Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I know it is an american store but I'm interested in knowing its reputation because I find their policy of wanting NON-US customers to photocopy both sides of their credit card slightly worrying.

But at the same time I'm attracted to their prices since for UK photographers, everything is basically half price.

Anybody give me any info on them?

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
I know it is an american store but I'm interested in knowing its reputation because I find their policy of wanting NON-US customers to photocopy both sides of their credit card slightly worrying.

But at the same time I'm attracted to their prices since for UK photographers, everything is basically half price.

They have an excellent reputation both in grading used items and delivery. Most US dealers who move any amount of electronic merchandise have the same policy due to extensive fraud from overseas and the high cost of attempted recovery there.

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

KEH has a pretty good reputation and a wide selection of equipment. People deal with them because of that, not because they have the best prices. You can find cheaper deals but KEH makes it easy, so maybe it is worth paying more than you would if you bought the item from a private party

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I've had great experiences with KEH (an EX+ lens was brand new) they grade conservatively (this is a good thing), RMAs are awesome (got a beat up lens cap and they just refunded the full amount and didn't have me send it back) and customer service is quick.

Can't go wrong. They're trustworthy, so don't worry about sharing CC info.

Padaung

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2007
UK
B and H Photo have the same policy with foreign credit cards - they are doing it to help protect legit card users and decrease the hassles of card fraud for themselves. I think you have done the right thing to check that a company has a good reputation first if you have not dealt with it before.

Even with shipping, the UK taxman taking his cut, and any admin fees it can still work out siginificantly cheaper with some items when ordering them from 3000 miles away! We live in a crazy world at times.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.