PDA

View Full Version : iPod Classic Deleted Movies Still Show In iPod Menu

irontony
Jun 22, 2008, 11:24 PM
iPod Classic Deleted Movies Still Show In iPod Menu

Thanks so I have searched the forums and could not find an appropriate thread.

I had moved several movies into my iPod Classic by dragging the movie file to the Music Library of the iPod in iTunes (which was my first mistake - I should of created a movie play list first)

Because I had done that none of the movies could be located via iTunes.
I enabled "view hidden items" from the finder and could delete the movies from the iPod (the movies were with the music files)

However the movies are still listed in the iPod even tho they are deleted.
I brought the movies back into the iPod via iTunes but this time to a play list so now I can manage them but obviously there are TWO references of the movie in the iPod (One of which doesnt play)

Any clues on how to "remove" the duplicate movie refs from the iPod?

Kind regards

TuffLuffJimmy
Jun 22, 2008, 11:29 PM
why don't you navigate through your iPod's library and manually delete the movies? Don't ever muck around with the hidden files in an iPod unless you want to screw it up.

irontony
Jun 23, 2008, 01:47 AM
why don't you navigate through your iPod's library and manually delete the movies? Don't ever muck around with the hidden files in an iPod unless you want to screw it up.

Cheers for the input.

Yeah I had gone through the iPod Library and none on the movies that I had originally dragged into it were listed. So when I wanted to remove them I consequently couldnt as they were not listed anywhere in the iPod Library via iTunes. No forums or anthing could answer my query so I resorted to deleting them via hidden files. I appreciate it wasnt the best thing, but there must be away to now correct it without going to the extreme of reseting the iPod.

I now know to create a movie play list in the iTunes Library for the iPod and then drag movies into there. I'm sure I'm not the only one so I'm sure someone will know how to now remove the duplicate entries in the movie menu of the iPod.

irontony
Jul 3, 2008, 11:51 PM
Found my own Fix

As everyone has been saying I should be able to view the movies from the iPod Library via iTunes. The movies never showed in any of the lists, either movies or music.

I then realised I had not upgraded iTunes to the latest version on my new iMac 24" 2.8. Once I had done so every movie file was now revealed in the movie list of iTunes.

Such a noob

But just in case someone else has a similar issue - always remember to check for updates

Cheers