30 AM, got in line, and got in the store around 4:30 PM. My boss went with me, and it was a good group in line. Long wait, but the problem is AT&T trying to turn the Apple Store into a mass credit approving, phone plan understanding, sales team. Even the genius bar can't figure out why certain details don't work with this plan, or that plan. A regular train wreck. Kudos to the Apple Store folks with the cookies, the free water, and the cheerful attitude. When I got there after 6.5 hours, it didn't work at first. There wasn't a hint of sending me off without a phone. They worked with me until we took off the "FAN" number from my employer (hint: dial 611 and get rid of the FAN No... doesn't work with iPhone anyway).

Overall, pretty cool. Got an 8 gig and a 16 gig. They still have TONS left at that store, too. They are processing so slow, they said they'd probably still have them on Sunday.

plasterman
Jul 12, 2008, 12:42 AM
I couldn't make it out today, and by the time I got out of work it was WAY too late. Thinking about heading out tomorrow morning to get in line (if there is one) at Southcenter. Anyone know where the line will start when the mall is closed? Thanks for the help.

note235
Jul 12, 2008, 02:11 AM
So at the southcenter Apple store in Washington I went in line at 6:50 pm.
After waiting for 5 hours the whole room (almost packed) was told that they cannot process the orders and we would be given either a free case or $15 itunes giftcard tomorrow when you come in and get our reserved phones.
This was at 11:15.

Thank you.

laylo
Jul 12, 2008, 03:20 AM
anyone going to southcenter saturday morning????

michaelsaxon
Jul 12, 2008, 06:09 PM
I went yesterday and turned around when I saw the line. Anyone have any idea what things look like now? Inventory?

About an hour drive for me. Thanks!

michaelsaxon
Jul 13, 2008, 10:19 AM
They were sold out! Had a nice dinner in the area though!

agirton
Jun 9, 2009, 08:01 PM
Anyone from last years group going other than me?

agirton
Jun 18, 2010, 02:12 PM
Who's goin?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=10200036#post10200036