PDA

View Full Version : Used PowerBook or MSI Wind

jriddel
Jun 20, 2008, 05:11 PM
Ok this isn't a should I get a macbook pro now or wait etc. I want to wait until January or even before next may to see what all the updates are to the laptops. In the meantime however I would like to have a notebook to go along with my PC that I built already. I'm torn between getting a used powerbook 12" and the new MSI wind. I like the bigger screen and can hopefully grab a good one off of ebay for around 500-600 but I am not sure about buying an used laptop.

The MSI wind also looks really neat as far as portability but I really want my first Mac. What should I go for? I plan on using these just for wordprocessing, internet surfing and just basic travel stuff. Also would the intel atom chip in the Wind be more powerful than the G4 chip in the powerbook? Thanks.

tsice19
Jun 21, 2008, 09:22 AM
Well, I'd say get a PowerBook. If it's just for light word processing and internet browsing, go for it. I'd recommend finding a 12", they seem to be nice for travel.

Plus, the PowerBook will familiarize you with OS X, so when you buy a MBP or whatever you will be accustomed to it.