PDA

View Full Version : apple cinema or dell 2408

TheRevolution55
Jun 18, 2008, 12:27 PM
What would you think I should get for my mac pro a dell 2408 or a refurb apple cinema display(and do the refurbs come with warrentys and do they have scratches?) p.s I like to game but I use alot of pro apps like photoshop too.

MacONE
Jun 18, 2008, 02:12 PM
Both displays are great! However, the Apple Cinema Display has some great advantages in my opinion. The Cinema Display is made with much better material, aluminum over plastic. Also do not let some of the response times scare you from Apple. It depends if the response time is measured from grey-to-grey or black-to-black. I have read reviews that Dell Ultrasharps have terrible color calibration out of the box. For your uses I think you will be much happier with the Apple Cinema Display for its features and aesthetics.

alam
Jun 18, 2008, 02:20 PM
Both displays are great! However, the Apple Cinema Display has some great advantages in my opinion. The Cinema Display is made with much better material, aluminum over plastic. Also do not let some of the response times scare you from Apple. It depends if the response time is measured from grey-to-grey or black-to-black. I have read reviews that Dell Ultrasharps have terrible color calibration out of the box. For your uses I think you will be much happier with the Apple Cinema Display for its features and aesthetics.

he's correct, if you have some extra bucks, spent it on the design and the quality and that apple display, but if your looking for a cheep price and not esthetic go for the dell.

TheRevolution55
Jun 18, 2008, 02:30 PM
THANKS GUYS, I think im going to go with the refurb cinema display.