Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Okay, I've partitioned Vista onto my mac before, so I know it works. But this time something weird happened. When I was using bootcamp to seperate the memory out, this time with splitting it about 25gb (mac) to 60gb (Vista), while bootcamp was working its magic, I get the " Please restart your computer" image with it all in different languages and such. So I did, the partitioning didn't finish I do not think. The partitioning was the cause of the problem. Which now leads to my question, Why does it seem like when I partitioned out the memory, the 75gb that was suppose to be for Vista COMPLETELY disappears, I mean it's as if something used the memory and now I only have 17gb of free memory left.

If any of you guys have any solution, I would love to hear it, I prefer not to have to reinstall leopard or destroy everything in my computer, but if its the only way I'll do it.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
First, hard drive space is not memory, it's space. :)

Probably best to start over. Use your install disk to boot and run the disk utility from the top menu. Wipe the drive, partition it (be sure to use GUID), format it as HFS+ and re-install Leopard.

Run the Boot Camp assistant again and create the partition for Vista.

Regards.

bigrobb

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2008
Tennessee
I am about to install vista using bootcamp how much space should I partition for Vista. I am only using it for a couple of things for school. I have to use access for school i cant find what the minimum would be to run vista smoothly with the only program installed would be office 2007 and probably firefox.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.