PDA

View Full Version : Need help with joining multiple mp3 files

Burnsey
Jun 22, 2008, 12:42 PM
I have some audiobooks that I would like to listen to with my iPod (8gig 3g nano) but they are all separated by chapters and in one case, by page! What I want to do is simple, I want to join all the mp3 files into one, I want it to play as an audiobook and to be tagged as one. I have searched and all I've found are some expensive programs for Windows and an applescript by doug, which was really slow, used plenty of CPU (heat) and didn't put the tracks in order when it was done, in other words a complete waste of time.

So any ideas? Just joining all the mp3 files would be great, but such a simple task cannot be done for some stupid reason! I know there are commands for it in the terminal, but I'm not terminal savvy, I know you can use audacity, but that's really tricky, I just want an easy and free method to join multiple mp3 files into one.

it shouldn't be this hard!

jive turkey
Jun 22, 2008, 04:17 PM
Take a look at some of the scripts at http://dougscripts.com/itunes/. I use the ones to make audiobooks regularly (check out "make bookmarkable" and "audiobooker"). I am pretty sure Doug has an audio joiner as well, but I have a program that already does that so I don't have any experience with the script.