PDA

View Full Version : Album order isn't correct

Stevez0r
Jun 20, 2008, 09:10 AM
I love Reggae music and I currently been download music from Amazon. My problem is I have a bunch of Strictly the Best, Vol. xx and the order isn't correct.

This is what I see in iTunes:

Strictly the Best, Vol. 1
Strictly the Best, Vol. 13
Strictly the Best, Vol. 15
Strictly the Best, Vol. 2
Strictly the Best, Vol. 3

It should be if I know how to count:

Strictly the Best, Vol. 1
Strictly the Best, Vol. 2
Strictly the Best, Vol. 3
Strictly the Best, Vol. 13
Strictly the Best, Vol. 15

How can I fix this?

I don't have compilations checked off because I don't think I need to.

Thanks for your help.

X5-452
Jun 20, 2008, 09:32 AM
In iTunes you can click on the album tab a few times to change the way the list is ordered. Keep clicking it until "Album by Year" is the one you're on. This will also re-arrange all the albums in your library by artist first, and then by whichever album was released first.

Stevez0r
Jun 20, 2008, 09:56 AM
In iTunes you can click on the album tab a few times to change the way the list is ordered. Keep clicking it until "Album by Year" is the one you're on. This will also re-arrange all the albums in your library by artist first, and then by whichever album was released first.I don't think that will fix it on my iPod.

lostless
Jun 20, 2008, 10:00 AM
You could rename the single digit albums as 01 or 02 instead of just 1 or 2. I wish apple would allow albums sorted by year on the ipod though.

X5-452
Jun 21, 2008, 12:00 PM
I don't think that will fix it on my iPod.

No. Unfortunately sorting by album year only fixes it in iTunes. The iPod displays albums in straight up alphabetical order.