PDA

View Full Version : What do y'all think of this?

scottbushey
Jun 17, 2008, 07:35 PM
Hi,
New to the forum; Generally a lurker; Considering switching gears from Palm Treo 650 to I3G; I just came across this; It gets disheartening by the minute; Not only am I disturbed by what it will cost my wife and I for our family plan and unlimited data, but now it looks as if we will be truly sacrificing quality on the new model Iphone:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/tested-iphone-screen-better-than-the-ipod-touch-screen-299774.php

Satori
Jun 17, 2008, 07:39 PM
This compares the iphone to the ipod touch. Are you assuming that the new iphone will use the same screen as the touch in order to cut costs? A bit of a leap maybe?!

szap
Jun 17, 2008, 07:40 PM
Are you sure you linked to the right article? That article is from Sept 2007 and says that the iPhone's screen is better than the iPod's screen.

tritonj
Jun 17, 2008, 07:41 PM
Hi,
New to the forum; Generally a lurker; Considering switching gears from Palm Treo 650 to I3G; I just came across this; It gets disheartening by the minute; Not only am I disturbed by what it will cost my wife and I for our family plan and unlimited data, but now it looks as if we will be truly sacrificing quality on the new model Iphone:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/apple/tested-iphone-screen-better-than-the-ipod-touch-screen-299774.php

i'm not sure i follow the link is regarding an iPhone and an iPod Touch, and how the Touch had screen problems initially. the date of that article is back in Sept 07.

Ryanhdd
Jun 17, 2008, 07:42 PM
yeah I do not think that is about the new 3g.

aethelbert
Jun 17, 2008, 07:44 PM
That article is from when the first batch of iPods were released. They had bad screens with both the early hardware and the 1.1 software. It's been fixed and they're pretty close to equal now.

scottbushey
Jun 17, 2008, 07:45 PM
Are you sure you linked to the right article? That article is from Sept 2007 and says that the iPhone's screen is better than the iPod's screen.

Well, the way I understand it is that the comparison was done last year comparing the Touch w/ the original Iphone; The Iphone won the comparison. I am told that the 3G model will have the same screen as the 'Touch'. I cannot verify it, but I am told that the data ob Apple's site verifies this. Hence, Apple is giving us a lesser screen on this model.

tritonj
Jun 17, 2008, 07:47 PM
Well, the way I understand it is that the comparison was done last year comparing the Touch w/ the original Iphone; The Iphone won the comparison. I am told that the 3G model will have the same screen as the 'Touch'. I cannot verify it, but I am told that the data ob Apple's site verifies this. Hence, Apple is giving us a lesser screen on this model.

i believe Steve has stated that it is the same screen as the last iPhone

scottbushey
Jun 17, 2008, 07:48 PM
i believe Steve has stated that it is the same screen as the last iPhone

I'll attempt to get the data......

scottbushey
Jun 17, 2008, 07:54 PM
I'll attempt to get the data......

Display (3G)

* 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
* 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi
* Support for display of multiple languages and characters simultaneously

Display (Touch)

* 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
* 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 pixels per inch

Display (Original Iphone)

* 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen multi-touch display
* 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 ppi

Well, they look to be the same; I feel better; should have researched it better before posting; Sorry guys!