Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Underworld

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
Hi there,

i'm into speed track

and would like to have a camera that will give me a clear shot for the cars or the kids since the kids r faster than a car when it comes to take their picture :D

I found these too into my budget 350$ - 400$ for the camera it self and for sure i'll through some more for the memory and the bag :mad:

i'm no professional, i'm only avg user :cool:

do u know about the warranty is it international ? and where is the best site to buy from

looking fwd to ur help :rolleyes:
thanx

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Honestly, they both look about on par. From what I've seen of the S5, it takes nice pictures. Remember, they're both still technically "point and shoot" and the shutter lag will represent that. You may have trouble getting sharp pictures of the runners with this, but don't let me discourage you.

If there is a local store that stocks both (I don't know what the shopping situation in Saudi Arabia is) I would play with both and see which interface, ergonomics etc you like better.

Underworld

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
Honestly, they both look about on par. From what I've seen of the S5, it takes nice pictures. Remember, they're both still technically "point and shoot" and the shutter lag will represent that. You may have trouble getting sharp pictures of the runners with this, but don't let me discourage you.

If there is a local store that stocks both (I don't know what the shopping situation in Saudi Arabia is) I would play with both and see which interface, ergonomics etc you like better.

in normal situation i'll go and play with them even shoot in the street, but i'm working in desert right now and i only have one night in town before i go to turkey where i'm gana use it really there,

sony, the reviews says it's made for sport shooting, batteries r not AA
cannon, they say its way better than sony in quality, batteries r AA

i saw both pictures taken by them and they look good

here this site might help, i with i can compare them my self but back to that i'm only an avg user

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/com...sch50,canon_s5is,canon_g9,sony_dsch9&show=all

Creibold

macrumors regular
Feb 27, 2006
I believe the sony is what your looking for - in sports mode it can hit up to 1/4000 of a second shutter speed. Plus I've heard the IQ coming from the S5 has been disappointing when compared to the sony.

Underworld

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
Creibold

i'm thinking the same here

i just asked the guys to check the market in here they found both but both made in Chaina

they had Japanese be4 and it stopped now ..

still not sure but leaning toward Sony

CMD is me

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2006
Go for the Canon S5. If you read up in the photography forums it has the most interest of the bridge cameras. Sony is good, but the Canon has better image quality, sharper lens, MUCH faster zoom, better aperture range, etc, etc. I just picked up the S5 a month ago and it is the fastest point and shoot I've used (and its my 10th digital camera BTW). Great for keeping up with the kids! You may not be disappointed with the Sony as long as you don't later try the S5!

Underworld

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
Go for the Canon S5. If you read up in the photography forums it has the most interest of the bridge cameras. Sony is good, but the Canon has better image quality, sharper lens, MUCH faster zoom, better aperture range, etc, etc. I just picked up the S5 a month ago and it is the fastest point and shoot I've used (and its my 10th digital camera BTW). Great for keeping up with the kids! You may not be disappointed with the Sony as long as you don't later try the S5!

Good Comment CMD

All the photographers i know r telling me to go with the cannon / all the sport fans i know r telling sony

now i'm between these 2 i might go for cannon since the speed reaches 1/3000 sec i think i still can catch the tennis ball !! am i right !! ?

I asked last week coz i wanted to but it online and get it send to here, so by the time i finish my work, i just go and pick it up, but now if i did so i won't be apple to pick it up be4 my flight, so the only thing i can do is to go to the local market and see if any of these is available, otherwise i'll go and search for it in turkey ! lol

many thanx guys

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.