PDA

View Full Version : Westchester Mall, White Plains, NY

surheeho
Jun 17, 2008, 04:18 PM
Anyone gonna be at the Apple Store in the Westchester this year for the launch? I'll be there!

GooGleit15
Jul 6, 2008, 06:44 PM
I plan on being at the Scarsdale ATT store and if they sell out ull being seeing me!

surheeho
Jul 8, 2008, 11:48 PM
anyone else?

grimslade
Jul 14, 2008, 02:49 PM
Anyone try the Westchester Apple Store today?

Espo
Jun 11, 2010, 10:02 AM
I'll be there for the iPhone 4 launch!

Anyone have any idea when the lines will start?

og3og
Jun 17, 2010, 11:36 PM
I will be going to the Westchester also. I called the mall to find out what time they will open the doors to allow the line to start and was told to call the Apple store. Called the Apple store and they said around 5am.

Espo
Jun 17, 2010, 11:57 PM
I will be going to the Westchester also. I called the mall to find out what time they will open the doors to allow the line to start and was told to call the Apple store. Called the Apple store and they said around 5am.

So basically, no reason to go b4 5 am? Or would it still be wise to go earlier?

dougbrowne
Jun 18, 2010, 11:27 AM
I'll be at the Apple Store in The Westchester on launch day around 5AM to pick up my reserved iPhone 4! See you all there :D

Also @Espo, if you don't have a reservation then yes get there the night before. It can get busy.

At the original iPhone launch at 6PM I got to the store at 1PM and was #176 in line.

og3og
Jun 18, 2010, 11:30 AM
Just called the store back, they said the mall hasn't announced what time they will open. The employee said last year they opened 3 hours early to let people in line so he said maybe around 4am. He said call them or the mall back closer to the release date.

Espo
Jun 18, 2010, 12:07 PM
Just called the store back, they said the mall hasn't announced what time they will open. The employee said last year they opened 3 hours early to let people in line so he said maybe around 4am. He said call them or the mall back closer to the release date.

Thanks. I called the Apple Store also, and they didn't know when the mall would open. I called the mall management Office, but no one picked up the phone.

jldreyer
Jun 18, 2010, 09:40 PM
I'll be at the Westchester probably sometime around 5:30-6am. Also, just a reminder, make sure to have a printout of your confirmation email. See you all there.

JeffJ91
Jun 18, 2010, 11:01 PM
1. Do you guys think there's a point of me lining up if I didn't reserve it?
2. Do you guys think the white iPhone will be released on the day of for purchase?

dolphindolphin
Jun 18, 2010, 11:35 PM
I would go, but I'm having it shipped. Definitely find out what time they are opening the mall.

Espo
Jun 19, 2010, 12:56 AM
1. Do you guys think there's a point of me lining up if I didn't reserve it?
2. Do you guys think the white iPhone will be released on the day of for purchase?

1. Yes, depending on the time you get there. Early, yes. 7am, no.
2. This is what I'm doing. Apple stores should get shipment by Wednesday & they should have an invoice of white or black. So I will call & ask. If they do, I'll be there @ 12am.

map1978
Jun 19, 2010, 01:48 AM
dude the westchester has had iphones every year for the past 3 years all the way up to the weekend

get there for 6am and youll have yourself a phone

Espo
Jun 19, 2010, 07:13 AM
dude the westchester has had iphones every year for the past 3 years all the way up to the weekend

get there for 6am and youll have yourself a phone

You think? Even considering how popular this new iPhone is?

Idk how popular the Westchester Apple store is.

map1978
Jun 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
You think? Even considering how popular this new iPhone is?

Idk how popular the Westchester Apple store is.

it wont make a difference because dont forget you might see less people than you think because of the Verizon iPhone rumors. Lots of people are waiting.

the westchester every year has had iphones up to sunday

im sure they will plenty of first come stock

ill be there for 6am just so i can grab a phone sooner than later :D

myfoneisdank
Jun 20, 2010, 02:40 AM
i preordered from ATT to ship to my house, but after I activate it ill be on the way to the bestchester mall for my white bumper!

btw do you guys think they'll have white bumpers on launch day or should i not even waste my time?

og3og
Jun 21, 2010, 05:11 PM
Just called the mall and they said they will open the doors at 6:30 am to start letting people in.

Espo
Jun 21, 2010, 11:00 PM
Just called the mall and they said they will open the doors at 6:30 am to start letting people in.

I called also and was told that there would be security there to make sure everything runs smoothly. They also told me that u can't camp out in the mall. THe guy at the management office told me that u also can't block the parking lot, so IDK if that means the parking lots will be open or not...

og3og
Jun 22, 2010, 01:39 PM
One more new time, left a comment on The Westchester's facebook page and they replied that the mall will now open at 6am.

badsetup
Jun 22, 2010, 09:34 PM
I am planning on being there pretty early as I don't have a pre-order for the black phone. I'm still not sold on the black.

I'm still hopeful they will have the white iPhone. If they don't have the white I may just go back home to bed, not sure yet.

I'll be watching Shutter Island on my iPad.

Espo
Jun 22, 2010, 10:49 PM
I am planning on being there pretty early as I don't have a pre-order for the black phone. I'm still not sold on the black.

I'm still hopeful they will have the white iPhone. If they don't have the white I may just go back home to bed, not sure yet.

I'll be watching Shutter Island on my iPad.

Same... except no ipad for me.

jtp098
Jun 22, 2010, 10:58 PM
Crazy. yea they said they would have two lines.. i was actually in there pre-ordering my iphone online the other week.. after being annoyed about it not working. the employees were pissed to cause they wanted to pre-order and couldn't lol. I don't mind getting up and making a donut and coffee fun for you all. As long as i don't work i'll let you all know on thursday afternoon

Espo
Jun 22, 2010, 11:03 PM
Crazy. yea they said they would have two lines.. i was actually in there pre-ordering my iphone online the other week.. after being annoyed about it not working. the employees were pissed to cause they wanted to pre-order and couldn't lol. I don't mind getting up and making a donut and coffee fun for you all. As long as i don't work i'll let you all know on thursday afternoon

Thursday afternoon might be a wee-bit too late my friend.. lol:p

Im just hoping that they have white, if not.. :mad:

jtp098
Jun 22, 2010, 11:28 PM
Thursday afternoon might be a wee-bit too late my friend.. lol:p

Im just hoping that they have white, if not.. :mad:

haha your right!!! my bad.. sorry guys/gals no donuts then i am still in the dominican republic on vacation.. i forgot about that.. i won't be back till thursday at 10 then i gotta run to work and then the city then to the post office ;). well i wish you all luck! I wish i could be there with you all

jtp098
Jun 22, 2010, 11:32 PM
stil we should have a white plains macrumors meet up sometime.. no one ever wants to talk apple with me.. only my dentist and i sure don't want to see him that much haha

Lowet
Jun 23, 2010, 07:51 AM
I will probably be there. I was planning on getting there at around 4:30 maybe 5. If they don't open the doors until 6 does that mean there wont be a line until 6? I'm confused. I don't want there to be a mad dash to the apple store once they open the doors. If that's the case i might try my luck at the palisades, since that it's open 24/7

HarryWorksInc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:39 AM
If they do, I'll be there @ 12am. The mall wont let people in between 9:00PM and 6:30AM.

HarryWorksInc
Jun 23, 2010, 08:47 AM
If that's the case i might try my luck at the palisades, since that it's open 24/7 I went their for the iPhone 3G launch the apple store lines were HUGE i got there at 5AM and their were 400 people in front of me literally the apple store there got a shipment of 400 iPhones and sold out but it looked like not too many of them camped out so you might have a chance if you get their at like 2 or 3.

HarryWorksInc
Jun 23, 2010, 09:15 AM
Anybody know what time the store opens to non-pre-ordering people?

Chris S
Jun 23, 2010, 10:50 AM
I'll try to be there by 4, maybe 4:15. To avoid mad dashes to the store once the doors open, does anybody know if you'll be able to wait outside the doors on Westchester ave. or in the parking lot? I'd hate to see those two groups collide. Then again, it might be funny. Either way, I'm there.

badsetup
Jun 23, 2010, 02:55 PM
I just spoke to the general office in the mall and here is the scoop.

All mall doors will open at 6am to start letting people in.

After I spoke to him I remembered I should have asked about the parking. I wondered if you can just go in and park and wait by a door. If that's the case I'm heading up to the upper level where the apple store is and wait there until 6am.

Good luck. :D

Lowet
Jun 23, 2010, 03:50 PM
I went their for the iPhone 3G launch the apple store lines were HUGE i got there at 5AM and their were 400 people in front of me literally the apple store there got a shipment of 400 iPhones and sold out but it looked like not too many of them camped out so you might have a chance if you get their at like 2 or 3.

Thanks for the tip, maybe I'll save my five dollars on that toll than, haha.

Looks like I'll be there around 4:15. I'll need to figure out exactly which door is closest to the apple store.

HarryWorksInc
Jun 23, 2010, 05:18 PM
Ill be camping out im going within an hour :)

jldreyer
Jun 23, 2010, 05:53 PM
Just got an email from the Westchester manager, "The doors will open at 6 AM which means that the parking will be open at that time too. You can't camp out there, as the mall won't allow you to stay there over night."

The White iPhone will not be available until second part of July, and that is a direct quote from an Apple press release that was released today.

Hope this clarifies things for everyone. See you all there.

notsam
Jun 23, 2010, 05:57 PM
I probably won't be able to get there until around 4:30pm. Thank God I reserved

pflau
Jun 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
For those of you who don't know, parking is not free, it's $0.75/hr. I don't know if there's a daily limit though.

badsetup
Jun 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
Guys, after reading all these issues with the screens and the reception I don't think I'm going to sacrifice my night of sleep. I am one of those picky folks who likes their products to be as perfect as possible. I don't want to regret purchasing, getting a screwy version and starting a return cycle. :confused:

Gonna wait until the dust settles. Good luck to all. :)

jtp098
Jun 23, 2010, 10:56 PM
hey guys anyone at the apple store yet? or at least outside? I'm bummed I'm missing the festivities I would have loved to experience that.. guess i'll stop by later in the day but i assume nothing will be happening then.

dougbrowne
Jun 24, 2010, 04:17 AM
I'll be leaving for the store in less than 30 mins.. Wish me luck! :D:apple:

nevesis
Jun 24, 2010, 09:32 AM
Any line reports from someone there now?

prosp
Jun 24, 2010, 09:37 AM
Any line reports from someone there now?

Ditto.

Also, are there a lot of people on the non-reservation line?

clcnyc
Jun 24, 2010, 11:41 AM
I finally was able to get through to someone at the Apple Store in The Westchester, who told me they only had phones for people who had reserved them. She didn't have a date for when they would have more in stock for those of us who didn't reserve. Oh well!

prosp
Jun 24, 2010, 12:26 PM
I finally was able to get through to someone at the Apple Store in The Westchester, who told me they only had phones for people who had reserved them. She didn't have a date for when they would have more in stock for those of us who didn't reserve. Oh well!

I just got back from the Westchester mall. There are approx. 200 people on the pre-reserved line, and well over 200 on the walk-in/standby line.

I was able to walk in and demo the phone. There were surprisingly few people checking the phone out. The rest of the store was very busy, people were not only there for the iphone 4, but buying macs, accessories, etc.

I asked a salesperson and was told that they were indeed selling phones to walk-ins, and was encouraged to get on the line. I didn't have the time to wait, so I didn't. There was an Apple employee at the end of the walk-in line talking to people and letting them know they could wait or go on-line and order.

I'm going to try again at the end of the day to see what the line looks like, or head up to the Danbury Mall.

Good luck to all trying to get a phone today!

Chris S
Jun 24, 2010, 02:56 PM
Got back from the Westchester mall at 1:30.

The breakdown and time distribution:

4:00 -Arrive on line outside on Westchester Ave/South Broadway. About 60 people ahead of us.

5:30 -Everyone starts to press up against outside mall entrance

6:00 -Mall security puts their GED's to good use by opening all doors at once and everyone runs upstairs to the echoes of the mall guard going "don't run!" Welcome back to high school.

7:00 -Apple store opens and people start "woo"-ing. Over the next five hours, both lines (purchase and reservation) grow past the end of the mall hallway and around both corners.

12:19 -Despite being only 53rd in the purchase line and watching the entire reservation line pass us repeatedly, we make it into the store. The official policy changes from "we'll fit you in between appointments" to "for every ten reservations, one of you goes in" to "whole groups can go in now every few minutes" after much booing and arguing.

1:20 -Finish process and hobble out of Apple store.

Total Time Spent: 9 hours, 20 minutes.

Never Again.

nevesis
Jun 24, 2010, 03:09 PM
Got back from the Westchester mall at 1:30.

The breakdown and time distribution:

4:00 -Arrive on line outside on Westchester Ave/South Broadway. About 60 people ahead of us.

5:30 -Everyone starts to press up against outside mall entrance

6:00 -Mall security puts their GED's to good use by opening all doors at once and everyone runs upstairs to the echoes of the mall guard going "don't run!" Welcome back to high school.

7:00 -Apple store opens and people start "woo"-ing. Over the next five hours, both lines (purchase and reservation) grow past the end of the mall hallway and around both corners.

12:19 -Despite being only 53rd in the purchase line and watching the entire reservation line pass us repeatedly, we make it into the store. The official policy changes from "we'll fit you in between appointments" to "for every ten reservations, one of you goes in" to "whole groups can go in now every few minutes" after much booing and arguing.

1:20 -Finish process and hobble out of Apple store.

Total Time Spent: 9 hours, 20 minutes.

Never Again.

I am going there at 6pm, how many would you estimate is on the reservation line right now?

Chris S
Jun 24, 2010, 03:30 PM
I am going there at 6pm, how many would you estimate is on the reservation line right now?

I would estimate about 200-300. Since the size of the reservations line is always changing, I can't really give you an accurate number.

Keep in mind you're going there after everyone gets out of work and does the same thing. When you get there, talk to the Apple people directly and ask them for an estimated time and whether or not you should wait.

Above all else: Bring a book, a chair, and loads of patience.
Estimated wait time: 2-3 hours.

nevesis
Jun 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
I would estimate about 200-300. Since the size of the reservations line is always changing, I can't really give you an accurate number.

Keep in mind you're going there after everyone gets out of work and does the same thing. When you get there, talk to the Apple people directly and ask them for an estimated time and whether or not you should wait.

Above all else: Bring a book, a chair, and loads of patience.
Estimated wait time: 2-3 hours.

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated.

Any issues with reception and covering the bottom left area of the phone?

badsetup
Jun 24, 2010, 03:46 PM
I couldn't have waited for that long. After all that and you come away with possible reception issues. I'm waiting for the next batch. Congrats to all who got them today! :)

map1978
Jun 24, 2010, 05:24 PM
no bad reception problem

no yellow marks

8 hours though!

ugh

thank god its all over :)

Chris S
Jun 24, 2010, 05:44 PM
Any issues with reception and covering the bottom left area of the phone?

Some, but it's as simple as moving the phone from your left hand to your right hand until they issue a fix. Doubt it's just a software thing since it's a physical location on the phone we're talking about here, but it should help.

Get this: as soon as I uncovered the bottom half of the phone my reception shot up to five bars where I previously had two. Going to Best Buy Hartsdale tonight for screen covers and a case. Personally recommend DLO cases. They're studded for her comfort on the sides.

JCT
Jun 24, 2010, 06:32 PM
Posting this from the Reserved line- probably will have to wait for an hour total. Can't complain, the non- reserved line looks like hell.

Oh well, it's to surprise my college student daughter, she thinks she's getting my old 3G, a good surprise I would say.

Tara Luvs Apple
Jun 24, 2010, 08:45 PM
I'll be at the Apple Store in The Westchester on launch day around 5AM to pick up my reserved iPhone 4! See you all there :D

Also @Espo, if you don't have a reservation then yes get there the night before. It can get busy.

At the original iPhone launch at 6PM I got to the store at 1PM and was #176 in line.

For the original, my husband went there on Saturday (the next day) just as a walk-in around late morning/early afternoon (no waiting), and got them no problem!

Tara Luvs Apple
Jun 24, 2010, 08:49 PM
I went their for the iPhone 3G launch the apple store lines were HUGE i got there at 5AM and their were 400 people in front of me literally the apple store there got a shipment of 400 iPhones and sold out but it looked like not too many of them camped out so you might have a chance if you get their at like 2 or 3.

This is not true because I went there on launch day (The Westchester Apple store was too long of a wait compared to this one). I got there around 6:00 p.m., waited for about an hour, and got my phone. They still had a lot of stock left.

clcnyc
Jun 25, 2010, 08:08 AM
I'm thinking of venturing up there. No reservation. Wonder what my chances are? Going to any of the NYC stores is out of the question.

Chris S
Jun 25, 2010, 10:50 AM
Gonna be heading back to take pictures of the line today and to pick up a bumper/thong for the new arrival.

I'll post pictures of the lines when I get back around 1.

prosp
Jun 25, 2010, 06:21 PM
Anybody at the mall today? How were the lines? Phone availability?

TIA

prosp
Jun 28, 2010, 09:11 AM
Was anyone at the mall this weekend? Did they have any phone on Saturday or Sunday?

TIA

Chris S
Jun 29, 2010, 08:46 AM
Went there over the weekend and they are sold out.