Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jptelthorst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I have an 8GB touch, it's a fine iPod, but every so often, when I touch safari, stocks is opened instead, or sometimes I will touch an icon and one nowhere near it will be activated.

Also, when browsing, sometimes the scrolling goes a bit crazy even when I'm not touching the device at all. I sent my touch into Apple to get it checked out, they claimed it was fine and sent it back. It does seem to be working okay now, the only thing I've done differently is tried to keep the screen clean, I guess my fingers are naturally quite greasy, kinda gross.

I'm wondering if anyone has had similar symptoms with their iPod touch?

BIS2

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2004
me too

I am having similar problems. All of the sudden certain icons won't work, or if I click on one thing something else will open. The weirdest part is that sometimes if I have my finger almost an inch away from the screen and move it, it's like I'm touching the screen and things will randomly open?! But if I actually touch the screen nothing happens.

jptelthorst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
I have a micro-fiber "pouch" that I store my iPod in. It came with my iPod Video. I don't have any type of case that my iPod is in when I'm actually using it.

know-it-all5

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2006
USA
Maybe try restoring your ipod... If you restore it, and it still doesnt work, then take it to an apple store, and they will replace it.

jptelthorst

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Maybe try restoring your ipod... If you restore it, and it still doesnt work, then take it to an apple store, and they will replace it.

I already sent it in to Apple and they didn't replace it. I guess maybe if I went to a store and found the right Apple employee they would replace it.

Shut it down at night, not sleep. Turn it off. Hold down top button.

I will give that a try, but out of curiosity why would that make a difference?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.