PDA

View Full Version : ziphone broke my touch

jbellio
Jun 19, 2008, 01:49 AM
Hi while running ZiPhone iPod said something about booting flashware after it did some other stuff or something and did this for 10+ minutes....I clicked stop process and unplugged the iPod Touch....now whenever I turn it on it shows the Logo does some white text and then starts repeating:
BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0
And it does not show up in iTunes or in My Computer when plugged in...when first plugged in the text will say (at the end of all the other)
IOIpodUSBDevice : : start IpodStack can't start ! Need configuration
and starts repeating BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 again! I've held the Power/Hold button and the bottom middle one at the same time and restarted it...nothing....I've tried restoring it but since it won't show up it's kind of hard...is there anyone that can help me?!?:mad:

andybno1
Jun 19, 2008, 02:01 AM
you need to plug the ipod into your mac/pc then (if its already on) hold down home and sleep key, and the screen will go off. Keep the buttons held down and when the ipod logo appears let go of the sleep key only and keep the home button held down, eventually the apple logo will change to itunes logo and a usb connection image and itunes should say it detected an ipod in recovery mode now restore and try ziphone again. :)

jbellio
Jun 19, 2008, 11:31 AM
you need to plug the ipod into your mac/pc then (if its already on) hold down home and sleep key, and the screen will go off. Keep the buttons held down and when the ipod logo appears let go of the sleep key only and keep the home button held down, eventually the apple logo will change to itunes logo and a usb connection image and itunes should say it detected an ipod in recovery mode now restore and try ziphone again. :)

Thank you sooo much you saved my life. My wife will not kill me anymore. I do have one question tho. Do you know why or how to fix my icons not being able to be rearranged. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to electronics but I know how to move them. You just hold on them till they wobble then move them around. They just wont do it anymore. I restored my touch to the original Itouch like 3 times. I hope I'm not asking for to much, and thank you again for the reply.

jbellio
Jun 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
Thank you sooo much you saved my life. My wife will not kill me anymore. I do have one question tho. Do you know why or how to fix my icons not being able to be rearranged. I'm kind of a noob when it comes to electronics but I know how to move them. You just hold on them till they wobble then move them around. They just wont do it anymore. I restored my touch to the original Itouch like 3 times. I hope I'm not asking for to much, and thank you again for the reply.

WOW! im a wicked noob. i just needed to sign onto itunes and it downloaded the mail, map and, weather package. it also lets me rearange my icons now. i do appreciate the help tho. i hope you got a laugh out of me. ill break this thing repeatadly so hope i can give you more laughs as the days go on. im out:D